Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 09:36 AM (13,500 Views)
Panda

Supergirlx2
Jan 31 2013, 05:53 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 05:47 PM
Panda
Jan 31 2013, 04:28 PM
I have to disagree with what someone mentioned by us not seeing on screen that Sami didn't want to tell EJ about her and Rafe. I know that I had previously mentioned in another thread that Rafe practically had to force Sami to break up with EJ, which is why I found the sudden giddiness over her Rafe choice to be jarring. I did see that others noted it too.

Did they delve into the rape, shooting, etc, no, but when do they do that type of thing with anyone? I don't remember Safe having any type of in depth discussion prior to them getting back together for that nano-second before Sami found out about the Nicole baby lie. It was simply, Rafe is suddenly in love with Sami again because Carrie said so on her way out of town despite the fact that we saw him completely over her and wanting a life with Carrie before she got pregnant. Sami all of a sudden wanting Rafe again despite us being shown that she was totally over him and completely into EJ while playing Lucas. Then bam, they are all in love again out of nowhere, without any type of conversation at all.

Everyone wanted them to end this triangle, at least for now and pick a direction and they did. I don't think anyone that doesn't support the couple will like it and that includes me, but I can acknowledge that the show tried to give some type of explanation for her behavior and feelings, and that's more than we usually get.
No ONLY reason that Sami didn't tell Ej about Rafe was because she got interrupted by Johnny TWICE. It's stupid....they can't even remember what they wrote 2 weeks ago.
they pick & choose which parts of history they want to remember and which they want to conveniently forget or rewrite to make it fit with whatever plot point they're trying to make and who they're trying to write for. TPTB must think that fans are stupid. They should take a moment & ask some of the actors who have been there for years and years how much their character's die hard fans know about their character's history off the top of their heads. Soap fans don't forget what their favorite characters have been through.
Rafe told her that she had to tell EJ about them. It's not like she immediately got all excited and ran off to spread the good news. When she told Will about it, she asked him not to say anything. Rafe even had to ask her again at the church if she had told EJ yet, only to be told no. Yes, Johnny interrupted, but in the past she wouldn't have cared what else was going on. She would told Johnny to go to his room because she had to talk to daddy and gleefully thrown it in his face. I guess I didn't word what I meant to say very well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

Partnersincrime
Jan 31 2013, 06:07 PM
Supergirlx2
Jan 31 2013, 05:53 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 05:47 PM
Panda
Jan 31 2013, 04:28 PM
I have to disagree with what someone mentioned by us not seeing on screen that Sami didn't want to tell EJ about her and Rafe. I know that I had previously mentioned in another thread that Rafe practically had to force Sami to break up with EJ, which is why I found the sudden giddiness over her Rafe choice to be jarring. I did see that others noted it too.

Did they delve into the rape, shooting, etc, no, but when do they do that type of thing with anyone? I don't remember Safe having any type of in depth discussion prior to them getting back together for that nano-second before Sami found out about the Nicole baby lie. It was simply, Rafe is suddenly in love with Sami again because Carrie said so on her way out of town despite the fact that we saw him completely over her and wanting a life with Carrie before she got pregnant. Sami all of a sudden wanting Rafe again despite us being shown that she was totally over him and completely into EJ while playing Lucas. Then bam, they are all in love again out of nowhere, without any type of conversation at all.

Everyone wanted them to end this triangle, at least for now and pick a direction and they did. I don't think anyone that doesn't support the couple will like it and that includes me, but I can acknowledge that the show tried to give some type of explanation for her behavior and feelings, and that's more than we usually get.
No ONLY reason that Sami didn't tell Ej about Rafe was because she got interrupted by Johnny TWICE. It's stupid....they can't even remember what they wrote 2 weeks ago.
they pick & choose which parts of history they want to remember and which they want to conveniently forget or rewrite to make it fit with whatever plot point they're trying to make and who they're trying to write for. TPTB must think that fans are stupid. They should take a moment & ask some of the actors who have been there for years and years how much their character's die hard fans know about their character's history off the top of their heads. Soap fans don't forget what their favorite characters have been through.
they wrote it for ej and sami fans that does not care and actually want the bad stuff will be forgotten They did not write it for those nonshiper of them and yes the writers do thinks the viewes are stupid of anything they wrote on sami in last few years prove that
i would hate for history to have to be rewritten just so my couple could/would make sense being together. I'm no fan of EJami, but this goes for any couple. Bo & Hope's history/actions/characters were modified to try to make Bo being with Carly make sense.
Changing history to make it fit what the writers want never works out in the end. Sure, shippers might be happy for a short period of time, but eventually everyone gets annoyed with the manipulation.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

supercool74
Jan 31 2013, 05:02 PM
Okay, I admit that Brian and Sonny's kiss was pretty hot. But I don't like Brian. I don't care how hot or how much chemistry they have. I'm Team WilSon. Brian is a jerk. I still think Will and Sonny have chemistry themselves, and I hope that they have a passionate reunion to prove this. And yes, I am biased. ;)
I agree. The kiss between Brian and Sonny was definitely hot and passionate. But Brian will prove to be untrustworthy because he will try to get Sonny into bed and when Sonny refuses Brian will lie to Will and say that he did. When Sonny finds out about the lie he will know just what kind of person he is. Will did not cheat on Sonny. When he slept with Gabby he and Sonny were not together yet. Will has never even looked st another guy since he and Sonny have been together. I know that when this is all said and done that Will and Sonny will be together again and Brian will be history.

concerned
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jan 31 2013, 06:21 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 31 2013, 05:51 PM
Brian's hot...even with the scarf.

I think Sami has on a Tory Burch sweater I tried on.
I'm pretty sure I own Brian's scarf.
Their are other parts of Brian I'ld prefer to "own" than his scarf.

But the scarf is nice too.

concerned
Member Avatar

Oh and while we are talking scarves.

Loving Chill ... hope they can work their way back to being friends.

" shouldn't you be out of the eavesdropping business?" :D

gailwinters
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 31 2013, 07:07 PM
gailwinters
Jan 31 2013, 06:21 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 31 2013, 05:51 PM
Brian's hot...even with the scarf.

I think Sami has on a Tory Burch sweater I tried on.
I'm pretty sure I own Brian's scarf.
Their are other parts of Brian I'ld prefer to "own" than his scarf.

But the scarf is nice too.
It really is! I got it for Christmas and I love it. :P
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

team Gabi all the way; Sami's a major biotch.

Is it wrong I'm wishing Sami mute again? Maybe Kristen can push her thru those french doors in the DiMansion...

blueskies
Member Avatar

I can't even put into words how utterly annoying Sami is in these scenes with Gabi. Like, I want Austin to run her over again after she falls thru the DiMansion doors again.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I feel for ya Gabi, it's tough having a vindictive narcissist as a baby-daddy's mother.

Harmony233

blueskies
Jan 31 2013, 07:25 PM
I can't even put into words how utterly annoying Sami is in these scenes with Gabi. Like, I want Austin to run her over again after she falls thru the DiMansion doors again.
LOL I'm no GAbby fan but what SAmi did at that age can't be compared.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Jan 31 2013, 07:28 PM
blueskies
That's my point, lol. Sami's acting like a complete psycho here with Gabi when Gabi hasn't even done anything. I don't even think Kate is this crazy, lol.

Harmony233

blueskies
Jan 31 2013, 07:30 PM
Harmony233
Jan 31 2013, 07:28 PM
blueskies
That's my point, lol. Sami's acting like a complete psycho here with Gabi when Gabi hasn't even done anything. I don't even think Kate is this crazy, lol.
LOL Kate I can almost understand she is alway been obessed with her childrens lives ecspecially her sons sami has never have been so it comes off false and considering she hadn't even talked to will before she came off as a loon

blueskies
Member Avatar

aww, i could just melt into Brian's eyes :wub:

blueskies
Member Avatar

pretty sure Gabi just stuffed a basket ball up her shirt...

blueskies
Member Avatar

i'm SO glad Rafe sees Sami has the maturity level of a psychotic 12-yr-old.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Sami just admit, you didn't want to tell EJ b/c you're exactly like Bill Hendrickson, you want multiple husbands. One man's attention isn't near enough for you.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

The short Chill scene was really terrific. I also like that the current regime remembers that Abigail loves both Will and Sonny. I also liked that EJ asked his brother about wedding details.

Brian is incredibly hot, and part of me is sad he's a jerk. Because, he's hot. And charming. And he adores Sonny. I still love Wilson, but damn, Will must be amazing in the sack if Sonny can resist Brian.

blueskies
Member Avatar

i'm sorry, i'm so sorry, but these scenes with Sami are really making me roll my eyes. Like yeah, totally Sami, I totally see why you want EJ and you've always wanted him. Like, I could totally tell it was love when you shot him in the head. And I totally saw the love when you found out he was behind Rafe2. And I also totally saw the love when you threw Grace's death in his face and stormed out with Johnny and Sydney when you found out he was behind the Sydnapping part 2. And I also TOTALLY saw the love after Johnny's conception. Yup, now how about that bridge you wanted to sell in Arizona?

blueskies
Member Avatar

okay, this Kristen storyline just went from awesome revenge to impending doom in about 3 eppis. Feeling sad....

blueskies
Member Avatar

:o Brian and Sonny! Brian and Sonny! :makeout: :cheer:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply