Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the Week of February 11th; *updated 2/5*
Topic Started: Jan 30 2013, 06:06 AM (46,518 Views)
michelle
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 31 2013, 10:53 AM
six
Jan 31 2013, 10:30 AM
lysie
Jan 31 2013, 10:14 AM
six
Jan 31 2013, 10:12 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well, she acts like one. She's a relatively unsuccessful one, though.
And what's going on with Rafe now is the same kind of thing that made people rip into Sami. If she were to have gone and found some random guy in a bar and taken him home a few days after she was willing to sleep with Rafe, we'd never hear the end of it. Especially when she's a whore when she has only been dating two guys and didn't even try to sleep with one of them before she chose which one she wanted to be with.
I think the way it's playing out is completely different. If they play it with him suddenly having feelings for this person, maybe. We'll see. I hope not because I have no desire to watch Rafe be a whore either. I don't care if he ever has sex again, lol.
Then that will ruin The Days of Rafe's Wang for me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

six
Jan 31 2013, 11:08 AM
lysie
Jan 31 2013, 10:53 AM
six
lysie

And what's going on with Rafe now is the same kind of thing that made people rip into Sami. If she were to have gone and found some random guy in a bar and taken him home a few days after she was willing to sleep with Rafe, we'd never hear the end of it. Especially when she's a whore when she has only been dating two guys and didn't even try to sleep with one of them before she chose which one she wanted to be with.
I think the way it's playing out is completely different. If they play it with him suddenly having feelings for this person, maybe. We'll see. I hope not because I have no desire to watch Rafe be a whore either. I don't care if he ever has sex again, lol.
I think suddenly having feelings for the person would make the situation better not worse, or it would if this weren't a morally neutral scenario.

As for Rafe only having slept with one woman, that's really only because he and Carrie never got the chance.
They were going to in the safe house before it blew up but then Marlena interrupted, damn her.

Had they, maybe more people wold be calling Rafe out for the whore he is.

six
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Jan 31 2013, 12:22 PM
michelle
Jan 31 2013, 11:56 AM
LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 08:53 AM
michelle
Jan 30 2013, 04:16 PM

Rafe hasn't gotten laid in over a year...if I'm counting right...so I don't get how bedding anyone makes him a whore...but that's beside the point.....
Neither has Sami, but everyone calls her one.

At least Sami CARES for who she beds, unlike that hairy hornball Rafe.

Unless, he truly does care for Kate/Hope/Chloe and I just missed that memo.

ETA: I think she did sleep with Lucas last summer - I had forgotten since they didn't show anything this time. What made me remember was the MOOBIES!
Sami slept with Lucas in April or May or both. And she would have slept with EJ or Rafe, take your pick, on any given day since then. Rafe, EJ and Lucas have only slept with or attempted to sleep with her. She tries to play musical beds but gets interupted each time.
Except Rafe did try to sleep with Carrie. Sami shut EJ down several times, until she decided she was through with Lucas. And I don't believe she made an attempt to sleep with Rafe until she was finished with EJ, and she didn't get close to sleeping with EJ again until Rafe was out of the picture.

camera shy

six
Jan 31 2013, 12:37 PM
Vicky4Mimi
michelle
LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 08:53 AM

Neither has Sami, but everyone calls her one.

At least Sami CARES for who she beds, unlike that hairy hornball Rafe.

Unless, he truly does care for Kate/Hope/Chloe and I just missed that memo.

ETA: I think she did sleep with Lucas last summer - I had forgotten since they didn't show anything this time. What made me remember was the MOOBIES!
Sami slept with Lucas in April or May or both. And she would have slept with EJ or Rafe, take your pick, on any given day since then. Rafe, EJ and Lucas have only slept with or attempted to sleep with her. She tries to play musical beds but gets interupted each time.
Except Rafe did try to sleep with Carrie. Sami shut EJ down several times, until she decided she was through with Lucas. And I don't believe she made an attempt to sleep with Rafe until she was finished with EJ, and she didn't get close to sleeping with EJ again until Rafe was out of the picture.
When Rafe was trying to sleep with Carrie weren't he and Sami on their way to being divorce? And she didn't let Lucas know she was finish with him when she went on the run with EJ and would have slept with him if Rafe hadn't shown up and arrested them. And EJ didin't know she was finished with him (after he poured his heart out to her) when she was ready to fuck Rafe before Gabi's wedding.
Edited by camera shy, Jan 31 2013, 12:52 PM.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

If Rafe truly wanted to sleep with Carrie he would have. The chick was more than willing on multiple occasions. I seem to remember her throwing herself at him quite frequently while keeping Austin tethered on the side. Rafe's shown with Sami he'll make the moment while with Carrie he never pursued it with much enthusiasm.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JoeBucs32

The Sonny gift thing reminds me of "Desperate Housewives." Tom Scavo always had the florist "automatically" send Lynette flowers on their anniverary and forgot to stop the flowers the year that they broke up, so Lynette received the flowers and thought Tom wanted to get back together. Similar to what's about to happen to Will...

concerned
Member Avatar

six
lysie
six
lysie
Jan 31 2013, 10:04 AM

Sami was getting called a whore long before she was in this story about not being able to choose.
Y'all should know by now its different for guys....
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michelle
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 31 2013, 01:47 PM
six
lysie
six

Awwww, Rafe's a big stud, I mean DUD.

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Hamilton
Jan 31 2013, 01:05 PM
If Rafe truly wanted to sleep with Carrie he would have. The chick was more than willing on multiple occasions. I seem to remember her throwing herself at him quite frequently while keeping Austin tethered on the side. Rafe's shown with Sami he'll make the moment while with Carrie he never pursued it with much enthusiasm.
Exactly. After she found out about Austin's "affair" with Abigail, she was throwing herself at him at their office, but he walked away because he didn't think it was right to do it as revenge for what Austin and Sami did to them. Then in the safe house they kissed, but they spoke about it and both decided to wait until Carrie told Austin. Rafe and Carrie had plenty of chances to have sex.

Poker Face
Member Avatar
#BringonJulexis

BORING! def a week to SKIP.

lysie
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 31 2013, 12:29 PM
lysie
six
Jan 31 2013, 09:51 AM
lysie
Jan 31 2013, 09:39 AM

It was not the same day. And to LL, Rafe is going to have been willing to sleep with both women, too. It's not like he put a stop to things with Sami. Hope did.
It's happened more than once. Rafe isn't in the middle ofa story about him wanting two women. It's just not at all comparable. I have my own issues with it, but Rafe hooking up with someone in a bar well after breaking things off with Sami is completely different from Sami going back and forth between two men because she can't choose. That one kiss happened with Carrie while he was with Sami, but he didn't go straight from one to the other. He didn't get the chance to. It might have been different if Sami hasn't immediately caught them, but she did. Ultimately though, we've been getting different ' heat' spoilers for Sami for weeks. One week this man, one week the other. That hasn't happened with Rafe.
Here's the difference though, despite the fact that you don't think Sami cares about anyone but herself, because you personally hate the character and the actress, she DOES.

She IS torn about both men and has been for A VERY LONG TIME. It didn't just start 5 minutes ago, it started years ago in the safe house when she was pregnant with Sydney, loved EJ and was developing feelings for Rafe.

I'm not saying that she loves EJ more than Rafe or that her recent fights with Rafe negates her feelings for him, but that doesn't change the fact that she still cares about EJ too.

Rafe is getting ready to have sex with someone that he does not care about/love/whatever/etc., and that TO ME, makes him more of a whore, than Sami will ever be.

A one night stand is definitely more whorish than being torn between two men you have deep feelings for.
Okay, first of all, if this post were in response to anyone else on this board other than me, it would have disappeared. Second of all, just because you can't form opinions independent of your ship, it doesn't mean that I can't. No, I don't like Sami and I don't think AS is worth the price of postage it would cost for me to mail a complaint letter. That has nothing to do with how I feel about the writing of the character. I think the character is being written like a slut. And yes, I have even acknowledged the fact and the irony that she's getting this writing during a time when she's not actually even sleeping with anyone. She's an unsuccessful slut, but a slut nonetheless. I think it's terrible writing and would be terrible writing for anyone. I don't think it compares to Rafe. And I'd love to stop defending him. We have had months (almost a year) of spoilers of Sami floating back and forth between three men. That has not been the case with Rafe. You're comparing things that happened months apart to Rafe to think that happened weeks apart with Sami. Rafe is about on par with every other character in Salem, and yes I think they all move too fast from one relationship to another. Sami has been about four times faster than everyone else this past year. It may be about to slow down and I think that would be really smart because IMO her character has really suffered the last 11 months.

six
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jan 31 2013, 01:05 PM
He was ready and willing in the safe house and she put a stop to it. Not him. He might not have been enthusiastic about it (as if he is about anything), but that doesn't change the fact that he was going to do it.

camera shy
Jan 31 2013, 12:49 PM
six
Jan 31 2013, 12:37 PM
Vicky4Mimi
michelle

When Rafe was trying to sleep with Carrie weren't he and Sami on their way to being divorce? And she didn't let Lucas know she was finish with him when she went on the run with EJ and would have slept with him if Rafe hadn't shown up and arrested them. And EJ didin't know she was finished with him (after he poured his heart out to her) when she was ready to fuck Rafe before Gabi's wedding.
Nobody said Sami went about things the right way. That doesn't mean "she would have slept with [all of them] on any given day, because they showed her refrain from taking the next step until she knew she was ready to move on.

lysie
Jan 31 2013, 04:20 PM
michelle
Jan 31 2013, 12:29 PM
lysie
six

It's happened more than once. Rafe isn't in the middle ofa story about him wanting two women. It's just not at all comparable. I have my own issues with it, but Rafe hooking up with someone in a bar well after breaking things off with Sami is completely different from Sami going back and forth between two men because she can't choose. That one kiss happened with Carrie while he was with Sami, but he didn't go straight from one to the other. He didn't get the chance to. It might have been different if Sami hasn't immediately caught them, but she did. Ultimately though, we've been getting different ' heat' spoilers for Sami for weeks. One week this man, one week the other. That hasn't happened with Rafe.
Here's the difference though, despite the fact that you don't think Sami cares about anyone but herself, because you personally hate the character and the actress, she DOES.

She IS torn about both men and has been for A VERY LONG TIME. It didn't just start 5 minutes ago, it started years ago in the safe house when she was pregnant with Sydney, loved EJ and was developing feelings for Rafe.

I'm not saying that she loves EJ more than Rafe or that her recent fights with Rafe negates her feelings for him, but that doesn't change the fact that she still cares about EJ too.

Rafe is getting ready to have sex with someone that he does not care about/love/whatever/etc., and that TO ME, makes him more of a whore, than Sami will ever be.

A one night stand is definitely more whorish than being torn between two men you have deep feelings for.
Okay, first of all, if this post were in response to anyone else on this board other than me, it would have disappeared. Second of all, just because you can't form opinions independent of your ship, it doesn't mean that I can't. No, I don't like Sami and I don't think AS is worth the price of postage it would cost for me to mail a complaint letter. That has nothing to do with how I feel about the writing of the character. I think the character is being written like a slut. And yes, I have even acknowledged the fact and the irony that she's getting this writing during a time when she's not actually even sleeping with anyone. She's an unsuccessful slut, but a slut nonetheless. I think it's terrible writing and would be terrible writing for anyone. I don't think it compares to Rafe. And I'd love to stop defending him. We have had months (almost a year) of spoilers of Sami floating back and forth between three men. That has not been the case with Rafe. You're comparing things that happened months apart to Rafe to think that happened weeks apart with Sami. Rafe is about on par with every other character in Salem, and yes I think they all move too fast from one relationship to another. Sami has been about four times faster than everyone else this past year. It may be about to slow down and I think that would be really smart because IMO her character has really suffered the last 11 months.
The discussion started due to Rafe going from Sami to bar woman. Those events aren't months apart. They might not even be weeks apart.

mer4santo
Jan 31 2013, 10:21 AM
six
lysie
six

Sami was getting called a whore long before she was in this story about not being able to choose.
I think 'whorish' is a bit too harsh of a description for Sami's behaviour. I believe 'slutty' is more accurate to the situation.

I think you need to actually be sleeping with the people for it to qualify as slutty. At worst, she's a tease.
Edited by six, Jan 31 2013, 05:54 PM.

Vicky4Mimi

Quote:

six
The discussion started due to Rafe going from Sami to bar woman. Those events aren't months apart. They might not even be weeks apart.

Rafe finds someone in a bar--{and from what it sounds like,she's not a stranger], AFTER Sami already slept with EJ (from what the spoilers say) Go back as far as Deadbabysex which was a very slutty thing to do, for sure. Then she had Lucas, then going after EJ and Rafe like a dog in heat, all while the left out guy thought she was thinking of him. I know EJ was being very dense today, but he should have felt really really stupid not knowing all that was going on behind his back from New Years Eve till now. It's laughable, but Sami is still very much a slut,skank,hoe, easy.....etc.

Oh yeah, and Lucas even said "its Rafe on Thursday and Ej on Monday" or whatever days he said--even the writers see it and are making light of her sluttyness.
Edited by Vicky4Mimi, Jan 31 2013, 06:43 PM.

Daysbabe

I hate to say it I do think it is Kate and Rafe. :shame: :yuk: :drunk: Not thrilled about this would have rather it be Rafe and Nicole. Those two are hot together! Oh well!! Ugh!

Dee-anne

Daysbabe
Jan 31 2013, 06:43 PM
I hate to say it I do think it is Kate and Rafe. :shame: :yuk: :drunk: Not thrilled about this would have rather it be Rafe and Nicole. Those two are hot together! Oh well!! Ugh!
Rafe and Nicole are good as friends nothing more. I can see Nicole working hard to try and make them work as a couple. I actually think he has more chemistry with Sami than Nicole, in the romantic sense that is and even more so when he is telling Sami some home truths.

I hope it is Kate and not Nicole.

Ljay
Member Avatar

michelle
Jan 31 2013, 02:49 PM
concerned
Jan 31 2013, 01:47 PM
six
lysie

Awwww, Rafe's a big stud, I mean DUD.

Did Rafe sleep with Chloe? Im not sure if he did or not. Help?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Will gets an unexpected gift from Sonny on Valentineís Day.
No idea, probably a key. They took a risk involving an interloper like Brian because he seems to have much more chemistry with Sonny than Will does, IMO. I actually like Brian a lot as a character. He seems to know what he wants and I love the actor.

Brady opens up about why he wonít marry Kristen.
I'm sure this has to do with his being a woman killer. He's a black hole to everyone they pair him with, but this SHOULD give Martsolf a chance to do some acting, if he's ever going to do it. So kinda looking forward to this. I would like to see Kristen and Brady trade bad luck stories because it would give them a real chance to bond. I'm not buying Kristen being even remotely in love with Brady.

Eric and Nicole have a disagreement.
Is this what's already playing out? I don't know what else they could disagree about, unless Eric is upset that Nicole is pushing him away. I can't wait to see more of them together though.

Rafe meets a woman at the bar.
I might throw up from this, but I'm intrigued in the same way as watching a train wreck.

Jennifer and Chloe have it out over Daniel.
Does this happen every week? I hope Chloe puts that bitch in her place. Will this ever end? Daniel is not and never will be a prize for these stupid ass women. I don't get it.

Nick reassures Gabi that everything will be all right for their family.
I like what they're doing with Gabi so far in this storyline. She was kinda turning into a villainess but she didn't really have it in her and now they're making her clearly naive again. Nick is doing all of this stuff behind her back and she's clueless, but obviously would not approve. I loved the way she stood up to Sami today too.

Tuesday- Nicole canít bring herself to tell Eric the truth.
Not a clue what this is about, unless its about her having feelings for him.

Thursday-Gabi worries that Sonny will cause problems for her.
I don't see how...

six
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Jan 31 2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:

six

Rafe finds someone in a bar--{and from what it sounds like,she's not a stranger], AFTER Sami already slept with EJ (from what the spoilers say) Go back as far as Deadbabysex which was a very slutty thing to do, for sure. Then she had Lucas, then going after EJ and Rafe like a dog in heat, all while the left out guy thought she was thinking of him. I know EJ was being very dense today, but he should have felt really really stupid not knowing all that was going on behind his back from New Years Eve till now. It's laughable, but Sami is still very much a slut,skank,hoe, easy.....etc.

Oh yeah, and Lucas even said "its Rafe on Thursday and Ej on Monday" or whatever days he said--even the writers see it and are making light of her sluttyness.
What does that have to do with the point that we're not talking about two events that happen months apart? NM. I'm basically finished going back and forth on this, because I know for a fact that if it had been Sami instead of Rafe in this position, it would be called slutty, whorish, behavior.

Dee-anne

six
Jan 31 2013, 07:17 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Quote:

six

What does that have to do with the point that we're not talking about two events that happen months apart? NM. I'm basically finished going back and forth on this, because I know for a fact that if it had been Sami instead of Rafe in this position, it would be called slutty, whorish, behavior.
Rafe has not slept with anyone else but Sami so far. He thought he was in love with her sister but they only kissed. Now Rafe and Sami relationship has ended and she has moved on with EJ. He is now a single man and can have sex with whomever he chooses to have sex with as long it is not Nicole.

Sami was still married to Rafe when she had sex with EJ, Not long Rafe ended it and before she was divorced from Rafe she had sex with Lucas, while Lucas thought they were still an item she went off with EJ and was going to have sex with EJ if it wasn't for the usual interruptions. EJ went off to see to an emergency, and Rafe is back on the scene and before long she was ready to have sex with Rafe, while EJ thought she was patiently waiting for him, Rafe and Sami got interrupted by EJ when they were about to have sex. She was getting ready to have sex with Rafe again when they got interrupted by Hope. Rafe and her had an arguement and before long she was getting hot and heavy with EJ but got interrupted, at least three times. Rafe and Sami has another arguement and she has finally decided it is EJ she loves and wants and of course the sex with her and EJ will happen next week with no interruptions. It has been a steady backward and forward with Rafe and EJ ever since Lucas took himself out the picture.
Sami looks bad, no doubt about it. Not so much Rafe. As far he is concerned him and Sami are over. He is not torn between two different women, where he jumps to the other one when one backs out.

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Jan 31 2013, 07:17 PM
Vicky4Mimi
Quote:

six

I'd have a problem with it if it were Sami because in 20 years, these kind of hook ups haven't really been her thing. When Rafe starts having a spoiler involving him making out and trying to sex up a different woman every week like Sami has for the last several months, I'll think it's comparable. Except I probably won't think about it at all because there's no way I'm watching that.

And it's not just Sami that gets this kind of bashing. I'd like to introduce you to Jennifer and Daniel.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply