Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Spoilers for the week of February 11th
Topic Started: Jan 30 2013, 03:18 PM (7,740 Views)
BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

John Abbott
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Soapwatcher

Yes but he is the only one, can you name another? Paul didn't raise either one of his kids, what was so funny he and Mary just begged Christine to have a child, yet when Isabella had Ricky Paul shipped him off to his grandparents, if he wanted a child so damm bad why didn't he raise Ricky. Danny finally got custody of Daniel who wasn't his child, Jack didn't raise Kyle or Keemo, Nick provides a home for his offspring yet he doesn't really take care of them, that's what the nanny is for (for Faith) and he and Phyllis raised Summer but he or Phyllis was playing around all the time they were married so they didn't have too much time for Summer. Billy hasn't raised Delia and Johnny is just a tool to get Vicki to stay home more and that ain't gonna happen she's gonna be back with Daddy before too long and it will be Johnny Who? Brad didn't raise Colleen and Abby isn't raised yet. Neil didn't raise Lily until she was almost a teenager and that's because Dru came back home. Victor never was a father except when it benefited him.

Queen B
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Feb 5 2013, 12:18 PM
Yes but he is the only one, can you name another? Paul didn't raise either one of his kids, what was so funny he and Mary just begged Christine to have a child, yet when Isabella had Ricky Paul shipped him off to his grandparents, if he wanted a child so damm bad why didn't he raise Ricky. Danny finally got custody of Daniel who wasn't his child, Jack didn't raise Kyle or Keemo, Nick provides a home for his offspring yet he doesn't really take care of them, that's what the nanny is for (for Faith) and he and Phyllis raised Summer but he or Phyllis was playing around all the time they were married so they didn't have too much time for Summer. Billy hasn't raised Delia and Johnny is just a tool to get Vicki to stay home more and that ain't gonna happen she's gonna be back with Daddy before too long and it will be Johnny Who? Brad didn't raise Colleen and Abby isn't raised yet. Neil didn't raise Lily until she was almost a teenager and that's because Dru came back home. Victor never was a father except when it benefited him.
I think most people just feel like Billy and Victoria having a baby waters them down

Soapwatcher

it does limit their story line, I've always been a Billy fan just like I'm a Sharon (most of the time) and I want Billy to have someone that is more his style. Vicki is more of a business person than a mommy type. I'm not knocking anyone who has a career and a family some women amaze me with all that they can do, but the way the character is written Vicki is not the home and hearth kind of woman.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Brad was a great father to Abby even though she wasn't his own daughter. Even though Brad and Traci seperated, he was a great father to Colleen and they grew close before she died . He was always there for Colleen even when she lived in NY with Traci and Steve.
You can be divorced and the child live with the mother and still be a great parent which Brad was to Colleen. Whether he raised her or not.
Edited by HotPepper, Feb 5 2013, 03:38 PM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Quote:

Can you name one father who has been a super or good dad on that show? All of them fail at that job.

You asked for 1 and I gave you 1. :shrug:
But since you asked for another, I'll give you J.T. :D :cart:

Soapwatcher

Yes there are many fathers out there who are involved with their children who do not live with them, but for the most part the fathers on this show are dismal fathers. Brad only became close to Colleen when she came back to GC and she lived with John and Jack not Brad, and like I said Abby isn't "raised" yet, yes you named two and yes who would have thunk that JT had it in him, after all he was like Fen when he was a teenager, but he matured too bad Vicki didn't. I'm just saying the good father ratio on this show is not good at all.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
you only asked for one, now you want more? lol

Soapwatcher

yeah I'm greedy that way

Daytime
Member Avatar

Spoilers week of Feb 11th via jcren @ Sony

Congressman Wheeler threatens Victor about his daughter’s death.

Cane and Chelsea work closely together as Tyler watches.

Tyler tells Lily about Cane and Chelsea.

Abby returns to Genoa City and wants to work at Jabot.

Carmen rebuffs Abby’s advances.

Abby is charmed by a new man.

Avery doesn’t think she could choose between Nick and Dylan.

Avery has a flashback to her and Dylan.

Nick and Avery’s romantic evening is interrupted.

Lauren blames Michael for their son’s night in jail.

Michael tries to fix his marriage.

Jack warns Adam about Victor.

Sharon fights her attraction to Adam.

Victor gets Mason to switch Sharon’s bipolar medication.

Jamie admits he lied about the night he fell from the roof.

Queen B
Member Avatar

wtf! Why are they making Victor stoop this low.. switching Sharon's medication? really?

HotPepper
Member Avatar

I knew Victor would do that. It is the lowest of the low but you never know what to expect from Victor. When he does something we know it isn't going to be a good thing.

I hope we are going to see a more mature Abby and it sounds like we will. Glad she is back

3WishGenie
Member Avatar
#TeamHorita

Super Adam to the rescue!! snooooze. This war for NE is so stupid.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Quote:

I want more Victor and Marcus together this is vintage soap for me I need JG and JFP to think of more story with for these two I can tell my man EB feels like he got a worthy adversary to work across from other than MTS he's come alive with Wheeler scenes.

Quote:

This BULLSHIT right here :angry: is why I want the Adam vs Victor tired unwatchable fukage to STOP! They can't make Adam into worthy opponent for Victor so have him mess w/ something he cares for (Sharon) make him stoop this damn low just to get Newman back.. O`My Word I can't describe the amount of Fuck U's I have to the writers for this one.
Edited by lightandday, Feb 6 2013, 06:32 PM.

Checkers
Member Avatar

lightandday
Feb 6 2013, 06:31 PM

This BULLSHIT right here :angry: is why I want the Adam vs Victor tired unwatchable fukage to STOP! They can't make Adam into worthy opponent for Victor so have him mess w/ something he cares for (Sharon) make him stoop this damn low just to get Newman back.. O`My Word I can't describe the amount of Fuck U's I have to the writers for this one.
This is why the battle for NE sucks. It's just one big prop story for Adam. Notice Victoria and Billy are MIA. The two people that have worked at Newman the longest outside of Victor are nowhere near the story. (Victoria & Neil) I see the writers got Nick far away from this story. He's the only Newman that isn't being railroaded by this Adam crap.

Daytime
Member Avatar

Victor needs to be backburned or put in the story with Wheeler... Victoria is the only person that should be fighting for Newman.. Sharon really doesn't need to be involved in this story.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Checkers
Feb 6 2013, 06:40 PM
lightandday

This is why the battle for NE sucks. It's just one big prop story for Adam. Notice Victoria and Billy are MIA. The two people that have worked at Newman the longest outside of Victor are nowhere near the story. (Victoria & Neil) I see the writers got Nick far away from this story. He's the only Newman that isn't being railroaded by this Adam crap.
Posted Image

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

lightandday
Quote:

I want more Victor and Marcus together this is vintage soap for me I need JG and JFP to think of more story with for these two I can tell my man EB feels like he got a worthy adversary to work across from other than MTS he's come alive with Wheeler scenes.

Quote:

switching the meds is beneath Victor, that's child's play, he's way craftier than that!
If Mason's smart, he won't do it, the unintended consequences could be disasterous.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Out of that triangle Nick/Dylan have better chemistry than Nick/Avery & Avery/Dylan. I don't think that is what the writers are going for.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Edited by Checkers, Feb 6 2013, 07:27 PM.

LPS
Member Avatar

I think Jessica Collins is a good actress, however, she has chemistry with no one (which I can sometimes overlook), but to make matters worse, the writers make her unrealistic. She's too Ms. Perfect. She "The Bug" without the botox.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R: Archived Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply