Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 07:53 AM (7,382 Views)
Harmony233

JDeveraux_91
Jan 25 2013, 07:36 PM
greeneyedgirl
Jan 25 2013, 06:34 PM
Is there a woman in Salem who is not in love with Daniel? I mean seriously.

Does anyone remember the character of Mango on Saturday Night Live? :P Absolutely everyone who came in contact with him became obsessed with him and I mean absolutely everyone, male or female, young and old. No one could resist him, he was the object of everyone's obsession. Sound familiar? Daniel Jonas is the Mango of DOOL!

Youtube it if you have no idea what I'm talking about. :laugh:
between daniels harem and sami's harem i feel like screaming lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

greeneyedgirl

Marlena's hug to John's back was so goofy but soapy at the same time.

I hated those scenes. Marlena should have told him to go to hell.

chinkybig

I also kind of wished of that Eric decked John before he left instead of giving him a hug. Seriously, he deserves both black eyes and some after how he has treated Marlena.

esp13
Member Avatar

I wonder if Maggie remembers when she was a Danloe cheerleader.

The show finally found a good angle to shoot MR where she doesn't look 10 years older than she is.

Loved the Eric/Brady showdown.

Loved Nicole. Loved Father Matt's advice to Nicole.

Daniel and Chloe seriously have way more chemistry than Daniel and Jennifer.

AFaithL

esp13
Jan 25 2013, 09:08 PM
Daniel and Chloe seriously have way more chemistry than Daniel and Jennifer.
Loads and loads more chemistry.....

I never understood why the writers destroyed them for Dannifer. Shawn and Nadia have a ton of chemistry. And not just sexual either. They connect emotionally as well.

lysie
Member Avatar

Today was okay, too. For me the only story really dragging is the Parker stuff. It blows. And these nunuParkers make the last Sydney look like Meryl Streep.

I was back and forth for all of the John/Marlena interactions. I'd like it one second and hate it the next. I liked the way Deidre played most of it. I hated the way Drake played most of it. I hated her running to hug him, but I loved his response once she got there. I liked the Brady/Marlena scene and I liked the Kristen/John scene. John/Eric was a little weird. Okay...I need to know if anyone watching doesn't think John is just being an ass. I'm fully aware of my own bias here, so I'm trying to figure out if it's just my imagination, lol. So if you have an opposing opinion on that, please share.

Oh, one other thing. John said he was going to Italy to see if anything had changed (or something like that) since the last time they were there. I'm pretty sure the last time "they" were in Italy was in 2006 at the beginning of the vendetta. That gave me some hope that there's going to be a Stefano tie-in and maybe even what Kristen said about the John/Marlena stuff being for show will come to fruition. I haven't thought that at all until today, though.

Maggie is annoying.

I really liked the Eric/Brady stuff. Nicole also looked like a soap character today.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

John,John,John,he should put himself in M's shoes,for example,unlikely,but for example say Alex North came back from the dead and he said he was a whole new person and Marlena bought into it,I know John would be tripping over himself to show Marlena Alex was full of shit.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jan 25 2013, 09:41 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Jan 25 2013, 09:40 PM
John,John,John,he should put himself in M's shoes,for example,unlikely,but for example says Alex North came back from the dead and he said he was a whole new person and Marlena bought into it,I know John would be tripping over himself to show Marlena Alex was full of shit.
He doesn't have to imagine. He can just think back to when Marlena did exactly that with Stefano in 1995. It pissed him off, but she didn't flee the country. She also didn't expect him to agree with her.

esp13
Member Avatar

I think John's being kind of an ass. But I like the conflict, so I guess his assedness doesn't bother me.

And yes, the last time John and Marlena were in Italy (at least onscreen or that we know of) was November of 2006. It was the start of the vendetta stuff though, or if it was, they dropped it for a long time. But that was the trip where J&M got married (again) and where they found out that Stefano was alive and that EJ was Elvis Jr.

lysie
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 25 2013, 09:48 PM
I think John's being kind of an ass. But I like the conflict, so I guess his assedness doesn't bother me.

I don't mind the conflict either. I do wish it weren't so one-sided. But I am hoping that maybe there's more going on that what we've seen so far.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Anyone wondering if John's doing all of this deliberately? Maybe I'm just hoping for a reason for such OTT behavior. I haven't at all liked John since the shit hit the fan with Brady and Kristen.

But even I can't really justify why he would be such an ass if it were deliberate to trap Kristen. Not sure how it would work. Maybe the character is just being written as an ass.

As bad as I felt for Marlena (Deidre did great), I loved Kristen outside just so happy and then jumping up and down for joy. It was great.

lysie
Member Avatar

KMan101
Jan 25 2013, 10:09 PM
Anyone wondering if John's doing all of this deliberately? Maybe I'm just hoping for a reason for such OTT behavior. I haven't at all liked John since the shit hit the fan with Brady and Kristen.

But even I can't really justify why he would be such an ass if it were deliberate to trap Kristen. Not sure how it would work. Maybe the character is just being written as an ass.

As bad as I felt for Marlena (Deidre did great), I loved Kristen outside just so happy and then jumping up and down for joy. It was great.
I did get that feeling today, but that's the first I've felt that way. IDK if that's just what I'm hoping or if there really were some hints.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I'm surprised by how how much I liked the motive transition of Nicole into the Kristen story line and Nicole's look at the end? Let's bring it bitches!

quesla

peaches179
Jan 25 2013, 08:13 PM
greeneyedgirl

Marlena's hug to John's back was so goofy but soapy at the same time.

I hated those scenes. Marlena should have told him to go to hell.
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :rockon: :cheer: :cheers: :applause:

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Krady walking arm-in-arm is unintentionally hilarious.

Oh Nicole, stop looking at Daniel like that. Look at the hot priest like that instead.

John, you a big baby. And good lord, Marlena. After all you two have been through, the histrionics about John leaving for business meetings seems a bit much.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Poor Farker. I'm already sick of that fake elevator crap and I bet you've been subjected to it all morning.

I hate Maggie. I don't care if she's been on the show for a century. HATE. HER.

I love Chloe playing the Jack card. Just making me root for her more.

LOL at Brady "we're stepbrothers" - ooh burn!

Marlena running up and hugging John from the back was hysterical.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Father Matt!!! This Nicole - Father Matt scene is made of awesome. I wish we could see Nicole in confessional weekly.

Quick Nicole, Eric's collar is off!!!!

Kristin jumping up and down was ridiculous.

bomber
Member Avatar

Anyone else think John might come back with a DiMera in tow since Corday said new DiMeras are going to show up. I don't think it'll be Peter (although I would love that) but maybe Susan or a John/Kristen spawn?

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Daniel and Maggie asking about his great each other is. Kill. Me. Now.

Ooh, I love this Kristin - John scene. ED's delivery is perfect - "mmm, that's funny."

I REALLY like schemey Chloe. Her wide-eyed innocent works so well for this.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Dammit Nicole, don't help him put the collar back on! You are so not being a Thornbird.

I love these dial-a-scheme calls with Stefano. It makes me feel like he's in some European mansion cooking up plots to destroy the Bradys.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply