Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick to Lucas: "I know what you did!"; Airs the week of February 4th
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 05:02 PM (5,927 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I wish Nick wasn't being SUCH A DOUCHE! but if they're going to write him as one, at least he is so damn smart. It was odd seeing Lucas involved in anything. The only time Lucas is mentioned is when someone needs to blackmail Will about shooting EJ, lol. Its pretty sad.

I want to like Nick, but they're making it impossible. So maybe he will keep crossing lines and be someone that I "love to hate." His actions can't be justified to me, even with a prison rape/beating/stabbings/whatever. I will never understand this man of science turning into a full blown homophobe and judging by Blake's interview with Michael Fairman, he doesn't really know how to explain it either. Its juicy material for him to play and that's why he likes it. I'm still not sure how I feel about it though.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cathalina

Here's my thing with Nick...so far after watching most of the episodes I can't say he's really been all that unfair. Will wanted to be part of the baby's life, make decisions, but not claim parentage in public. That was childish on Will's part, and if Will was willing to hand responsibility for that baby over to Nick, then he can't claim the perks of fatherhood either. Same as when Gabi was about to tell Eric the truth and Will stopped her. In fact, when was Will going to step up? Even after the whole thing came crashing down at the wedding, Will's priority was his boyfriend and NOT his baby. So, while Nick may not be the best guy ever, Will was no innocent victim or babe in the woods. Right now, he is threatening Gabi's right to her baby.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Jan 31 2013, 06:48 PM
Here's my thing with Nick...so far after watching most of the episodes I can't say he's really been all that unfair. Will wanted to be part of the baby's life, make decisions, but not claim parentage in public. That was childish on Will's part, and if Will was willing to hand responsibility for that baby over to Nick, then he can't claim the perks of fatherhood either. Same as when Gabi was about to tell Eric the truth and Will stopped her. In fact, when was Will going to step up? Even after the whole thing came crashing down at the wedding, Will's priority was his boyfriend and NOT his baby. So, while Nick may not be the best guy ever, Will was no innocent victim or babe in the woods. Right now, he is threatening Gabi's right to her baby.
Based on today's show, Will was happy that he and Gabi and Nick were going to work together for the good of the baby. He and Nick even hugged it out. But Nick is already planning how to keep "gay boy" out of the baby's life.

TeamWill!

Cathalina

I'm only Team Save This Poor Kid, but Nick is smart enough to know from this spoiler that Gabi's parental rights are being put in jeopardy. Will had better stand up to his mother on this one.

concerned
Member Avatar

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jan 31 2013, 05:54 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but, I thought conversations recorded without someone knowing was illegal to use in court?
We had a whole storyline about it not that long ago - Nicole's taping of EJ and Stefano talking about kidnapping young Sydney.

Will&Sonny

Cathalina
Jan 31 2013, 06:48 PM
I have to disagree. Nick and Gabi can't have it both ways. They wanted Will to step back and let them raise the child themselves. There were many times when Will was ready to tell the truth, and each time, he only backed down after Nick and/or Gabi turned the manipulation up a notch in order to convince him to do so. They can't now claim that he isn't fit to be in the child's life because he was once willing to do something that he was only willing to do in the first place because they convinced him to do it. Let's not forget that the whole thing was Nick's idea -- the plan to lie about the baby's paternity didn't even cross Will's mind until Nick stuck his nose in where it didn't belong. If it weren't for Nick, Will would have told the truth the day that Gabi decided to keep the baby.

Also, re: the bolded...no, he's not. Sami might be, but Will has done no such thing yet. If Nick actually cared about the child's best interest, he would simply talk to Will about this instead of getting upset about an overheard conversation between Rafe and Gabi that's about Sami. Not a conversation between Rafe and Will. Not a conversation between Sami and Will. Not a conversation between anyone and Will. He's trying to seek revenge on Will for something that Will isn't even doing. Why? Because this isn't about some overheard conversation, and it isn't about Will being unfit to raise his own child because he was once willing to agree to do something that Nick and Gabi wanted and convinced him to do, and it certainly isn't about poor Nick and Gabi being "forced" to go on the defensive. Those are just convenient excuses. Nick has wanted Will out of this child's life from the moment that he learned that Will was the father, and that's what this is about.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 31 2013, 08:05 PM.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

I still don't like Nick.... Ugh...

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I know I am supposed to dislike Nick because he is homophobic, however I truly think he loves Gabi. Now, she doesn't want to marry him, he sees Sami butting in and attacking Gabi with no knowledge of what happened, Rafe telling him basically to stay away from Gabi and he did hard time while Will escaped jail for shooting a man in the back.

Is he supposed to be a happy character? How could that be!

Cathalina

MI'll have to agree to disagree with some of you on here. I didn't see William as pushed and manipulated; he was an active co-conspirator in this whole mess. When Gabi was about to tell Eric the truth, neither Nick nor Gabi was there pushing him to text her to stop it. Nick and Gabi are far from saints, but neither is dear sweet Will. The biggest issue I see here, and what will cause a domino effect, is Sami's big mouth and hypocritical asshattery. Will would have been better off if Sami went back to her habit of ignoring her kids.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Jan 31 2013, 09:34 PM
MI'll have to agree to disagree with some of you on here. I didn't see William as pushed and manipulated; he was an active co-conspirator in this whole mess. When Gabi was about to tell Eric the truth, neither Nick nor Gabi was there pushing him to text her to stop it. Nick and Gabi are far from saints, but neither is dear sweet Will. The biggest issue I see here, and what will cause a domino effect, is Sami's big mouth and hypocritical asshattery. Will would have been better off if Sami went back to her habit of ignoring her kids.
The world is always a better place when she is ignoring her kids. Amen. It was asshattery at its finest today when she attacked Gabi without the facts as usual in the pub.

Will&Sonny

Cathalina
Jan 31 2013, 09:34 PM
MI'll have to agree to disagree with some of you on here. I didn't see William as pushed and manipulated; he was an active co-conspirator in this whole mess. When Gabi was about to tell Eric the truth, neither Nick nor Gabi was there pushing him to text her to stop it.
Will had talked to Gabi earlier that day, and she had indeed pushed him to change his mind at that time, using the same manipulations that I referred to earlier. However, in that particular incident, Kate also inadvertently talked Will out of telling the truth when she made some references to the fact that, unlike Will, "Nick and Gabi's" child would never have to worry about being used as a pawn in a game of tug-of-war.

In any case, claiming that Gabi had nothing to do with the change of heart that led Will to send that text message is completely inaccurate. The text message even read, "You were right, and I was wrong. We have to do what's best for the baby." How could she be right about something that she had not had anything to do with?

As for Will, I've never claimed that he was an angel. However, out of the three relevant people in this discussion, he is clearly the most stable, loving, appropriate person to raise his child. He is the one who didn't murder someone or aid in the kidnapping of someone during his adulthood. He is the only one who has actually been shown to give a damn about the child's best interest. He is the only one who was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice -- giving up his child completely -- because doing what was best for the child was far more important to him than doing what was best for himself. Whether you agree or disagree with that decision is irrelevant to the fact that Will is far more fit to raise a child than Nick or Gabi.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 31 2013, 10:07 PM.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

What is up with the "I know what you did" motif on Days? Are we on our way to a serial killer storyline? Weird.

Harmony233

I hope there not going to make lucas too dumb in this story lol the guy who could plot at 17 and 18

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 05:43 PM
Has anyone seen the spoiler where apparently Chandler's brother will be playing Will in flashbacks showing what occurred back then?
I didn't hear that, but that would be amazing! His brother was also at the set not too long ago.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

concerned
Jan 31 2013, 07:41 PM
Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jan 31 2013, 05:54 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but, I thought conversations recorded without someone knowing was illegal to use in court?
We had a whole storyline about it not that long ago - Nicole's taping of EJ and Stefano talking about kidnapping young Sydney.
The use the taping plot point a lot.Arianna taped Sami admitting she shot EJ.Marlena attempting to tape Kristen.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Keisha
Jan 31 2013, 09:06 PM
i think the point of the all story no liking nick nick is not really written rootable
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

zyona

I guess it doesn't matter since it is a soap opera, because I can't see how you can use a recording that was obtained illegally. I guess the rule of criminal procedure does not apply here.

Cathalina

The only reason why Will isn't a murderer or have a record is that his aim wasn't perfect and he was born a Brady. His moral superiority is not exactly a given here, in my eyes, nor is his way superior ability to be a parent crystal clear. He even says to Sonny that he was willing to give up his child for him....not evil but not Father of the Year Material either.

Will&Sonny

Cathalina
Feb 1 2013, 07:41 AM
The only reason why Will isn't a murderer or have a record is that his aim wasn't perfect and he was born a Brady. His moral superiority is not exactly a given here, in my eyes, nor is his way superior ability to be a parent crystal clear. He even says to Sonny that he was willing to give up his child for him....not evil but not Father of the Year Material either.
Re: the bolded...that statement neglects to mention all of the other things that Will also said when he was explaining his reasoning -- on more than one occasion -- for going along with the plan. It was never all about Sonny. In fact, on more than one occasion, Will even admitted that Sonny would probably understand and support Will -- and every single time, Gabi and/or Nick was there to stick new doubts in Will's mind (because, conveniently, they were the only two people whom Will could talk to about the situation until he decided to reveal the truth). Will had some very valid -- even noble -- reasons for being willing to walk away from his child that had absolutely nothing to do with whom he was sharing a bed with.

As for being "Father of the Year material", he might not be as eligible for such an award as, say, Sonny would be (and to be clear, I'm using Sonny for this comparison because it would be unfair to compare a person with years of parenting experience -- Bo, for instance -- to someone whose first child has not even been born yet), but the point of my previous post (which I think that you're referring to, although I never mentioned such an award) was that he's certainly more eligible for such an award than Nick is, and Nick's the only other candidate who's worth talking about because he's the only other one who is angling to be the child's father.

No one is perfect -- not even Sonny, and certainly not Will. I have no problem admitting that. However, I firmly believe that Will is leaps and bounds ahead of Gabi and Nick when it comes to being fit to raise a child, and the writing and character history for all three characters supports that belief.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Feb 1 2013, 08:42 AM.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

Keisha
Jan 31 2013, 09:06 PM
Me either. But I love to hate him. Kinda like Kate. I dont root for him, but my hatred for him is what makes him entertaining to watch.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply