Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, January 28th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 28 2013, 08:20 AM (5,218 Views)
AFaithL

chinkybig
Jan 29 2013, 01:00 AM
AFaithL
Jan 28 2013, 11:23 PM
I have to say, Marlena blaming herself for John leaving was ridiculous. John is the one who has been a jerk and had a horrible attitude towards her. He is the one who needs to get his act together. I would love for Eric to call him out.

I TOTALLY agree! I was quite surprised to see Eric hugging John goodbye last Friday, when in fact, I would have wanted him to deck John for his actions. I may be alone in this, but I am enjoying Eric-Marlena's interaction as mother and son. It is refreshing to see that Marlena has the support of her child (which is sorely missed right after Belle left). I mean, Sami has been, well, Sami. But I enjoyed seeing the Marlena-Eric bond. I wish that Eric could have been more over-protective. He is pissed with Brady, but seriously, he should be equally, if not, more pissed with John in this situation.

I'm totally not excited to see Kristen actually falling in love with Brady...because we all know how that will end once Brady wises up. Kristen would be left on the curb again, and it would just be like her losing John all over again. I wish that Kristen would stay on path in her revenge against John and Marlena and NOT actually fall in love with Brady for real. It would be interesting to see Brady all destroyed, and then maybe, he will gain a backbone and balls; it would be interesting to see him be "bad" as well and plot revenge back when the right time comes. I don't want it to end like Brady finding out the truth, throwing Kristen to the curb, falling in love with the next woman, while Kristen ends up pining for another Black again...just...NO...please.
Completely agree that Eric should not have hugged John. He should have called him out on his hurtful actions towards his mother. He should have smacked some sense into him and told him that HE, not his mother, not Kristen, and not Brady, was responsible for his own shoddy behavior.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Am I seeing inklings of Brady beginning to think with his brain rather than his cock? Hallelujah! Everything he said to Kristen after Nicole left was music to my ears. Finally cracks are beginning to appear in her woe-is-me act. We know there's going to be a Bristen/Ericole quad, right? It seems like it might be Brady torn between Kristen/Nicole and Nicole torn between Brady/Eric. Well, we don't know yet so I won't get ahead of myself but the Nicole/Kristen scene and the Brady/Kristen scene were both very promising.

Agree with everyone who sees a ton more chemistry between Danloe than Dannifer. Nadia Bjorlin's IMDb page doesn't show her with any other projects in development, so hopefully she can stick around for longer than her original stint. However, if she would prefer to do other things I don't entirely blame her given what this show has done to her in recent times.

Enjoyed Eric/Marlena. Sami is otherwise engaged and, in any case, too self-absorbed to give her the support she needs and Belle is M.I.A. so I'm glad she has Eric to turn to. Eric's friction with Brady over Kristen has been welcome and, as Nicole pointed out, entirely reasonable, since his stepbrother is, after all, banging the woman who tried to kill his mom. Having Eric ignore that would be egregious, so he's behaving exactly as he should. And of course, already strained relations will make it more believable should they ever find themselves battling over Nicole...but, ahem, again...not to get ahead of myself.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Love Nicole in full-on schemer mode. I love it even more because she's not doing it for her own gain, but to help two men she cares about deeply...so in a way, I think some of this 'redemption' stuff did take...but this is 'redemption' on Nicole's own terms.

TomSell, with everything going on right now you are building serious goodwill with me. Never thought it possible! I don't want them to be replaced any time soon because it will likely derail the trajectory of the current stories.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I know Nadia's always taken her lumps for not having a lot of chops in the acting department, but she's a lot less wooden than a lot of other people I've seen on soaps over the years. I think she really acted her material today. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Nadia has really surprised me lately. I really do like Daniel and Chloe. Damn. I really wish they would have let Shawn go and written Daniel out with Chloe. I just don't see how Daniel and Jennifer are "forever", they're so boring and need outside forces to even make them interesting.

Loved Kristen and Nicole's catfight. Loved the history Nicole mentioned. Nicole in schemer mode is so nice to see. I was getting tired of her walking around apologizing to everyone. Nicole is being redeemed and growing but in her own ways and I like it.

I also love the personality Eric is starting to finally show. Greg getting all hot and bothered is kinda fun to watch. I like Brady vs. Eric and Kristen vs. Nicole. Dare I say this all has potential as long as we don't get bed-hopping. I'm so tired of that.

CatherineEarnshaw

I think it is in Marlena's character not to blame her child Brady (adult that he is) when she was talking to Brady. marlena has always taken responsibility for her actions even when the expiration date (ahem Sami) is there lol

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Also needs to be said: While I am firmly and unequivocally Team Nicole, it has to be said that Kristen has the best and most amusing gotcha! bitchface in the history of television ever.

AFaithL

CatherineEarnshaw
Jan 29 2013, 05:58 AM
I think it is in Marlena's character not to blame her child Brady (adult that he is) when she was talking to Brady. marlena has always taken responsibility for her actions even when the expiration date (ahem Sami) is there lol
Oh, I completely agree that it's in character for Marlena to take responsibility for her actions. Even when things aren't fully her fault.

Lil
Member Avatar

I was pretty disappointed. I though tthe Kristen and Nicole fight was WEAK. I was wanting so much more.

Everything seemed off today.

The Hope/Jen were fucking horrible. FFWDed most of them.

And LOL@ Nadia's acting. She's better than she ever was...but that still ain't saying much.

I got nothing. I was let down by stuff that should have been good. Bad directing, maybe?

Lil
Member Avatar

I will say the dialogue wass pretty good, though. I always enjoy Kristen and Nicole in any capacity, but I wanted so much more from this fight.

Chloe was all over the place and fucking up lines left and right lol "in al fresco?" "Silly like a fox"? Huh? Is she retarded?
Edited by Lil, Jan 29 2013, 09:23 AM.

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

I just now watched yesterdays episode... Is it bad that FINALLY having someone say "Kristen BLAKE DiMera", literally made my day?

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Jan 29 2013, 01:25 AM
chinkybig
Jan 29 2013, 01:00 AM
AFaithL
Jan 28 2013, 11:23 PM
I have to say, Marlena blaming herself for John leaving was ridiculous. John is the one who has been a jerk and had a horrible attitude towards her. He is the one who needs to get his act together. I would love for Eric to call him out.

I TOTALLY agree! I was quite surprised to see Eric hugging John goodbye last Friday, when in fact, I would have wanted him to deck John for his actions. I may be alone in this, but I am enjoying Eric-Marlena's interaction as mother and son. It is refreshing to see that Marlena has the support of her child (which is sorely missed right after Belle left). I mean, Sami has been, well, Sami. But I enjoyed seeing the Marlena-Eric bond. I wish that Eric could have been more over-protective. He is pissed with Brady, but seriously, he should be equally, if not, more pissed with John in this situation.

I'm totally not excited to see Kristen actually falling in love with Brady...because we all know how that will end once Brady wises up. Kristen would be left on the curb again, and it would just be like her losing John all over again. I wish that Kristen would stay on path in her revenge against John and Marlena and NOT actually fall in love with Brady for real. It would be interesting to see Brady all destroyed, and then maybe, he will gain a backbone and balls; it would be interesting to see him be "bad" as well and plot revenge back when the right time comes. I don't want it to end like Brady finding out the truth, throwing Kristen to the curb, falling in love with the next woman, while Kristen ends up pining for another Black again...just...NO...please.
Completely agree that Eric should not have hugged John. He should have called him out on his hurtful actions towards his mother. He should have smacked some sense into him and told him that HE, not his mother, not Kristen, and not Brady, was responsible for his own shoddy behavior.

Eric only has limited knowledge about what happened between John and Marlena. The only person Marlena has really confided in has been Hope. I'm sure if Eric knew the fully story he wouldn't have hugged John goodbye.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply