Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MSN: GH leads soap opera revival
Topic Started: Jan 30 2013, 05:24 PM (1,623 Views)
Ellie

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=f892875a-def3-4ecb-98f7-bcaec5732d83
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Valentini and Carlivati are such an awesome team!

Nate
Member Avatar
Bitch!

GH has been amazing. They derserve it.

AllMyDaysAtGH, can you tell what you don't like about the current GH? I'm just curious. I don't see a lot of people not liking GH now. I only dislike that they are ruining Lucy's character.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Nate
Jan 30 2013, 06:56 PM
AllMyDaysAtGH, can you tell what you don't like about the current GH? I'm just curious. I don't see a lot of people not liking GH now. I only dislike that they are ruining Lucy's character.
Are they ruining Lucy though? If anything, I think Carlivati is just trying to explain two or three years of Lucy history that PC fans witnessed, yet no one on GH acknowledges. Does it make Lucy appear to be crazy? Sure, but I don't think she's being ruined at all.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Lucy was always a bit odd lol.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Tammy
Jan 30 2013, 07:52 PM
Lucy was always a bit odd lol.
Exactly. Lucy has always been a wonderfully odd duck. Nothing new there.

darraholic
Member Avatar
The Queen

I personally love Cartini, but I can understand why people don't like them. They are very campy and a lot of time it is all about plot. However, If I'm entertained then that's all that matters :p

Eric83
Member Avatar
"Relax nobody's having sex.... at least not yet"

Carlivati has high highs and low lows, overall I am enjoying GH but could do without some things (Spinelli, Sabrina, etc.)

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Times are tough, people turn to soaps for escape when they cannot escape their own. It is highly preferable to watching rich people buy purses and cars or helicopters and still not be happy in reality shows. I wish all the soaps a happy comeback and I hope it keeps actors employed, it is wonderful to have the dream of being an actor and the luxury of working in the Industry.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Nate
Jan 30 2013, 06:56 PM
GH has been amazing. They derserve it.

I've heard that there is a handful of fans that actually miss the mob violence, James Franco, steroid boy and all of the other stuff that made General Hospital the show to avoid.

I am definitely not one of them (I have however stopped watching Young and the Restless after watching it for over 32 years) now that Jill & Co. have brought their type of entertainment to Genoa City.

Like the majority, I am loving Port Charles these days. It's in the best shape it's been in since about 1993 or 1994, in my opinion.

Amazee-Dayzee

Ron Carlivati is actually pretty good writing for GH. Much better then when he was OLTL's writer.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Amazee-Dayzee
Mar 20 2013, 01:02 PM
Ron Carlivati is actually pretty good writing for GH. Much better then when he was OLTL's writer.
I think that is mainly because ABC is giving him more leeway and support with GH then they did with OLTL!

trojangal
Member Avatar

Haven't watched GH in years but I might have to check it out again
sounds like things are getting good

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

RC bought GH back to life! Thank Goodness.

KMan101
Member Avatar

He has, even though there's a lot of it I'm not in love with. I'm very grateful for all of the returns. I never thought I'd see Lynne Herring or Finola Hughes leading storylines. Or Felicia as a respectable mother again. Or AJ an actual functioning human being who finally has a relationship with Michael. I've quite enjoyed AJ and Carly's back and forth. Sean and Laura work sooo good together. I liked a lot of Todd and Carly. I found Sam and John boring lol. I always have.

Spinelli is awful as always lol and I'm not big on Sabrina for a lot of reasons.

I think he's a good fit for a campy escape, but I just wish there were a bit more followthrough. Sam and John aren't even questioning how people exist who look JUST like them? For example. LOL. Or Rafe not mourning his mother he was on the run with for how many years? Just some quibbles ...

And I'm not sure what to make of Luke/Laura/Scotty part 6000. Scotty was great with Lucy and much more likeable again in scenes with her. I at least buy his motivations, and root for him, but Laura seems so ... not what I expected this go-around.

tylerbo20

if only they could do it to Days...

tylerbo20

speaking of which i wonder what days has planned for their 50th? I hope NBC puts some money into it lol...oh never mind im sure we would just get Daniell and Jennifer's wedding for the 50th.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply