Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dallas: Season 2
Topic Started: Jan 28 2013, 06:31 PM (4,923 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

I'm shocked Pam and JRoss are married. Wow.
Harris is the worst!!!! He knows Emma is on drugs!!!! :ermm:
Edited by bellajewel, Apr 8 2013, 10:20 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar

It was going pretty well until that final hour. That was shite.

JR committing suicide ... I just can't. Bobby framing Cliff for a suicide ... NEVER. WOULD. HAPPEN. The Who Killed JR story was the biggest crock of shit and a total let down. I should have atleast been a relevant character.

I guess Elena's a bad ass now over some switched land? Interesting, it should atleast brings some life out of Jordana Brewster. John Ross/Emma/Pamela should atleast make for a good triangle. And i'm glad they've finally put Pam to rest once and for all.

Edited by Drew, Apr 16 2013, 01:53 AM.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

I enjoyed both episodes, then watched the repeats. Bring on Season 3!

Spoiler: click to toggle

While it may have been out of character for Bobby, it most certainly wouldn't have been for J.R. The way I see it, I think Bobby was doing what he was told by his big brother. As for J.R. situation, he wasn't the devil as people thought he was, despite his devious deeds. The things he did were to protect his family and was just ruthless when it came to business. J.R. was a caring person, although he had his way of showing it.

J.R. also didn't want anyone feeling sad for him and that would've happen if his family found out about his cancer and he most certainly wouldn't succumb to cancer and I'm sure he'll take his own life before cancer does.

I could go on and on. I'm sure I missed something.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

John Ross and Emma didn't surprise me,he is JR's son after all and he was a scoundrel with woman.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

John Ross and Emma have been fooling around before his marriage to Pam, it's the contents in the suitcase what shocked me. They're basically saying since their enemies are no longer a problem, yet, they're (John Ross and Christopher) are going back to war with one another in Season 3.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

The Finale was decent. I loathe that John Ross is screwing around on Pam. I loved these 2 together (for 2 episodes? LOL)

Mason

I thought the finale itself was acceptable, but it didn't leave me looking forward to a third season at all.

King
Member Avatar

This season has really become a chore, but I am trying to hang on.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

I was a bit underwhelmed by the season finale of Dallas. There is going to be such a gaping hole in this show now that JR is gone.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

I enjoyed the season finale. Even in jail Cliff is still continuing the war. Maybe turning Elena against the Ewings might make her interesting. Loved the John Ross Emma twist. I knew there was there was more up his sleeve than just stock shares.

Drew
Member Avatar

I agree about the chore. The middle was absolutely boring but I thought once episode 11 came it picked up significantly.

The problem overall is that so much of it is predictable and spelled out, even by soap standards. The second Cliff asked Bobby who really killed JR I said outloud that he killed himself and sure enough he did. I was hoping against hope there'd be some massive shock in the final moments (maybe the rumored Victoria Principal appearance).

More than anything I'm looking forward to JR and Emma - Sue Ellen 2.0.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

My big problem with it is that it's just not BIG enough. And dammit if everything is not about some sort of criminal activity. And, IMO, there's not enough OTT camp to it. Granted, I don't want it to turn into parody or spoof, but DAMN can they just crank up the epic melodrama of it all?

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Am I the only one bored to tears by Emma and Ryland? The only time I found them somewhat interesting was when Judith or (sometimes) Ann was involved.

J.R. dying due to assisted suicide? I think even Larry Hagman would have scoffed at that one. Although, I will say, J.R.'s goodbye letter was very well written.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Here's an interview with Cynthia Cidre about Dallas. Pretty good interview. They grill her about Cliff's character assassination, inconsistencies in story, etc. (She sounds like a B****!)

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dallas-Finale-Burning-Questions-1064125.aspx

Mason

Cidre sucks. This show desperately needs a new show runner.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply