Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Important role being cast this week, to debut in May!
Topic Started: Jan 28 2013, 11:22 PM (4,507 Views)
King of Hearts
Member Avatar

I'm 100% positive that she'll name the baby Arianna.

As for predicting how it will turn out, I think it'll either involve Abigail learning the truth about Melanie and a confrontation between the two or LIKELY/MOSTLY something involving Rafe and Sami and when the baby's born, their feelings will slowly rekindle w/ the anger towards one another still lingering.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

She better be named after Marlena is all I'm gonna say. First of all, it's time somebody named their child after Marlena (she's delivered babies, she's saved people and nada! She's also named ALL her children after other people), and the she's the person that the biological father is closest to in the entire world.
Edited by The Room Stops, Jan 29 2013, 10:24 AM.

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I think she will be name arianna as well. Glad she lives cant handle any more baby deaths on my soaps

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

LuvingLumi
Jan 29 2013, 08:32 AM
I'm going with at St. Luke's during Ciara's communion..Father Eric and Sami delivers the child as there is a huge storm out and the ambulance got caught in a flash flood....Rafe and Sami are fighting throughout the entire thing....
unfortunately, i was thinking that that will probably be it. Why can't Ciara just have her First Communion without making it all about Wabi & the baby? If it's not Ciara's First Communion, it'll be some other major event.
personally, i vote for "Gabi goes into labor in the back alley behind Common Grounds and no one finds her until it's almost too late. Will Gabi &/or the baby survive?" (with Gabi not surviving. which will, of course, bring an end to EJami (assuming they are still together at this point), as Sami & Rafe grow closer as they mourn Gabi's death)

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 29 2013, 01:47 AM
ugh, for many reasons.
if the babies have to be under 10lbs, does that mean that we get instant-baby? why did babies like Ciara, Claire, &, if i'm not mistaken, the rest of Sami's kids get the doll treatment, but Wabi get a real infant? isn't casting newborns the complete opposite of saving money?
I'm pretty sure that almost all of the babies since Tomlin started EP'ing in 2008 were played by real children from the start. The dolls were an Ed Scott thing -- maybe the guy who came right before him.

Was Clare a doll in the beginning? I know Ciara, Johnny, Allie, and Joe were.

blueskies
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Jan 29 2013, 01:58 PM
Supergirlx2
ugh, for many reasons.
if the babies have to be under 10lbs, does that mean that we get instant-baby? why did babies like Ciara, Claire, &, if i'm not mistaken, the rest of Sami's kids get the doll treatment, but Wabi get a real infant? isn't casting newborns the complete opposite of saving money?
I'm pretty sure that almost all of the babies since Tomlin started EP'ing in 2008 were played by real children from the start. The dolls were an Ed Scott thing -- maybe the guy who came right before him.

Yeah, those doll "twins" creeped the HECK outta me. I'm grateful for a real baby.

Kyan

Hope Gabi dies in childbirth and Nick kidnaps the spawn of Hernandez and they are never seen again.

nolagirl
Member Avatar

:x Oh goody Gaby gets her baby, god knows the girl has the right to be front and center of Day's right now. Frankly anything that concerns Sami and her self absorbed ego means FF material, unless they put Lucas in his rightful place in this storyline it will be pathetic. Sorry even not liking Rafe he at least has a reason to be in it. EJ has no reason other than to carry Sami's purse, poor boy's been castrated.

Will&Sonny

LonePirate
Jan 29 2013, 08:18 AM
Is it OK if I cling to the hope that the child lives and the mother dies during childbirth?
That's what I've been hoping all along, and I will continue to harbor that hope.

I also hope that Nick will do something to get sent back to prison. Something has to happen so that Will and Sonny will ultimately get sole custody of the child (which, let's be honest, has to be where this is headed, right? It might take a while for the storyline to get to that point, but I just can't see the writers passing up that opportunity).

Harmony233

Will&Sonny
Jan 29 2013, 07:38 PM
LonePirate
Is it OK if I cling to the hope that the child lives and the mother dies during childbirth?
That's what I've been hoping all along, and I will continue to harbor that hope.

I also hope that Nick will do something to get sent back to prison. Something has to happen so that Will and Sonny will ultimately get sole custody of the child (which, let's be honest, has to be where this is headed, right? It might take a while for the storyline to get to that point, but I just can't see the writers passing up that opportunity).
i don't know every custody battle usually ends up with joint custody unless you count sami and lucas's 5 year battle lol

Will&Sonny

Harmony233
Jan 29 2013, 07:47 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 29 2013, 07:38 PM
LonePirate

i don't know every custody battle usually ends up with joint custody unless you count sami and lucas's 5 year battle lol
And most other paternity storylines involve the father being deceived about the baby's paternity. This storyline has already proven that it's not like other storylines.

In any case, this custody battle, unlike other custody battles, involves a gay couple, and again, I just don't see the writers passing up the opportunity to tell the story of a gay couple raising a child together. It's never been done on this show before, it's only been done once before on a daytime soap opera (and was barely told there, since the characters were written off as soon as they gained custody of the child), the couple in question is extremely popular, and the storyline itself would be extremely relevant.

I'm obviously biased, but just looking at it logically, Will and Sonny obtaining sole custody of the child in the end really is the most likely outcome, IMO.

Will&Sonny

Of course, all of that having been said, Gabi dying and Nick being sent back to prison isn't the only way that Will and Sonny could obtain custody of the child. In fact, that implication is actually insulting -- like Will and Sonny are the least-acceptable option because they're gay, so the straight couple has to be removed from the equation so that Will and Sonny are the only option.

That's certainly not what I meant. It would actually be far more satisfying if Gabi and Nick remained in Salem, alive and out of prison, respectively, and were simply deemed unfit to raise a child (as they are, IMO, based on what we've seen -- at the very least, Nick is absolutely unfit to raise a child). Sole custody would be granted to Will and Sonny -- fair and square, as the best option for the child -- and Gabi and Nick would be forced to settle for, at best, supervised visitation rights (I would certainly never leave Nick alone with my child, if I were Will). That's the future that they wanted to impose on Will, and supervised visitation is better than what they wanted to give him, so they'd be lucky to receive that much. Frankly, I don't think that Nick deserves to be allowed to have anything to do with the baby, but I'm trying to be generous here.

I just don't like Gabi and Nick, so that's why death and prison would be preferable for me. The writers could still make it clear that Will and Sonny were the child's best option, and that it had simply been rendered a moot point when Gabi had died and Nick had been carted off to prison.

Anyway, that's enough speculation for one day! :lol:
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 29 2013, 08:22 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 29 2013, 08:17 PM
Of course, all of that having been said, Gabi dying and Nick being sent back to prison isn't the only way that Will and Sonny could obtain custody of the child. In fact, that implication is actually insulting -- like Will and Sonny are the least-acceptable option because they're gay, so the straight couple has to be removed from the equation so that Will and Sonny are the only option.

That's certainly not what I meant. It would actually be far more satisfying if Gabi and Nick remained in Salem, alive and out of prison, respectively, and were simply deemed unfit to raise a child (as they are, IMO, based on what we've seen -- at the very least, Nick is absolutely unfit to raise a child). Sole custody would be granted to Will and Sonny -- fair and square, as the best option for the child -- and Gabi and Nick would be forced to settle for, at best, supervised visitation rights (I would certainly never leave Nick alone with my child, if I were Will). That's the future that they wanted to impose on Will, and supervised visitation is better than what they wanted to give him, so they'd be lucky to receive that much. Frankly, I don't think that Nick deserves to be allowed to have anything to do with the baby, but I'm trying to be generous here.

I just don't like Gabi and Nick, so that's why death and prison would be preferable for me. The writers could still make it clear that Will and Sonny were the child's best option, and that it had simply been rendered a moot point when Gabi had died and Nick had been carted off to prison.

Gabi is the weak link in the story. CB is just not able to make Gabi interesting enough to relate to or root for, and this story has given her interesting material. She's just not strong enough an actress or charismatic enough to make the most of it.

I would welcome a Gabi recast, if it was a strong young actress.

Also, there's another strange element in that Gabi and Will get along fine. There shouldn't be a custody battle, and without Nick there likely wouldn't be. Gabi's only onscreen relative likes and knows Will. Will likes and respects Gabi. Nick is gradually revealing his dark side.

An alternative to Will & Sonny getting the child would be Will and Gabi sharing custody, but that causing friction between Wilson (though that seems like a stretch, too). I can only imagine Will trying to take his daughter from her mother if he thought Nick was super abusive to Gabi and Gabi stayed beyond reason. But that would require the above mentioned strong actress.

six
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 29 2013, 08:28 AM
nickyj12345
Jan 29 2013, 01:31 AM
BeeBee
Jan 29 2013, 12:46 AM
nickyj12345
Jan 29 2013, 12:26 AM
Exciting! Guesses on what they are going to name Baby Girl Hernandez-Horton?

I think it might be a traditionally Latino first name and maybe Marlena or Katherine as a middle name. I suspect she'll be given Fallon as a surname.
Since everyone knows Will is the father, the baby will likely have Horton as a surname regardless of whether Nick and Gabi marry and any custody issues.
You would think that Baby Girl Horton would be given that as a surname, but there is nothing legally obligating a mother to give her child the father's last name.

From Days history, Belle was (apparently) a Brady for about 6 years. Her last name and birth certificate were amended just before John and Marlena got married in 1999. I also don't remember at what point Will's last name was changed from Reed to Roberts (and whether it was ever "officially" done onscreen.)
speaking of Will's last name, when did he officially have it changed to Horton?
2007. During one of the times Lucas disowned Kate. I can't wait to see Will with his little girl. Who knew this story would be so compelling?

spartan
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 29 2013, 02:07 PM
granolagirl
Jan 29 2013, 01:58 PM
Supergirlx2
ugh, for many reasons.

Yeah, those doll "twins" creeped the HECK outta me. I'm grateful for a real baby.
Agreed. Those robot dolls were so creepy.

They did have a little newborn for Johnny that they used after the creepy robot dolls during the birthing scenes. He had a TON of hair and was just an itsy thing.

With all the story they are centering around this baby I would guess they want a real baby to play the part.

I also like the name Arianna. Or I'm good with Gabriella if Will wants to name her after her mother who died during childbirth. ;)
Edited by spartan, Jan 29 2013, 08:40 PM.

cord08

Joint custody seems like the obvious outcome, IMO.

If Gabi is cut out, which I find highly unlikely, Will would probably be granted sole custody. Sonny would only obtain custody if he were to adopt the baby because he has no blood relation to the child and he and Will are not married, or legally bound in any way.

Will&Sonny

I'm still on record as being completely against the name Arianna -- if the baby is named after anyone (I'd prefer an original name, personally, but if we can't have that...), I want the name to be significant to Will, not Gabi, so Marlena would be my pick.

However, some people have talked about combined names before, and I just remembered that I went to school with a girl who was named Arlena (pronounced "Ar-LEE-na"). I'm not crazy about the name (and I wasn't particularly crazy about the girl, either, now that I think about it -- she wasn't a very nice person), but I figured that I would throw it out there.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 29 2013, 09:02 PM.

Will&Sonny

cord08
Jan 29 2013, 08:43 PM
Joint custody seems like the obvious outcome, IMO.

If Gabi is cut out, which I find highly unlikely, Will would probably be granted sole custody. Sonny would only obtain custody if he were to adopt the baby because he has no blood relation to the child and he and Will are not married, or legally bound in any way.

Yeah, I should have clarified that further. Of course I realize that, legally speaking, Sonny would probably not be considered a custodial figure at first, but he and Will would be living together and raising the child together regardless, in my speculative scenario, so, since I was referring to them as a couple -- a single entity -- in my previous posts, it basically amounted to Sonny having custody of the child by proxy.

I would expect Sonny to adopt the child at some point, and I would also expect the writers to do a gay marriage at some point (maybe not in that order -- for all that we know, Will and Sonny might get married as one of the beats of this custody battle), but again, it's all just speculation right now.

Pookie
Member Avatar

I don't want Gabi to die. I want her to go to prison for all her crimes. And I want Nick sent to the looney bin. Then years later, they can re-cast Gabi after she gets out of prison. Then they can start a story of her trying to gain custody back - like 5 years from now.

Then Will and Sonny can raise the kid and DAYS will do a soapy version of "The New Normal".

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 29 2013, 08:17 PM

I don't think Nick and Gabi are unfit, considering everything Sami/Lucas/EJ did and they are still involved with their minor children. (Although for a while I was rooting for Abe and Lexie to gain custody of Sydney and Johnny. You have no idea how hard I was hoping.).

Will did shoot EJ which might be worse than stalking (Nick) or kidnapping (Gabi). But that's real life consideration. But conside ring all the things Sami and Lucas put Will though, I would like to avoid a custody battle. Let's have them sit down and talk like adults. Go to court appointed mediator and figured out the custody like adults and avoid the drama.

I also want to know why Nick's homophobic. Is it because he was raised Catholic (more so than Will or Gabi)? Did he get raped in prison?

Oh who am I kidding? Get ready for a long drawn out custody battle.
Edited by ideal_rain, Jan 30 2013, 01:10 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply