Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, January 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 07:53 AM (7,410 Views)
six
Member Avatar

I didn't get the impression that John and Marlena were putting on an act, but that would be great, not because I'm invested in Jarelena as a couple, but because I would hope Marlena would normally have more dignity than to make such a spectacle of herself in the middle of the coffee shop.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 26 2013, 09:39 AM
I didn't get the impression that John and Marlena were putting on an act, but that would be great, not because I'm invested in Jarelena as a couple, but because I would hope Marlena would normally have more dignity than to make such a spectacle of herself in the middle of the coffee shop.
I didn't get that impression from their scenes. I got it from John and Kristen's.

People keep mentioning this being a Friday show, and I just want to point out that this wasn't written or filmed to be a Friday show. We're still a day off. Any Friday cliffhangers are purely coincidental.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 26 2013, 01:27 AM

DHim is so much better acting wise opposite ED.

Not sure why.
I think Drake gets bored easily. Working with ED is different.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 26 2013, 10:30 AM
six
I didn't get that impression from their scenes. I got it from John and Kristen's.

People keep mentioning this being a Friday show, and I just want to point out that this wasn't written or filmed to be a Friday show. We're still a day off. Any Friday cliffhangers are purely coincidental.
I thought that was corrected when the ran a show on 1/1/13, which they originally weren't planning on doing.

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 26 2013, 11:10 AM
lysie
Jan 26 2013, 10:30 AM
six

I thought that was corrected when the ran a show on 1/1/13, which they originally weren't planning on doing.
I thought we didn't get a show...am I just thinking of Inauguration Day?

lysie
Member Avatar

I must be. Well, carry on!
Edited by lysie, Jan 26 2013, 11:18 AM.

AFaithL

Brady is a fool....but he didn't take vows with Marlena and promise to stand by her side no matter what. John/Marlena should let Brady go. Let him build a life with Kristen if he wants. Eventually, we have to let our (40 year old) children go.

I am much more disturbed by John. He has been constantly defending his wife's kidnapper/abuser. That's not John. Even if Kristen legitimately changed and became Mother
Theresa, became a "good girl" again, the real John would not forgive her or support her in any way. And not just out of loyalty to Marlena, either, but HE HIMSELF just flat out wouldnt want to be around her.

John is supposed to be a "romantic hero", show. Therefore, we want him acting like it to Marlena. Please fix his personality and his relationship with his soulmate of 25 years. Make him recognizable again.

annie21

bomber
Jan 26 2013, 05:33 AM
John was way too OOC this episode. I really think his behaviour towards Marlena is all part of his plan to get back at Kristen. He was deliberately acting cold.
Still can't get on board with Eric and Nicole but I think I'm going to like Nicole and Kristen.
Dan and Jen are horrendous. I thought MR just hated acting with MA but I think she just hates acting period.
Not sure about hating acting, but she probably hates this story she's in, and is slogging through it. Such a waste for all concerned.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

All Marlena needs to do is tell Brady she saw him in bed with Kritter and Kritter saw Marlena come in her room while she was with Brady and Kritter clearly never told him,maybe a light may go off in his dumb head,then again Kritter would probably twist it her own way.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 26 2013, 10:33 AM
SoapGal1
Jan 26 2013, 01:27 AM

DHim is so much better acting wise opposite ED.

Not sure why.
I think Drake gets bored easily.
Probably cause his storyline SUCKS and knows his character is being given a major character assassination.

blueskies
Member Avatar

^@BalscoFan5,

I just wanted to say, I FLOVE your OUAT banner :wub:

mer4santo
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 26 2013, 12:54 AM
Daniel and Maggie asking about his great each other is. Kill. Me. Now.

That scene was embarrassing. In fact, most of Dan and Maggie's scenes are. Why did they have to be best buddies? Where was the drama for Eggbaby. I STILL hate that story line.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 26 2013, 01:34 AM
Brady's just an idiot.

But I'm okay with it.

I'm not okay with his Flashdance look, however.
So.much.this.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

bomber
Jan 26 2013, 05:33 AM
Dan and Jen are horrendous. I thought MR just hated acting with MA but I think she just hates acting period./b]
FTW

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Just watched this episode again on nbc website. I think my favorite part of the entire episode is the"wtf" facial expression that Stefano pulled after Kristen told him she was going to date Brady for a while longer.

camera shy

Panda Panda
Jan 27 2013, 01:59 AM
Just watched this episode again on nbc website. I think my favorite part of the entire episode is the"wtf" facial expression that Stefano pulled after Kristen told him she was going to date Brady for a while longer.

I don't understand if Stefano doesn't have a problem with EJ being with Sami, then why does he care if Kristen is with Brady? At least Brady never shot Kristen in the head and left her for dead. :shrug:

Dazed&Confused

cantstopme
Jan 25 2013, 01:37 PM
Please do not go ape shit on me.... but I am curious, am I the ONLY Days fan that absolutely can not stand John and/or Marlena and wishes that would just go away?

There has to be at least one other closet Jarlena hater out there.

I dont hate them as a "super couple"... I hate them each individually (and therefore, yes, as a couple too).

Dazed&Confused

You are not alone. Marlena always has that pious, self-satisfied look on her face and John is just a wanna-be Clint Eastwood. Does he really sound like that?

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jan 27 2013, 02:22 AM
Panda Panda
Jan 27 2013, 01:59 AM

I don't understand if Stefano doesn't have a problem with EJ being with Sami, then why does he care if Kristen is with Brady? At least Brady never shot Kristen in the head and left her for dead. :shrug:
I always thought that Stefano held nothing but contempt for Sami and only "respected" her because she was the mother of his grandchildren and because EJ was adamant on having her in his life

darraholic
Member Avatar

LoL Loved Kristen & John's little exchange.

*sigh* I keep waiting for Dexter to show up and kill Daniel for stealing Harrison.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply