Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Romance for Sami and EJ; Airs the week of February 4th
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 04:25 PM (7,770 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

JamaicanBeauty7
Jan 31 2013, 11:54 PM
IDK, it looks like she chose EJ to me. Sami could have easily continued chasing after Rafe post Wabi wedding and treat it as angst for them. Instead, tptb are treating it as an enlightened moment for both Sami and Rafe on many levels. What she told EJ today gave me the distinct impression that she chose EJ but that's just me.
Sami's never one to choose... she's one to lease. I wonder how long this one will last. :ermm:
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Jan 31 2013, 11:59 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

It's creepy that Rafe somehow knows they slept together the night before.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

What was the most bizarre about it, is that it came out of the blue. We did not see Sami struggling to fight her passion or emotion for EJ, there was no build up, I guess they rolled on the couch and he said no. But all of a sudden after laying into Gabi she launched into this long speech. I think the context was totally off and so I saw and felt no romance.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

Harlee Kin
Feb 1 2013, 02:54 AM
What was the most bizarre about it, is that it came out of the blue. We did not see Sami struggling to fight her passion or emotion for EJ, there was no build up, I guess they rolled on the couch and he said no. But all of a sudden after laying into Gabi she launched into this long speech. I think the context was totally off and so I saw and felt no romance.
Half of me understands what you are saying and the other half completely disagrees.

I do agree that there was no immediate build up prior to "the talk". She basically just calls him over to her house and launches into an unexpected speech.

However, if you're watching the show long-term... there has been years and years of build up. She leaned towards "good guy" Lucas for the longest time and then towards "good guy" Rafe but EVERY TIME she got around EJ no matter what the circumstances were there was always some form of tension... some type of draw. Even after years of history, she managed to get over Lucas and now it's clear that they are just friends, but she has still never managed to get over EJ. She canít just walk away from him. She canít.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

mer4santo
Feb 1 2013, 12:41 AM
It's creepy that Rafe somehow knows they slept together the night before.
They don't say it in this article but we know from spoilers that Johnny tells Rafe....

oraclerogue
Member Avatar

What I'm waiting for in this story is for EJ to realize that now that he has her he doesn't want her anymore. There was a conversation with Kate a while back about that. What would Sami do if EJ was the one to dump her?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

oraclerogue
Feb 1 2013, 09:18 AM
What I'm waiting for in this story is for EJ to realize that now that he has her he doesn't want her anymore. There was a conversation with Kate a while back about that. What would Sami do if EJ was the one to dump her?
I've always gotten the impression that Ej was more about the chase than anything else. I wonder too what would happen now if Ej starts showing signs that he doesn't really care to keep her now that he's got her.

Lil
Member Avatar

EVERYTHING Sami does ends in a "Huff." (like every line that AS says) Can't stand this cow. She and EJ will undoubtedly be FFWd material for me.

camera shy

oraclerogue
And remember Kristen's remark to EJ about the best way to get over an obesession is to have it?

camera shy

LuvingLumi
Feb 1 2013, 09:24 AM
oraclerogue
I've always gotten the impression that Ej was more about the chase than anything else. I wonder too what would happen now if Ej starts showing signs that he doesn't really care to keep her now that he's got her.
I wasn't watching at the time, but what made Stefano finally give up on Marlena?

Kenny
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 1 2013, 09:49 AM
LuvingLumi
oraclerogue
I wasn't watching at the time, but what made Stefano finally give up on Marlena?
A change in headwriters.

I don't think there was ever an explanation for it. Once Sally Sussman Morina took over, Stefano went from being obsessed with Marlena to being obsessed with Princess Gina and tacky paintings.

Ljay
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jan 31 2013, 04:40 PM
Well, they had to give Rafe a reason to hook up with somebody.

Im just wondering who the lucky lady is on the hookin up end?

elci525
Member Avatar

cantstopme
Feb 1 2013, 08:53 AM
However, if you're watching the show long-term... there has been years and years of build up. She leaned towards "good guy" Lucas for the longest time and then towards "good guy" Rafe but EVERY TIME she got around EJ no matter what the circumstances were there was always some form of tension... some type of draw. Even after years of history, she managed to get over Lucas and now it's clear that they are just friends, but she has still never managed to get over EJ. She canít just walk away from him. She canít.
Oh I disagree. I wouldn't say she leaned towards "good guy" Lucas. Admittedly the writers divested him of his scheminess a bit once he got older and Lumi went romantic, and the fact that Sami lied and schemed and Lucas didn't was often a source of contention. And I thought this was such a big mistake in the writing for later Lumi - that they erased the partners in crime aspect to them. No Lucas wasn't a "bad guy" the way EJ is. But I disagree that Sami leaned towards him because he was a good guy, at least not in at all the same way Rafe is. Yes Lucas was decent, but if you are implying that he and Rafe are the same kind of good guy, oh I vehemently disagree.

And Sami's feelings are never clear. All it means is that the writing is what it is. Sami hasn't managed to get over Lucas - the writing she doesn't want to go there. If it went there tomorrow, she would be saying to Lucas that all roads lead back to him or whatever. If Brandon came back and they got involved, she would say you were the first to ever love me and it all comes back to you, etc. If she gets back together with Rafe next month, she would say Rafe it doesn't make sense but I just can't quit you. I am not denying there isn't a pull with Ejami - but there is a pull when Sami is involved always. She just can't get away from lots of people.

And I also think that she just can't walk away from EJ b/c it's still some mysterious unanswered question, or whatever - "unexplored" as they say. Honestly, I think that is what a lot of the appeal now is (not all, but a good amount). Which is why I am thrilled they are just answering the question already.

Whatever. I don't mean to be a debbie downer on your parade. It's great Ejami got their scenes, or it's great the fans got those scenes I should say. But that won't stop me putting my two cents in of course ;)
Edited by elci525, Feb 1 2013, 12:17 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

Lil
Feb 1 2013, 09:42 AM
EVERYTHING Sami does ends in a "Huff." (like every line that AS says) Can't stand this cow. She and EJ will undoubtedly be FFWd material for me.
Ditto. Index finger will be getting a workout.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

LuvingLumi
oraclerogue
If EJ ever dumps Sami, that will make my year.

elci525
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Feb 1 2013, 12:16 PM
LuvingLumi
oraclerogue
I would like to see that too, actually =)

Harmony233

elci525
Feb 1 2013, 12:07 PM
cantstopme
Feb 1 2013, 08:53 AM
Oh I disagree. I wouldn't say she leaned towards "good guy" Lucas. Admittedly the writers divested him of his scheminess a bit once he got older and Lumi went romantic, and the fact that Sami lied and schemed and Lucas didn't was often a source of contention. And I thought this was such a big mistake in the writing for later Lumi - that they erased the partners in crime aspect to them. No Lucas wasn't a "bad guy" the way EJ is. But I disagree that Sami leaned towards him because he was a good guy, at least not in at all the same way Rafe is. Yes Lucas was decent, but if you are implying that he and Rafe are the same kind of good guy, oh I vehemently disagree.

And Sami's feelings are never clear. All it means is that the writing is what it is. Sami hasn't managed to get over Lucas - the writing she doesn't want to go there. If it went there tomorrow, she would be saying to Lucas that all roads lead back to him or whatever. If Brandon came back and they got involved, she would say you were the first to ever love me and it all comes back to you, etc. If she gets back together with Rafe next month, she would say Rafe it doesn't make sense but I just can't quit you. I am not denying there isn't a pull with Ejami - but there is a pull when Sami is involved always. She just can't get away from lots of people.

And I also think that she just can't walk away from EJ b/c it's still some mysterious unanswered question, or whatever - "unexplored" as they say. Honestly, I think that is what a lot of the appeal now is (not all, but a good amount). Which is why I am thrilled they are just answering the question already.

Whatever. I don't mean to be a debbie downer on your parade. It's great Ejami got their scenes, or it's great the fans got those scenes I should say. But that won't stop me putting my two cents in of course ;)
yeah i hated the fact that they took away lucas's scheming roots but i wouldn't call lucas a good guy although i guess hes been kinda good in the last few year but if he woke up one day and decided to plot for some reaon i wouldn't be wow thats out of character for him lol

oraclerogue
Member Avatar

elci525
Feb 1 2013, 12:18 PM
NocturnalBlondie
LuvingLumi
oraclerogue
That would make the entire story so worthwhile to me. I want to see her on her knees crying as he walks out on her this time.

Bee
Member Avatar

Hello! Sami has always been childish. The character is being true to form. As a Sami fan, I like that she's always been an over-reactive spaz. There are plenty of other female characters on the show that act like adults with a handle on normal behavior. I like my Sami with a side of loon. I suppose that's why it makes sense that she is finally with EJ. He's got a big fat side of loon too. Rafe should go off and find someone with a side of egotistical cock like him. All would be right with the world. :cart:

Harmony233

oraclerogue
Feb 1 2013, 12:28 PM
elci525
Feb 1 2013, 12:18 PM
NocturnalBlondie
LuvingLumi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That would make the entire story so worthwhile to me. I want to see her on her knees crying as he walks out on her this time.
then sami can run to her other men and they can dump her lol itll never happen

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply