Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, January 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 30 2013, 06:08 AM (5,774 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Marlena's skin matches the gray wall behind her. Yikes.

Kristen and Brady need to work on their communication skills.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

CM really needs to cut his hair. It's very fluffy. And not in a good way.

The look BB gave Gabi at the end of this scene was perfection.

Poor Hope. She should just hang out a sign that says the doctor is in.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Oooh, Hope is beng shady about Bo. I really want to know where they're going with this.

Yay Kate! I've been waiting for her to be injected into this baby story.

LOL at Nicole blaming Henderson and then Victor. Bricole is kinda making me wish they'd have angry sex right now.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I'm going to need less scenes where Kristin is taunting Marlena and more scenes where's she's actually doing bad things to Marlena.

Man, EM is chewing scenery today.

Smart strategy Kate - keep Nick at work so Will gets plenty of daddy time.

lysie
Member Avatar

Today was a little better than yesterday, but I'm still bored.

When Kristen called Marlena "a idiot" don't you just know Deidre Hall was cringing?

The Kristen/Marlena scenes today reminded me a little of their old school scenes. Kristen taunting but being completely wrong. What wasn't like their old scenes was Marlena just taking it.

I thought EM was pretty good today. Like..he even got my attention whilst fully clothed.

So clearly something is going on with Bo. I wonder how long it's going to take for it to play out.

The Kate/Billie scenes were really good again. Too little too late.

There was a weather alert voiceover during a Nick scene, and I was already confused. Why was he mad at Will today?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Oooh, Nick, you are so wonderfully manipulative: "There's nobody on our side but us, Gabi."

"Ewe search" :sheep:

I like the idea of Nicole doing shady stuff for good reasons.

I can't believe Kristen is getting busted by a note. It's all so junior high.

This Kate and Billie goodbye scene is so OOT considering this is the most that LR had been on-screen in the last six months.

Lucas went to prison for Will because he took the rap when he really wasn't guilty and he did it for Will so Will would not go to prison and it was a lie. Geez Nick, you really need to tighten up your soliloquys.

Pookie
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Jan 30 2013, 02:03 PM
Well, I guess has Brady has some sense. He figured out Nicole's underhandedness pretty quickly.
Only because Nicole wasn't screwing him stupid like Kristen is. Guaranteed, if Nicole was the one he was screwing, he'd have bought it hook, line and sinker. I continue to be appalled at not only how stupid Brady is, but how stupid this storyline is. I mean, the only way for this crap to work is to make Brady a mental defective.

http://youtu.be/udNHsk57f24
Edited by Pookie, Jan 30 2013, 07:17 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Seriously, Nick. I never mumble very loudly about it when I figure out the deep secrets of people.

KMan101
Member Avatar

They really need to do something about Will's hair. It looks terrible.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Are we sure Will didn't hear Nick plotting out loud? I'm kinda hoping Will pretends he didn't hear Nick and decides to figure out a way to trip Nick up by pretending he trusts him now.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

The network censors must have stepped in again and stopped Nick from dropping the f bomb when he was insulting Will today. I could have sworn I heard the word used on prime time within the past month or two so I wonder why Days is operating under a different set of rules.

It's a pity Brady uncovered Nicole's crime so quickly, especially Brady is not that birght and Nicole is usually far better at covering her lies. Other than that head scratching mess, the show today was pretty decent. Maybe they will put Lisa Rinna's salary to good use since they certainly didn't during the past ten months.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

I'm getting bored with the same Marlena and Kristen exchanges. Been there, done that, what's next?

Glad Will had time with Kate. I found it odd that busy body Kate hadn't searched out Will yet and rallied for him. Loved her take charge attitude and that she said she'd get Nick's parole revoked. Very Kate.

Gabi actually spoke her mind? Color me amazed. I like that she took what Rafe said seriously and wasn't manipulated by Nick's 'it's us against all of them' tactic . . . at least for today.

Eric still bores me to tears. I hate that this is the guy Nicole is going to have feelings for next. Blech!

I need for Nicole to have a scheme that actually works. I'm tired of hearing her apologize all the time too. She's so much better than all this.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

The way Nick found out about Lucas covering for Will at the end didn't come off right to me. The surprise should've been Nick realizing Will shot EJ and Lucas covered and went to jail. Instead, Nick seemed more surprise upon reading that Lucas shot EJ. Um, you were in Salem at the time Nick! Lucas shooting EJ shouldn't have come as a surprise to him at all. I don't know if it was the writing or the way Berris played it. I just didn't like it at all.

Kate and Billie's scenes were good. I liked Billie saying she'll always come back. Will it be Rinna though?

I absolutely love Hope and Rafe's chemistry. Their FRIEND chemistry. Always have. They work so well as friends. And I would never want to see anything develop between the two of them. It would be very refreshing to see a male/female friendship last in Salem without ever crossing the line and becoming intimate.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Jan 30 2013, 07:21 PM
The network censors must have stepped in again and stopped Nick from dropping the f bomb when he was insulting Will today. I could have sworn I heard the word used on prime time within the past month or two so I wonder why Days is operating under a different set of rules.
OLTL used the word "faggot" a few years ago. I don't know why DAYS is afraid to go there. I think it would make things a lot more impacting. Hearing Nick refer to Will as "gay boy" really makes Nick look childish and lame.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jan 30 2013, 07:29 PM.

Pookie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 30 2013, 07:28 PM
LonePirate
OLTL used the word "faggot" a few years ago. I don't know why DAYS is afraid to go there. I think it would make things a lot more impacting. Hearing Nick refer to Will as "gay boy" really makes Nick look childish and lame.
Well, so far he's used it in front of Gabby. A milder insult than the F word. If Nick was using the F word in front of Gabby, she'd have less of a reason to overlook the insult because it would have made his homophobia more blatant and harder to ignore.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, that F word!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jan 30 2013, 07:31 PM
DrewHamilton
LonePirate
Well, so far he's used it in front of Gabby. A milder insult than the F word. If Nick was using the F word in front of Gabby, she'd have less of a reason to overlook the insult because it would have made his homophobia more blatant and harder to ignore.
Nick used which word in front of Gabi? "Faggot" or "gay boy?" I've only heard him say "gay boy."

Pookie
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 30 2013, 07:33 PM
Pookie
DrewHamilton
LonePirate
Nick used which word in front of Gabi? "Faggot" or "gay boy?" I've only heard him say "gay boy."
Gay boy. If had said the F word, Gabby would more likely see his homophobia as more blatant.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Pookie
Jan 30 2013, 07:35 PM
DrewHamilton
Jan 30 2013, 07:33 PM
Pookie
DrewHamilton

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Gay boy. If had said the F word, Gabby would more likely see his homophobia as more blatant.
That's what I thought. And I agree. Gabi would probably be a bit more turned off, but Nick's even saying "gay boy" to himself. It sounds stupid.

lysie
Member Avatar

I've asked this before, and no one answered, but...is "gay boy" a slur? I mean the way he said it was pretty dismissive and condescending, but is that term actually a slur?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply