Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick to Lucas: "I know what you did!"; Airs the week of February 4th
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 05:02 PM (5,948 Views)
px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jan 31 2013, 05:54 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but, I thought conversations recorded without someone knowing was illegal to use in court?
Depends on the state, I think. On the legal tip- I'm still not quite clear what the consequence for an adult Will would be for attempted murder when he was a minor. So it doesn't all mesh together for me, like the blackmail storyline earlier didn't (I felt it was tacked on to avoid controversy for EJ blackmailing Will over his sexual orientation).

About the kid- I don't think any of these people are stable. Gabi had her friend stalked and kidnapped and whatnot just to land a man. Nick is an ex-con. And Will is a manipulator, albeit an unsuccessful one, and an attempted murderer. I don't really know how that would all fall out in a custody battle. But I'm not seeing a clear choice, which is kind of interesting.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cathalina

Will&Sonny
Feb 1 2013, 08:40 AM
Cathalina
Feb 1 2013, 07:41 AM
The only reason why Will isn't a murderer or have a record is that his aim wasn't perfect and he was born a Brady. His moral superiority is not exactly a given here, in my eyes, nor is his way superior ability to be a parent crystal clear. He even says to Sonny that he was willing to give up his child for him....not evil but not Father of the Year Material either.
Re: the bolded...that statement neglects to mention all of the other things that Will also said when he was explaining his reasoning -- on more than one occasion -- for going along with the plan. It was never all about Sonny. In fact, on more than one occasion, Will even admitted that Sonny would probably understand and support Will -- and every single time, Gabi and/or Nick was there to stick new doubts in Will's mind (because, conveniently, they were the only two people whom Will could talk to about the situation until he decided to reveal the truth). Will had some very valid -- even noble -- reasons for being willing to walk away from his child that had absolutely nothing to do with whom he was sharing a bed with.

As for being "Father of the Year material", he might not be as eligible for such an award as, say, Sonny would be (and to be clear, I'm using Sonny for this comparison because it would be unfair to compare a person with years of parenting experience -- Bo, for instance -- to someone whose first child has not even been born yet), but the point of my previous post (which I think that you're referring to, although I never mentioned such an award) was that he's certainly more eligible for such an award than Nick is, and Nick's the only other candidate who's worth talking about because he's the only other one who is angling to be the child's father.

No one is perfect -- not even Sonny, and certainly not Will. I have no problem admitting that. However, I firmly believe that Will is leaps and bounds ahead of Gabi and Nick when it comes to being fit to raise a child, and the writing and character history for all three characters supports that belief.
I am using the quote this time, and apologize for any confusion, simply didn't want overuse the quote feature and make the board more difficult for people to follow. I have watched the show, and frankly don't get where Will has been presented as the most devoted to the baby or even being more fit to raise the child. I think all four involved should raise this child together, as the four of them have agreed to. Sami's interference may make that impossible however.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Well in the good old days, when I was a reporter only ONE person had to know the conversation was being recorded. Hilarious but true. Guess which person that was? Now, I have abandoned my writing for a fruitful medical career I do not know, but I do know that I so do NOT want to see a custody battle between Sami (let's face it Will is going to be more concerned with Sonny) and Nick.

Harmony233

THis title cracks me up it reminds me of the movie I know what you did last summer lol

cord08

NocturnalBlondie
Feb 1 2013, 12:02 AM
LuvingLumi
Jan 31 2013, 05:43 PM
Has anyone seen the spoiler where apparently Chandler's brother will be playing Will in flashbacks showing what occurred back then?
I didn't hear that, but that would be amazing! His brother was also at the set not too long ago.
Yes. According to this week's SOD, Chandler's younger brother (Christian Massey) will be appearing as Will in flashbacks on Feb. 8th.

elci525
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 1 2013, 02:37 PM
NocturnalBlondie
LuvingLumi
Has anyone seen the spoiler where apparently Chandler's brother will be playing Will in flashbacks showing what occurred back then?
I didn't hear that, but that would be amazing! His brother was also at the set not too long ago.
Yes. According to this week's SOD, Chandler's younger brother (Christian Massey) will be appearing as Will in flashbacks on Feb. 8th.

That sounds incredible - thanks!

Harmony233

elci525
Feb 1 2013, 02:49 PM
cord08
NocturnalBlondie
LuvingLumi

ye i hope the actual go by the facts and its not some made up crap.

concerned
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Feb 1 2013, 12:33 AM
concerned
Jan 31 2013, 07:41 PM
Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jan 31 2013, 05:54 PM
Maybe I'm wrong but, I thought conversations recorded without someone knowing was illegal to use in court?
We had a whole storyline about it not that long ago - Nicole's taping of EJ and Stefano talking about kidnapping young Sydney.
The use the taping plot point a lot.Arianna taped Sami admitting she shot EJ.Marlena attempting to tape Kristen.
The Ariana tape was admissable in court because there was evidence to corroborate it and Sami was aware that Arianna was taping her.
The Marlena taping wouldn't have been admissable in court but she was just intending to use it to prove a point to Brady/John.
Edited by concerned, Feb 1 2013, 02:59 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Feb 1 2013, 02:52 PM
elci525
cord08
NocturnalBlondie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

LOL, agreed - maybe I should not be jumping for joy so quickly.

Harmony233

elci525
Feb 1 2013, 03:02 PM
Harmony233
elci525
cord08

I wonder if there going to show us in flashbacks how lucas found out will shot EJ nah lol

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I hope there is more to the story then uncovering Lucas shot will. I hope they add more meat, I hope in his sleuthing he finds out Lucas is also guilty of something else! Stealing corporate secrets, money laundering whilst in China, something so that when Nick causes trouble it is BIG trouble. No one was all that worried about investigating EJ's shooting to begin with, remember? Now how could they expect a big dramatic uprising when Nick spills the beans?

Harmony233

Harlee Kin
Feb 1 2013, 03:09 PM
I hope there is more to the story then uncovering Lucas shot will. I hope they add more meat, I hope in his sleuthing he finds out Lucas is also guilty of something else! Stealing corporate secrets, money laundering whilst in China, something so that when Nick causes trouble it is BIG trouble. No one was all that worried about investigating EJ's shooting to begin with, remember? Now how could they expect a big dramatic uprising when Nick spills the beans?
that would actually be interesting lucas was in HG for two years surely he has some secrets lol

cord08

Harmony233
Feb 1 2013, 03:06 PM
elci525
Harmony233
elci525

I wonder if there going to show us in flashbacks how lucas found out will shot EJ nah lol
Based on the spoiler picture I saw on Tumblr, it looks like it could be this scene...except Lucas and Will are wearing different shirts in the "flashback" and the cop is a different race. LOL. I also don't know why they would flashback to this particular scene.

elci525
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 1 2013, 03:54 PM
Harmony233
elci525
Harmony233

Based on the spoiler picture I saw on Tumblr, it looks like it could be this scene...except Lucas and Will are wearing different shirts in the "flashback" and the cop is a different race. LOL. I also don't know why they would flashback to this particular scene.

Could you link the spoiler pic, or pm me with the link?

Thanks!!

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

They are going to a lot of work with flashbacks and whatnot for a so-so storyline. :-/

cord08

elci525
Feb 1 2013, 04:02 PM
cord08
Harmony233
elci525

Thanks!!
PM sent.

elci525
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 1 2013, 04:11 PM
elci525
cord08
Harmony233

Thanks!!
PM sent.
Incredible - thanks so much!!

Cathalina

Harlee Kin
Feb 1 2013, 02:27 PM
Well in the good old days, when I was a reporter only ONE person had to know the conversation was being recorded. Hilarious but true. Guess which person that was? Now, I have abandoned my writing for a fruitful medical career I do not know, but I do know that I so do NOT want to see a custody battle between Sami (let's face it Will is going to be more concerned with Sonny) and Nick.
Amen! My actual dream ending for this storyline is for Gabi and Will to tell everyone else to go scratch, sit down, and hammer out a custody agreement together. THAT would absolutely rock, and basically show the Salem adults how stupid they really are.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

elci525
Feb 1 2013, 04:46 PM
cord08
Feb 1 2013, 04:11 PM
elci525
cord08

Thanks!!
PM sent.
Incredible - thanks so much!!
*sniff* Your avi..the Sami I loved.....I simply can't bear to watch old clips anymore, I get so fuming mad....lol

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I will watch anything Lucas but in you tube clips only. I was so loving Nick's return, right now I can only say, Nick, thou art an asshole and you can go to hell. Take Gabby with you but leave Will's child. I truly loathe the show now.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply