Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Game of Thrones (Season 3); Returns March 31st, 2013
Topic Started: Jan 29 2013, 02:34 AM (2,150 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

EJ_SamiFF
Jun 3 2013, 07:24 AM
The last 2 episodes have been phenomenal. This show is intense, the good guys die, no one is safe. Jeoffrey just has to be next! No way should that little shit be safe
I think Joffrey's safe at least until he kills his grandfather. No spoilers, just speculation.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kevc1980
Member Avatar

I love shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, where the good guys do get killed and no one is safe. It makes watching the show so much more suspenseful. But I agree, Joffrey better be killed soon. I'm guessing his wedding will be next season. It doesn't seem like there will be time for it next week in the finale.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I dunno, I think I'm having a moment where I feel like writers in general are over-relying on the death of a major character as a shortcut for creating an emotional reaction in the viewers. It's not just this show (or even primarily this show), but between it, Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries- I'm ready for something else other than loss.

And, I think a little bit of balance is missing in the sense that...there was a lot of nothing happening, frankly, and when I reflect on the season the two standout moments are Jamie losing a hand and a massacre. I mean, I'd like something more than that to stick out, y'know?

Eh, I think I need to find more shows where the writers can create suspense without the outcome having to be death. It's not that it's inherently bad, it's just becoming the totality of my scripted drama experiences.

King
Member Avatar

Like the rest of the world, this episode left me in a tizzy. I am so glad I didn't know any spoilers.

Ian H
Member Avatar

"When you play the game of thrones you win, or you die. There is no middle ground."-Cersei Lannister!! this show was always meant to be bloody!!! and its only beginning!

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Being spoiler free is great and no book reading too.

Dakota
Member Avatar

I am scare now, Jon Stark/Snow is my favorite, but anything can happen now. I will be gutted if he dies.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Best tweet I've seen all week :laugh:

Quote:

Why doesn't George R.R. Martin use twitter?
Because he killed all 140 characters.

King
Member Avatar

I wanna read the books, but I always wanna be a book behind. I want the show to be my first encounter. I am just more of a visual person than a comprehensive reader. LOL.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

I can't freaking wait till tonight! I CAN'T.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

Me neither! EEEEE! This season has been so good!

aimees76
Member Avatar

I have mixed feelings ... so excited for the episode, but devastated at the thought of waiting SO LONG for Season 4!! LOL. Plus, I will have to stay off social media this evening, since I'm on the west coast, and I know half my timeline will be filled with spoilers.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

Season finale was underwhelming/boring. So mad I have to wait a year for season 4.

spartan
Member Avatar

Why do we have to wait ANOTHER year for Season 4? That's too much. Like seriously, I don't understand why so much time.

Well, I also found the finale underwhelming but I do see how they are setting things up nicely to move along.

The Lannister's remain my favorite. Loved the layer they painted tonight when Cersei was talking about her children. Now I get her relationship with Joffrey, from her perspective. Interested to see how Jamie does now that he's back at King's Landing. Also wondering what will happen with Tyrion and Sensa. Have a feeling it's gonna end badly for Shay.

Arya and Daenerys are serious forces to be reckoned with. Love them both.

A whole freaking year???? :frustration:

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I'm cool with a year break because this show exhausts me. In a satisfying way, ultimately, just not one I can do for long periods of time without breaks.

I think they're just practical though- the author's not finished with the series, right? I think they're just pacing it to give him time to finish.

The finale- OK. I'm over Theon and ready for the Red Woman and company to get out of the cave/castle/wherever.

Arya...love her. Dany and the dragons- interesting that according to the little girl's storybook the last of Dany's family to conquer Westeros had three dragons when he did so. Those two are really my main hooks in the story at this point, I'm tempted to read the books just to see if they're still alive (so I'm prepared).

King
Member Avatar

I loved the finale. This was definitely my favorite season.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

Ermagerd! That Episode 9 threw me for a loop. I'm all caught up now. I marathoned the season, but had to stop after Episode 9 because I was walking around dazed. Wow!

I'm glad I haven't read the books (I tried, lost interest) because I doubt think it would have carried that much impact otherwise!

Dakota
Member Avatar

I was planning on reading the books too, glad I didn't. I am finally come down from season 3. I was viscerally gutter by the last few episodes. Now time for some of my other shows that is back true blood and magic city.

Manny
Member Avatar

I knew that Robb and Caitlin get killed, so I was prepared for it, but I was still shocked at the way it was done (I didn't know how they die...)
But season finale was pretty underwhelming. But still had good scenes. I was shocked when Ygritte put those arrows into Jon! I didn't think she would do it. And loved Tyrion/Joff/Tywin stuff. Arya killing her first man was good too. Her and Hound are becoming quite a pair.

Looking forward to seeing next season. Should be good.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I'm am so going through withdrawal from GoT. At least I am comforted that the new season is in production.

I'm also excited to hear that Kit Harrington has been cast in a big budget Hollywood film that takes plays during the destruction of Pompeii.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply