Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dallas: Season 2
Topic Started: Jan 28 2013, 06:31 PM (4,907 Views)
DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

LMAO at JR instant messaging Bobby from the other room! Cute Ewing brother moment.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mason

You know, the writers have really missed an opportunity to address history accurately (for a change) by having Sue Ellen relate to Ann's current predicament with Harris by mentioning/telling her about the time Sue Ellen shot J.R. while he was keeping John Ross from her in '88. But then, if they did that, their friendship might actually seem less phoney.

I will say, though, that I'm enjoying Sue Ellen being a total bitch to Elena. It might be the first time since the new series started that I haven't been annoyed with the writing for her character.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

It was a trick!
Edited by DrewHamilton, Feb 25 2013, 09:36 PM.

Mason

I sincerely hope Hagman actually appears in next week's episode, because if his last scene as J.R. Ewing was spamming Bobby with IMs and cutesy viral videos from just down the hall....just ugh. The way J.R. just disappeared about mid-way through this episode seemed kind of weird, so I hope this wasn't the episode they were filming when he died.

King
Member Avatar

I really liked the first few episodes. Loved, even. I haven't watched tonight's, but the last two were good at parts, but I can see it is definitely getting a little stale. It's just double crossing and one upping and tricking each other left and right. You start to see it coming after a while.

I still love it though.

Drew
Member Avatar

Mason
Feb 25 2013, 10:02 PM
I sincerely hope Hagman actually appears in next week's episode, because if his last scene as J.R. Ewing was spamming Bobby with IMs and cutesy viral videos from just down the hall....just ugh. The way J.R. just disappeared about mid-way through this episode seemed kind of weird, so I hope this wasn't the episode they were filming when he died.
I remember them saying he'd shot 6 episodes. I wonder though if there'll be some creative editing over the next weeks to fill him into the Who Killed JR story.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Bye JR,the character maybe an ass,but he will be greatly missed,Larry is greatly missed.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Wonder what happened to the mechanic. I thought for sure John Ross had snaked another one. (Is it just me or do TPTB have a hard-on for that guy?)

Call me shallow, but Rebecca/Pamela's scar still distracts me.

And LORD, Jordana needs to eat a cheeseburger!

Okay, shallow moment over.... This Bell chick looks nothing like her TV father or mother.

And DAMN, Judith Light is delightful as hell!!! I hope they make her a regular. (PS- Is it a character thing, or a Judith thing, that she sometimes shakes? I hope Judith's health is okay.)

I hate that Hagman died during filming, as selfish as that might sound. Just seemed odd watching his scenes, knowing they were probably filmed out of order... and most of his phone dialogue was lines/dialogue from previous episodes.

And last, but DEFINITELY not least... I think it's B.S. that they keep toying with us regarding a Victoria Principal return. First, she is. Then, she's not. One place says she's never ever returning; another says she's on her way. JUST MAKE UP YOUR MIND, WOMAN! The least you can do is swallow your pride, show up on set, say a few lines to pay your respects to a former co-star, and let that be it. All this back-and-forth about her return is driving me insane!

King
Member Avatar

I'm so bored with it all of a sudden.

Mason

Actor87
Mar 6 2013, 09:58 PM
And last, but DEFINITELY not least... I think it's B.S. that they keep toying with us regarding a Victoria Principal return. First, she is. Then, she's not. One place says she's never ever returning; another says she's on her way. JUST MAKE UP YOUR MIND, WOMAN! The least you can do is swallow your pride, show up on set, say a few lines to pay your respects to a former co-star, and let that be it. All this back-and-forth about her return is driving me insane!

It's not Victoria's fault that the show is intentionally leading people on. I wish she was coming back, but at least she's being direct and setting the record straight about it...unlike Cynthia Cidre.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

Wow he wasn't in any of the last episode, it was all spliced together. :(

there is a really nice article explaining what they did, all I can say is WOW they know their shit.

http://tvline.com/2013/03/11/dallas-season-2-spoilers-jr-funeral/

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

^^^I agree. Absolutely brilliant.
Edited by bellajewel, Mar 11 2013, 01:20 PM.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

:'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAoKH8QBT0Y&feature=youtu.be
Edited by Casey, Mar 11 2013, 07:26 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

^^^ :'( :'( :'( :'(

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

I've got my tissues ready :(

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Sobbing already,very nice slower opening.

Not seeing Larry's name in the credits was a kick in the gut.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

No acting required for Patrick and Linda on this episode.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Mar 11 2013, 08:54 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

It's so sad Larry Hagman is gone. :'( The show isn't gonna be the same without him, not sure if I'll be watching anymore.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

OMG Sue Ellen is drinking again :'(

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Shick
Mar 11 2013, 08:42 PM
OMG Sue Ellen is drinking again :'(
I was afraid that might happen. Sue Ellen still deeply loved JR despite their many past issues.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply