Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 09:36 AM (13,495 Views)
ILoveAGoodDanish
Member Avatar

Sonny and Brian? Oh hell yeah! :whee: im so freaking happy that EJ has turned into a pussy, because I couldnt care less about him and Sami :bye: now all I need is some Eric and Nicole lovin :cupid: :pray:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 31 2013, 02:05 PM
I'm not entirely sure I like how either Alison Sweeney or James Scott played (or DIDN'T play in his case) those scenes. EJ pretty much just sat on the sofa in a state of aphasia for 3 acts. Seriously, for 3 full acts EJ was completely moist-eyed and Beaker-mouthed. Also, I hated how it all sounded like Sami was APPOLOGIZING to EJ for cheating on him? um... what? I don't generally have an opinion one way or another where EJ/Sami are concerned, but it seemed to me that there was a LOT of WTFery in those scenes.

Meanwhile, people will kill me but I think Sonny has more chemistry with Brian than he does with Will. Moreover, Will had more chemistry with whats-his-face his threw up against the wall and drunkenly kissed under the arch. Will & Sonny? not so much. That said, I LOVE that Will/Sonny are getting the same supercouple treatment as other couples.
I love Wilson, but they mostly have cute, "we're friends and lovers" chemistry as opposed to "i want to rip your clothes off" chemistry (the exception possibly being Will's attempt to seduce Sonny this week) while I agree Will had sexual chemistry with Neil and Sonny has some hot rip your clothes of chemistry with Brian. I still remain firmly on Wilson's team, but it's nice to see Sonny tempted by hotness.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

I'm glad they let Gabi stand up for herself against Sami. About time. I hated watching Sami just run all over her and foaming at the mouth and Gabi not being able to say anything back. You know instead of Nick scheming against Will he and Gabi should team up and make Sami's life miserable. Now that would be more fun for me to watch.
Edited by guessgirl, Jan 31 2013, 02:52 PM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 31 2013, 02:38 PM
Okay, as we all know, I despise E.J., and I will never support a relationship between Sami and E.J., and as far as I'm concerned, everything that she said today was complete and utter bullshit...but I can respect the fact that it's a monumental moment for their fans
To me monumental moments are true to character and are not filled with rewrites, if she ran tomorrow into Lucas and begged him back, I wouldn't call that monumental cause it makes no sense. It has to be more than fanwanking to be monumental. And this is fanwanking at its worse.

michelle
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jan 31 2013, 02:47 PM
Will&Sonny
Okay, as we all know, I despise E.J., and I will never support a relationship between Sami and E.J., and as far as I'm concerned, everything that she said today was complete and utter bullshit...but I can respect the fact that it's a monumental moment for their fans
To me monumental moments are true to character and are not filled with rewrites, if she ran tomorrow into Lucas and begged him back, I wouldn't call that monumental cause it makes no sense. It has to be more than fanwanking to be monumental. And this is fanwanking at its worse.
It's fanwanking when we (fans) write/think/post/tweet this way for EJAMI. It's fan-freaking-MONUMENTAL-tastic when the show itself does it.

And that's the diff.

Will&Sonny

Aliaron
Will&Sonny
I completely agree, but I just don't expect their fans to see it that way.

Kenny
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 31 2013, 02:13 PM
Oh, and no matter how AS & JS played those scenes, I am glad that they've finally picked a direction for this story to go.
That's pretty much how I feel. I actually prefer EJ to any of the other men Sami's been with but I'm at a point where I just want both characters to fade into the background together. Hopefully this is the first step of that.

Meanwhile, I'm going to need the writers to step up their game where Kristen is concerned. These little tricks and schemes she's pulling are so not worthy of the character. Leave the juvenile shit to Gabi. The story has stalled and it's spinning its wheels. It's time for the writers to up the ante and take it to the next level -- preferably in a way that makes sense.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Holy rewritten history batman! Why was Sami apologizing to EJ? I'm happy for EJami fans, but lawdy....at least keep their history correct. EJ was a horrible person. He may have "changed", but he DID rape her and torture Rafe.

Sickening.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

As to the rest of the episode...

It was great to see Gabi stand up to Sami. She was totally right that Sami was attacking her for no reason and is being completely irrational about this. I've been waiting for Gabi to get a backbone so it was a nice change. I wonder if we will start to see it with Nick too?

The Bristen scenes were great too. I really like how well ED plays off Kristen's actions because she has me guessing if Kristen is just manipulating with Brady (which she does so well with the "us against the world" stuff) or if she is actually starting to care about it. I totally buy into and like where I assume they're going with this couple. I just wish they'd get the story moving.

The writing has made me a WilSon fan, but I have to admit that Sonny and Brian's chemistry is waaaay hotter. That kiss was smokin'! And I can't believe we couldn't see Will's reaction. Major directing fail!

Ejafe fight was good. For once, they both had reason to be smug. It was quite delicious to see Rafe assume Sami wouldn't tell EJ the truth and then later, when talking with Nick, assume that he could handle the Sami issue. It's looking like Rafe doesn't know this current incarnation of Sami so well.

I like Chabby's chemistry so much better than Camby's (or whatever we're supposed to call them). I at least like them well enough to be interested in where this story is going.

Nick continues to be awesome (in a bad way of course). He's so smart in always seizing upon the opportunity when it's presneted and he was manipulating the Hernandi perfectly today. Oh and I believe that Nick thinks he's doing it for the right reasons, but he's still manipulating. Bringing up keeping Will out of the baby's life to Gabi when she was upset with Sami. And then bringing up how Sami is the problem to Rafe. Well played, Nick, well played.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Sami's monologue didn't ring of truth. It felt manufactured for the story to progress so I can't really take her at her word.

Brian is all kinds of cute!

Go Gabi sticking up for yourself and taking Sami down a notch with the sonogram news that Will was a part of that moment.

Nick is such a devil. He's going to turn this into a huge war. I don't know how smart he is if he thinks he can push women like Sami and Kate out of the picture now.

I liked Rafe being able to have some ammunition when Ej gloated about his 'special bond' with Sami. How do you like them apples Ej?

I'm looking forward to John coming back and the Brady/Kristen story moving forward.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Kenny
Jan 31 2013, 02:55 PM
Matt
Jan 31 2013, 02:13 PM
Oh, and no matter how AS & JS played those scenes, I am glad that they've finally picked a direction for this story to go.
That's pretty much how I feel. I actually prefer EJ to any of the other men Sami's been with but I'm at a point where I just want both characters to fade into the background together. Hopefully this is the first step of that.

Meanwhile, I'm going to need the writers to step up their game where Kristen is concerned. These little tricks and schemes she's pulling are so not worthy of the character. Leave the juvenile shit to Gabi. The story has stalled and it's spinning its wheels. It's time for the writers to up the ante and take it to the next level -- preferably in a way that makes sense.
They slow burned the kristen s/l so much that the flame is whimpering out. They need to really just go all out with the story line. Move it to the focus point along with the baby story line (if they must).

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

michelle
Jan 31 2013, 02:51 PM
Aliaron
Will&Sonny
It's fanwanking when we (fans) write/think/post/tweet this way for EJAMI. It's fan-freaking-MONUMENTAL-tastic when the show itself does it.

And that's the diff.
You complete me. :wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

peaches179

Kenny

ICAM. I'm losing interest quickly.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Sami losing EJ would be the worst mistake of her life?? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Sami tried to kill EJ at one point, or did the writers just conveniently forget that?
I agree with those that said that the writers are basically giving the EJamis what they've wanted, even though it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if EJ & Sami broke up in a month or two, like they always do. Sami has always been one to say she's madly in love with whoever it is she happens to be with at the moment.
I don't believe for a moment that Sami's been trying to get back together with Rafe for months while secretly pining for EJ in the depths of her heart. She was 30 seconds away from sleeping with Rafe the morning of Nick & Gabi's wedding, & less than a day later hated him & was "realizing her true feelings" for EJ. Please!

ETA: EJ should be evil and manipulating Sami and using her being infatuated with him to his advantage to get what he wants. this good guy EJ is OOC.
Edited by Supergirlx2, Jan 31 2013, 03:17 PM.

AHM

If I were still a raging Ejami fan, I would be disappointed with this, based on reading it, as I haven't seen it.

I stopped caring about Ejami when it seemed they simply really never did have the love I kept thinking was there. I imagined Sami was denying it (for some of the reasons she does state in this episode), but I couldn't believe that anymore after she couldn't push away her apparent passion for Rafe and macked on him in the locker room while engaged to EJ and then proceeded to shoot EJ in the head and then to seem really quite pleased with having done so, with no hint of inner anguish over it. (I never minded her shooting him, really. I could have bought that as an attempt on her part to kill something inside herself by killing him, but then the aftermath never played, and that was too bad.) Then it was back to Lucas for a minute. (By the way, though I loved EJami for a time, I could have gone for Lumi if the show had really gone for it, which it didn't). At this point, I just don't think I can take Sami's "love" for anyone seriously. As for EJ, his insta-love for Taylor and his seeming love for Nicole during marriage #2 kinda messed up my whole perception of EJ as this guy who doesn't even really want to be good, but who has one thing he can't shake that holds him back from being a complete monster, and that's his love for one woman (Sami). I like that EJ, but unfortunately, that hasn't been who he is for the past two years, and I stopped being able to fanwank it. At this point, I don't care if it's EJ and Sami or EJ and a bus ticket out of Salem. I don't care who either of them end up with. They never got strong enough writing for me to buy this now. I do think they had massive potential, and I think that still could have been tapped into, but it seems to me it was wasted in this episode. I think EJ and Sami needed a complete rebuild to be viable again. I think they needed to get a slow build back to each other, complete with all the lovely angst, including really dealing with rape and attempted murder. But it sounds like they just got the insta treatment with this episode. Yes, I know it's been six years coming, but the way it was handled sounds insta to me. Where's the story here? It sounds like they skipped it and hit "happily together" already. But whatever. Y'all know I just want my Jack/Matt Ashford back. :)

AFaithL

peaches179
Jan 31 2013, 03:07 PM
Kenny

ICAM. I'm losing interest quickly.
Seriously. I am officially bored with Kristen. Either have her do some seriously shady things where she is EXPOSED and given a comeuppance....or have her fall madly in love with Brady FOR REAL and give Bristen a true "us against the world" storyline. Like, Bristen v Stefano....Kristen defies her father to be with the man she loves. Kristen and Brady go "on the run" when Stefano starts making threats. Bristen have a baby. (Cause, well, I want Brady to legitimately become a father and have a baby that bonds Bristen). Right now they've fucked Kristen up so much that I am rapidly losing interest in her character.

Will, cut your hair.

Will&Sonny

I didn't want to let my personal feelings invade the transcript, but that won't stop me from picking it apart in a separate post.

"[H]e told me that I had to tell you...and I agreed. I -- but I could never do it."

There was never any indication of this on-screen.

"And I said it was 'cause I didn't want to hurt you, and I didn't want to get all upset before the wedding...blah, blah, blah. But it just -- I think, now, I was -- I was being selfish. I think there was some smart part of me that was trying to save me."

So some part of you was supposedly saying that it would be best to dump Rafe in favor of a man who has raped you, made it possible for another man to rape you, kidnapped one of your children, faked that child's death, forced you to tell another child that you no longer loved him, blackmailed your son and used his sexuality against him, and committed a litany of other atrocities against you and your loved ones...and you're choosing to refer to that as the smart part of you?

"The wedding was a complete disaster, but I saw Rafe. I saw who he really is, and now I think about how I kept trying to make it work with him, and -- and ask why."

Oh, I don't know -- because when you actually love someone, you try to make it work? Just a wild guess.

"I mean, was I really that desperate for my family's approval?"

Considering that we never saw any indication of that on-screen, I'm going with, "No."

"Was I -- was I that sure he was the good guy, the right choice?"

Considering that we saw many indications of that on-screen, I'm going with, "Yes."

"I'm sorry. I know this is taking too long[...]"

Yes, it is.

"[...]and -- and you don't need to sit here and listen to me talk[...]"

No, I really don't, but you're making me do it anyway.

"What I want to say...is there's another reason I didn't tell you...about Rafe. It's because I knew...that if I told you...I would be throwing away you."

Bullshit.

"[T]his is right. It feels right."

That's funny -- it feels appallingly wrong to me. :shrug:

"And I think losing you would be the biggest mistake of my whole life."

Keeping him would be the biggest mistake of your life, but fine, go with your version and see where that gets you.

"There has been something between us...from day one. We danced around it[...]"

Yeah, it's called rape, and you certainly have danced around it -- and you still are, for that matter.

"[...]always letting something or someone get in the way, but no matter what we said, no matter what we did, no matter how angry I got...it always comes back to you. There is something in me that just can't stay away from you, and I'm tired of fighting it. You have been patient with me -- more or less -- so now it's my turn. You can tell me off, you can tell me to go to hell, but I'm not giving up. I'm not going anywhere."

This dialogue (and much of the previous dialogue) could have been applied to Rafe or Lucas just as easily as it was applied to E.J.

But whatever. I really couldn't care less about any of Sami's potential pairings or anything that involves E.J., so as far as I'm concerned, Delusional Sami and Pretending-To-Be-a-Changed-Man E.J. can go live happily ever after in that place that all happy couples travel to -- the off-screen back burner.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 31 2013, 03:29 PM.

AFaithL

Deverauxfan
Jan 31 2013, 02:26 PM

I'm rooting for Chad and Abby.

Ditto. I go where the chemistry is....not who the show is trying to pimp at the moment

John and Marlena (no gaggle of interlopers)
Chad and Abby ( no Cameron)
Brady and Kristen (no Kristen using him)
Daniel and Chloe (no Jennifer) - and this is likely to fail. I don't hate Jen, I just find her and Dan very boring

Oh, and reunite Kate and Victor. Give Victor back his balls.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

WillFan
Jan 31 2013, 01:19 PM
Brian kissing Sonny.
http://i.imgur.com/BpdaXk5.png
Warning: This screencap may induce vomiting

That is seriously hot, but I do love to see two men kissing! I've not seen the episode yet, but just by that screencap- I'd say it's fantastic to have you back, Brian!

I can not wait to see Chabby & the BriSon scenes. And #fail that we didn't get to see Will's reaction. I'm not an Ejami fan, but it's always nice to read postitive comments on someone's favorite couple!!

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I don't think this is the end of Safe. Because this is not how you end a couple. This is how you add drama in the middle of a couple. It felt like a big spite moment. It did not feel like a moving on moment. When you end one couple and begin another, you're supposed to feel that.

If this is how they are ending Safe, it shows a lack of respect for those fans. Just like they have done J&J and everyone else. Why does this show feel it necessary to rewrite and break characters in order to create? Good television is believable even when its improbable. This does not feel believable. (and I am no Safe fan)

Edited by Aliaron, Jan 31 2013, 03:53 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply