Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 09:36 AM (13,527 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

"There is something in me that just can't stay away from you." - Probably the truest thing Sami said to E.J. Despite all of the despicable things they've done to each other, whether it's been E.J. vs Lucas or E.J. vs Rafe, E.J. has always wound up back in her orbit again. Rafe has always been the winner until now, but I won't deny that something - definitely won't call it love, but some chemical attraction - has always existed between E.J. and Sami. They have a warped dynamic but Stefano and Kate did too (albeit for totally different reasons). Stefano FORCED Kate to marry him, and yet I came to believe in them as a couple.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

I don't want to talk too much about the Ejami scenes. Obviously they weren't my cup of tea and never will be and I shan't ever be proselytized. Ever. And I happen to think the kiss started off very awkwardly, with Sami doing her gasp thing a bit which I always hated, but whatever. It was a total love-letter, wish-fulfillment for the fans, and as a mega fan of a pairing myself, I can understand how wonderful that must feel. So that's great. Really, that is very nice. I didn't love how the writing glossed over the somethings and someones getting in Ejami's way and have no doubt that was done to make the pairing in the moment stick, able to move forward. I get this is a soap opera and that is done, but I still call foul, but whatever. What really infuriated me was Sami fucking apologizing to EJ - there is just no making me feel better about that. But whatever I guess.

I could argue the "there is always something that brings me back to you EJ" could be said by Sami to/about any of her men she returns to at any one time, but whatever. I have admitted there is a strong, dysfunctional pull there that is legit, so I guess that's fine.

I am just happy it happened so I don't have to hear about it not happening. Let them stick and we'll see what transpires or doesn't transpire. Open those flood gates man - I am tired of seeing the show or some controlling force keep trying to plug up the dam. It's exhausting. Just do it and be done with it. Obviously no I don't want EJ and Sami to be it forever and ever. I never will. But if they are it for now and it for awhile, that is fine. Allow some other stories to be told now.
Edited by elci525, Feb 1 2013, 11:15 AM.

esp13
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Feb 1 2013, 11:09 AM
"There is something in me that just can't stay away from you." - Probably the truest thing Sami said to E.J. Despite all of the despicable things they've done to each other, whether it's been E.J. vs Lucas or E.J. vs Rafe, E.J. has always wound up back in her orbit again. Rafe has always been the winner until now, but I won't deny that something - definitely won't call it love, but some chemical attraction - has always existed between E.J. and Sami. They have a warped dynamic but Stefano and Kate did too (albeit for totally different reasons). Stefano FORCED Kate to marry him, and yet I came to believe in them as a couple.
I agree with this. I just wish they would have bothered to actually explore that rather than resulting to vague and unsupported BS for all of her reasons for being with Rafe. I wish the whole damn conversation would have been ABOUT their warped dynamic, not some speech taken from any generic rom com in the world. That's what makes it all so infuriating for me. I remember in 2007 how I was a total EJami fan. I didn't care about the Event, I thought they could make it work if they were just willing to go where they needed to go with the pairing.

But the show never had the guts. Still doesn't. For all the talk of EJami being a supercouple, it kind of cracks me up because they actually had the possibility of being one. But now, they're just another generic couple. There isn't really anything separating them from, I don't know, Brady and Madison, anymore. And when I look back at the potential in 2007, early 2008, that might just be the saddest part.

Lil
Member Avatar

elci525
Feb 1 2013, 11:03 AM
Will&Sonny
Feb 1 2013, 08:07 AM
I'm already on record as believing that James Scott is the worst actor on the entire show, but today was a particularly bad day, IMO. Anyway, the official Sir-Blinks-a-Lot blink tally for the day was approximately one hundred thirty-eight blinks (seriously), approximately ninety-eight of which took place before the first commercial break of the episode (again, seriously).
LOL - I so noticed this too. I think it's the first thing I posted about regarding Thursday's show. I also thought he had gotten better at handling this little tic. But boy it was on full display/blast yesterday.

For the poster upthread, Beaker is a Muppet whose mouth looks like a permanent frown, not completely unlike EJ sometimes. Here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

FYI - I am just doing this for informational purposes, not to stir the pot. Just clarifying a question. I can't help myself when it comes to a pop-cultural reference. I jump on them. Obviously EJ doesn't really look anything like this muppet, at all.
I think Rafe looks like Beaker lol

spartan
Member Avatar

cockymom
Feb 1 2013, 11:04 AM
My favorite part of the EJami scenes, and the part that made me jump up and down squealing a little bit, was definitely the kiss. Not because it was some searingly hot kiss, but because the absolute joy on EJ's face was priceless! I thought JS and AS acted this wonderfully. He looked like a man that was not about to jump in the sack, but a man who was finally getting the girl and family that he always wanted. So often their kisses have been about just giving into the lust (which is hot), but the majority of people would give in rather quickly to JS I would think. This time Sami was downright giddy and they were both overcome with the excitement and realization that yes this is finally happening! They sold it, I bought it, and I was very happy with the purchase!
I wouldn't expect those who aren't EJamis to enjoy these scenes. IMO there's not much that could be done to convert Lumi or Safe fans over. I know that the Safe reunion after EJ's blackmail and the more recent one before the wedding did nothing for me. I understand those who don't support this pairing, and their reasoning, I just don't happen to agree with them. I'm as giddy as a school girl right now and I'm going to enjoy this while I can. :cheer:
I fully realize this is my fangirl talking and she is running amuck at the moment, but for me watching those scenes I think JS and AS were all too happy to act out those scenes. I felt like they were both like "finally! the writers are giving EJami a chance!" I think they've wanted to atleast give them a chance for the fans from what I've heard them say in print and in person over the years.
So yes, I'd like to think those smiles were all too big and natural because of that and after the director yelled "scene!" Ali and James, high fived, gave a fist pump, dropped their mics and exited stage left. :D
Edited by spartan, Feb 1 2013, 11:33 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Lil
Feb 1 2013, 11:29 AM
elci525
Will&Sonny
I'm already on record as believing that James Scott is the worst actor on the entire show, but today was a particularly bad day, IMO. Anyway, the official Sir-Blinks-a-Lot blink tally for the day was approximately one hundred thirty-eight blinks (seriously), approximately ninety-eight of which took place before the first commercial break of the episode (again, seriously).
LOL - I so noticed this too. I think it's the first thing I posted about regarding Thursday's show. I also thought he had gotten better at handling this little tic. But boy it was on full display/blast yesterday.

For the poster upthread, Beaker is a Muppet whose mouth looks like a permanent frown, not completely unlike EJ sometimes. Here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

FYI - I am just doing this for informational purposes, not to stir the pot. Just clarifying a question. I can't help myself when it comes to a pop-cultural reference. I jump on them. Obviously EJ doesn't really look anything like this muppet, at all.
No. Rafe is Sam the Eagle. Come on!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

lysie
Feb 1 2013, 11:37 AM
Lil
Feb 1 2013, 11:29 AM
elci525
Will&Sonny

Posted Image

Posted Image

No. Rafe is Sam the Eagle. Come on!
no doubt...there was once a side by side posted pic of Beaker/Ej and Sam the Eagle/Rafe...it was awesome to see the same expression from the muppet and the character.

AHM

esp13
Feb 1 2013, 11:19 AM
But the show never had the guts. Still doesn't. For all the talk of EJami being a supercouple, it kind of cracks me up because they actually had the possibility of being one. But now, they're just another generic couple. There isn't really anything separating them from, I don't know, Brady and Madison, anymore. And when I look back at the potential in 2007, early 2008, that might just be the saddest part.
Spot on description of what I think has happened with Ejami. Clearly, there is some power behind them when people are in ecstasy over this, I think, pretty bad writing. I wish the show had capitalized better.

Harmony233

AHM
Feb 1 2013, 11:46 AM
esp13
Feb 1 2013, 11:19 AM
Spot on description of what I think has happened with Ejami. Clearly, there is some power behind them when people are in ecstasy over this, I think, pretty bad writing. I wish the show had capitalized better.
I'll never like them but if they had had a good built up ay similar to lumi in 2003 where sami only wanted and loved EJ I might be able to tolerate them but the fact that i don't even know what or who sami wants these days

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ahem.

Posted Image Posted Image

Bee
Member Avatar

I thought James Scott was wonderful yesterday. He was understated and contemplative and let Sween take the lead....which is what was supposed to happen. This was Sami's realization and big confession, not EJ's. What was he supposed to do? Nod and say "uh huh" throughout her whole monologue? Maybe it would have been better if he hugged a pillow and tossed it at her before every commercial break. Or better yet, he could have done a shot of tequila every time she mentioned Rafe's name. There are times to chew the scenery and times to chill the fock out. He was being a good scene partner.

elci525
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 1 2013, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I mean - I was trying to be nice. But it's pretty spot-on ;)

AHM

The EJ/Beaker thing is rather uncanny. There is really a resemblance there. But, you know, I always did think Beaker was kinda hot.

Also, even at the height of my EJami love, the blinking drove me nuts. Why does he have to blink so much? Maybe it's because he usually wears glasses and has to wear contacts for the show and never gets used to them? If nothing else, I'd guess the blinking holds JS back. It's kinda ridiculous. Just stop it, JS!
Edited by AHM, Feb 1 2013, 11:59 AM.

Lil
Member Avatar

LMAO Sam the Eagle! Wowe...I'll never not see that now! I have seen Rafe with the Beaker mouth, though and have actually mentally "meep meep meep"ed through his scenes to get through them on more than one occasion lol

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Finally watching the episode!!

Every scene Kristen is in I just love. The woman is amazing.

I was surprised to hear that Sami has a friend.... wow- I wonder if we'll ever see that friend at City Hall, lol

Could care less about EJ & Rafe in HTS

Love Will's enthusiasm about the sonogram, raising the baby together with Nick & Gabi- all the while Nick is scheming against him,lol !

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Kristen : "That's just how it is with us psychopaths, Brady. I mean we just lie to everyone all the time" :D

Chad!! Freakin' fantastic to see you!! Love that the writers have Abigail sharing scenes with Sonny again, and remembering that he's her cousin too. Ok I didn't think Chad looked at Abigail like a stalker, Cam. He looked at her because he has feelings for her, romantic feelings. Also love that Chad saying the worst thing was that he "destroyed Sonny & Will's relationship"- he's admitting his mistake..

lol, Nick's not saying a whole lot verbally in his scenes with Will, but man his facial expressions say ALOT!

I actually cheered for Gabi when she was laying into Sami!

Ugh, more Rafe & EJ :blah: Zzzzz

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Love hearing that Sonny still loves Will, but that he doesn't trust him. Chad standing behind the counter and listening, oh Chad, lol.

Finally I can pay attention to an EJ scene- Always love Chad & EJ scenes, and EJ's advice to Chad, maybe some foreshadowing??

Kristen is playing hurt and betrayed very well!

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Yes, thank god for some Chad & Abby interaction!! But too darn short..ugh Cameron in the shot between them, and Abby going after him... Just give her some time, Chad. I have faith in you two :)

Wow, look at that smile Sonny got when he saw Brian!! And Brian looking hot! Love to see them laugh and smile

Oh you're good, Kristen! But I already knew that, lol. Brady was getting away, but you reeled him back in like a worm on a hook!

Ugh, Cam & Abby.. Love to hear Abby saying that Chad is making amends..

CHILL!!

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

I'm happy for EJAMI fans, but I just don't believe a word that comes out of Sami's mouth, regarding EJ, Rafe and her. Once again, she bounced from one guy to another in a matter of what- days?

Woo, Kristen & Brady in bed... and was that a smirk from Kristen after she said "It always does" ?

Abby & Cameron talking about Sonny & Will- and probably about themselves, lol.

Ok, I'm getting all giddy just from watching Brian & Sonny- and then to watching Chad & Will. They have an awesome friendship that I love. I'm glad they get to share scenes again, and that Will showed him the sonogram picture and Chad's response! Chad telling Will that he overheard Sonny talking about still loving Will, and Will saying "shouldn't you be out of the eavesdropping business?" lol!

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

All the while Sami's talking, I'm just thinking about Nicole... God I miss her in this episode!

Dang that was some kiss between Brian & Sonny. Generating more heat than Sami & EJ in my opinion! And Will watching from the window door through the blinds...

and now EJAMI are back together...

Highlights for me:

Chad & Abby. Chad & EJ. Chad & Will. Brian & Sonny. Abby & Sonny, Nick & Kristen.
Edited by Oak Alley, Feb 1 2013, 06:25 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply