Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 09:36 AM (13,748 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

six
Feb 1 2013, 12:07 AM
lysie
Jan 31 2013, 11:35 PM
six
Jan 31 2013, 11:31 PM
lysie
Jan 31 2013, 11:24 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepFOREVER
LOL, we just did this like last week.

What thing with Nick? Him being surprised about the prison thing? I assume it was the writer's way to remind the audience what happened, because really, even if Nick hadn't been in town at the time, he still would have known what happened. Families generally talk about that kind of stuff.
He seemed confused at all that it even happened. He was in town and definitely knew it happened. And even if he weren't, how on earth could he have missed the family memo that Lucas was in prison for attempted murder? Maybe BB could have played it differently and it would have helped. IDK.

And I know. But I'm still right. And I'm also talking about Rafe and not just EJ this time. She wasn't concerned about approval with Rafe. Roman didn't like him at first, and the rest of her family, including Will, wasn't around to care one or the other.
I don't think there's anything BB could have done. The dialogue had him just finding out about it.

I also don't think Roman ever disliked Rafe. He thought he was a hothead, but he still went to bat for him to make sure he didn't lose his job at the FBI And Will was around when she and Rafe first hooked up.. Now, Will didn't like him early on. IDK if anyone else said anything either way. But, like I mentioned the last time this came up, there have been signs that Sami didn't want her family judging her for a long time. I think that counts as wanting their approval.
I think BB could have read it like he was just reading a summary of something he knew about, and then his tone could have changed as he put two and two together. But ultimately I think it was absolutely terrible writing.

No one liked Rafe until the baby switch came out. Well, except Sami and the kids.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 1 2013, 12:14 AM
six
lysie
six
Jan 31 2013, 11:31 PM

He seemed confused at all that it even happened. He was in town and definitely knew it happened. And even if he weren't, how on earth could he have missed the family memo that Lucas was in prison for attempted murder? Maybe BB could have played it differently and it would have helped. IDK.

And I know. But I'm still right. And I'm also talking about Rafe and not just EJ this time. She wasn't concerned about approval with Rafe. Roman didn't like him at first, and the rest of her family, including Will, wasn't around to care one or the other.
I don't think there's anything BB could have done. The dialogue had him just finding out about it.

I also don't think Roman ever disliked Rafe. He thought he was a hothead, but he still went to bat for him to make sure he didn't lose his job at the FBI And Will was around when she and Rafe first hooked up.. Now, Will didn't like him early on. IDK if anyone else said anything either way. But, like I mentioned the last time this came up, there have been signs that Sami didn't want her family judging her for a long time. I think that counts as wanting their approval.
I think BB could have read it like he was just reading a summary of something he knew about, and then his tone could have changed as he put two and two together. But ultimately I think it was absolutely terrible writing.

No one liked Rafe until the baby switch came out. Well, except Sami and the kids.
You'd think if he disliked the guy, he would have let him leave town, instead of setting things in motion to help Sami land him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

six
Feb 1 2013, 12:26 AM
lysie
Feb 1 2013, 12:14 AM
six
lysie

You'd think if he disliked the guy, he would have let him leave town, instead of setting things in motion to help Sami land him.
I didn't say it made sense.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Why does it bother me so much that the Neither Will or Nick is playing anything like they are cousins? They act like strangers. And why isn't Maggie or Jennifer or Hope all up in the Horton business?
Pfft.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

mer4santo
Feb 1 2013, 12:36 AM
Why does it bother me so much that the Neither Will or Nick is playing anything like they are cousins? They act like strangers. And why isn't Maggie or Jennifer or Hope all up in the Horton business?
Pfft.
THANK YOU! That's been driving me CRAZY! Abby was bitching about Chad screwing over her friends and all I could think was THEY'RE YOUR FUCKING COUSINS! It's like the Hortons are all concerned about Nick, but dammit if Will isn't a Horton, too. Of course, Will is further down the line and descended from Lucas who is the spawn of Kate and Bill's extra-marital affair (I'd love for Lucas to be the black-sheep, ignored Horton and be bitter about that), but they hardly ever even talk about that anymore.

Also, I'd like to see 2 Hortons actually get together as a couple. There are so many generations on that tree that I'm betting that a couple of those bottom rungs are far enough apart generationally that it doesn't count.

concerned
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Pfft.
Maggie and Jennifer too concerned about Daniel to worry about little things like cousins at war. Not sure what Hope's excuse is. Maybe she understands that to most sane people at this time the three involved are now projecting an attitude of we are all in agreement and she thinks since they are adults and their are no issues she can leave them to live their own lives.

concerned
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Jan 31 2013, 11:27 PM
It shocks me that I could go ALL day long, reading about the EJami scenes and getting a very clear idea of what's coming, but when I finally have a chance to sit down and watch I'm still an absolute emotional mess. I would have thought knowing what was coming would have made me less likely to have such a strong reaction but no dice. I was embarrassingly emotional - and loved every, single second of it.

I thought it was written and acted beautifully. I loved that EJ walked into her apartment braced for getting his heart stomped on again and apparently ready to walk away. He was smarting and seemingly at the end of his rope with her fickle behavior. And then Sami started talking...and initially seemed to be digging her hole even deeper. But when she started talking about being scared to death of the way EJ makes her feel, and that something inside her has always drawn her to him, etc. I was dumbfounded and flat out crying. I thought EJ's reaction was fantastic because I think it started as anger and a desperate need to put up a wall - and as she really started opening up a sense of confusion and fear that she couldn't possibly mean what she was saying. James did a fantastic job of just reacting via body language and his eyes - and Ali did a great job with the emotional monologue. By the time she got to the point where she put him on notice that she was going to do whatever it takes to get him to come around because she believes they belong together I was a hump of weeping SocR on the floor. :embarrassed:

I know there were other characters on the show today and I swear I tried, honestly I did!, to pay attention to them but I eventually just had to FF thru to get to the EJami scenes uninterrupted. I'll go back and watch the entire thing during my regular viewing tomorrow AM - but for now I have to say these were unequivocally my favorite EJami scenes in their entire history.
"unequivocally my favorite EJami scenes in their entire history"

Ok colour me surprised.. if I was an EJ and Sami supporter (which I have been and could be again) I would still have thought these scenes were a touch on the disappointing side. In fact I could name several of their scenes that I thought were better even during the Mar Dar reign. I'm not surprised that people love the fact that they look like they might be getting themselves together but I am surprised at the strong emotional connection and the rave reviews for this particular way of them getting back together . I just didn't think these were particularly strong scenes. I'm hoping that things will pick up in the next two days as they celebrate their love and maybe I'll have to eat my words..... ( a couple more spins and the effort to cover up Jame's tattoos and that could get me over the line).

Still at this point in time I'm happy to wager Nicole's first born on the probablility that these scenes won't be making the "top ten ejami moments" in two years time.

PS: I'm not even expecting them to be in the montage collection beyond the next two months.

spartan
Member Avatar

I REALLY enjoyed the EJami scenes. :wub: As far as I'm concerned, I didn't need EJ to say a word. He has been talking and confessing his feelings to Sami for almost 7 years. I have been waiting and waiting....and waiting for Sami to talk. I was content to let her have the floor for a bit and render EJ speechless. THIS is what I needed from this episode. It's not everything and anything I have ever wanted for EJami but it is more than anything I thought we would get at this point in the game. So, I will gladly relish this moment in EJami time. I got a huge piece of what I've needed Sami to give today. I look forward to what lies ahead with guarded optimism.

I can't believe GG can have Rafe look smug even while knocking on a door but there you have it. It made me wish EJ would carry Sami all the way to the door after he picked her up and do her up against it.......loudly, while Rafe stood outside.

I think Brian is so incredibly handsome and he and Sonny do have way more sexy chemistry going on than Wilson have. I still felt badly for Will, even though I couldn't see his reaction to seeing the kiss. He was cute showing the sonogram picture to Chad. He's already a proud papa. Sami as the overbearing grandma-to-be suits her. I wouldn't have expected any differently. If I were Gabi, I would hate her too.

I just realized today that Abby is cousins to both Will and Sonny.
Edited by spartan, Feb 1 2013, 01:15 AM.

spartan
Member Avatar

Oh, and as much as I laughed at GG's acting choice as he knocked on Sami's door, I loved the choice to have Rafe standing outside knocking to get in while Sami continued kissing EJ without a thought of stopping as Rafe yelled. It was symbolic for me and very necessary to establish EJami is the couple. With all of Sami's waffling back and forth and her history of choosing Rafe, as an EJami fan, *I* needed that. So thank you, Days.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

mer4santo
Pfft.
I completely agree!! You'd think that Hope would go talk to Nick. After all, she did tell Marlena that she left a message for him after the whole wedding mess. It's obvious they haven't talked, since Hope was shocked to hear from Rafe that Nick & Gabi had been planning to get married "today". Besides which, Hope knows what it's like to want to a baby that isn't biologically hers and have the biological parents want custody. It's not quite the same situation, but at least she has some experience with the feelings he's going through.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Harmony233
Jan 31 2013, 07:34 PM
blueskies
Jan 31 2013, 07:30 PM
Harmony233
Jan 31 2013, 07:28 PM
blueskies
Jan 31 2013, 07:25 PM
I can't even put into words how utterly annoying Sami is in these scenes with Gabi. Like, I want Austin to run her over again after she falls thru the DiMansion doors again.
LOL I'm no GAbby fan but what SAmi did at that age can't be compared.
That's my point, lol. Sami's acting like a complete psycho here with Gabi when Gabi hasn't even done anything. I don't even think Kate is this crazy, lol.
LOL Kate I can almost understand she is alway been obessed with her childrens lives ecspecially her sons sami has never have been so it comes off false and considering she hadn't even talked to will before she came off as a loon
You know what we are seeing now... Gabi turning into kind of Sami.. and Sami turning into Kate... God forbid.

Of course Sami is acting this way.. have everyone forgot how she is..? I guess she has played the darling angel for so long with Rafe.. LOL .. but this is how Sami should act if you think about how she acts in other situations. I mean come on, this is Sami. She is selfish... and now she had her mind on protecting her son rights to the child.. and her chance to be a grandmother. Yikes.. grandmother.. LOL .. anyways..

Its like the table has turned...

Not sure I like Sami become Kate.. but I guess they have to do something to get some kind interactions after years of bland triangle stories.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

blueskies
Jan 31 2013, 07:42 PM
i'm SO glad Rafe sees Sami has the maturity level of a psychotic 12-yr-old.
Yeah I am not so sure Rafe is any better.. to me he is a pride righteous prick.

;) My opinion of course.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

lysie
Jan 31 2013, 08:14 PM
The Ejami scenes were so badly acted that it was laughable. And not a single thing Sami said was based on anything that's actually happened on the show. If I thought this would lead to them being backburned like most couples who get together, I'd be thrilled, but I just doubt it.

If we talk about the acting,... I think the camera angel was completely wrong. I am actually very disappointed with the camera work. It was like a newbie was directing that scene.

1. you couldn't see Samis face.. it was in strange angle.
2. I guess EJ (Scott) couldn't really do much,.. but still .. something like holding his hands over his head .. or something
3. Very long speech from Sami and nothing from EJ.. have him be react or something.. be upset .. walk up and say something,,
4. The writing of the scene could have been 10 times better.. but whom am I to complain. :ermm:

... but the camera angle and lightning was horrible. Period.

Anyways..

I am still glad of the scene since its a pull in the good direction..

1. that we get away from the endless boring and hopeless triangle situation (I hope)
2. EJAMI... LOL

Quote:

I just will never understand why this show can't write like they're aware of other things they've written that just aired. Days has so much history to pull from, and if they'd just use it instead of glossing over it and making up something else when they decide to go in another direction, the show would be a million times better.

This... .. very true.
Edited by DayDreamer, Feb 1 2013, 02:21 AM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

EJamandBread
Jan 31 2013, 08:24 PM
I still can't comprehend how ejami's scenes ignored any of their history. Odd.
Agreed....

They could have written this in a much better way that does not ignore their history and really explains why she has acted this way with rafe and EJ.. not to mention Lucas.

Some of the things kind of explained it .. but it was not totally understandable.

elci525
Member Avatar

Hologram
Feb 1 2013, 02:06 AM
Harmony233
Jan 31 2013, 07:34 PM
blueskies
Jan 31 2013, 07:30 PM
Harmony233
Jan 31 2013, 07:28 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That's my point, lol. Sami's acting like a complete psycho here with Gabi when Gabi hasn't even done anything. I don't even think Kate is this crazy, lol.
LOL Kate I can almost understand she is alway been obessed with her childrens lives ecspecially her sons sami has never have been so it comes off false and considering she hadn't even talked to will before she came off as a loon
You know what we are seeing now... Gabi turning into kind of Sami.. and Sami turning into Kate... God forbid.

Of course Sami is acting this way.. have everyone forgot how she is..? I guess she has played the darling angel for so long with Rafe.. LOL .. but this is how Sami should act if you think about how she acts in other situations. I mean come on, this is Sami. She is selfish... and now she had her mind on protecting her son rights to the child.. and her chance to be a grandmother. Yikes.. grandmother.. LOL .. anyways..

Its like the table has turned...

Not sure I like Sami become Kate.. but I guess they have to do something to get some kind interactions after years of bland triangle stories.
No we haven't forgotten. Well maybe some have, I guess. But I haven't. I guess I am not all that surprised Sami is acting this way. And I can see why some find it delicious and soapy. But Sami's acting this way just doesn't entertain me anymore. Maybe it's because she isn't an underdog anymore. Maybe it's because she isn't 16 or 20 anymore. Maybe it's because on some level I would hope that having lived through Kate, she wouldn't want inflict the same madness on her child. Maybe it's because Kate had good reason, at least in the beginning - her continued meddling annoyed me - to hate/be suspicious of/want to "get" Sami. And Sami doesn't towards Gabi. It's like SHE is thinking Gabi is a type of Sami (which I disagree with I think), remembers the havoc she caused, and is just imposing all that baggage onto the situation. Some might call that perspective and personal experience. I call it insanity. Trust me - the sweet irony of Sami becoming a version of Kate is not lost on me. But I just don't find it all that cute or entertaining, at least not now. I just know she will cause all these unnecessary problems for Will and the baby, which I guess is understandable because the meddling a storyline makes (if she didn't interfere, where would the drama come from). But still, I just know that later down the road she'll justify what she's done - if she causes significant trouble or goes to even semi-extreme lengths - with the fact that she loves and wants to protect her son. Kate did the same thing. And this is why I hated Kate. And so it will be with Sami. But, since I pretty much detest Sami now anyway, I guess I shouldn't really care either way.
Edited by elci525, Feb 1 2013, 03:05 AM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Maggie28wubsEj
Jan 31 2013, 11:08 PM
As an ex Ejami fan I waited for Sami to say those things forever! I wanted to be happy, but it was just too fast and neatly tied in a bow for me. There was no build up or a build up that I wanted, and I was waiting for Ej to make Sami work a little harder to be with him. I didn't want him to just accept Sami's proposal. I wanted him to be a little more conflicted and pissed that she chose Rafe over him but a few days ago. I also fear that this will limit Ej's story lines.
Maybe that is to come... EJ did look quite weird to me? I get he was gutted by how this reveal thing about second guy thing....I wonder if he is back to revenge :shrug: mode again?

camera shy

Hamilton
Jan 31 2013, 11:19 PM
Matt
Jan 31 2013, 10:15 PM
I have visions of the divine Melissa Salmons being handed this breakdown with a note attached saying "Here. Do whatever you have to to make this work." and her looking it over and silently mouthing "Aw, FUCK! Well, here goes nothing..."
:roflol: I can just picture it!

And, the long addendum listing all the 'events' of which must not be spoken.
Sami, "And the night I shot you in the head, I really want to fuck you, but I was just so mad at you......that I.....I'm just going to come out and say it......I fucked Rafe instead". :D

camera shy

AFaithL
Jan 31 2013, 11:53 PM
Can we keep Brian?
Yes, can we please? Brian's smile was way hotter than anything Ejami did.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

six
Jan 31 2013, 11:13 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 31 2013, 02:37 PM
esp13
Jan 31 2013, 02:18 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 31 2013, 02:09 PM

Yes, but if the explanation is that she was doing it for her family's approval, I've got to call B.S. too. There is nothing that has happened since this summer that would indicate she was looking for her family's approval. The only family scenes that I can even think of are Caroline telling Sami she understood what it was like to be torn and Hope being all happy AFTER finding Rafe and Sami half-nekkid.

I'm all good with them putting EJ and Sami together, but this is just more short-cut writing. I'd have a lot more respect if she had said she was chasing after Rafe because she wanted to be the type of person he wanted her to be, but she doesn't want that anymore. That would have made sense. But blaming her family or using them as her excuse makes zero sense given what we've seen onscreen since 2008, her whole entire history, and, quite frankly, her family. The only person allowed to express disapproval of EJ is Kayla and I hardly think Sami's making decisions about her love life based on Kayla's opinions.

It's just so darn frustrating because they could have actually gone there and made this make some kind of sense. But this just sounds like more contrived BS that can be easily forgotten in a few months. Bummer.
Didn't we also get Roman and Marlena making some comments when EJ became her boss at CW too? Regardless, I don't know if we need much in the way of expressed family disapproval since there's a pretty long history of them hating EJ. I think she's pretty safe in her assumption that the Bradys aren't going to be happy about this.

There was also that scene where Rafe took Sami for a fancy date at the coffee shop and jarlena were so happy to see them together that it almost seemed like they wished they were the ones going out with Rafe.
Uhh,.. I remember that. :blink:

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

SocRMum1
Jan 31 2013, 11:27 PM
It shocks me that I could go ALL day long, reading about the EJami scenes and getting a very clear idea of what's coming, but when I finally have a chance to sit down and watch I'm still an absolute emotional mess. I would have thought knowing what was coming would have made me less likely to have such a strong reaction but no dice. I was embarrassingly emotional - and loved every, single second of it.

I thought it was written and acted beautifully. I loved that EJ walked into her apartment braced for getting his heart stomped on again and apparently ready to walk away. He was smarting and seemingly at the end of his rope with her fickle behavior. And then Sami started talking...and initially seemed to be digging her hole even deeper. But when she started talking about being scared to death of the way EJ makes her feel, and that something inside her has always drawn her to him, etc. I was dumbfounded and flat out crying. I thought EJ's reaction was fantastic because I think it started as anger and a desperate need to put up a wall - and as she really started opening up a sense of confusion and fear that she couldn't possibly mean what she was saying. James did a fantastic job of just reacting via body language and his eyes - and Ali did a great job with the emotional monologue. By the time she got to the point where she put him on notice that she was going to do whatever it takes to get him to come around because she believes they belong together I was a hump of weeping SocR on the floor. :embarrassed:

I know there were other characters on the show today and I swear I tried, honestly I did!, to pay attention to them but I eventually just had to FF thru to get to the EJami scenes uninterrupted. I'll go back and watch the entire thing during my regular viewing tomorrow AM - but for now I have to say these were unequivocally my favorite EJami scenes in their entire history.
I have to say I love your avatar.. will look for it..!!

Agree with everything you wrote.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply