Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, January 29th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 29 2013, 08:05 AM (4,045 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

pretty good eppi; had to laugh at Nicole getting stuck in the bathroom while Brady and Kristen are going at it, lol.

Chloe was great.

Nicole, Kristen, Chloe, Victor, Brady....just them being in the eppi alone makes it a good one. No Rafe, Sami, or EJ turned it into a GREAT one.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

supercool74
Jan 29 2013, 04:52 PM
Where the hell is all the baby drama? I'm missing Will/Sonny (of course)...but that story is the one I'm interested in. This Dannifer crap, blah. I don't mind the Kristen/Nicole stuff...but I miss the boys.
Will and Sonny should be on Wednesday and Thursday. Brian (remember him?) is supposed to get Sonny to go on a date with him and Will is supposed to see them kiss and he will get upset about it. Brian then lies to Will and say that he and Sonny slept together and this will devastate Will. Not sure if this date is tomorrow or Thursday or if they will drag it out into next week but that is the story according to Soap Opera Digest.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Hee! Nicole and Daniel are fun. I still despise grumpy ol' Victor though. He needs to vary the routine.

Watching Chloe, I feel like somebody went back and watched the old Days and saw how Eve messed with Jennifer's head. Chloe isn't quite as snarky (and it would be awesome if she was) but Jennifer always needed somebody to knock her off the pedestal once in a while. Wide-eyed innocent/manipulative Chloe is so much fun. And I love that she keeps finding a way to tell Daniel things before Jen can. She's damn good.

Winston is looking pretty rough these days. Love the references to history in their conversation.

Kristen/Nicole may be my new favorite couple. Nicole is so much fun when she's pretending to be intimidated and contrite.

Okay, I'm calling foul on Brady's "what the Horton's said when Maggie fell for Victor" crap. The problem was that NOBODY in the whole damn Horton family ever said a thing. They all seemed to think it was fab! Bad writers. No biscuit for you.

Kate and Billie were okay, but I get so distracted by Billie's lips and Kate's hair. Billie's comment about Bo was interesting, but it actually worked in the context of learning to let go.

God, Daniel and Jennifer are beyond boring and blah. Daniel had way more spark with Nicole and even Brady (and definitely Chloe) than he does with Jennifer.

The Anne/Chloe stuff was cute, but it bugs me because Daniel has not control over Jennifer's job. Kayla hired her and if anybody is protecting Jen, it would be Kayla. So that whole line of dialogue was weird.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 29 2013, 09:14 PM
The Anne/Chloe stuff was cute, but it bugs me because Daniel has not control over Jennifer's job. Kayla hired her and if anybody is protecting Jen, it would be Kayla. So that whole line of dialogue was weird.
Chloe should get Craig to come back to fight for the Chief of Staff position, giving Kayla a rivalry with him. Of course, someway, somehow, they end up banging ...

Will&Sonny

I love the fact that the term "MacGuffin" was used in this thread.

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't really know what to say about the show anymore. I do think it's more cohesive. I do think there are some really good elements. I am bored out of my mind.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

Call me lame, but I don't like the scheming, manipulative, cunning Chloe... I like the vulnerable, genuine, girl-next-door Chloe better.... And didn't she leave Salem this last time because she didn't like how she was starting to act?

PS- Baby Parker is 10 years old. Seriously. That kid does NOT look 2, or 3, or however old he's supposed to be.

PSS- I hate that they have changed his paternity... But oh well, they'll change it back again, one day, I'm sure.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Actor87
Jan 29 2013, 11:32 PM
Call me lame, but I don't like the scheming, manipulative, cunning Chloe... I like the vulnerable, genuine, girl-next-door Chloe better.... And didn't she leave Salem this last time because she didn't like how she was starting to act?
She left Salem because she was acting like a whore. Literally! She didn't like the person she became, which was a hooker. The Chloe we've seen since she came back is absolutely delicious. She reminds me a lot of a grown up Chloe from the Salem High days. Back then, Chloe had an edge, but she wasn't evil by any means. And she still isn't. At least I don't think so. I'd much rather see Chloe as this diva than weepy Chloe from 2004-05 or slutty/bimbo Chloe from 2008-2011.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jan 29 2013, 11:40 PM.

Actor87
Member Avatar
The Royal Dork

DrewHamilton
Jan 29 2013, 11:40 PM
I'd much rather see Chloe as this diva than weepy Chloe from 2004-05 or slutty/bimbo Chloe from 2008-2011.
Yeah, I didn't like either of those Chloes, either. But I also don't like this one... I mean, maybe I would if she didn't take such happiness in causing problems for others. The old Chloe was never catty like that.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Actor87
Jan 29 2013, 11:46 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 29 2013, 11:40 PM
I'd much rather see Chloe as this diva than weepy Chloe from 2004-05 or slutty/bimbo Chloe from 2008-2011.
Yeah, I didn't like either of those Chloes, either. But I also don't like this one... I mean, maybe I would if she didn't take such happiness in causing problems for others. The old Chloe was never catty like that.

You mean the same dumb bitch who falsely cried rape on Philip and then when "oh, I meant it LIKE rape. you know, an emotional rape. I never thought ANYONE would think I meant RAPE rape"? Yeah. I'll take this one over that one any day.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 29 2013, 11:16 PM
I don't really know what to say about the show anymore. I do think it's more cohesive. I do think there are some really good elements. I am bored out of my mind.
I've liked the last couple of weeks, but I thought today was a little boring. But hey, one day vs months, I can live with.

elci525
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 29 2013, 11:12 PM
I love the fact that the term "MacGuffin" was used in this thread.
LOL totally. Lately Days is on par with the best of Hitchcock don't ya know ;)

cord08

Quote:

PS- Baby Parker is 10 years old. Seriously. That kid does NOT look 2, or 3, or however old he's supposed to be.

Haha, does anyone know the actors' actual ages? I would guess 4, 5 tops.

elci525
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 30 2013, 12:05 AM
Quote:

It was so creepy when he was meant to be in the crib. I was just like, oh no - that is so wrong.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 29 2013, 11:57 PM
lysie
Jan 29 2013, 11:16 PM
I've liked the last couple of weeks, but I thought today was a little boring. But hey, one day vs months, I can live with.
I've liked moments here and there, but overall I'm bored with the show period. I really don't care how any of the current stories play out.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Parker looked like he was dressed & ready for his first day at law school.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

elci525
Jan 30 2013, 12:08 AM
cord08
Jan 30 2013, 12:05 AM
Quote:

It was so creepy when he was meant to be in the crib. I was just like, oh no - that is so wrong.
Pack-n-Play Parker is a giant.

lysie
Member Avatar

Those boys are three and a half. They're probably taller than Johnny. And I still maintain Sydney had more personality.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Today was pretty good. Chloe was awesome. If they want me to root for Jennifer, they probably should NOT have her looking so washed out and drab while standing next to someone who just stepped out of Maxim magazine in nothing but a shirt. Chloe won this round.

I loved Nicole scheming. It was so funny how Daniel instantly knew she was lying. Between Nik talking to herself and her facial expressions when she was in the bathroom as Ericole were making out, she was my rock star today.

Billie and Kate were good but I admit I didn't pay much attention until their last scene. I blame Billie for that; I always enjoy a scene with Kate involved.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 30 2013, 12:17 AM
Those boys are three and a half. They're probably taller than Johnny. And I still maintain Sydney had more personality.
Although the child maybe a little tall for two ,I probably don't have a problem with Parker because my nephew was tall when he was that age but I still think he is cute and okay in the role.I thought Sydney was a block of wood and big for her age.Isn't she supposed to be three?How old are Sydney and Johnny/Allie?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply