Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dallas (2012) Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 28 2013, 06:31 PM (5,781 Views)
Checkers
Member Avatar

I adore John Ross in that black suit!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Checkers
Member Avatar

Chris/Elena are the worst.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Checkers
Jan 29 2013, 12:24 AM
Chris/Elena are the worst.
I Totally AGREE!!

I enjoy watch 2 episode tonight. Can't wait to see next monday!

I like Pamela Rebecca....

I still love John Ross.. & JR

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Great start.

Though it's absolutely ridiculous that Judith Light is Mitch Pileggi's mother.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Drew
Jan 29 2013, 02:08 AM
Great start.

That's why I commented about not being able to believe who's mother she was playing. Maybe she had him when she was a teen... ^o)

KMan101
Member Avatar

Missed the last half of the second hour. The first hour was blah. I really loved everything Sue Ellen and I was sad for her when she lost Governor. I hadn't really even thought of her not winning. I assumed she did for some reason. I loved JR and John Ross standing by her side and JR doing whatever he can to make sure she's in the clear. That was so nice. And then the scene where she nearly drank? I thought they were played and shot great.

Josh Henderson's southern drawl kind of annoys me. I can't always understand the man. It's getting annoying LOL

And I'll say one nice thing about Jesse Metcalfe. He does smug anger fairly well.

I'm loving Pamela Rebecca's attitude but I did LOL as she strutted into Barnes Global and took over. Bitch, where have you been? That scene was just funny because it came off as ridiculous and she looked like an amateur. I really liked her scenes with John Ross and JR though. JR telling Pamela Rebecca he already flushed out 1 Pam was just gold.

I'm really really really going to miss Larry Hagman.

EDIT:

I find it incredibly hilarious that wallflower Elena is practically running the entire show at Ewing Energies while John Ross and Christopher play their stupid games with each other and Pamela Rebecca. I mean, Elena has literally done everything to get them where they are. But man does she put me to sleep!

Also, just don't really care about Ann's daughter. Thought the actress seems interesting, and she is a regular, could fill the 'Lucy' role. I did kinda lol as Emma just plain wanted nothing to do with her and Ann's school-girl hopes were completely dashed. It was a good scene but the music and the everything was just a little over the top for me. And PLEASE tone down Harris's slimey persona. I'm fine with him but they creep him out just a little bit too much.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I don't care for the Ann's daughter story but I'm here for Judith Light and Mitch Pileggi.

Posted Image

JR's line about flushing out Pamela was hilarious.

Lil
Member Avatar

Larry Hagman showed in last night's epis that he is still indeed the STAR of this show. He stole pretty much every scene he was in. And I love seeing him in scenes with Bobby & Sue Ellen. They are all so natural together. Can't wait til I get more Cliff scenes. He will be sooo sorely missed. I am frightened of what the show will become when his final airdates are over.

Sue Ellen...also all kinds of awesome.

Josh Henderson's acting has actually gone up a notch since last season. Or maybe I continue to be blinded by his hotness. John Ross should be a slimeball. Especially while he is young. Hell, it was implied that even Bobby was kind of a sleaze until he met Pam.

I do, however, think that he and Pamela Rebecca fell into bed a little too quickly. Why not ramp up the sexual tension and milk it a while? Especially where we watched John Ross and Chris swap Elena back and forth all last season. Kind of gross, IMO lol Plus she's pregnant with twins. I dunno..But I did enjoy their dialogue. And I like that PamReb is no dummy this year. and she really does look more like Jenna than she does Afton..I also see a little Pam in her too, which is fitting. I think it's the eyebrows. In any case, I like her a Hell of a lot better this season already even though some of her scenes were unintentionally comical.

I LOVED fiesty, awesome Ann last season. Not liking that they are making her weak now.

I still think Mitch Pileggi as Harris Ryland is all kinds of WIN. And what little I saw of Judith Light, I LOVED...but I agree that the age thing is so full of WTF?!?!?!?! Unless they mention some serious plastic surgery and that she had him at like 13 I don't buy it for a second! lol

Chris and Elena are also still the weakest links for me. Although I like that they are giving Elena some more purpose this year, I'm still not feeling her. Jesse Metcalf is still just horrid. Him and his poopy face when he gets mad. He's so wooden. But...I've already decided to root for the bad guys on this show to Hell with him lol

All in all, I'm excited and looking forward to next week :-)

Edited by Lil, Jan 29 2013, 08:56 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Miss Rhi
Jan 29 2013, 02:28 AM
Drew
Jan 29 2013, 02:08 AM
Great start.

That's why I commented about not being able to believe who's mother she was playing. Maybe she had him when she was a teen... ^o)
Apparently she's only 3 years older :lol:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

And here I was thinking last night that it would be awesome if Harris were to marry Abby Ewing. But if she's ALSO old enough to be his mother....

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Who's Abby Ewing?

KMan101
Member Avatar

Knots Landing's Abby (she was a Ewing through Gary)

Madonna

I'm already loving this season more than last year.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Hard watching knowing the end is near for JR.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Drew
Jan 29 2013, 05:50 PM
Who's Abby Ewing?
The fact that someone actually had to ask this question crushes my soul.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Never saw Knots, never got a proper DVD release.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I thought the second season premiere was amazing! So very soapy.

"Love is for pussies." Loved that line from John Ross!

I am in LOVE with Pamela Rebecca Barnes. In love! She's quickly becoming my favorite soap bitch. And I thought I was going to squeal like a little girl when John Ross and Pamela finally went at it after so many close calls. I would never ever want to see them become an actual couple, but the lust between them is on fire!

Elena is still boring as hell. If it weren't for Brewster playing the part, the role would be a lost cause.

I was pretty surprised to see Judith Light playing Harris' mother. The revelation that Judith and Harris took Emma away from Ann and raised her in secret was amazing. I'm hoping once Emma comes around to Ann and moves into Southfork, she becomes this generation's Lucy. The ranch could use a little vixen stirring trouble.

It's going to be so sad to have to say goodbye to JR. The opening, alone, was heartbreaking.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jan 29 2013, 11:52 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I was expecting John Ross and Pambecca to be hotter than what they were. In the promo they looked hotter. They weren't dull by any means but they work for now. Chris is gonna flip his lid when he finds out.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

The thing I've loved about JR on this show is how they always frame his shots like he's the devil on John Ross' shoulder.

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I'm still holding out fanboy hope that when it's all said and done that it's Pam who kills JR.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply