Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 09:36 AM (13,492 Views)
BeeBee
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 1 2013, 09:36 AM
Somehow I forgot to comment on THE single most unbelievable moment on Thursday's show. That's right, Sami said she has a friend who works at city hall. A FRIEND. I'd sooner believe she has someone on permanent blackmail.
That line from Sami about having a friend made me laugh.I was thinking "Since when?".I was a sporadic viewer before 2009.Has Sami ever had a non relative friend? If so,who?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Feb 2 2013, 08:16 PM
blueskies
Somehow I forgot to comment on THE single most unbelievable moment on Thursday's show. That's right, Sami said she has a friend who works at city hall. A FRIEND. I'd sooner believe she has someone on permanent blackmail.
That line from Sami about having a friend made me laugh.I was thinking "Since when?".I was a sporadic viewer before 2009.Has Sami ever had a non relative friend? If so,who?
Jamie. When she was 16. Since then, no,
Edited by elci525, Feb 2 2013, 08:28 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

I don't blame Gabi for turning down any help Sami offers after the things Sami threw in her face about the help she gave planning the wedding.I don't understand why Sami thinks she can call Gabi a bitch and other names then think Gabi is going to give her access to her child.I can't imagine any mother allowing anyone who bad mouths her to have access to her child.I can't imagine any judge requiring that Gabi allow Sami to have access to the baby after finding out Sami is calling her and her fiance/husband names.Gabi should threaten her.

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Feb 1 2013, 09:19 AM
concerned
Feb 1 2013, 01:03 AM
SocRMum1
Jan 31 2013, 11:27 PM
It shocks me that I could go ALL day long, reading about the EJami scenes and getting a very clear idea of what's coming, but when I finally have a chance to sit down and watch I'm still an absolute emotional mess. I would have thought knowing what was coming would have made me less likely to have such a strong reaction but no dice. I was embarrassingly emotional - and loved every, single second of it.

I thought it was written and acted beautifully. I loved that EJ walked into her apartment braced for getting his heart stomped on again and apparently ready to walk away. He was smarting and seemingly at the end of his rope with her fickle behavior. And then Sami started talking...and initially seemed to be digging her hole even deeper. But when she started talking about being scared to death of the way EJ makes her feel, and that something inside her has always drawn her to him, etc. I was dumbfounded and flat out crying. I thought EJ's reaction was fantastic because I think it started as anger and a desperate need to put up a wall - and as she really started opening up a sense of confusion and fear that she couldn't possibly mean what she was saying. James did a fantastic job of just reacting via body language and his eyes - and Ali did a great job with the emotional monologue. By the time she got to the point where she put him on notice that she was going to do whatever it takes to get him to come around because she believes they belong together I was a hump of weeping SocR on the floor. :embarrassed:

I know there were other characters on the show today and I swear I tried, honestly I did!, to pay attention to them but I eventually just had to FF thru to get to the EJami scenes uninterrupted. I'll go back and watch the entire thing during my regular viewing tomorrow AM - but for now I have to say these were unequivocally my favorite EJami scenes in their entire history.
"unequivocally my favorite EJami scenes in their entire history"

Ok colour me surprised.. if I was an EJ and Sami supporter (which I have been and could be again) I would still have thought these scenes were a touch on the disappointing side. In fact I could name several of their scenes that I thought were better even during the Mar Dar reign. I'm not surprised that people love the fact that they look like they might be getting themselves together but I am surprised at the strong emotional connection and the rave reviews for this particular way of them getting back together . I just didn't think these were particularly strong scenes. I'm hoping that things will pick up in the next two days as they celebrate their love and maybe I'll have to eat my words..... ( a couple more spins and the effort to cover up Jame's tattoos and that could get me over the line).

Still at this point in time I'm happy to wager Nicole's first born on the probablility that these scenes won't be making the "top ten ejami moments" in two years time.

PS: I'm not even expecting them to be in the montage collection beyond the next two months.
Well they're really not montage scenes in general, but I'd be willing to bet that portions of Sami's confession will be used as a voice over for as long as Ejami montages are being made. I don't think there's ever been a more positive, powerful moment between the two of them.
Ok personal taste... but when I have to pick between

" I love you, I love the good in you , I love the bad in you, I love everything in between" vs " I'm glad I finally pulled my shit together to ask you for a chance" I'm going with the former.

NOT THEIR BEST WORK.

concerned
Member Avatar

Lil
Feb 1 2013, 11:29 AM
elci525
Feb 1 2013, 11:03 AM
Will&Sonny
Feb 1 2013, 08:07 AM
I'm already on record as believing that James Scott is the worst actor on the entire show, but today was a particularly bad day, IMO. Anyway, the official Sir-Blinks-a-Lot blink tally for the day was approximately one hundred thirty-eight blinks (seriously), approximately ninety-eight of which took place before the first commercial break of the episode (again, seriously).
LOL - I so noticed this too. I think it's the first thing I posted about regarding Thursday's show. I also thought he had gotten better at handling this little tic. But boy it was on full display/blast yesterday.

For the poster upthread, Beaker is a Muppet whose mouth looks like a permanent frown, not completely unlike EJ sometimes. Here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

FYI - I am just doing this for informational purposes, not to stir the pot. Just clarifying a question. I can't help myself when it comes to a pop-cultural reference. I jump on them. Obviously EJ doesn't really look anything like this muppet, at all.
I think Rafe looks like Beaker lol
Ooohh don;t get me started on Muppets.

But I still stand by Rafe is Sam the Eagle.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

elci525
Feb 2 2013, 08:28 PM
BeeBee
blueskies
There was long lost Madison for a hot minute.

elci525
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Feb 2 2013, 10:46 PM
elci525
BeeBee
blueskies
LOL - oh right. Well. They were friends on the playground, right? Or in school at some point at some time in Sami's past that I am very hazy about...? And yeah they kinda worked together against Kate. But I still stay Jamie was her most recent longish-lasting friend. Not counting Lucas anyway.
Edited by elci525, Feb 2 2013, 11:04 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

mer4santo
elci525
BeeBee
blueskies
How soon we forget.Sami and Madi.That did not last long.With Sami to know her is to loathe her.Did she and Madison make up before Madison died? I can't remember.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Will and Sonny, thank you for going on the record and sharing my opinion that James Scott, as lovely a philanthropist, activist and fan supporter that he is, well he is NOT a fabulous actor. He shined as crazy mean EJ. And then the shine wore off.

I was for years, and EJAMi fan, but circumstances in my own life changed my perspective on this couple compiled by the their repeated mistreatment of one another and Sami's ability to change men at the drop of a hat.

That said, I was very disappointed with the EJAMi reunion, it was in an odd context, and seemed rushed and they seemed out of sync. The love triangle for me kills many a relationship, for in my opinion and experience, you cannot be in love with two men at the same time. Sami cannot possibly mean what she says to EJ, she gave it no thought, we saw no conflict - Ali did cry on cue well, but there was no development. She could not possibly love EJ in the deep tortured way EJAMi fans want her to because she would never have taken this long to make her choice. She fights for custody of Will's unborn child, fiercer than she fights for EJ.

Theories and discussions on message boards do not count, what we saw on screen was awkward and I was unmoved.
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 2 2013, 11:10 PM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

BeeBee
Feb 2 2013, 11:05 PM
mer4santo
elci525
BeeBee

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
How soon we forget.Sami and Madi.That did not last long.With Sami to know her is to loathe her.Did she and Madison make up before Madison died? I can't remember.
I'm not sure that Sami really knows that she's dead.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

elci525
BeeBee
blueskies
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Not even EJ is her friend!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply