Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 07:53 AM (7,432 Views)
SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Jen looks like a PTA mom next to Chloe's...well....Chloe.

HOLY HOT PRIEST.

John got a hair cut.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Yes, Mar-Lane-UH, he's leaving today, like he said.

Nicole, get over that orange surfer, PLEASE!

I want to like you again on a regular basis.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Danloe is sooooo much better than Dannifer. Once again, GT needs to be reminded that chemistry between a couple actually matters.

Jen has on shrek tights and is a saint. That's pretty much all got from that Maggie-Jen scene. Meanwhile, I wonder if I will ever be able to like her again?

I miss crazy eyes.

LOL at Farker giving Chloe the side eye when she suggested moving in.

John must really be leaving for awhile. He's gotten more goodbye scenes than Bo got.
Edited by tomsawyer, Jan 26 2013, 01:12 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Oh yeah, remember Jack??

What is up with Brady's, hair, facial hair, clothes??

He looks like he just walked out of Flashdance.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Okay, that back hug from Marlena was uber cheesy, but I liked it.

And John is kind of being an ass, but I get it. He's over all the drama.

Why are we having to suffer thru this Daniel/Mags scene??

Oh look it's Father Walton. Wonder how Jon Boy is?

Nicole's got Jen's number. "The Dull One."

Jon Boy's daddy's got big ass ears.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Angry Father Eric is HAWT!!

I'm loving his little chin dimple.

How old are you Brady, 3? Throw that chair over!!

You'll show him.

Dee Hall cries better than anyone.

She should win some kind of crying award.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

BAHH!!Kristen jumping up & down outside was made of win.

This Mag/Dan scene is not.

Chloe has the most monotone voice...she's the female Rafe.

But I like her. Maybe because she isn't a douche with eyebrows that won't quit.

DHim is so much better acting wise opposite ED.

Not sure why.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I'm going to need them to ramp up the Nicole & Eric situation.

Brady's just an idiot.

But I'm okay with it.

I'm not okay with his Flashdance look, however.

Kristen is the shining beacon on the show today.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Nicole & Kristen is going to be made of all kinds of win.

Oy Vey. It's not bad enough I've got to sit thru Dan/Mags now I've got to sit thru Mags/Jen.

Jen, most of us would like to get you & Daniel out of the way.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Well you're not Captain Obvious at all Chloe.

And then there's Brady, Captain Oblivious.

Love the "BITCH" looks between Kristen & Nicole.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Fantastic to see Eric lay into Brady like that. Best part of the show.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Also, John is an utter bastard. This stuff should not be threatening Jarlena's marriage by any stretch of the imagination. I'm extremely disappointed in him. I felt terrible for Marlena sitting in the coffee shop crying while Kristen watched through the window with glee.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Maggie is nausea-inducing. #ThingsNotSpecificToThisEpisode

I like Nicole going after Kristen as a way of helping both Eric and Brady. I just hope she isn't out-maneuvered. I have faith in my Nikki. Give that bitch a run for her money!

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

I found this show pretty dull for a Friday, especially after yesterday's episode. I groan out loud whenever I see the Dan/Chloe/Jennifer stuff is happening that day.

Eric having enough of Brady's blindness when it comes to Kristen was great. I like fired up Eric, especially when the collar comes off. I guess that's his version of taking off the earrings and preparing to smack a bitch. Points deducted for accusing Brady of being tacky....but it was hilarious to hear a priest make that accusation so I rescind the removal of points. Brady's response of purposely knocking over a chair like a 7 year old cracked me up. You show him, Brady!

I like Chloe's wide-eyed innocence to Jennifer's face while scheming behind her back. I need to see more of Anne hating on Jennifer 24/7. I like John when he interacts with Kristen. There's something in Drake's performances with Eileen that make me pay more attention than usual. Maybe it's because I'm not used to John having an adversary that's female.

I will take 2 minute Stefano cameos from a chair for now, but I'm going to need to see The Phoenix in town wreaking havoc in the near future.

bomber
Member Avatar

John was way too OOC this episode. I really think his behaviour towards Marlena is all part of his plan to get back at Kristen. He was deliberately acting cold.
Still can't get on board with Eric and Nicole but I think I'm going to like Nicole and Kristen.
Dan and Jen are horrendous. I thought MR just hated acting with MA but I think she just hates acting period.
Edited by bomber, Jan 26 2013, 05:35 AM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 25 2013, 01:58 PM
LOL - Parker just gave Chloe some nice side-eye when she mentioned moving in with Daniel.
I saw that too but I thought I might have imagined it.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 25 2013, 09:40 PM
Today was okay, too. For me the only story really dragging is the Parker stuff. It blows. And these nunuParkers make the last Sydney look like Meryl Streep.

I was back and forth for all of the John/Marlena interactions. I'd like it one second and hate it the next. I liked the way Deidre played most of it. I hated the way Drake played most of it. I hated her running to hug him, but I loved his response once she got there. I liked the Brady/Marlena scene and I liked the Kristen/John scene. John/Eric was a little weird. Okay...I need to know if anyone watching doesn't think John is just being an ass. I'm fully aware of my own bias here, so I'm trying to figure out if it's just my imagination, lol. So if you have an opposing opinion on that, please share.

Oh, one other thing. John said he was going to Italy to see if anything had changed (or something like that) since the last time they were there. I'm pretty sure the last time "they" were in Italy was in 2006 at the beginning of the vendetta. That gave me some hope that there's going to be a Stefano tie-in and maybe even what Kristen said about the John/Marlena stuff being for show will come to fruition. I haven't thought that at all until today, though.

Maggie is annoying.

I really liked the Eric/Brady stuff. Nicole also looked like a soap character today.
Parker has some personality and looks like an Oscar contender compared to Sydney.I thought I saw him shake his head when Daniel asked if he wanted to help open the door.He smilled when Daniel did the elevator thing in picking him up.He reached for the door knob when Daniel again said something to him about helping to open the door for Nicole.And as mentioned earlier he did the "side eye"look when Chloe mentioned them moving in with Daniel.His behavior appears to be consistent with a two year old being around new people and will like get better the more he works with the cast.

CatherineEarnshaw

I hate Brady According to him, KRisten has paid for trying to kill Marlena. He thinks someone can make up for trying to kill his mother???

I hate John too. Kristen is no threat to Marlena despite the fact that she tried to kill Marlena.

Deidre is still the best actress on the show. She wells up better than anyone.

CatherineEarnshaw

Nicole may become my favorite character on the show. Loved what she said about John and Marlena and just may enjoy her scenes with Kristen.

Hate Kristen, but still loved her glee at marlena's pain. Can't wait for her to go down. (Different kind of hate for John adn Brady because they are both so out of character).

As much as I hate Brady, I am happy that he hasn't reverted back to Kyle Lowder's psychopathic portrayal of budding serial killer Brady. And has Deidre ever not had good chemistry with any of the actors who play her children (even the weakest among them which this actor certainaly qualifies as)?

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

My biggest problem with the J&M scenes is the ridiculous inconsistency. John tells Marlena to not engage. Yeah, you told her that before, she DID just that and that is why you're leaving. You told her not to walk into Kristen's traps anymore, she did exactly what was necessary to do that and you're leaving.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply