Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dallas (2012) Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 28 2013, 06:31 PM (5,165 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

OMG Linda Grey u are killing me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Oh Sue Ellen got me. :tears:

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Bobbie,WTH does that paper say?

Ok now,Bobbie/Patrick got me,it kill's me because I know their tears for Larry.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Mar 11 2013, 09:03 PM

I yelled at my TV "What's on that paper!!!!"

That final scene with Bobbie in JR's room was a perfect ending.

I have to say the writers took something that could have been very difficult to deal with and set up an interesting mystery.

Mason
Member Avatar

I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but the episode really wasn't the punch in the gut that I thought it would be (which isn't necessarily to say that it was bad although it wasn't amazing to me, either), but I think that's at least in part because I felt that back in November when the news of Hagman's death first broke.

Some small parts of the episode (like the Harris/Ann/Emma scene at the beginning) really should have been cut to give us more interactions between visiting characters like Gary/Lucy, and Cliff was sorely underused. I realize this show only has a small number of episodes in its season, but very little if any of this particular episode should have been about advancing the plot.

My favorite parts of the episode were easily the scenes where Bobby and Sue Ellen were simply alone in J.R.'s bedroom grieving.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Tonight, I was hit in the gut all over again. :'( :tears:
Edited by bellajewel, Mar 11 2013, 09:29 PM.

GLtime

The episode should have been 2 hours long. It was great seeing Mandy and Callie but the scenes were way too short. Larry Hagman's tribute should have been a 2 hour show. They should have brought so many favorites back for the funeral. Mandy and Callie should have been at the funeral as well.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

cubsgirl
Mar 11 2013, 09:09 PM
BalscoFan5
Mar 11 2013, 09:03 PM

I yelled at my TV "What's on that paper!!!!"

That final scene with Bobbie in JR's room was a perfect ending.

I have to say the writers took something that could have been very difficult to deal with and set up an interesting mystery.
Me too,I yelled so loud my dog started barking at me,lol.My guess is maybe something to do with Pam.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

GLtime
Mar 11 2013, 09:23 PM
The episode should have been 2 hours long. It was great seeing Mandy and Callie but the scenes were way too short. Larry Hagman's tribute should have been a 2 hour show. They should have brought so many favorites back for the funeral. Mandy and Callie should have been at the funeral as well.
I thought tonight's episode was gonna be 2hours. I'm shocked it was still only one hour.

Mason
Member Avatar

GLtime
Realistically, I'm not sure how many more characters they could have brought back, but I would have loved cameos by Sly and Marilee Stone. And, while I wouldn't have looked forward to seeing him, James should have appeared, as well.

Also, I meant to mention this in my last post, but I don't buy Miss Ellie having cut J.R. out of her will. It was a minor detail that was mentioned in passing, but it really bugged me.

GLtime

http://tvline.com/2013/03/11/dallas-season-2-spoilers-christophers-mother-pam-alive/

GLtime

Mason
Mar 11 2013, 09:29 PM
GLtime
Realistically, I'm not sure how many more characters they could have brought back, but I would have loved cameos by Sly and Marilee Stone. And, while I wouldn't have looked forward to seeing him, James should have appeared, as well.

Also, I meant to mention this in my last post, but I don't buy Miss Ellie having cut J.R. out of her will. It was a minor detail that was mentioned in passing, but it really bugged me.
Sly was suppose to be on the show but I believe her scene was cut out. Marlee Stone would have been great...and the Cartel that were still alive....and his other sons from Callie and Vanessa.....now is good time to bring his sons back to fight John Ross for EE.

Mason
Member Avatar

GLtime
Mar 11 2013, 09:31 PM
I wish they wouldn't play around with Pam coming back if it's not actually happening -- and I don't personally believe it is, certainly not with Principal, at least. And, if it's not happening with Principal, it shouldn't happen at all.

Casey
Member Avatar
#BringBackMartha

GLtime
Mar 11 2013, 09:31 PM
I wish they wouldn't do this. As an avid fan of the original, I would LOVE to see Victoria come back. However, it's cruel to get people's hopes up like that when Principal herself has denied any involvement or interest in the project.

I could maybe accept a recast if the story is brilliant but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

What a great episode tonight, they had me tears Poor John Ross, Sue Ellen, and Bobby and I want to know what's bobby's paper say!?!?

KMan101
Member Avatar

Tonight's episode was not good. Very rushed and disappointing overall.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

OMG. I'm *still* crying over J.R. & Sue Ellen. Linda Gray simply BROKE ME.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Patrick and Linda knew Larry over 20 year's so it broke me knowing their tears were very,very real.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Linda Gray was by far the best part of tonight's episode. She was great.

Josh Henderson also wasn't that bad.

Loved Bobby finally going off on Ann. That was a good scene.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Great episode!

Linda and Patrick KILLED it. And I'm liking where it's going with John Ross and Emma. Only thing that really bothered me was how too-friendly Mandy and Sue Ellen were.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply