Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick to Lucas: "I know what you did!"; Airs the week of February 4th
Topic Started: Jan 31 2013, 05:02 PM (6,096 Views)
Cathalina

elci525
Feb 2 2013, 09:40 PM
I am TeamWill definitely. But I don't want Sami succeeding or being smug or being validated. So I dunno - that's a tough spot. Can Will 'win' but still leave Sami on the outs somehow?
The only "win" I see for Will without Sami being validated is he and Gabi sit down, tell everyone else to butt the hell out, and plan a custody agreement. Also, when Nick's motivations for going after Lucas and Will become clear, I hope Will is strong enough to realize what Lucas has done for him all along while Sami has been a toxic presence.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 3 2013, 06:31 AM
elci525
I am TeamWill definitely. But I don't want Sami succeeding or being smug or being validated. So I dunno - that's a tough spot. Can Will 'win' but still leave Sami on the outs somehow?
The only "win" I see for Will without Sami being validated is he and Gabi sit down, tell everyone else to butt the hell out, and plan a custody agreement. Also, when Nick's motivations for going after Lucas and Will become clear, I hope Will is strong enough to realize what Lucas has done for him all along while Sami has been a toxic presence.
with these writers proably not

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I'd like to see that happen but somehow I doubt it.

Harmony233

Partnersincrime
Feb 3 2013, 07:23 AM
Cathalina
Feb 3 2013, 06:31 AM
elci525
with these writers proably not
not the way sami gets propped with being the long suffering heroine

Harmony233

Partnersincrime
Feb 3 2013, 04:28 AM
Cathalina
Feb 2 2013, 09:28 PM
Amen to that! Sami is playing the role of Kate here...and someone needs to stop her before she takes everything down with her.
Kate had reasons to be anti sami before she knew lucas is the father of will while sami only problem because gabi lied to her before she knew the truth she ready to bff with gabi
IA Kate could drive me nuts at times but I did understand her dislike for sami drugging austin, blackmailing her. then when the truth came out about will and then samis lies on lucas about abusing will kate hated her even more

Honeybees
Member Avatar

elci525
For me, it would be a very seismic shift in the story if Will suddenly consented to try and take his child from her mother. Will has always loved Sami, even when he was furious with her. Sami did far worse things that Gabi, and I loathe what Gabi did to Melanie, but Will still loves Sami. On top of that, Gabi and Will have always gotten along, and Will knows he has made mistakes in his own past. There would have to be a serious reason - such as Will believing Nick would harm his child - for Will to go along with an attempt at full custody.

I still think Will being willing to give up his daughter so she could have what looked to him initially like a better life than he could provide isn't a character flaw. I also think Will is willing to stand up to Sami, especially if his daughter's well-being was at stake.

So, we'll see what the writers do. But it seems to me that a mediator sitting down with Will and Gabi (who are really the only people who should be making these decisions) should be able to work something out.

cord08

Considering that this is a soap, which is dependent upon crazy, over-the-top drama, I don't foresee Gabi and Will just sitting down to resolve custody. That would kill a lot of potential drama. I do suspect that Will and Gabi will end up sharing custody eventually, but not until after a bunch of shenanigans.
Edited by cord08, Feb 3 2013, 12:35 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Feb 3 2013, 12:09 PM
elci525
For me, it would be a very seismic shift in the story if Will suddenly consented to try and take his child from her mother. Will has always loved Sami, even when he was furious with her. Sami did far worse things that Gabi, and I loathe what Gabi did to Melanie, but Will still loves Sami. On top of that, Gabi and Will have always gotten along, and Will knows he has made mistakes in his own past. There would have to be a serious reason - such as Will believing Nick would harm his child - for Will to go along with an attempt at full custody.

I still think Will being willing to give up his daughter so she could have what looked to him initially like a better life than he could provide isn't a character flaw. I also think Will is willing to stand up to Sami, especially if his daughter's well-being was at stake.

So, we'll see what the writers do. But it seems to me that a mediator sitting down with Will and Gabi (who are really the only people who should be making these decisions) should be able to work something out.
I agree - I think Will would be very hesitant to engage Nick/Gabi and begin custody fights, unless there were some very compelling reason validating this decision. Such as a perceived threat in Nick. One would think, with Will's own history and his initial reasons for agreeing to play along with the lie, that this would be a last-resort scenario for him.

For my scenario to come true, I think I see Will allowing his mother and others to convince him to go along with the seeking full custody bit. There would be no drama or story otherwise, methinks. But at some point, Will just realizes this mess is the product of people who are not at the very center of the story -- that is, he and Gabi -- trying to decide what is right. I would love him to call out Sami, whom I think is just grafting her own past situation onto this situation, in some ways seeing Gabi as a version of herself and conflating her insane teenage behavior with Gabi's, and probably also seeing her son as a stand-in for herself, victimized and hurt by the other side. I would love for Will to call Sami on this shit, tell her how sad that all she knows is the language and currency of fights and battles and sides and winning. And then for Will and Gabi to finally come to a mutual agreement together, as it should be, and as it can be since they are both good friends and the truth of the baby's paternity is known from the gate (unless there are some paternity test reversals coming down the pike - please no). I would like to see this.
Edited by elci525, Feb 3 2013, 12:41 PM.

Cathalina

I agree with Sami transposing her past onto Will's present. I think her line to Gabi that she should have seen her coming, since she looks so familiar, was a direct reference to that. I also think her attacking Gabi is also an indirect assault on Rafe, since they are on the outs. Will is not stupid; I do think the only way he would try to take the baby away from Gabi is if he felt Nick was a direct threat to his daughter. Beyond that, I think Will would stop Sami and try to help the baby.

Pookie
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
Feb 2 2013, 09:22 PM
ideal_rain
Feb 1 2013, 11:41 PM
Cathalina
Feb 1 2013, 08:31 PM
Harlee Kin
Feb 1 2013, 02:27 PM
Well in the good old days, when I was a reporter only ONE person had to know the conversation was being recorded. Hilarious but true. Guess which person that was? Now, I have abandoned my writing for a fruitful medical career I do not know, but I do know that I so do NOT want to see a custody battle between Sami (let's face it Will is going to be more concerned with Sonny) and Nick.
Amen! My actual dream ending for this storyline is for Gabi and Will to tell everyone else to go scratch, sit down, and hammer out a custody agreement together. THAT would absolutely rock, and basically show the Salem adults how stupid they really are.
I mentioned this exact thing in another thread. Why can't Will and Gabi sit down and work out an agreement? This isn't Teen Mom! :shame:
They do agree. Gabi wants Will to be a part of the baby's life, if he wants to. It's Sami who's making things worse--Will needs to get his mother to back off.
It's not just Sami that's making things worse. It's also Nick and Rafe and EJ and Kate and Lucas and Sonny and I'm sure before this is all over you can add a few more people to the list. Nick is being difficult because he's controlling and manipulative and doesn't want "gay boy" to have anything to do with his own child. It's not just him being defensive about a potential custody battle. He was trying to wipe Will out of the picture within MINUTES of learning about the baby. Rafe is being a pill because he's pissed at Sami. Which goes WAY beyond Sami being a bitch to Gabi. Rafe is ticked about the whole EJ situation. So he's ratcheting up the haterade because the baby is the only way he can screw Sami these days. EJ is trying to score points with Sami. Plus he's been in Will's shoes as well. Also, I just thinks he like to be in the thick of it. Kate got her own grandma/custody issues with Parker and is probably projecting them onto Will. Plus she remember the hell her son Lucas went through over Will. Sami sees herself in Gabi and knowing all the insane lengths SHE went through to keep Lucas from Will, she's terrified history will repeat itself. Lucas - well see Sami but the other side of the coin. Sonny has withdraw himself from the picture right now, but we know he'll be back in it and will probably go all "I know what you did last summer" on Gabi at some point. Especially when the custody battle heats up. And I'm sure underneath he's mad as hell she ruined the perfect thing he had going with Will. Now he's got a baby AND a baby mama that he has to share with Will - who I'm sure he was hoping to have all to himself for the forseeable future.

ETA: The only one in that group with truly nefarious motives and the willingness to go to ILLEGAL lengths to secure his position in the situation is Nick. Yes there are other people who are butting in where they don't really belong BUT with almost all of them you can see exactly where they're coming from. The only character that doesn't quite make sense is NICK. We still don't know why he's so obsessed with another man's baby to the point of trying to eliminate him.
Edited by Pookie, Feb 3 2013, 02:16 PM.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

I see a lot of potential for Lucas helping Will through all this. He knows what drastic measures he's up against, considering all the shit Sami put Lucas through with Will. Sami can go straight to hell for all I care. I will watch but only if Lucas is involved. And only on you tube. I refuse to watch Sami going for help with Will to Ej. Will is Lucas's child.
Edited by LucasHortonFan, Feb 3 2013, 01:37 PM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 3 2013, 12:34 PM
Considering that this is a soap, which is dependent upon crazy, over-the-top drama, I don't foresee Gabi and Will just sitting down to resolve custody. That would kill a lot of potential drama. I do suspect that Will and Gabi will end up sharing custody eventually, but not until after a bunch of shenanigans.
That's true, but the writing has been very careful not to demonize either Will or Gabi or show any real tension in their relationship. Nick has gotten the villain treatment plus Sami and Rafe, especially, sticking their controlling noses into it. I think it's been a careful choice to show Will and Gabi not at odds. The drama will come from others, and since both Will and Gabi can be passive, it will take awhile before they can resolve their issues.

Cathalina

Sami is the one threatening and bringing in the threat of a custody battle and throwing out the unfit mother allegations. Nick may want to be the baby's father, and he will be the stepfather, but the only reason he took the role was Will didn't want to lose Sonny so he didn't want to admit paternity. Should Nick have consented to being HALF a dad? I mean, until Chad opened his mouth Will was keeping silent. Should Nick had to have called him every time a parental decision was being made? As far as Rafe, he's protecting his pregnant sister. He also didn't threaten Will with taking away custody. What is EJ doing there? Ummm...no good answer for.that one. Hey, Corday himself said Sami sticking her nose in would make things worse. Well" here we go.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 3 2013, 02:28 PM
Sami is the one threatening and bringing in the threat of a custody battle and throwing out the unfit mother allegations. Nick may want to be the baby's father, and he will be the stepfather, but the only reason he took the role was Will didn't want to lose Sonny so he didn't want to admit paternity. Should Nick have consented to being HALF a dad? I mean, until Chad opened his mouth Will was keeping silent. Should Nick had to have called him every time a parental decision was being made? As far as Rafe, he's protecting his pregnant sister. He also didn't threaten Will with taking away custody. What is EJ doing there? Ummm...no good answer for.that one. Hey, Corday himself said Sami sticking her nose in would make things worse. Well" here we go.
That is simply not true. Will's relationship with Sonny was one of MANY factors - factors used by Nick to manipulate a passive and shell-shocked Will - including Will's childhood as being a pawn in a custody battle. If you think that was the primary reason, so be it. But it's patently false that Will selfishly skipped into Sonny's arms because he didn't give shit about his child. That was not what was written or portrayed onscreen.

Will may have been wrong and not stood up for himself, but he was never portrayed as callous or careless or un-caring of his child.

And yes, Nick SHOULD have consented to being half the dad if that was what Will wanted. It's Will's child and Gabi's child. Nick doesn't get a vote because he's fucking Gabi. If Nick had wanted to do the right thing, he would have suggested that they get counseling and Will allow for a legal adoption. But Nick knew what he was doing was wrong, so he pushed for silence. And no, I'm not saying Will was innocent, but he was motivated by what he thought was right given his very difficult background. He wanted to speak up and tell the truth several times and was shut down. Was that right? No. But better late than never.
Edited by Honeybees, Feb 3 2013, 02:39 PM.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Cathalina
EJ and Sami are there because the writers and producers know that given their characters, there is no stock in investing in their onscreen romance and they need something to do.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Harlee Kin
Feb 3 2013, 03:00 PM
Cathalina
EJ and Sami are there because the writers and producers know that given their characters, there is no stock in investing in their onscreen romance and they need something to do.
Doesn't every character need something to do? I mean, why have characters on the show if you're not going to create something for them to do? Sami is going to be an antagonist on Will's side, just like Nick will be one on Gabi's side and antagonists who create drama are necessary. Kate could arguably play the same role on Will's side, but it makes more sense for it to be his mother IMO. And it also makes sense that EJ's involved in the story because of his relationships with both Sami and Will. I mean, if this was a custody battle between Dannifer and Chloe, I'd wonder why the hell Ejami were involved. But between Will and Gabi? Of course they're involved.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 3 2013, 03:13 PM
Harlee Kin
Cathalina
Doesn't every character need something to do? I mean, why have characters on the show if you're not going to create something for them to do? Sami is going to be an antagonist on Will's side, just like Nick will be one on Gabi's side and antagonists who create drama are necessary. Kate could arguably play the same role on Will's side, but it makes more sense for it to be his mother IMO. And it also makes sense that EJ's involved in the story because of his relationships with both Sami and Will. I mean, if this was a custody battle between Dannifer and Chloe, I'd wonder why the hell Ejami were involved. But between Will and Gabi? Of course they're involved.
but why ej seem more important than kate or lucas for that matter

unless ej will turn on will i do not get the point of him big part of the story
Edited by Partnersincrime, Feb 3 2013, 03:25 PM.

Harmony233

Partnersincrime
Feb 3 2013, 03:23 PM
tomsawyer
Harlee Kin
Cathalina
but why ej seem more impotnet than kate or lucas for that matter

unless ej will turn on will i do not get the pint of him big part of the story
IA other than being Wills lawyerEJ should have no major role in this story Will has parents who more than know all about nasty custody battles

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Feb 3 2013, 03:26 PM
Partnersincrime
tomsawyer
Harlee Kin

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
but why ej seem more impotnet than kate or lucas for that matter

unless ej will turn on will i do not get the pint of him big part of the story
IA other than being Wills lawyerEJ should have no major role in this story Will has parents who more than know all about nasty custody battles
If Nick is going to invoke the shooting of EJ in order to prove Will unfit, which I think does add drama, then EJ is a big part of the story. Also, several cute EJ/Johnny scenes have been used to pull on Will's heartstrings.

I actually think the more people involved in the story, the better, especially given that Will and Gabi have no particular animosity toward one another, the drama must come from somewhere. Rafe, Sami, Kate, EJ, Lucas and Marlena should all be involved, not to mention Sonny and Justin.

I think Nick trying to invoke the shooting is going to blow up in his face. Assuming the statue of limitations for assault with a deadly weapon, obstruction of justice and perjury have not run out the clock - Will is in the least legal trouble given his minor status when he committed the crime and the fact that EJ is walking around healthy and hiring lawyers for Will. Lucas and EJ are probably in more legal jeopardy than Will because they'd be on the hook for adult charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. I think there's great drama in the fact that Nick doesn't know that EJ knew it was Will all along and hasn't merely forgiven Will - he seems to admire Will for shooting him.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
tomsawyer
Harlee Kin
Cathalina
but why ej seem more important than kate or lucas for that matter

unless ej will turn on will i do not get the point of him big part of the story
So far, EJ has had one conversation with Will and put a custody lawyer on retainer. I don't classify that as major involvement.
Edited by tomsawyer, Feb 3 2013, 04:13 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply