Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Prospect Park Announces Deal With Hulu, Hulu+ and iTunes!
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 02:21 PM (970 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/all-my-children-one-life-to-live-set-for-spring-premiere-on-hulu-hulu-plus-itunes/

Los Angeles, CA and New York, NY – January 25, 2013 – In a groundbreaking move that brings premium first-run, broadcast-quality programming to a mass-market audience via the internet, Prospect Park’s The Online Network (TOLN) announced today that the Company has reached an agreement with Hulu and the iTunes Store to distribute all-new episodes of “All My Children” and “One Life to Live.” Through the Hulu distribution agreement, the hugely popular daily dramas will reach tens of millions of fans via the free Hulu.com service, as well as millions of Hulu Plus subscribers watching on connected TVs, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. iTunes customers can enjoy viewing on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV and their Mac or PC. The announcement was made today by Prospect Park Chairman and CEO, Jeff Kwatinetz.
Edited by KMan101, Jan 25 2013, 02:23 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/01/25/all-my-children-and-one-life-to-live-set-to-premiere-digitally-on-hulu-hulu-plus-and-itunes/166825/

Tammy
Member Avatar

Okay I don't use Hulu or Hulu Plus... so what is the difference between them other then you pay for one of them? :shrug:

cord08

With Hulu+, you often get quicker access to episodes. For instance, with weekly primetime shows, Hulu+ gives you access to new eps a day after they air. You have to wait 7-8 days after air to get the same content on regular Hulu. I'm not sure how that'd work for a daily show, though. I think you can watch eps of Days on Hulu the day after they air for free.

There might be extra "goodies" on Hulu+ like bts videos or something with the new shows. IDK.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I believe You need Hulu+ to watch the programming on TV. Unless you hook up your computer to the TV. I havent used Hulu in a while so I cant entirely remember.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Will this be available to Canadians?

KMan101
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jan 25 2013, 04:00 PM
Will this be available to Canadians?
I'm sure. I would think so. I would think Canada and even internationally has to be on their minds.

Their own website might let you watch for free anywhere. I don't know though :shrug:

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Definitely not for Canadians via Hulu. iTunes I can't see being anything other than a rental or purchase per episode type of deal. It'll depend if their own website will stream the episodes, though that they've involved Hulu would lead one to believe they've outsourced the "broadcasting" to their ready-built infrastructure.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Yeah, hopefully they work out some deal with Canadian watchers since we can't use Hulu unless you have an IP changer thing.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'm sure they'll figure something out. I can't imagine them not. I believe last time they had said they would, but I can't remember where I read that.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I've known about Hulu for years (I subscribe to Daily Variety and recall seeing articles about it going back to 2007 and 2008) but I have never paid any attention to it nor had a desire to investigate (have pretty much been spoiled by my OnDemand and all it has to offer).

Will definitely be getting into Hulu now. Think I'll go like it on Facebook this evening.

Bremol
Member Avatar

I had a trial of Hulu+ for a while and hated it. If I'm going to pay for a service like that, I don't expect ads. I get ads using Hulu free.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I can watch Hulu(plus) on my Blu-Ray player. Works great. I do think with Hulu+ you shouldn't have to see ads during the shows, before and maybe a break in the middle could work. However, the commercials are usually 30 seconds, so it's not terrible.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I'll gladly continue to pay my $7.99month for Hulu+ to see OLTL!

dragonflies
Member Avatar

hulu plus sucks, it's not worth the price. netflix is better.

you get ads with hulu plus,given what people pay for it, there should be none at all with plus

KMan101
Member Avatar

Netflix is better in a lot of ways for the cost, I agree, but I don't think Hulu sucks. I guess it just depends on what a person is specifically looking for.

Could I use that $8 dollars for something else? Sure! But for my situation, I'm wanting to move away from satellite television and start using an over-the-air antenna (for local broadcasts), probably a TiVo again. And I can get Hulu and Netflix on my Blu-Ray player (check these out guys! They're somewhat cheaper now than they were a few years ago and some offer these apps ... I'd assume you would need an HD capable TV but I don't know for sure).

Or a Roku. I've wanted to get one for a while but because my Blu-Ray player has Netflix/Hulu, I don't see a need for it. If it had a cloud DVR .... I would. Like the Boxee is beta testing right now. Wal-Mart offers the Boxee which will have a cloud DVR I believe and you can hook up over-the-air antenna to it and then stream from Hulu/Netflix. I THINK. Again, not 100%.

Just some thoughts for everyone if they want to watch :D
Edited by KMan101, Feb 12 2013, 08:22 AM.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Rick
Feb 12 2013, 02:09 AM
I'll gladly continue to pay my $7.99month for Hulu+ to see OLTL!
Same here.

But I'm still disappointed with the slim pickings Hulu PLUS has to offer. Wanted to catch up with Friday Night Lights since I stopped after season two but nope, they only have the last season available for a short time.

If you like watching the current season of TV shows, it is good for that but I already have OnDemand on my cable package and it serves that purpose.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm definitely considering paying for AMC and OLTL. I think I'm going to see how it is in the beginning. If I like what I'm hearing about the show, I'll put my money down.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Can you download shows from Hulu+?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply