Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dallas: Season 2
Topic Started: Jan 28 2013, 06:31 PM (5,081 Views)
Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I want to love the Dallas re-boot but I can't even seem to gather the strength to like it. The 1978-1991 version is my #1 favorite TV show of all-time for crying out loud so why is it I find myself prefering re-runs of King of the Hill and Tosh.0 over this?

Are there any other 35+ fans (whom remember watching the show back in the 1970's on Friday nights!) like me? Is there a solution to this emotional resistance?

Is it the Principal of the situation?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Your missing Victoria Principal?

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Miss Rhi
Jan 30 2013, 04:58 PM
Which I can't for the life of me understand.

Now that Hagman's gone there's no point.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

I cannot get passed Jesse's HORRID acting. It's pitiful. I thought I read somewhere that Elena will be getting a personality transplant? I am assuming this takes place midway through the season as she is still DULL as well as Christopher, I can't help but chuckle when Jesse plays MAD LOL

I am going to miss JR :shame: , I was lmao when he told Pamela Rebecca, I came here to look my enemy in the eye and seeing that your Daddy is 2 feet shorter than me, you'll do. :lol:

Checkers
Member Avatar

Posted ImagePosted Image

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jan 30 2013, 04:58 PM
Oh yeah!

I always thought of Pamela as the heart and soul of the Ewing family (no offense, Miss Ellie) and remember not enjoying the show nearly as much following her May, 1987 send off.

Then again, bad writing and changing trends in television viewing were probably moreso to blame for the show's ratings drop than Principal not being around.

Posted Image

Lil
Member Avatar

Edge1978
Jan 31 2013, 11:38 AM
I cannot get passed Jesse's HORRID acting. It's pitiful. I thought I read somewhere that Elena will be getting a personality transplant? I am assuming this takes place midway through the season as she is still DULL as well as Christopher, I can't help but chuckle when Jesse plays MAD LOL

I am going to miss JR :shame: , I was lmao when he told Pamela Rebecca, I came here to look my enemy in the eye and seeing that your Daddy is 2 feet shorter than me, you'll do. :lol:
Seriously! Everything about him and his freakishly huge head just screams "Douchebag" to me lol

Lil
Member Avatar

HARRIS RYLAND?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I seriously did NOT see that ending coming. It very literally brought me up out of my seat gasping.

Lil
Member Avatar

Same here!! Sadly it was really the only thing in the whole episode that I found particularly exciting. I really liked Harris as a character. I'm kinda pissed. But way to put Ann back up on my radar of characters to watch!!!

Mason
Member Avatar

I thought Ann shooting Harris was fairly predictable, to be honest, but I still thought the show played that scene very well. And I doubt Harris is dead. They didn't make Pileggi a regular just to kill him off after 3 episodes.

bigmama56
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Jan 30 2013, 04:42 PM
I want to love the Dallas re-boot but I can't even seem to gather the strength to like it. The 1978-1991 version is my #1 favorite TV show of all-time for crying out loud so why is it I find myself prefering re-runs of King of the Hill and Tosh.0 over this?

Are there any other 35+ fans (whom remember watching the show back in the 1970's on Friday nights!) like me? Is there a solution to this emotional resistance?

I remember oldDallas "back in the day," pre-DVR and gianormous VHS recorders that cost a fortune cause it was new technology, LOL :lol: Of course, the rush home on Friday's to be available to watch Dallas and Falconcrest live w/o interruption. Those were the good old days :smile: And I don't know what it will take to lure V. Principal to make an appearance on nuDallas. She thought she was s-o-o-o far above the original show once she left :hmmph:
Edited by bigmama56, Feb 7 2013, 06:01 AM.

Mason
Member Avatar

I thought tonight's episode was one of the new series' best to date. And, while I would like to see more of J.R. in his final episodes, the fact that this season has been stronger than the first even with less J.R. gives me hope that the show won't flop post-J.R.

My only regret is that we never actually saw John Ross hurl a toy truck at Sue Ellen's head as a child.
Edited by Mason, Feb 11 2013, 10:26 PM.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Call me petty, but I can't stop staring at Julie Gonzalo's scar. I don't know how I didn't see it the whole first season, but this season, it has been a huge distraction for me.

And speaking of.... I absolutely LOATHE the character of Pamela/Rebecca/whatever her name is... and it's not one of those "love to hate" things. I actually can NOT STAND the character. (PS- Why change the character's name for the 2nd season? Yeah, it was all part of her con, but Rebecca really IS part of her name!)

Kinda saw the whole "Frank committing suicide" thing from his convo with Cliff.. (when Cliff said something along the lines of "if you love me, you'll do the only thing acceptable that's left to do".... or something like that.)

Judith Light is bringing this bat-shit crazy character of hers to life!! I love it!!

And as far as everyone saying how boring Elena is... I love Jordana Brewster, but I do agree that Elena's pretty boring.. but I think the writers are going to involve her more in her brother's story as the season progresses. But who knows? I could be wrong!

Lil
Member Avatar

So Cliff took Frank off the streets of Islamabad and raised him as a son 25 years ago? *scratching head* lol

So glad Harris is alive!

King
Member Avatar

I love Dallas. GOTTA be one of my fav shows on the air right now. Watching everything these days seems like such a chore.

Judith Light is FLAWLESS.

cyndabell

I didn't care for this latest episode. Ann's trial, which seemed to get most of the focus, just didn't interest me.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Spoiler...

Spoiler: click to toggle

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

TNT has released an update to their episode synopsis for episodes seven and eight which includes the episode for JR’s farewell.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Madonna

Renegade_Killerbee
Jan 30 2013, 04:42 PM

Season 1 one of the new reboot was ok..I think I liked it more just because the show was back but Season 2 is miles better than the first season. I hope the rumors about you know who returning are true. Seeing Dallas back on the air is a dream come true. Is it anywhere near the original during its heyday....no...but I am thrilled it is back!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply