Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 09:36 AM (13,667 Views)
cord08

I think Sonny and Brian have way more sexual chemistry than Sonny and Will. There. I said it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bee
Member Avatar

I can't believe what is happening before my very eyes. After almost 7 years, Sami is finally being fucking honest with EJ about her feelings! I think hell hath frozen over.

Hallelujah!

cockymom
Member Avatar

That episode was perfection! I've been waiting a long time for that conversation with Sami and EJ. So glad they let her do the talking and explaining to him how she feels. YAY! Can't wait for tomorrow! :wub2:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm not entirely sure I like how either Alison Sweeney or James Scott played (or DIDN'T play in his case) those scenes. EJ pretty much just sat on the sofa in a state of aphasia for 3 acts. Seriously, for 3 full acts EJ was completely moist-eyed and Beaker-mouthed. Also, I hated how it all sounded like Sami was APPOLOGIZING to EJ for cheating on him? um... what? I don't generally have an opinion one way or another where EJ/Sami are concerned, but it seemed to me that there was a LOT of WTFery in those scenes.

Meanwhile, people will kill me but I think Sonny has more chemistry with Brian than he does with Will. Moreover, Will had more chemistry with whats-his-face his threw up against the wall and drunkenly kissed under the arch. Will & Sonny? not so much. That said, I LOVE that Will/Sonny are getting the same supercouple treatment as other couples.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bee
Member Avatar

So Melissa Salmons wrote this episode too. Damn that girl is GOOD!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jan 31 2013, 02:01 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 31 2013, 01:55 PM
michelle
Jan 31 2013, 01:36 PM
THIS is an episode I will cherish FOREVER! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Seriously stunned they actually went there with Sami's conversation with EJ. I was afraid we'd get EJ shutting her down and telling her it was all okay before we even got an explanation of what she's been doing/feeling for these last few months. But we didn't. We got exactly what I was hoping for. Sami admitting that she was trying to be with Rafe for her family's approval. Sami admitting that she was running from her feelings for EJ. Sami saying that she's going to fight to be with EJ. Just happily stunned that they actually wrote all of this.
I haven't seen the episode yet but did she really say she was trying to be with Rafe for her family's approval? Because that is absolutely, unequivocally, completely and utterly NOT how it played up until the point everyone found out about the true paternity of Gabi's baby and Rafe and Sami turned on each other like foaming-at-the-mouth chihuahuas. Not. Even. Close. Sami was waffling as usual, but if the viewer didn't have any knowledge of spoilers they'd probably think she was making her way back to Rafe.

As previously noted, I don't have a dog in this fight. But I know BS when I smell it.
She actually admitted to EJ that she's been trying to get back together with Rafe since the fall. That floored me too. But today, she exlained why she was trying to get back with him.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 31 2013, 02:05 PM
I don't generally have an opinion one way or another where EJ/Sami are concerned, but it seemed to me that there was a LOT of WTFery in those scenes.
This pretty much epitomizes my sentiments. If E.J. and Sami end up together, fine. In fact, as someone who never particularly cared for EJami or Safe but has come to generally respect Rafe even if I don't always like him, I'll be glad to have him be rid of her. Sami and E.J. can be endgame and live hellishly ever after, but let's not rewrite history to get there.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Oh, and no matter how AS & JS played those scenes, I am glad that they've finally picked a direction for this story to go. I've hated Sami bouncing back and forth between men like Rafe & EJ were brother husbands or something. I did like the decision to have Rafe banging on the door and Sami just ignoring the fuck out of him without even thinking about it.

And I still like Rafe more when he's not up Sami's ass as her romantic interest.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 31 2013, 02:09 PM
JessicaLeigh
tomsawyer
michelle
Seriously stunned they actually went there with Sami's conversation with EJ. I was afraid we'd get EJ shutting her down and telling her it was all okay before we even got an explanation of what she's been doing/feeling for these last few months. But we didn't. We got exactly what I was hoping for. Sami admitting that she was trying to be with Rafe for her family's approval. Sami admitting that she was running from her feelings for EJ. Sami saying that she's going to fight to be with EJ. Just happily stunned that they actually wrote all of this.
I haven't seen the episode yet but did she really say she was trying to be with Rafe for her family's approval? Because that is absolutely, unequivocally, completely and utterly NOT how it played up until the point everyone found out about the true paternity of Gabi's baby and Rafe and Sami turned on each other like foaming-at-the-mouth chihuahuas. Not. Even. Close. Sami was waffling as usual, but if the viewer didn't have any knowledge of spoilers they'd probably think she was making her way back to Rafe.

As previously noted, I don't have a dog in this fight. But I know BS when I smell it.
She actually admitted to EJ that she's been trying to get back together with Rafe since the fall. That floored me too. But today, she exlained why she was trying to get back with him.
I'm totally perplexed by this but I'll try my hardest to reserve judgment until I see how it plays.
Edited by JessicaLeigh, Jan 31 2013, 02:13 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
JessicaLeigh
tomsawyer
michelle

Yes, but if the explanation is that she was doing it for her family's approval, I've got to call B.S. too. There is nothing that has happened since this summer that would indicate she was looking for her family's approval. The only family scenes that I can even think of are Caroline telling Sami she understood what it was like to be torn and Hope being all happy AFTER finding Rafe and Sami half-nekkid.

I'm all good with them putting EJ and Sami together, but this is just more short-cut writing. I'd have a lot more respect if she had said she was chasing after Rafe because she wanted to be the type of person he wanted her to be, but she doesn't want that anymore. That would have made sense. But blaming her family or using them as her excuse makes zero sense given what we've seen onscreen since 2008, her whole entire history, and, quite frankly, her family. The only person allowed to express disapproval of EJ is Kayla and I hardly think Sami's making decisions about her love life based on Kayla's opinions.

It's just so darn frustrating because they could have actually gone there and made this make some kind of sense. But this just sounds like more contrived BS that can be easily forgotten in a few months. Bummer.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
Jan 31 2013, 02:13 PM
tomsawyer
JessicaLeigh
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepFOREVER

I'm totally perplexed by this but I'll try my hardest to reserve judgment until I see how it plays.
I think if you can buy that Sami had been trying to get back together with Rafe because she wanted her family to approve of her pick and because she assumed he was the "good" guy while EJ is the "bad" guy (which is what she said), then I think the scenes will make sense to you. But if you can't buy into that premise, then they will probably play like WTF to you.

At the end of the day, these scenes won't be convincing to anybody who thinks the idea of Ejami being in love is completely laughable because of their history. And even as an Ejami fan, I totally get that perspective. But for fans of the couple or for those that are open to them as a pairing, I think they did probably as good of a job as they could in this moment in making sense of her actions these last few months and making her choice believable.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

BriSon :wub:

I guess the Cameron character change is pretty much him turning into a jerk. I just can't get behind him. I'm rooting for Chad and Abby.

I liked Gabi defending herself against Sami.

Ejami :wub:

peaches179

Matt
Jan 31 2013, 02:05 PM
I'm not entirely sure I like how either Alison Sweeney or James Scott played (or DIDN'T play in his case) those scenes.

I really don't know what happen to James. He has become so boring.

Brady is so hammy. They need to get Kristen out of this story.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

cord08
Jan 31 2013, 02:02 PM
I think Sonny and Brian have way more sexual chemistry than Sonny and Will. There. I said it.
Agreed! Let Will go play house with his baby mama and daughter. Give me more of that Sonny and Brian hotness, preferably in a brand new shower set within Sonny's apartment.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Deverauxfan
Jan 31 2013, 02:26 PM
I guess the Cameron character change is pretty much him turning into a jerk. I just can't get behind him. I'm rooting for Chad and Abby.
I don't think either of these mopes deserve her. One left her for her best friend, and the other left her five minutes after her father died - an event he was present for, no less - rather than be understanding about sex, given the fact that she's a virgin. In the scheme things I guess Cameron is the bigger douchebag though. Chad and Melanie never wanted to hurt Abby, whereas Cameron dumping her was a total jerk move. CD and KM do have good chemistry, but it's hard for me to stomach him falling for her now when they were written as incompatible before. I should probably just let it go and back Chabby, but I'm going to reserve judgment a little while longer on this one.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm not as convinced that Sami's big speech was as much about how she really felt about EJ as it was about how part of the audience feels that she feels about EJ.
Edited by Matt, Jan 31 2013, 02:34 PM.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

I am absolutey DYING to get home and see this one.

It sounds like an EJami fan's wet dream. :wub:

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Jan 31 2013, 02:18 PM
tomsawyer
JessicaLeigh
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepFOREVER

Yes, but if the explanation is that she was doing it for her family's approval, I've got to call B.S. too. There is nothing that has happened since this summer that would indicate she was looking for her family's approval. The only family scenes that I can even think of are Caroline telling Sami she understood what it was like to be torn and Hope being all happy AFTER finding Rafe and Sami half-nekkid.

I'm all good with them putting EJ and Sami together, but this is just more short-cut writing. I'd have a lot more respect if she had said she was chasing after Rafe because she wanted to be the type of person he wanted her to be, but she doesn't want that anymore. That would have made sense. But blaming her family or using them as her excuse makes zero sense given what we've seen onscreen since 2008, her whole entire history, and, quite frankly, her family. The only person allowed to express disapproval of EJ is Kayla and I hardly think Sami's making decisions about her love life based on Kayla's opinions.

It's just so darn frustrating because they could have actually gone there and made this make some kind of sense. But this just sounds like more contrived BS that can be easily forgotten in a few months. Bummer.
Didn't we also get Roman and Marlena making some comments when EJ became her boss at CW too? Regardless, I don't know if we need much in the way of expressed family disapproval since there's a pretty long history of them hating EJ. I think she's pretty safe in her assumption that the Bradys aren't going to be happy about this.

But yeah, I think they should've played up more of the angle that she was trying to be "good" and being good meant picking Rafe. They went that way a little bit with her line about assuming Rafe was the good guy, but I would've like more in that regard. And it would've made even more sense than the family disapproval angle. Overall, I had pretty low expectations for them giving any kind of rationale for her choice, so I was pleasantly surprised we got as good of an explantation as we did. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty good by Days standards IMO.

P.S. I have to agree with Matt that probably the best part was Sami happily kissing EJ and not giving a fuck when Rafe was banging on the door. Especially since we got Rafe in the previous scene smugly telling Nick that Sami wouldn't be a problem because he'd take care of it.

Will&Sonny

Okay, as we all know, I despise E.J., and I will never support a relationship between Sami and E.J., and as far as I'm concerned, everything that she said today was complete and utter bullshit...but I can respect the fact that it's a monumental moment for their fans, and that some of you -- especially those of you who can't watch the episode right now -- will want a transcript of the dialogue, so I'm going to take one for the team.

Starting from the moment that E.J. enters Sami's apartment (for reference, earlier in the episode, Sami called E.J. to say that she needed to talk to him about something, and afterward, E.J. ran into Rafe, who revealed that he and Sami had been planning to reunite after the wedding).

E.J.: "I'm here."

Sami: "Thank you. I mean, you've been so good to me the last couple days. I, uh...."

E.J.: "Is that all?"

Sami: "No. Not hardly. You've been great for a long time now, and that is -- that's why there's something I have to tell you. I guess I should start with last fall...when I told you that I had to stop bouncing back and forth between you and Rafe. Only I didn't stop -- I kept bouncing towards Rafe, and that's the truth. I kept trying with him, even up to New Year's Eve. You took me on this really wonderful, romantic date, and -- and I still ended up kissing him at midnight. And after that, he asked me if we could try again...and I said yes. And he told me that I had to tell you...and I agreed. I -- but I could never do it. And I said it was 'cause I didn't want to hurt you, and I didn't want to get all upset before the wedding...blah, blah, blah. But it just -- I think, now, I was -- I was being selfish. I think there was some smart part of me that was trying to save me. The wedding was a complete disaster, but I saw Rafe. I saw who he really is, and now I think about how I kept trying to make it work with him, and -- and ask why. I mean, was I really that desperate for my family's approval? Was I -- was I that sure he was the good guy, the right choice? I'm sorry. I know this is taking too long, and -- and you don't need to sit here and listen to me talk about Rafe. What I want to say...is there's another reason I didn't tell you...about Rafe. It's because I knew...that if I told you...I would be throwing away you. E.J., I have been such a coward. I have been so afraid...of how you make me feel. But this is right. It feels right. And I think losing you would be the biggest mistake of my whole life. And I deserve it -- I mean, I totally get that I deserve to lose you. But since when has that ever stopped me from asking for what I want? I want you. Am I too late? Do we still have a chance? I'm sorry. I'm sorry -- that wasn't a fair question. You have deserved better from me all along. There has been something between us...from day one. We danced around it, always letting something or someone get in the way, but no matter what we said, no matter what we did, no matter how angry I got...it always comes back to you. There is something in me that just can't stay away from you, and I'm tired of fighting it. You have been patient with me -- more or less -- so now it's my turn. You can tell me off, you can tell me to go to hell, but I'm not giving up. I'm not going anywhere. I am putting you on notice, E.J. -- I'm willing to do what I have to...for as long as it takes...until I get you to come around, because I believe we belong together. [long pause] E.J., you, um -- you have to say something."

E.J.: "As usual, you, um -- you said everything. You may have patience for me, but I'm at the end of my patience with you."

Sami: "And that's totally understandable, so if you'd just give me a chance, if you'd just let me explain --"

E.J.: [invades Sami's personal bubble so that they're touching noses with each other, the way that he always does when he's trying to seduce her, and they kiss and hug each other]

[Rafe starts pounding on the door, yelling that he needs to talk to Sami, but she and E.J. ignore him and continue to kiss.]

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I couldn't get through it. It's so ridiculous. It's watching Martians Attack and comparing it to ET. It's laughable.

I agree Sonny and Brian is better. I but then I don't like Will.
Edited by Aliaron, Jan 31 2013, 02:41 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply