Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 09:36 AM (13,508 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Yesterday's show were just there...nothing particularly wonderful about anything and a lot of WTFery to last me a life time. My thoughts:

Kristen and Brady have fizzled for me. They were so good in the beginning, with so much potential and now they just seem to be doing the same thing over and over again, week in and week out. Brady is still an idiot and he needs a shave....so go get that done baby....oh and take off your shirt so Lysie and I can at least watch and be....rewarded... ya know.

I see this blonde woman coming out of the coffee shop and she looks like Sami...yep...she's Sami...okay...she's calling Everett....there he is...he's happy and giddy...like a high school teen guy when he's about to score big! Oh brother....The Rafe/Ej exchange was expected and 2 points for Rafe for calling Ejevett a MORON.....it's kind of funny that Ej claims to know Sami so well, but somehow but couldn't read her at all.... and to the rest of the Ej/Sami exchange....that blonde woman, I thought was Sami...she's fucking insane....all the crap coming out of her mouth makes no sense...I'm finally done with this chick....Ej can have her, she can fuck him every way she wants to...I want so much better for Lucas... and Sami is no longer that person I want for him....and she'll never be that person unless we find out that she really is not Sami. So that being said, I think my days of shipping Lumi for now are officially over, as I don't want Lucas anywhere near this person that looks like Sami but has clearly lost her damn mind. For years Sami did shit to spite her family and the only part that I could actually think that would make sense with the exchange of wanting to please her family is that at times she has wanted to behave in a way that would make Will proud of her, that he wouldn't be ashamed of the stuff she'd done...but that was way back in 2005, post Stan...so I don't get this....Caroline and Sami spoke and Caroline actually said some shit that makes no sense at the time, but she pretty much said she understood how Sami felt about both men....then she was happy and told Hope and Hope was happy for her...even compared Safe to Bope and all.....then she even said, 'do you really think Rafe and I are like you and uncle Bo?'...whatever..it's a mess...

I don't get Nick's reaction to finding the news either....I think that was a writing error...what they should have done is made sure that the point came across that Nick KNEW that Lucas went to prison for shooting EJ....maybe at the point of reading the article on the computer he could have said, 'He confessed, he wasn't convicted? Hmmm' and then have him mention what he overheard at the square....and then he has an "AHA" moment....."maybe he confessed to cover for Will? I need to get to the bottom of this, did Will try to kill EJ and his father tried to cover it up?" It just played wrong, IMHO. I am starting to feel real bad for Will...he's getting his hopes up so high that Nick wants to make this all work for all three of them...they are all going to be one big happy family....NOT.....Will is going to be hit and hard and he's going to unravel pretty quickly...I just need him to really tap into his gray side a bit to go up against crazy eyes.

Oh touching on Sami's behavior toward Gabi....I would just love to know if Sami even paid attention to what Will told her the other day. Why does she think that Gabi has this covert plan to fuck Will over from being part of his child's life....if anything she should be targeting her anger at NIck...but I guess Nick is not being obvious about his dislike yet....so Sami goes and alienates the one person that she shouldn't for now....this is going to blow up in her face and Will is going to put the blame squarely on Sami's shoulder's.....

Chad and Ej were meh....dude...you've been fourth choice for Sami at one point...wtf.....you've moved up a bit...be happy.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

camera shy
Feb 1 2013, 09:11 AM
Partnersincrime
Feb 1 2013, 09:00 AM
ej is never been the underdog even when sami did not want him

you know it bad writing when sami said she have friend in city hall sami have friends?
Ha, I thought the same thing, when does Sami Brady have any friends? And how much rights do grandparents have when it comes to their grandchildren? EJ said to Rafe that Sami and WIll have their rights concerning the baby and of course Will as the father does, but does Sami? I remember Sami not giving a damn about Stefano's rights when it came to Johnnny and how did she treat Marlena and Kate when it came to WIll?
In my town there is no such thing as grandparents rights anymore

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

ej may looked as villan but underdog not really when he got away for anything bad he done just simple because they did not hook him up with sami the same way you can not call stefano underdog it apply the same with ej

six
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 1 2013, 01:03 AM
SocRMum1
Jan 31 2013, 11:27 PM
It shocks me that I could go ALL day long, reading about the EJami scenes and getting a very clear idea of what's coming, but when I finally have a chance to sit down and watch I'm still an absolute emotional mess. I would have thought knowing what was coming would have made me less likely to have such a strong reaction but no dice. I was embarrassingly emotional - and loved every, single second of it.

I thought it was written and acted beautifully. I loved that EJ walked into her apartment braced for getting his heart stomped on again and apparently ready to walk away. He was smarting and seemingly at the end of his rope with her fickle behavior. And then Sami started talking...and initially seemed to be digging her hole even deeper. But when she started talking about being scared to death of the way EJ makes her feel, and that something inside her has always drawn her to him, etc. I was dumbfounded and flat out crying. I thought EJ's reaction was fantastic because I think it started as anger and a desperate need to put up a wall - and as she really started opening up a sense of confusion and fear that she couldn't possibly mean what she was saying. James did a fantastic job of just reacting via body language and his eyes - and Ali did a great job with the emotional monologue. By the time she got to the point where she put him on notice that she was going to do whatever it takes to get him to come around because she believes they belong together I was a hump of weeping SocR on the floor. :embarrassed:

I know there were other characters on the show today and I swear I tried, honestly I did!, to pay attention to them but I eventually just had to FF thru to get to the EJami scenes uninterrupted. I'll go back and watch the entire thing during my regular viewing tomorrow AM - but for now I have to say these were unequivocally my favorite EJami scenes in their entire history.
"unequivocally my favorite EJami scenes in their entire history"

Ok colour me surprised.. if I was an EJ and Sami supporter (which I have been and could be again) I would still have thought these scenes were a touch on the disappointing side. In fact I could name several of their scenes that I thought were better even during the Mar Dar reign. I'm not surprised that people love the fact that they look like they might be getting themselves together but I am surprised at the strong emotional connection and the rave reviews for this particular way of them getting back together . I just didn't think these were particularly strong scenes. I'm hoping that things will pick up in the next two days as they celebrate their love and maybe I'll have to eat my words..... ( a couple more spins and the effort to cover up Jame's tattoos and that could get me over the line).

Still at this point in time I'm happy to wager Nicole's first born on the probablility that these scenes won't be making the "top ten ejami moments" in two years time.

PS: I'm not even expecting them to be in the montage collection beyond the next two months.
Well they're really not montage scenes in general, but I'd be willing to bet that portions of Sami's confession will be used as a voice over for as long as Ejami montages are being made. I don't think there's ever been a more positive, powerful moment between the two of them.
Edited by six, Feb 1 2013, 10:30 AM.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

LuvingLumi
Feb 1 2013, 08:22 AM
Will&Sonny
Feb 1 2013, 08:03 AM
I haven't seen anyone else comment on this yet, but I'm definitely starting to notice the evidence of Freddie Smith's recent weight loss on-screen now.

I also noticed it and he looks considerably thinner. Does anyone know how much weight he actually lost.
According to a recent twitter Q&A he had in January he started a Wright loss program and has lost 25 pounds. Also has gotten into running. I think the weight loss program id P90X.

Harmony233

Partnersincrime
Feb 1 2013, 09:16 AM
ej may looked as villan but underdog not really when he got away for anything bad he done just simple because they did not hook him up with sami the same way you can not call stefano underdog it apply the same with ej
IA plus EJ had Nicole and Taylor in love with him at one point

blueskies
Member Avatar

Somehow I forgot to comment on THE single most unbelievable moment on Thursday's show. That's right, Sami said she has a friend who works at city hall. A FRIEND. I'd sooner believe she has someone on permanent blackmail.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

BillieD
Feb 1 2013, 08:48 AM
Lately, I've been feeling something's been "off" in the WilSon scenes.
I guess I'm not much of a fan of a romantic relationship between the two.
I've always enjoyed them as friends but see them as kind of dull together... it was nice to see FS come alive in his scenes with Brian. I just love the vibe and sexual energy between the two of them.
While I obviously disagree, and this might not change your opinion (which is fine, of course!), it's worth pointing out that something has been "off" in those scenes -- purposely so. Since the night that Will and Sonny made love for the first time (November 14th), there has been a secret (or two, depending on the time period) looming over their relationship that first prevented Will from being truly carefree when he was with Sonny, then prevented Will and Sonny from being completely carefree when they were together, caused a few fights along the way, and eventually resulted in the temporary split that is currently being played out.

Yes, they were still "happy" together during most of that time, but something was always "off", as you put it -- for Will, it was the weight of keeping such a huge secret from the one person whom he was simply dying to confide in, and for Sonny, it was the secrets -- Will's secret and, eventually, Chad's secret [about Gabi and Andrew] -- and that nagging feeling that something was not quite right.

They haven't had a chance to be completely "on" yet. Even when they reconcile this time, they might still not be able to get to that point right away, because Sonny might start agonizing about keeping Chad's secret from Will at that point.

To me, these are very deliberate acting choices -- just like I believe that Chandler Massey approaches intimacy in his scenes with Freddie Smith in a certain way because Will is inexperienced and still in the early stages of discovering his sexuality. Some other viewers simply believe that Chandler's not comfortable doing love scenes with men, but I disagree. I think that it would be weird to see Will being as confident as or more confident than a character like Sonny or Brian who has been with other guys before, and I think that Chandler is talented and smart enough to realize that. Likewise, I think that Freddie deliberately plays Sonny as the complete opposite of what I've just described. When Freddie casually kissed Chandler's nipple like it was the most natural thing in the world after Will and Sonny made love for the first time, it made complete sense, but if Chandler had done that to Freddie, it wouldn't have (unless, perhaps, he'd played it as an awkward attempt that ended with him accidentally missing the mark and smashing his face into Freddie's armpit or something instead).

But that's just my opinion, and I'm obviously biased.

six
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Feb 1 2013, 09:16 AM
Except that Stefano was never in romantic competition with anyone. It wasn't until santeen, IMO, that it looked like EJ might really have a shot with Sami. Up until then, lumi was getting rooting couple writing. And even after that, things didn't tilt in EJ's favor, so much as balance out.

ETA, you can be the underdog in one story and the projected winner in another. Sami was the underdog for years until she became the center of the brami/lumi triangle.
Edited by six, Feb 1 2013, 09:41 AM.

spartan
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Feb 1 2013, 09:09 AM
spartan
Feb 1 2013, 09:05 AM
Partnersincrime
Feb 1 2013, 09:00 AM
ej is never been the underdog even when sami did not want him

you know it bad writing when sami said she have friend in city hall sami have friends?
Oh, I beg to differ. Back at the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007, EJ was very much the underdog in terms of how they were writing him vs Lumi. It all started to change in May 2007.
how lucas was the one that went to jail for the same thing that EJ tried to do to Lucas.
That's why I specified late 2006 thru about May 2007. After that, we could go back and forth since the writing went back and forth. What you refer to was after that time period. By 2008, when Lucas was in jail, there's no doubt they were ushering Lucas and BD off the show for whatever reason(s).

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Will&Sonny
Feb 1 2013, 08:07 AM
I'm already on record as believing that James Scott is the worst actor on the entire show, but today was a particularly bad day, IMO. Anyway, the official Sir-Blinks-a-Lot blink tally for the day was approximately one hundred thirty-eight blinks (seriously), approximately ninety-eight of which took place before the first commercial break of the episode (again, seriously).
It's probably accurate to say that I'm on the opposite end of the scale that you are...I'm a huge James Scott fan and have been for the past 6 or 7 years. He's the primary reason I've become so blasted addicted to this show.

But having said that...I can't even fathom taking the time to count - much less post about - how many blinks he has in an episode. :laugh:

Lil
Member Avatar

Wednesday's episode was soooo good. (Kristen did the Susan voice!) Today's? Not even close to as good. Chad is only good in CHILL scenes. Amazing. I actually used Chad and Good in the same sentence. But honestly. He is useless unless he is looking at Will homoerotically lol

You know Blinkypuss is having a bad day when Eyebrows is better than him. Not that he was GOOD by any stretch...

I can't stand the SlamPig at all. WHY does AS have to snort like a hog and mouth-breathe after every fucking line she says. And the hyperventilating between kisses is fucking disgusting too.

I do enjoy Abby and Sonny's friendship.

Nick and Kristen were both REALLY good in this episode too.

Gabi is still about as interesting and emotive as a plank of wood.

Lil
Member Avatar

Oh, I also enjoyed the Brian/Sonny scenes. Too bad Brian can't stick around. I really like his character. Very charming and funny.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

six
Feb 1 2013, 09:19 AM
concerned
Feb 1 2013, 01:03 AM
SocRMum1
Jan 31 2013, 11:27 PM
It shocks me that I could go ALL day long, reading about the EJami scenes and getting a very clear idea of what's coming, but when I finally have a chance to sit down and watch I'm still an absolute emotional mess. I would have thought knowing what was coming would have made me less likely to have such a strong reaction but no dice. I was embarrassingly emotional - and loved every, single second of it.

I thought it was written and acted beautifully. I loved that EJ walked into her apartment braced for getting his heart stomped on again and apparently ready to walk away. He was smarting and seemingly at the end of his rope with her fickle behavior. And then Sami started talking...and initially seemed to be digging her hole even deeper. But when she started talking about being scared to death of the way EJ makes her feel, and that something inside her has always drawn her to him, etc. I was dumbfounded and flat out crying. I thought EJ's reaction was fantastic because I think it started as anger and a desperate need to put up a wall - and as she really started opening up a sense of confusion and fear that she couldn't possibly mean what she was saying. James did a fantastic job of just reacting via body language and his eyes - and Ali did a great job with the emotional monologue. By the time she got to the point where she put him on notice that she was going to do whatever it takes to get him to come around because she believes they belong together I was a hump of weeping SocR on the floor. :embarrassed:

I know there were other characters on the show today and I swear I tried, honestly I did!, to pay attention to them but I eventually just had to FF thru to get to the EJami scenes uninterrupted. I'll go back and watch the entire thing during my regular viewing tomorrow AM - but for now I have to say these were unequivocally my favorite EJami scenes in their entire history.
"unequivocally my favorite EJami scenes in their entire history"

Ok colour me surprised.. if I was an EJ and Sami supporter (which I have been and could be again) I would still have thought these scenes were a touch on the disappointing side. In fact I could name several of their scenes that I thought were better even during the Mar Dar reign. I'm not surprised that people love the fact that they look like they might be getting themselves together but I am surprised at the strong emotional connection and the rave reviews for this particular way of them getting back together . I just didn't think these were particularly strong scenes. I'm hoping that things will pick up in the next two days as they celebrate their love and maybe I'll have to eat my words..... ( a couple more spins and the effort to cover up Jame's tattoos and that could get me over the line).

Still at this point in time I'm happy to wager Nicole's first born on the probablility that these scenes won't be making the "top ten ejami moments" in two years time.

PS: I'm not even expecting them to be in the montage collection beyond the next two months.
Well they're really not montage scenes in general, but it's be willing to bet that portions of Sami's confession will be used as a voice over for as long as Ejami montages are being made. I don't think there's ever been a more positive, powerful moment between the two of them.
Exactly. What made these my all time favorite scenes is the fact that it finally - after all these years - was Sami stepping up to pour her heart out to EJ. Not just telling him she wants to be with him but more importantly, admitting that she's always been terrified of the way he makes her feel. My personal take has always been that was the biggest roadblock they faced. I do think it was important to her to get her family's approval - particularly around the vendetta storyline, etc. Even during the awful faux EJami romance in 2010 she and EJ were nervous about going to the pub to face her family and tell them they were getting married. But be that as it may - I loved that Sami finally laid her reasons for having such a hard time accepting her feelings for him and instead chasing after what she perceived to be the safe choice.

I've been saying for ages that my ideal EJami storyline would be Sami having to chase EJ for a while - really have to work to win him back. So while yesterday didn't play out quite that way I also appreciate that EJ didn't expect or want her to grovel. I think he took as long as he did to respond because he was having a hard time wrapping his head around everything she'd said. What he was expecting when he walked into her apartment was a far cry from what it ended up being. So their coming together at the end of the episode was a really nice touch, as far as I was concerned. As schmoopy as I sound saying this, I felt like I was watching them both finally shake off all the baggage and just revel in the realization that they were both finally ready - AT THE SAME TIME! - to move forward together.

So - as much as I love the smutty stuff (and trust me, I am SOOO looking forward to these next couple of days) it has always been the heartfelt conversations that end up being my favorite scenes. Maybe they aren't the best fodder for montages - but that's probably why I've always been more a fan of fanfic rather than videos. ^_^

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Just watched this. The Sami/Gabi scene in the pub was infuriating. Sami didn't even bother to get a recent status update from Will before launching into another tirade against Gabi. And E.J. telling Rafe to make sure he and his sister stay away from Samantha and Will? Gabi and Will aren't even on bad terms right now. This is making me want to pull my hair out. I'm tired of chalking Sami's insufferable, presumptuous, downright STUPID behavior up to "being Sami". She's always been who she is, but she hasn't infuriated me like this in a long time. I can't believe I used to like her. Gabi undoubtedly came out of her exchange with Sami looking like the adult in the room. Now I just want her to stand up to increasingly-psycho Nick the way she did to Sami.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

And any dingbat knows that stress is bad for a pregnant woman. If she really cares that much about her precious grandchild, then she'll put a fork in it from time to time...but we all know she doesn't care about anything or anyone nearly as much as she cares about herself.

Harmony233

JessicaLeigh
Feb 1 2013, 10:42 AM
Just watched this. The Sami/Gabi scene in the pub was infuriating. Sami didn't even bother to get a recent status update from Will before launching into another tirade against Gabi. And E.J. telling Rafe to make sure he and his sister stay away from Samantha and Will? Gabi and Will aren't even on bad terms right now. This is making me want to pull my hair out. I'm tired of chalking Sami's insufferable, presumptuous, downright STUPID behavior up to "being Sami". She's always been who she is, but she hasn't infuriated me like this in a long time. I can't believe I used to like her. Gabi undoubtedly came out of her exchange with Sami looking like the adult in the room. Now I just want her to stand up to increasingly-psycho Nick the way she did to Sami.
IA I'm not even a Gabby fan but this is nowhere near like the kate/sami stuff gabby and will are getting along so far and trying to work something out the fact that sami didn't even talk to will is ridclous sami is coming off as a bully.

elci525
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 1 2013, 08:07 AM
I'm already on record as believing that James Scott is the worst actor on the entire show, but today was a particularly bad day, IMO. Anyway, the official Sir-Blinks-a-Lot blink tally for the day was approximately one hundred thirty-eight blinks (seriously), approximately ninety-eight of which took place before the first commercial break of the episode (again, seriously).
LOL - I so noticed this too. I think it's the first thing I posted about regarding Thursday's show. I also thought he had gotten better at handling this little tic. But boy it was on full display/blast yesterday.

For the poster upthread, Beaker is a Muppet whose mouth looks like a permanent frown, not completely unlike EJ sometimes. Here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

FYI - I am just doing this for informational purposes, not to stir the pot. Just clarifying a question. I can't help myself when it comes to a pop-cultural reference. I jump on them. Obviously EJ doesn't really look anything like this muppet, at all.
Edited by elci525, Feb 1 2013, 11:04 AM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

The E.J./Sami scene was a nicely done love letter from the show to all EJami fans and I'm happy for them. I still think what she said was largely BS, but I have no opposition to the show moving forward with these two. It is better than the alternative. It's time for Rafe to move on to someone better, and I'm not invested in Sami's well-being enough to care that E.J. might do something unconscionable to her again at some point. Maybe they'll turn these two into the new Stefano and Kate, actually in love and always backing each other in their respective schemes. Sami is NO Kate (and E.J., though incredibly pretty, is no Stefano), but it's a parallel that immediately came to mind.

cockymom
Member Avatar

My favorite part of the EJami scenes, and the part that made me jump up and down squealing a little bit, was definitely the kiss. Not because it was some searingly hot kiss, but because the absolute joy on EJ's face was priceless! I thought JS and AS acted this wonderfully. He looked like a man that was not about to jump in the sack, but a man who was finally getting the girl and family that he always wanted. So often their kisses have been about just giving into the lust (which is hot), but the majority of people would give in rather quickly to JS I would think. This time Sami was downright giddy and they were both overcome with the excitement and realization that yes this is finally happening! They sold it, I bought it, and I was very happy with the purchase!
I wouldn't expect those who aren't EJamis to enjoy these scenes. IMO there's not much that could be done to convert Lumi or Safe fans over. I know that the Safe reunion after EJ's blackmail and the more recent one before the wedding did nothing for me. I understand those who don't support this pairing, and their reasoning, I just don't happen to agree with them. I'm as giddy as a school girl right now and I'm going to enjoy this while I can. :cheer:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply