Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Press Release-Ratings; Week of Jan. 14
Topic Started: Jan 25 2013, 04:02 PM (1,332 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

'Days of Our Lives' Hits a 21-Week High Among Women 18-49

IN TOTAL VIEWERS, ‘DAYS’’ 2.8 MILLION FOR THE WEEK OF JAN. 14-18 IS ITS BIGGEST OVERALL AVERAGE AUDIENCE IN NEARLY TWO YEARS

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – January 25, 2013 – “Days Of Our Lives” has delivered a 21-week high in the key daytime demographic of women 18-49, matching its highest rating in that measure in nearly 14 months, according to “live plus same day” ratings results for the week of January 14-18 from Nielsen Media Research. In total viewers, "Days" reached an average of 2.8 million viewers last week, its biggest week long overall audience in nearly two years.

For the week of January 14-18, "Days Of Our Lives" (1.0 rating, 6 share among women 18-49, 0.6 rating among women 18-34) tied for #3 among network daytime series in both the women 18-49 and women 18-34 demographics.

"Days" delivered its highest women 18-49 rating since the week of August 20-24, 2012 (1.0) and equaled its highest women 18-49 result since the week of November 21-25, 2011 (1.1). Among women 18-34, “Days” delivered its highest rating in seven weeks (since the week of November 26-30, 2012, 0.6) and matched its highest women 18-34 rating in nearly 14 months (since November 21-25, 2011, 0.8).

In total viewers, the 2.774 million average for "Days Of Our Lives" last week was its biggest since the week of January 31-February 4, 2011 (3.030 million).

Versus the same week last year, “Days” was up 6 percent among women 18-49 (with 634,000 viewers versus the year-ago 597,000), up 18 percent in women 18-34 (194,000 vs. 165,000) and up 10 percent in total viewers (2.774 million vs. 2.528 million).

Season to date, "Days Of Our Lives" is tied for #4 in both the women 18-49 category and the women 18-34 demo. Season to date, “Days” is up 0.5 percent in total viewers (2.644 million vs. 2.631 million).

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/01/25/days-of-our-lives-hits-a-21-week-high-among-women-18-49/166868/?utm_campaign=WP%20%3E%20Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jan 25 2013, 04:02 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Congrats Days.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Wonderful news!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Highest total viewers in 2 years? Wow...what happened last week?

The wedding right?
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 25 2013, 04:09 PM.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

The wedding and the Wabi baby reveal...the entire week was very strong but Monday and Tuesdays numbers were probably HUGE.....there was so much going on and the reveal was very well acted and the pacing was extraordinary...it's probably the best two episodes of the show in ....2 years....not surprising I enjoyed the fact that many characters were on and had scenes.

jdawg1077

Nobody does a wedding Days-aster like our favorite (and sometimes not-so-favorite) Salemites. And it almost always pays off!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Good job Days!!

I expect them to keep momentum thru sweeps.

They're firing on all cylinders right now.

Crossing fingers it lasts more than a month!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jdawg1077

SoapGal1
Jan 25 2013, 04:19 PM
Good job Days!!

I expect them to keep momentum thru sweeps.

They're firing on all cylinders right now.

Crossing fingers it lasts more than a month!
I agree. It feels like some of the pain we had to sit through the last few months is coming to an end. The writers had to come in, close out stories and characters that they didn't want to write for, re-shuffle existing characters, and set the table with some long-term stories which are just starting to unfold (Bristen, Custody Battles, etc.). The show is must-see for me right now, with the various character interactions, the tension, the emotions. I hope they can maintain this for awhile and get to 3 million viewers again. It's not perfect, but it's much better than it was in the fall.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

Congrats Days! I know I enjoyed the wedding episodes. I was on the edge of my seat! :cheers:

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Days is getting better after a terrible October - December

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Awesome news! Just goes to show if you write good drama, there's still plenty of audience to watch it. The shows last week were very strong and I'm glad the numbers reinforced that. Hoping Days can keep up the momentum through sweeps.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Shick
Jan 25 2013, 04:40 PM
Days is getting better after a terrible October - December
I quite loved december for shipper reasons :wub:

Congrats Days! Wonderful news indeed

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
SnB Fan

Congrats Days well deserve, hopefully it keeps up.

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

If nothing else, Tomsell knows how to get the ratings up, MarDar were really never able to do that on a consistent basis.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

January has been a VERY good month of DAYS....Dannifer is the only thing I have been STEADILY fast-forwarding....and I mean every god damned scene they are in.

This couple is PURE TOXIC TRASH, its like salt in the eyes for me.

Get rid of Dannifer and this show is THAT much better overnight!

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I am so happy for DOOL, they deserve it & I hope the rise in the ratings continues!

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

Awesome news!! Days finally has a strong younger cast..They need to milk out this Gabi, Nick, Sonny, Will story out like they did Austin, Sami, Lucas and Carrie...

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

For the first time in months I am pleased. They've been writing a better show, and I'm happy the show is being rewarded.

Evan
Member Avatar

Dannifer is definitely the weakest part of DAYS right now, the best part of DAYS for me is Kristen - love ED.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply