Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 09:36 AM (13,259 Views)
concerned
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 31 2013, 07:43 PM
Sami just admit, you didn't want to tell EJ b/c you're exactly like Bill Hendrickson, you want multiple husbands. One man's attention isn't near enough for you.
and move to Utah.

Apologies to all fabulous Utahians out there.... I just want her to continue her band of merry men off screen.
Edited by concerned, Jan 31 2013, 08:04 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Quote:

Brian is incredibly hot, and part of me is sad he's a jerk.

How is Brian a jerk?
Edited by Deverauxfan, Jan 31 2013, 08:10 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

spartan
Jan 31 2013, 06:14 PM
spartan
Jan 31 2013, 05:52 PM
lysie
Jan 31 2013, 09:36 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Is this my beloved Pocket? :wub:
EEEEEEEEEEE! :wub: He has more color in his face than I remember. That's what threw me for a minute. That and he looks bigger being that no one is holding him.

CUTEST.BABY.EVER on Days.

Don't disagree with me. It's no use.
Sparty, don't make me get into it with you again over Pocket vs. Original Recipe Parker. Pocket was cute, but Parker was BEAUTIFUL!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I was really disappointed to see that Melissa Salmons was today's script writer. I usually like her scripts, no matter the story, but I thought today was pretty bad all around.

The worst part was Nick "finding out" about Lucas shooting EJ. Seriously? And while Nick was annoying before, I agree that in the beginning all of the main characters in that story were sort of sharing the blame, but now he's straight up the villain. And it's kind of weird.

I would really like it if today was the last day GG and JS ever work together. They're both so differently bad...it's just not a good mix, and I can't imagine whoever thought it would be.

Sami might as well cut of her nose and call herself Kate. Except at least when Kate was doing it, the other person really was trying to pull something over on her. Sami's just a badly dressed bully.

Both Bristen and Ejami were good examples of what I've been complaining about lately. A conflict starts at the end of one episode or the beginning of the episode and is over by the end of the day. I don't want things dragging weeks, but my gosh. A few days never killed anyone.

The Ejami scenes were so badly acted that it was laughable. And not a single thing Sami said was based on anything that's actually happened on the show. If I thought this would lead to them being backburned like most couples who get together, I'd be thrilled, but I just doubt it.

I just will never understand why this show can't write like they're aware of other things they've written that just aired. Days has so much history to pull from, and if they'd just use it instead of glossing over it and making up something else when they decide to go in another direction, the show would be a million times better.

lysie
Member Avatar

Oh, and Brian gets on my nerves. He's too smiley.

Serenity 808

It's nice to see that we're getting more of the real Sami (especially when she said that part of her being with Rafe was to win her family's approval), and her speech to EJ is what I've been waiting for a long time, but it's still a bit hard to buy because when she said she saw who Rafe really was, I was confused. Does she mean that she finally saw Rafe for being judgmental and for trying to mold her into who he wanted her to be? It would've been nice if that were expanded upon.

As much as those scenes made me happy, I'm not going to hold my breath for a long-term EJami romance just yet because she's so fickle.

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

I still can't comprehend how ejami's scenes ignored any of their history. Odd.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

You know that feeling you get when you've wanted something for years? And you never seem to get it, or if you do it's ruined before it plays out? You just keep waiting for better times and commiserating with others who feel the same way, it just kind of keeps going on in an endless circle of suck, until one day you start hearing good news. After a while it actually starts appearing on your screen, that change you'd been hoping to see for what seems like a never-ending amount of time. So it keeps getting better and you get to the point where you start pinching yourself until finally, my god finally, your favorite soap character of all time says the kind of stuff you've always wanted her to say, but a million times better than you could ever imagine Days writing it. Stuff about how she's always been desperate to seek her family's approval but in the end, it always comes back to this one man. Despite all the mutual pain and suffering they've put each other through, there's just something there that refuses to go away, and she doesn't want to fight it anymore. So as you're watching this minor miracle you cry, and cry, and cry from happiness for hours on end and wind up with the mother of all headaches because of it?

Nothing remotely like that is happening to me right now.

lysie
Member Avatar

EJamandBread
Jan 31 2013, 08:24 PM
I still can't comprehend how ejami's scenes ignored any of their history. Odd.
It didn't mention any of it, and what she did mention didn't happen on screen. :shrug: It's exactly what happened when they had their talk in 2008.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Serenity 808
Jan 31 2013, 08:20 PM
It's nice to see that we're getting more of the real Sami (especially when she said that part of her being with Rafe was to win her family's approval), and her speech to EJ is what I've been waiting for a long time, but it's still a bit hard to buy because when she said she saw who Rafe really was, I was confused. Does she mean that she finally saw Rafe for being judgmental and for trying to mold her into who he wanted her to be? It would've been nice if that were expanded upon.

As much as those scenes made me happy, I'm not going to hold my breath for a long-term EJami romance just yet because she's so fickle.
I guess I still don't understand why she claims she was with Rafe to win her family's approval. It's not like she has a history of relationships her family approved of.

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Supergirlx2
Jan 31 2013, 05:53 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 05:47 PM
Panda
Jan 31 2013, 04:28 PM
I have to disagree with what someone mentioned by us not seeing on screen that Sami didn't want to tell EJ about her and Rafe. I know that I had previously mentioned in another thread that Rafe practically had to force Sami to break up with EJ, which is why I found the sudden giddiness over her Rafe choice to be jarring. I did see that others noted it too.

Did they delve into the rape, shooting, etc, no, but when do they do that type of thing with anyone? I don't remember Safe having any type of in depth discussion prior to them getting back together for that nano-second before Sami found out about the Nicole baby lie. It was simply, Rafe is suddenly in love with Sami again because Carrie said so on her way out of town despite the fact that we saw him completely over her and wanting a life with Carrie before she got pregnant. Sami all of a sudden wanting Rafe again despite us being shown that she was totally over him and completely into EJ while playing Lucas. Then bam, they are all in love again out of nowhere, without any type of conversation at all.

Everyone wanted them to end this triangle, at least for now and pick a direction and they did. I don't think anyone that doesn't support the couple will like it and that includes me, but I can acknowledge that the show tried to give some type of explanation for her behavior and feelings, and that's more than we usually get.
No ONLY reason that Sami didn't tell Ej about Rafe was because she got interrupted by Johnny TWICE. It's stupid....they can't even remember what they wrote 2 weeks ago.
they pick & choose which parts of history they want to remember and which they want to conveniently forget or rewrite to make it fit with whatever plot point they're trying to make and who they're trying to write for. TPTB must think that fans are stupid. They should take a moment & ask some of the actors who have been there for years and years how much their character's die hard fans know about their character's history off the top of their heads. Soap fans don't forget what their favorite characters have been through.
You do bring up a good point. There is no way in hell that I actually believed that either Zack or Ciara are Bope's kids based on what actually happened onscreen at the time (that bullshit flashback of Bo as the mime to explain how in the hell he was anywhere near Hope when Zack was conceived is pretty high on top of my list of lames retcons ever). That being said, it's a soap so I've learned to deal with the fact that crazy shit happens to suit the plot at any given moment. If I want consistency and continuity, I can get my fix elsewhere.

lysie
Member Avatar

AngelOB
Jan 31 2013, 08:38 PM
Supergirlx2
Jan 31 2013, 05:53 PM
LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 05:47 PM
Panda
Jan 31 2013, 04:28 PM
I have to disagree with what someone mentioned by us not seeing on screen that Sami didn't want to tell EJ about her and Rafe. I know that I had previously mentioned in another thread that Rafe practically had to force Sami to break up with EJ, which is why I found the sudden giddiness over her Rafe choice to be jarring. I did see that others noted it too.

Did they delve into the rape, shooting, etc, no, but when do they do that type of thing with anyone? I don't remember Safe having any type of in depth discussion prior to them getting back together for that nano-second before Sami found out about the Nicole baby lie. It was simply, Rafe is suddenly in love with Sami again because Carrie said so on her way out of town despite the fact that we saw him completely over her and wanting a life with Carrie before she got pregnant. Sami all of a sudden wanting Rafe again despite us being shown that she was totally over him and completely into EJ while playing Lucas. Then bam, they are all in love again out of nowhere, without any type of conversation at all.

Everyone wanted them to end this triangle, at least for now and pick a direction and they did. I don't think anyone that doesn't support the couple will like it and that includes me, but I can acknowledge that the show tried to give some type of explanation for her behavior and feelings, and that's more than we usually get.
No ONLY reason that Sami didn't tell Ej about Rafe was because she got interrupted by Johnny TWICE. It's stupid....they can't even remember what they wrote 2 weeks ago.
they pick & choose which parts of history they want to remember and which they want to conveniently forget or rewrite to make it fit with whatever plot point they're trying to make and who they're trying to write for. TPTB must think that fans are stupid. They should take a moment & ask some of the actors who have been there for years and years how much their character's die hard fans know about their character's history off the top of their heads. Soap fans don't forget what their favorite characters have been through.
You do bring up a good point. There is no way in hell that I actually believed that either Zack or Ciara are Bope's kids based on what actually happened onscreen at the time (that bullshit flashback of Bo as the mime to explain how in the hell he was anywhere near Hope when Zack was conceived is pretty high on top of my list of lames retcons ever). That being said, it's a soap so I've learned to deal with the fact that crazy shit happens to suit the plot at any given moment. If I want consistency and continuity, I can get my fix elsewhere.
I agree with the sentiment, but it's a little different when it's something concrete. I mean, that's (the paternity switches) a straight up rewrite. When it comes to something like character motivation there's no way to make that kind of rewrite stick. I mean, it can stick on screen, but not in everyone's heads. It's the kind of writing that leads to years and years of fights where online where everyone is right and everyone is wrong. It's just so stupid when they could just write it better in the first place and make the same people happy plus other people. And today, this doesn't just apply to EJ and Sami. There was the same kind of WTFery in the Nick scenes.

deletemyaccountplease

If Sami said this FOUR YEARS AGO

I'd be soooo happy!!!!!

Too late, bitch

deletemyaccountplease

I agree Samis convo with ej is all kinds of wtf where did this come from

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

I thought today was wonderful and not just the ejami parts, though that did leave me a teary, snot bubbly mess. :laugh:

Sami looked gorgeous today. I LOVED how she went Kate mode on Gabi. She went from slighty scary, to heartfelt over the sonogram to being overbearing about getting things handled before it was born. It was WONDERFUL!!! I knew Sami was bound to end up this way. It did my heart good.

Bristen were interesting too. For a second, I thought Brady was going to have the blinders off of his eyes. Then right around the time I remembered he is John's son was when Bristen started kissing again. :shame: Poor boy is sprung.

Will/Sonny/Brian was delicious! I'm glad Brian is back in the fold. He is too hot to get no screentime. That kiss with Sonny :wow: but then my heart broke in a millian pieces when Will saw them.

Rafe/EJ spat was ok butdoesn't compare to Ejucas. Good times. :wub: Rafe is still a douche. Good to know. He reveled in popping EJ's bubble. I can't wait for him to get what's coming to him.

Sami's heartfelt confession to EJ was beautiful. She was open and honest to him and I admit I got teary eyed several times. She said everything I always wanted her to say. It was 7 years later but better late than never! EJ not saying anything and seeing his face throughout her speech was tough to take. The part when Sami thought she lost him and EJ held her and put his forehead to hers, yep the tears were flowing from me... and a few fist pumps. :cheers: He doesn't need her to chase him; he's already hers. Why waste time? I'm in heaven.

six
Member Avatar

Matt
Jan 31 2013, 02:00 PM
a script written by Melissa Salmons.
I need to send her a fruit basket because that ejami scene was perfection. Thank you, Sami, for shutting down any fear that EJ might have had that he was second choice and for finally seeing the real Rafe. I don't care if you go back to him tomorrow, because I'll always cherish this moment.

Sami seeing rafe for who he is - check
Sami admitting she was afraid of her feelings for EJ -check
Sami admitting there was always something between her and EJ that hadn't been explored - check
Sami telling EJ she thought they belonged together and telling him she was going to fight for him - check

It's everything I ever wanted and never thought I'd get. Days really delivered on this. :cloud9: And that kiss, while they were oblivious to Mr. Monotone banging on the door made it even better.

Okay, fangirling out of the way...

Kristen is good, not that Brady's simpleton ways hurt, but she half had me believing her story.

Love Will and wilson, but brison is hot. Brian needs to sit Will down for some kissing lessons and show him how to bring it. Now it does make sense that Will's kisses would be more tentative, since he's so inexperienced, but if Brian were a long time character, I'd probably be multi shipping right now.

SMH at Sami going from tearing into Gabi to thinking she's going to be attending her doctors appointments.

Nice chill scene. I'm glad someone realized that Chad's actions did do some good, even if he didn't mean for it to happen lol.

I really liked seeing Abby talking to Sonny. That's a relationship the other regime ignored somewhat. The twenties cast finally seems to be beginning to gel.

Go, Nick! I'm not really on his side, but the fallout from this story about the shooting should be great. This didn't happen today, but istm that the show is slowly starting to reveal Nick's dark side when it comes to Gabi, with the way he's slowly trying to destroy her bond with Rafe. Not that that relationship is 100% healthy, either, but it's disturbing to see Nick attempt to isolate her. I'm glad she put up a bit of resistance and isn't completely gone, yet.
Edited by six, Jan 31 2013, 10:00 PM.

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jan 31 2013, 07:23 PM
team Gabi all the way; Sami's a major biotch.

Is it wrong I'm wishing Sami mute again? Maybe Kristen can push her thru those french doors in the DiMansion...
I'm TeamGabi too. Sami's on my sh!tlist. She needs to LAY OFF!

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Sami's conversation out of the blue was bizarre and quite frankly a bore, didn't EJ look bored too? All that crap about her family? Uh, maybe had she said this four years ago she and EJ would be together (HAH no way - trust me I know) but now TOO F'ing late. Non-sequiter central, she is in like Flynn now with her family, all that old estranged black sheep stuff is gone. EJ will dump her now for sure HAHHAHA!

I think Bryan is too smiley, and too slick, I think there is something off about him and I do was so sad to see Will catching that kiss! How horrible it is to see the person you like with someone else.

And today I officially joined Team Gabi.
Edited by Harlee Kin, Jan 31 2013, 09:57 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

six
Jan 31 2013, 09:48 PM
Matt
Jan 31 2013, 02:00 PM
a script written by Melissa Salmons.
I need to send her a fruit basket because that ejami scene was perfection. Thank you, Sami, for shutting down any fear that EJ might have had that he was second choice and for finally seeing the real Rafe. I don't care if you go back to him tomorrow, because I'll always cherish this moment.

Sami seeing rafe for who he is - check
Sami admitting she was afraid of her feelings for EJ -check
Sami admitting there was always something between her and EJ that hadn't been explored - check
Sami telling EJ she thought they belonged together and telling him she was going to fight for him - check

It's everything I ever wanted and never thought I'd get. Days really delivered on this. :cloud9: And that kiss, while they were oblivious to Mr. Monotone banging on the door made it even better.

Okay, fangirling out of the way...

Kristen is good, not that Brady's simpleton ways hurt, but she half had me believing her story.

Love Will and wilson, but brison is hot. Brian needs to sit Will down for some kissing lessons and show him how to bring it. Now it does make sense that Will's kisses would be more tentative, since he's so inexperienced, but if Brian were a long time character, I'd probably be multi shipping right now.

SMH at Sami going from tearing into Gabi to thinking she's going to her doctors appointments.

Nice chill scene. I'm glad someone realized that Chad's actions did do some good, even if he didn't mean for it to happen lol.

I really liked seeing Abby talking to Sonny. That's a relationship the other regime ignored somewhat. The twenties cast finally seems to be beginning to gel.

Go, Nick! I'm not really on his side, but the fallout from this story should be great. This didn't happen today, but istm that the show is slowly starting to reveal Nick's dark side when it comes to Gabi, with the way he's slowly trying to destroy her bond with Rafe. Not that that relationship is 100% healthy, either, but it's disturbing to see Nick attempt to isolate her. I'm glad she put up a bit of resistance and isn't completely gone, yet.
I need to send her a fruit basket because that ejami scene was perfection

Really??? Can you really tell me that that ejami scene was perfection and that this is one of the moments you'll always cherish.
I know I am coming from the view point of an ex-ejami who has moved on but seriously if that scene had been perfection they could have won me back.

I think unless you are a dedicated fan of EJ and Sami that scene didn't really do anyone any favours and their wasn't enough good stuff in their to win over any swinging voters.
It could have been better

Ej could have talked. (its always good to see a bit of two way action in a romance).
Sami could have talked about why she loved EJ rather than why she no longer loved Rafe.
They could have looked like they at least enjoyed each others company.
Maybe they could have segued into it from being in happy places rather than tongue lashings with the Hernandai.
They could have skipped the whole part where it looked like EJ was reenacting hearing the news that he was Grace's father.

Plus it would have been better without Rafe banging on the door - entirely unnecessary.

I'm just hoping they can both kick it up a notch in terms of passion, EJ regaining his EJ ness , and Sami regaining some modicom of likeability because if this is the direction we are going in I'ld like to be able to enjoy the ride.

eg. Better EJ Sami scene - Di mera hideaway
Edited by concerned, Jan 31 2013, 10:16 PM.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I have visions of the divine Melissa Salmons being handed this breakdown with a note attached saying "Here. Do whatever you have to to make this work." and her looking it over and silently mouthing "Aw, FUCK! Well, here goes nothing..."
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply