Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RuPaul's Drag Race - Season 5
Topic Started: Jan 27 2013, 12:40 PM (744 Views)
Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

The fifth season of "TV's best reality show!" premieres on LOGO in only 24 hours and I for one, am super excited especially knowing we will have 14 contestants and a 90-minute premiere (yes!)

Actually, two years ago I was one of those folks complaining that LOGO played too much RuPaul but somehow I got sucked in and now I am addicted as much as a person can be without auditioning for the show. Ha!

Who else thinks this might be the shadiest season to date? How can this season top the drama from last (Willam's mysterious disqualification turning into a six-week soap opera!!!)??? Guess we will have to wait and see ...

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Edge1978
Member Avatar

Tonights the night! Can't wait!

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm still bitter about all-stars...but I can't wait, either!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Only one show in and I REALLY like "thick girl" Roxxy Andrews (the winner of the main challenge). She reminds me of Shannel from season one.

Posted Image

And it is extremely obvious Serena ChaCha is going to be the equivalent to last season's Phe-Phe O'Hare. Not a compliment.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Okay, so after overdosing on the premiere episode from Season Five, I have come up with my fearless predictions for how I think the rank will turn out for this season's queens (barring an event such as what happened last year with Willam -- but you know something like that will happen for shock value!).

14. Penny Tration
This has already happened. The 14th contestant, voted aboard the show by internet votes, went home first. No real predict here.

13. Jinks Monsoon
The queen with Narcolepsy. Her boy face and painted face were both enough to put anybody to sleep.

12. Jade Jolie
The giggly queen who wore the NBC Peacock on her shoulders. She is too much of a waif and less of a fierce diva. I don't see how she could even be a contender.

11. Monica Beverly Hillz
This queen reminds me of last season's Dita Ritz, who made Top 5, but Monica is lacking a lot of the charisma Dita had.

10. Serena Cha Cha
In a perfect world, this nasty little viper would have went home in the first show but every season needs a menacing little trouble maker (hi, Shangela, Phi Phi, etc.) and so Ru and Co. are going to keep her around as long as possible just to keep ratings up. Let's hope she doesn't last longer than five shows in.

09. Alyssa Edwards
The queen accused of "borrowing" from the other girls. Of course she also has some beef with Coco and TPTB will milk that for all it's worth at least for six episodes.

08. Alaska
The poor man's Sharon Needles. How on Earth did none of Sharon's drag talent run off on this queen?

07. Coco Montrese
The other half of the Alyssa-Coco bickering. She won't last long once Alyssa is gone as there will be no more drama to milk out of whatever it is that happened in their past.

06. Vivienne Pinay
This season's Jujubee! I think this queen is sickening and her horizontal dance in the water moment should have won her the first mini challenge. THIS GIRL COULD BE THE SEASON'S DARK HORSE!

05. Ivy Winters
Although she has some "tweaker" moments, this queen has the cutest boy face and her debut runway look would have been epic had it not been for that hair. She should be fun through most of the season.

04. Honey Mahogany
This statuesque black beauty reminds me of early-RuPaul in some ways and she excelled at her mini challenge and on the runway.

TOP 3/THE FINALS

03. Lineysha Sparx
This season's misunderstood Puerto Rican Queen might just be the best one yet (sorry, Nina Flowers!). Top 3 is certainly a possibility for Sparx.

02. Detox
Like her or not, you have to admit she has that Chad Michaels "I am a professional" thing pat down. She is humorous, gives good drag face and is the one to beat!

01. Roxxxy Andrews
However, it's going to be tough to beat this 29-year-old self-described "Juicy Girl." Andrews, the queen who has shed 70 pounds, is fierce! Her first runway was the type you see girls doing when they are performing on the final show. I already have mad drag love for this queen. As the Scissor Sisters would say, "Let's Have a Kiki"

... and what do YOU think?

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply