Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of February 11th; *updated 2/5*
Topic Started: Jan 30 2013, 06:06 AM (46,628 Views)
chinkybig

Why is this show all about Sami, Sami, Sami. There are a lot more interesting characters to write about....PROPERLY.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

tomsawyer
Feb 1 2013, 12:37 AM
lysie
Feb 1 2013, 12:23 AM
I'm so confused about those spoilers that EJ and Sami were keeping it a secret. Is it going to be like all these stupid little schemes that keep coming out on the same day? I'm not opposed, just confused . And ugh to all the Daniel stuff this week.
Yeah, I think the jig is up the same day they planned to keep it a secret. Rafe and Brady know right away and apparently Sami tells Marlena right away too. Kinda bummed as I was looking forward to the secret.
I was too but I think I'll be just as happy if she defends her relationship with EJ with that classic SGB spitfire.

concerned
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
lysie
I'm so confused about those spoilers that EJ and Sami were keeping it a secret. Is it going to be like all these stupid little schemes that keep coming out on the same day? I'm not opposed, just confused . And ugh to all the Daniel stuff this week.
Yeah, I think the jig is up the same day they planned to keep it a secret. Rafe and Brady know right away and apparently Sami tells Marlena right away too. Kinda bummed as I was looking forward to the secret.
I do hope EJ calls Stefano and Susan with the good news.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Yay, more cell phone Stefano!

concerned
Member Avatar

am103
Jan 31 2013, 11:14 PM
Not sure how I would feel about Rafe and Kate hooking up. On one hand, it could be really awesome. On the other, it could be totally disgusting. I don't want it to be because of lazy writing where the writers thought, "Well, Kate doesn't have a story and the EJ/Sami/Rafe triangle is getting old... Let's throw Rafe and Kate together!" I was not a fan AT ALL of EJ/Kate, so I guess we'll see what happens...
I'm a huge fan of EJ and Kate - so the whole older woman thing doesn't worry me at all.

Can't stand the Kate Rafe proposal (and not only because of my ill concealed dislike of most things Rafe).

Kate and EJ had purpose, had reasons to be together, had common goals, common methods of setting about said aims and both know how to revel in the sordidness.

I can't think of one conceivable reason why Rafe and Kate would be interested in each other (apart from a partiality to handcuffs but I don't think the use them in the same way).
And the two of them being together is just detrimental to the value of both of the characters.
Edited by concerned, Feb 1 2013, 01:14 AM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

chinkybig
Feb 1 2013, 01:00 AM
Why is this show all about Sami, Sami, Sami. There are a lot more interesting characters to write about....PROPERLY.
umm... the show isn't all about Sami.

She is barely involved in the Ericole/Jarlena s/l.

Dannifer/Chloe s/l, not present.

She's involved in Wabi s/l of course but just as the cray Grandma. The 20s set seem to take over that s/l and those that revolve around it. Which reminds me:

Cam/Abby/Chad- not involved

Wil/Sonny/Brian- barely involved

And she has her s/l with EJ and Rafe

While it may feel like it's the Sami show here, I don't get that vibe onscreen. At best, she is in 2 s/ls. We talk about her plenty here, however.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 1 2013, 01:18 AM
chinkybig
umm... the show isn't all about Sami.

She is barely involved in the Ericole/Jarlena s/l.

Dannifer/Chloe s/l, not present.

She's involved in Wabi s/l of course but just as the cray Grandma. The 20s set seem to take over that s/l and those that revolve around it. Which reminds me:

Cam/Abby/Chad- not involved

Wil/Sonny/Brian- barely involved

And she has her s/l with EJ and Rafe

While it may feel like it's the Sami show here, I don't get that vibe onscreen. At best, she is in 2 s/ls. We talk about her plenty here, however.
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

smbashi

Angie79
Feb 1 2013, 12:16 AM
Monday("Falling in Love")
Daniel and Chloe grow closer due to Parker's medical emergency; Sami tells Marlena about her newfound feelings for EJ.

Tuesday ("Jennifer's Lie")
Jennifer and Daniel get into an emotional argument; Stefano delivers some unsettling words to Kate.

Wednesday ("The Battle for Daniel")
Chloe and Jennifer fight about Daniel; Brady tells Kristen why he cannot marry her.
Maybe Daniel miraculously catches something from the hospital and dies instantaneously! One can only dream...

spartan
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
lysie
Yeah, me too. EJami being in a secret affair would be hawt and they would be so good at it together. I wanted atleast a week of sneaking around, stolen glances, and having to explain awkward situations away.

lysie
Member Avatar

I do think that Sami telling Marlena is a step in the right direction for her character (well...depending on how she does it). I hope Marlena gets to appropriately freak out without I turning into a judgment discussion. Do you realize that right now John and Marlena have three children between them onscreen; one is dating the woman that tried to kill Marlena; one is dating the man that tried to kill John, and the other is in the orbit of a woman who also tried to kill Marlena.

Harmony233

chinkybig
IA the show has become all about sami i hate that the baby story has become all about sami and her men gag me

spartan
Member Avatar

It's interesting to me what they plan to accomplish by bringing Nadia back and flirting with Danloe again. From what I recall, Danloe had a lot of fans. I know Dannifer have their fans as well, but I just fail to how this will help Dannifer gain fans no matter how far and often they throw Chloe under the bus while propping the fair maiden, Jennifer.

I personally liked Danloe and would watch them any day over any of Daniel's other pairings (I liked Daniel and Nicole in the beginning). They are just so much better, IMO.

JoeBucs32

Stefano and Kate? Love them! Hopefully, the "news" will be delivered in person and Stefano is back in Salem.

Lil
Member Avatar

Angie79
Daniel and Chloe grow closer due to Parker's medical emergency; Sami tells Marlena about her newfound feelings for EJ.

Jennifer and Daniel get into an emotional argument; Stefano delivers some unsettling words to Kate.

Chloe and Jennifer fight about Daniel; Brady tells Kristen why he cannot marry her.
Don't care about Chloe/Taniel/Jen-Jen. Don't care about Sami, really, but hoping that we get some good "SAMANTHA GENE!!" Marlena Death-Stares out of it. And "newfound" feelings. Please. If only.

Anyhoo...

STEFANO!! STEFANO, STEFANO, STEFANO!!!! :cheer:

JoeBucs32

Maybe Stefano never filed the divorce papers and they are still married?

spartan
Member Avatar

Lil
Feb 1 2013, 09:58 AM
Angie79

Don't care about Chloe/Taniel/Jen-Jen. Don't care about Sami, really, but hoping that we get some good "SAMANTHA GENE!!" Marlena Death-Stares out of it. And "newfound" feelings. Please. If only.

Anyhoo...

STEFANO!! STEFANO, STEFANO, STEFANO!!!! :cheer:
If Marlena says, "Samantha Gene" during their convo about EJ, I will do cartwheels! I would love that.

JoeBucs32

Or maybe Stefano has more sealed envelopes from Alice Horton?!

JoeBucs32

By the way, are John and Hope still married?

Or are we "forgetting" about that along with Alice's bank accounts?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

Daniel and Chloe grow closer due to Parker's medical emergency

...Where would some of these characters be without medical emergencies? Would anything ever happen?

Whatever. I still feel like the spoilers are simultaneously good and not compelling. It's weird.

blueskies
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Feb 1 2013, 10:06 AM
By the way, are John and Hope still married?

Or are we "forgetting" about that along with Alice's bank accounts?
according to one line between Marlena and Hope a few weeks ago, the divorce went thru and they were getting ready to be re-married or something. I don't think they ever did officially get re-married though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply