Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of February 11th; *updated 2/5*
Topic Started: Jan 30 2013, 06:06 AM (46,047 Views)
AFaithL

Wow. Sami is acually in scenes with her mother? Color me shocked!! Now, will the writers try to make her the bad guy to "poor" EJami? Whether she wants them together or not, I am Team Marlena in any argument with Samanther.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 1 2013, 10:42 AM
Wow. Sami is acually in scenes with her mother? Color me shocked!! Now, will the writers try to make her the bad guy to "poor" EJami? Whether she wants them together or not, I am Team Marlena in any argument with Samanther.
I hope the writers don't do that. As an EJami fan, I want the conflict that this EJami union should bring from both sides. I don't want another vendetta. I just want good, soapy conflict. Marlena shouldn't like that Sami is with EJ. Marlena should remind her of all the stuff that's happened between them. Sami should fight for what she wants in typical Sami fashion and stand by her man. This should cause internal angst for EJami.

These writers won't give it the depth or time it needs though, and for that I'm nervous to want this. They won't do it justice and it will probably just muck up the story more with character inconsistencies.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

spartan
Feb 1 2013, 10:54 AM
AFaithL
Feb 1 2013, 10:42 AM
I hope the writers don't do that. As an EJami fan, I want the conflict that this EJami union should bring from both sides. I don't want another vendetta. I just want good, soapy conflict. Marlena shouldn't like that Sami is with EJ. Marlena should remind her of all the stuff that's happened between them. Sami should fight for what she wants in typical Sami fashion and stand by her man. This should cause internal angst for EJami.

These writers won't give it the depth or time it needs though, and for that I'm nervous to want this. They won't do it justice and it will probably just muck up the story more with character inconsistencies.
I agree. I would absolutely HATE it if Marlena was okay with Ejami or if she was portrayed as the bad guy in relation to their epic love. If they go that route, Ejami really will be like every other generic schmoop couple on this show and take all the interesting drama out of their story.

IMO, Marlena should be able to express all the perfectly legit reasons that Ejami shouldn't be a couple. We didn't get the writers addressing it yesterday (which I was fine with since I feel like they missed their window last spring for Ejami to organically address their sordid history on their own). But since Ejami didn't really address it themselves, it makes sense for someone like Marlena to bring it up. And Marlena pointing out what they've done to each other should lead to Sami having an in-depth conversation with EJ about everything. I don't want to see endless conversations re-hashing every sin or couple's counseling (because really, how fucking boring!), but I think one in-depth discussion is at least warranted.

And after Ejami discusses their issues, I'd still like to see Marlena at odds with them because of their actions. Ejami should always being doing things that Marlena doesn't approve of (like maybe doing some underhanded things to make sure Will retains custody of his daughter), because that's the whole point of having Sami with a guy like EJ. With EJ, she not only has somebody that tolerates her schemes, but actally encourages them and can throw money/resources behind them. I will be disappointed if we don't get those kind of stories out of this couple.
Edited by tomsawyer, Feb 1 2013, 11:55 AM.

AHM

chinkybig
Feb 1 2013, 01:00 AM
Why is this show all about Sami, Sami, Sami. There are a lot more interesting characters to write about....PROPERLY.
But they are not Dannifer. It looks like at least three days of heavy Dannifer next week. Ouch.
Edited by AHM, Feb 1 2013, 12:03 PM.

Lil
Member Avatar

Tannifer is torture. TORTURE!!

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

I think what Marlena's going to say is entirely up in the air, and will whatever the writers want, because they obviously do not know the character (or care) at all.

The real Marlena WOULD say "Samantha Gene" sternly, bring up all the shit EJ's done, all the shit Sami's done and mention the fact that love is not about loving the one you're with, it's about the one you can't live without (Marlena came around to Sami and Lucas, and certainly stood by them through the EJ round 1 shit).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

See, I think they're going to try to paint Sami as the "poor little victim" to her "judgmental" mother who doesn't "understand" the tue love they feel for each other. Then they'll have Sami gripe out Marlena, call her names, and expect the audience to cheer for Sami as she defies Marlena.

Won't work.
Edited by AFaithL, Feb 1 2013, 01:48 PM.

Harmony233

AFaithL
Feb 1 2013, 01:46 PM
See, I think they're going to try to paint Sami as the "poor little victim" to her "judgmental" mother who doesn't "understand" the tue love they feel for each other. Then they'll have Sami gripe out Marlena, call her names, and expect the audience to cheer for Sami as she defies Marlena.

Won't work.
I'm not usually not a marlena fan but I don't know many mothers that would approve of EJ after what he did to sami and there family.

concerned
Member Avatar

AFaithL

Won't work.
Abusive partner 101 - isolate your "loved one" from friends and family

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 31 2013, 09:41 PM
six
Jan 31 2013, 09:22 PM
lysie
Jan 31 2013, 08:58 PM
six
Jan 31 2013, 07:17 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepRafe finds someone in a bar--{and from what it sounds like,she's not a stranger], AFTER Sami already slept with EJ
I'd have a problem with it if it were Sami because in 20 years, these kind of hook ups haven't really been her thing. When Rafe starts having a spoiler involving him making out and trying to sex up a different woman every week like Sami has for the last several months, I'll think it's comparable. Except I probably won't think about it at all because there's no way I'm watching that.

And it's not just Sami that gets this kind of bashing. I'd like to introduce you to Jennifer and Daniel.
LOL, I'd like to introduce you to me; one of the people who defends Jennifer and Daniel against these very complaints quite often.
LOL. I know. You and your Daniel non-hate :wub:
IKR??

I just don't understand it.

And her hate for a couple of characters that we won't talk about.

:shrug:

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

AFaithL

Won't work.
And suddenly the rape victim's romance with her rapist becomes the "against all odds" romance of the show.

No. Thanks.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Vicky4Mimi
Jan 31 2013, 09:56 AM
LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 09:38 AM
six
Jan 31 2013, 09:14 AM
LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 08:53 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
If being willing to sleep with Rafe a few days before doing EJ and flirting with EJ while involved with Lucas is evidence that Sami is a whore, despite not having slept with anyone since...when Spring? the same thing should apply to Rafe. Flirting with Carrie while married, jumping from Sami's couch to someone else's bed.
What makes Sami's behavior a bit odd in this instance is that she pretty much was willing to sleep with both men in a span of two weeks, if she wouldn't have been interrupted one time and stopped the other, she would have likely done both men. Kate is a slut, no question...so I expect that behavior from her...but Rafe hasn't had anything and if rebounding to Kate after finding out that Sami fucked Ej is whorish behavior in your eyes, then so be it....but frankly he hasn't even made a slight pass at any female since Carrie (which pretty much was almost a year ago)....and he's pretty much stayed celibate all this time...he could have seduced Nicole when he was playing daddy to her kid, but he didn't....Sami would have banged all three men if she got her chance to in a span of 4 months back a few months ago...so yeah...she's acting very whorish these days...
OMG! All this "Rafe loved Carrie" stuff is not true. We ALL heard Carrie tell Rafe that she knew he still loved Sami, and had loved her all along. Rafe told Sami that there wasn't a day or a minute that he didn't still love her/SAMI. Carrie, who usually thinks all men love her, would not have given Sami so much credit if she didn't know for a FACT that Rafe loves/loved/ and continues to love Sami.

Rafe's little fling he's about to have, is most likely in spite of Sami...just as Sami's stupid fling with EJ is most likely to spite Rafe because he didn't just jump to defend her and her son but dared to protect his baby sister. That's who Rafe is--and Sami knows that--why she would expect any different is beyond me, but beside the point.

The Rafester is not a whore. Sami on the other hand, I can certainly see why people would call her that. She is willing to jump on any man who gives her any attention at this point.

Good job LL.

Naaa... they just trowed that in because of the new writer shift.. before Carries departure there was no sign of Rafe longing for Sami. Upset because of the cheating,.. but he seemed happy with Carrie. Actually he seemed very interested by Carrie.

I am sure that the current writer planned SAFE, .. I mean .. just look how everything has been written right after the shift, .. suddenly Rafe turned up on EJs and Samis hideout. And then things was leaning towards Rafe,.. then we have the typical story of EJ vs SAFE.. EJ "keeping them apart", the secret came out and the that scene when Rafe and Sami rushed to each others arms kissing.. and EJ being there to watch.. and now suddenly this.

I swear.. this new turn must be due to direct orders of the bosses of the writers, I am sure the current writer is writing this against their will.. hence why we had this almost SAFE reunion before EJAMI.

:-/ Its the only way I can explain this wacko writing.

world50

Hologram
Feb 1 2013, 05:05 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Jan 31 2013, 09:56 AM
LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 09:38 AM
six
Jan 31 2013, 09:14 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
What makes Sami's behavior a bit odd in this instance is that she pretty much was willing to sleep with both men in a span of two weeks, if she wouldn't have been interrupted one time and stopped the other, she would have likely done both men. Kate is a slut, no question...so I expect that behavior from her...but Rafe hasn't had anything and if rebounding to Kate after finding out that Sami fucked Ej is whorish behavior in your eyes, then so be it....but frankly he hasn't even made a slight pass at any female since Carrie (which pretty much was almost a year ago)....and he's pretty much stayed celibate all this time...he could have seduced Nicole when he was playing daddy to her kid, but he didn't....Sami would have banged all three men if she got her chance to in a span of 4 months back a few months ago...so yeah...she's acting very whorish these days...
OMG! All this "Rafe loved Carrie" stuff is not true. We ALL heard Carrie tell Rafe that she knew he still loved Sami, and had loved her all along. Rafe told Sami that there wasn't a day or a minute that he didn't still love her/SAMI. Carrie, who usually thinks all men love her, would not have given Sami so much credit if she didn't know for a FACT that Rafe loves/loved/ and continues to love Sami.

Rafe's little fling he's about to have, is most likely in spite of Sami...just as Sami's stupid fling with EJ is most likely to spite Rafe because he didn't just jump to defend her and her son but dared to protect his baby sister. That's who Rafe is--and Sami knows that--why she would expect any different is beyond me, but beside the point.

The Rafester is not a whore. Sami on the other hand, I can certainly see why people would call her that. She is willing to jump on any man who gives her any attention at this point.

Good job LL.

Naaa... they just trowed that in because of the new writer shift.. before Carries departure there was no sign of Rafe longing for Sami. Upset because of the cheating,.. but he seemed happy with Carrie. Actually he seemed very interested by Carrie.

I am sure that the current writer planned SAFE, .. I mean .. just look how everything has been written right after the shift, .. suddenly Rafe turned up on EJs and Samis hideout. And then things was leaning towards Rafe,.. then we have the typical story of EJ vs SAFE.. EJ "keeping them apart", the secret came out and the that scene when Rafe and Sami rushed to each others arms kissing.. and EJ being there to watch.. and now suddenly this.

I swear.. this new turn must be due to direct orders of the bosses of the writers, I am sure the current writer is writing this against their will.. hence why we had this almost SAFE reunion before EJAMI.

:-/ Its the only way I can explain this wacko writing.
I wish TPTB would use this wacko writing and put Dannifer out of their misery.This couple should have been extinct looooonnnnng ago! :hmmph:

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

AFaithL

Won't work.
Sami is nobody's victim. She's fallen prey to her own schemes in the past, but she gives as good as she gets. I doubt the writing team will go that route (at least I hope they don't!).

chinkybig

AFaithL

Won't work.
I would very much like it if Marlena we to speak out against EJ and Sami when Sami talks to her about her relationship with EJ. And knowing the writers, Sami would again be dredging up her mother's affair with John, hurting Roman, not being there during her childhood, letting her being raised by a stranger (John), and not being there for her when she needed hef and picked John instead (moving off to Switzerland).

On the other hand, I would like to be pleasantly surprised and hopefully, the writers will make Sami realize how complicated and negative and violent the path to this relationship have and has been. I am not a fan of them as a couple, but I think for this show, and the audience's sake, if they want this to work once and for all, and not end it in a "huff" (and make us dizzy and disgusted again with Sami sleeping and going around) is really to have an open and honest discussion of their past, make peace with it and move on together. Honestly, I have had enough of EJ and Sami (or Santo and Colleen) that they just need to bear the ax down once an for all, and producers and writers should just lay it down, and make it work.

Just my two cents.

AFaithL

chinkybig
Feb 1 2013, 07:34 PM
AFaithL

Won't work.
I would very much like it if Marlena we to speak out against EJ and Sami when Sami talks to her about her relationship with EJ. And knowing the writers, Sami would again be dredging up her mother's affair with John, hurting Roman, not being there during her childhood, letting her being raised by a stranger (John), and not being there for her when she needed hef and picked John instead (moving off to Switzerland).

On the other hand, I would like to be pleasantly surprised and hopefully, the writers will make Sami realize how complicated and negative and violent the path to this relationship have and has been. I am not a fan of them as a couple, but I think for this show, and the audience's sake, if they want this to work once and for all, and not end it in a "huff" (and make us dizzy and disgusted again with Sami sleeping and going around) is really to have an open and honest discussion of their past, make peace with it and move on together. Honestly, I have had enough of EJ and Sami (or Santo and Colleen) that they just need to bear the ax down once an for all, and producers and writers should just lay it down, and make it work.

Just my two cents.
Oh, I know. But I expect them to try to paint Marlena the bad guy and root for Sami.

Sorry.

Option #1 - I can root for them to get along.

Option #2 - If they are fighting, I will root for Marlena.

But NO way will I root for option #3 - Sami over Marlena

And I'm glad to see so many EJami and Jarlena fans on the same page regarding this.

Cathalina

I think this conversation with Marlena will give the audience an idea of just how long Ejami is going to last. If Marlena props them like everyone is doing with Dannifer, then they may be long term (in Days lingo, until May Sweeps). If not, and they use Marlena to remind the audience of every single thing they have done to each other, not so much. Just my take on it

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

My two cents: Sami has never been anyone's victim unless it got her something she wanted.

Harmony233

Cathalina
Feb 1 2013, 08:25 PM
I think this conversation with Marlena will give the audience an idea of just how long Ejami is going to last. If Marlena props them like everyone is doing with Dannifer, then they may be long term (in Days lingo, until May Sweeps). If not, and they use Marlena to remind the audience of every single thing they have done to each other, not so much. Just my take on it
I'm not sure about that in the old school soap days a parent disapproving actually meant they was meant to be and was just angst for the couple.For example Roman didn't approve of Austin for Carrie or kate from 2003-2007 didn't approve of lucas/sami but these things were just angst for the couples.
Edited by Harmony233, Feb 1 2013, 08:32 PM.

Cathalina

I get what you are saying Harmony. What I meant was if they use Marlena to wipe off the high gloss polish they have been covering Ejami's past with and remind the audience of what they have done to each other, then I think it would be intentionally done on the part of the writers. I mean, their history is particularly toxic, even by soap standards.
Edited by Cathalina, Feb 1 2013, 08:59 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply