Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Important role being cast this week, to debut in May!
Topic Started: Jan 28 2013, 11:22 PM (4,519 Views)
Will&Sonny

ideal_rain
Jan 30 2013, 01:03 AM
Will&Sonny
Jan 29 2013, 08:17 PM
Of course, all of that having been said, Gabi dying and Nick being sent back to prison isn't the only way that Will and Sonny could obtain custody of the child. In fact, that implication is actually insulting -- like Will and Sonny are the least-acceptable option because they're gay, so the straight couple has to be removed from the equation so that Will and Sonny are the only option.

That's certainly not what I meant. It would actually be far more satisfying if Gabi and Nick remained in Salem, alive and out of prison, respectively, and were simply deemed unfit to raise a child (as they are, IMO, based on what we've seen -- at the very least, Nick is absolutely unfit to raise a child). Sole custody would be granted to Will and Sonny -- fair and square, as the best option for the child -- and Gabi and Nick would be forced to settle for, at best, supervised visitation rights (I would certainly never leave Nick alone with my child, if I were Will). That's the future that they wanted to impose on Will, and supervised visitation is better than what they wanted to give him, so they'd be lucky to receive that much. Frankly, I don't think that Nick deserves to be allowed to have anything to do with the baby, but I'm trying to be generous here.

I just don't like Gabi and Nick, so that's why death and prison would be preferable for me. The writers could still make it clear that Will and Sonny were the child's best option, and that it had simply been rendered a moot point when Gabi had died and Nick had been carted off to prison.

Anyway, that's enough speculation for one day! :lol:

I don't think Nick and Gabi are unfit, considering everything Sami/Lucas/EJ did and they are still involved with their minor children. (Although for a while I was rooting for Abe and Lexie to gain custody of Sydney and Johnny. You have no idea how hard I was hoping.).

Will did shoot EJ which might be worse than stalking (Nick) or kidnapping (Gabi). But that's real life consideration.
As I've pointed out before, Will was still a minor when he shot E.J. Nick and Gabi each committed their crimes as adults. If we're talking about "real-life considerations", that would absolutely be taken into account.

Also, Nick murdered someone. The fact that he "paid" for his crime with prison time does not erase the fact that he's still a convicted murderer. That makes him far worse than Will, Gabi, Sami, or Lucas (who killed Franco to save Kate's life). As for E.J. -- well, you'll get no argument from me on that one, since I hate E.J., but he was never convicted for any of his crimes (and in any case, doesn't Sami still technically have sole custody of Johnny and Sydney?). Nick's crimes are on record.

But the biggest difference of all is that it's clear to the audience, even if he hasn't done anything illegal yet, that prison has not rehabilitated Nick. If anything, he left prison as a more unstable person than he was when he entered, and he can't even use the pills as an excuse this time (as far as we know, anyway). Letting him have any sort of influence on a child's life would be a recipe for disaster.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

I'm not sure I want to see Will get full custody. I mean I do, only because I love Will and I'm sure he'd be a great father, but from a story stand-point...I'm thinking that once that happens, I'm afraid Will and Sonny get back-burned. I mean, what happens after that? Will he be saddled with this kid all the time, or is she going to be off at one of the grandparents? The only one that never has much of a story and is resident baby-sitter, would be Great Grandma Caroline...and she has Alzheimer's. I don't think she'd be a wise choice. So what happens then? I would hope that Gabi and Will work things out in the end, and she is the one to be back-burned....she'll just be off taking care of the baby when Will doesn't have her. I still want Will and Sonny to have a story after this...Gabi not so much. This is assuming that Nick and Gabi are no longer together for some reason...because I don't want Nick to have custody of that baby, unless he changes his ways.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 29 2013, 08:46 PM
I'm still on record as being completely against the name Arianna -- if the baby is named after anyone (I'd prefer an original name, personally, but if we can't have that...), I want the name to be significant to Will, not Gabi, so Marlena would be my pick.

However, some people have talked about combined names before, and I just remembered that I went to school with a girl who was named Arlena (pronounced "Ar-LEE-na"). I'm not crazy about the name (and I wasn't particularly crazy about the girl, either, now that I think about it -- she wasn't a very nice person), but I figured that I would throw it out there.
Plus, can't you just imagine the scene where Will tells Marlena the baby's name?

"And, what's her name?"
"It's ........" (whatever combination they choose)
"What?"
"I named her after you."

Cue. The. Tears.

La_Laa

TPTB, please get rid of Gabore. I'm sick of her.

Putting a weak actress like Camila Banus in a front and center story while giving Kate Mansi nothing to do is ridiculous.

daysfan42

My mom said save all arguments and they can name the baby after her LOL. Lily Jean Horton would be a cute name.

ideal_rain
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 30 2013, 01:41 AM
ideal_rain
Jan 30 2013, 01:03 AM
Will&Sonny
Jan 29 2013, 08:17 PM
Of course, all of that having been said, Gabi dying and Nick being sent back to prison isn't the only way that Will and Sonny could obtain custody of the child. In fact, that implication is actually insulting -- like Will and Sonny are the least-acceptable option because they're gay, so the straight couple has to be removed from the equation so that Will and Sonny are the only option.

That's certainly not what I meant. It would actually be far more satisfying if Gabi and Nick remained in Salem, alive and out of prison, respectively, and were simply deemed unfit to raise a child (as they are, IMO, based on what we've seen -- at the very least, Nick is absolutely unfit to raise a child). Sole custody would be granted to Will and Sonny -- fair and square, as the best option for the child -- and Gabi and Nick would be forced to settle for, at best, supervised visitation rights (I would certainly never leave Nick alone with my child, if I were Will). That's the future that they wanted to impose on Will, and supervised visitation is better than what they wanted to give him, so they'd be lucky to receive that much. Frankly, I don't think that Nick deserves to be allowed to have anything to do with the baby, but I'm trying to be generous here.

I just don't like Gabi and Nick, so that's why death and prison would be preferable for me. The writers could still make it clear that Will and Sonny were the child's best option, and that it had simply been rendered a moot point when Gabi had died and Nick had been carted off to prison.

Anyway, that's enough speculation for one day! :lol:

I don't think Nick and Gabi are unfit, considering everything Sami/Lucas/EJ did and they are still involved with their minor children. (Although for a while I was rooting for Abe and Lexie to gain custody of Sydney and Johnny. You have no idea how hard I was hoping.).

Will did shoot EJ which might be worse than stalking (Nick) or kidnapping (Gabi). But that's real life consideration.
As I've pointed out before, Will was still a minor when he shot E.J. Nick and Gabi each committed their crimes as adults. If we're talking about "real-life considerations", that would absolutely be taken into account.

Also, Nick murdered someone. The fact that he "paid" for his crime with prison time does not erase the fact that he's still a convicted murderer. That makes him far worse than Will, Gabi, Sami, or Lucas (who killed Franco to save Kate's life). As for E.J. -- well, you'll get no argument from me on that one, since I hate E.J., but he was never convicted for any of his crimes (and in any case, doesn't Sami still technically have sole custody of Johnny and Sydney?). Nick's crimes are on record.

But the biggest difference of all is that it's clear to the audience, even if he hasn't done anything illegal yet, that prison has not rehabilitated Nick. If anything, he left prison as a more unstable person than he was when he entered, and he can't even use the pills as an excuse this time (as far as we know, anyway). Letting him have any sort of influence on a child's life would be a recipe for disaster.
Ah, I forgot all that. Thanks for reminding me. :smile:

The absolutely one thing I don't want to see is a long custody battle involving half the cast. It's Will and Gabi's baby. I don't need to see Lucas, Rafe, Sami and Kate,. talking about how they know what's the best for a baby that isn't theirs. I know it's an umbrella story but I don't want to see the same characters having the same conversations over and over.

Also I kinda like Nick being slightly controlling. He's an interesting character and I can never figured out his motives.
Edited by ideal_rain, Jan 30 2013, 08:03 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply