Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, February 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 1 2013, 07:34 AM (13,585 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 2 2013, 03:53 PM
lysie
Feb 2 2013, 03:37 PM
I don't think they thought they were writing ejami angst. A switch flipped this week on every story.

What do you think caused this sudden turn?

I'll give you my scenario:

They hired TomSell. CH was already written and so they went with what was already on the page. TomSell started penning a different story putting Rafe back in the mix, and IMO were planning to reunite Safe.

The ratings for the Daysaster/CH come in. TPTB see that everytime the ratings got a big uptick EJ & Sami were in story together.

ComCast/NBC/WHOEVER tells TomSell that direction has to go towards them and has to happen by Feb Sweeps.
I don't think it had anything to do with that. Ejami wasn't the only story affected. Idk. Maybe one of the corporations interfering backed out. Maybe a new one jumped in.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AHM

Thanks for the responses, TomSawyer and SoapGal. And I do see what you're saying. I wonder about the audience attention span thing, and I guess I don't know the answer. I would say if you want long term viewers for a long term show that's on a five days per week format, tell long term stories and tell them well, but maybe the evidence TPTB find doesn't match up with that. But this Ejami hookup and the general happiness it seems to have created among those who like EJ/Sami has me wondering something. Okay, so Jack and Jennifer are my "it" couple. This last time around, they also got the slap together treatment, when there was so much crap that I thought they needed to get through first. Basically, I felt like there was a really good story there, and it was skipped. So I was mad. I wasn't thrilled with Jack and Jennifer's hook up at all. That seemed to me the general feeling among those who love Jack and Jennifer. At least on paper, it looks to me like a similar hook up has occurred with EJami, yet EJ/Sami lovers seem to be generally pleased with it. So there's a difference here, but what is it? Is it that I knew that Jack and Jennifer's insta-reconciliation would either lead to them being written off together (best case scenario) or to Jack being killed off again so that Jennifer could be tried with yet another himbo (worst case), while we all know EJ/Sami are most likely going to continue to get screen time? Is it because Jack and Jennifer didn't even get a love scene, but EJ and Sami will most likely be rolling around for a couple of episodes? Because I don't think the EJ/Sami hookup was handled any more believably than Jack and Jennifer's, and I think in both cases, a good story was passed over. And what I really hate is being deprived of a good story, when it's sitting right there for anyone with any degree of competence as a writer to capitalize on. I suppose at least the EJ/Sami scenes are getting some serious focus and are much better than what Jack and Jennifer got (also, Rafe seems to have been deposed more thoroughly than Dan was), even if a lot of stuff that shouldn't have been (in my opinion) was skipped with EJ/Sami too. Anyway, the difference is interesting to me.

concerned
Member Avatar

Oh god thinking about the domesticity of it all... we're not going to go through that horrible period were EJ and Sami reject Stefano and their jobs and are back to being penniless again.

Personal preference : I just prefer glamourous pretentious EJ I find him funnier.

Note to JS : I really don't think there's much point reading the wine labels at Sami's house. Just Suck it up Princess.

concerned
Member Avatar

AHM
Feb 2 2013, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the responses, TomSawyer and SoapGal. And I do see what you're saying. I wonder about the audience attention span thing, and I guess I don't know the answer. I would say if you want long term viewers for a long term show that's on a five days per week format, tell long term stories and tell them well, but maybe the evidence TPTB find doesn't match up with that. But this Ejami hookup and the general happiness it seems to have created among those who like EJ/Sami has me wondering something. Okay, so Jack and Jennifer are my "it" couple. This last time around, they also got the slap together treatment, when there was so much crap that I thought they needed to get through first. Basically, I felt like there was a really good story there, and it was skipped. So I was mad. I wasn't thrilled with Jack and Jennifer's hook up at all. That seemed to me the general feeling among those who love Jack and Jennifer. At least on paper, it looks to me like a similar hook up has occurred with EJami, yet EJ/Sami lovers seem to be generally pleased with it. So there's a difference here, but what is it? Is it that I knew that Jack and Jennifer's insta-reconciliation would either lead to them being written off together (best case scenario) or to Jack being killed off again so that Jennifer could be tried with yet another himbo (worst case), while we all know EJ/Sami are most likely going to continue to get screen time? Is it because Jack and Jennifer didn't even get a love scene, but EJ and Sami will most likely be rolling around for a couple of episodes? Because I don't think the EJ/Sami hookup was handled any more believably than Jack and Jennifer's, and I think in both cases, a good story was passed over. And what I really hate is being deprived of a good story, when it's sitting right there for anyone with any degree of competence as a writer to capitalize on. I suppose at least the EJ/Sami scenes are getting some serious focus and are much better than what Jack and Jennifer got (also, Rafe seems to have been deposed more thoroughly than Dan was), even if a lot of stuff that shouldn't have been (in my opinion) was skipped with EJ/Sami too. Anyway, the difference is interesting to me.
I wouldn't be in the least surprised if EJ was killed off.
Edited by concerned, Feb 2 2013, 04:03 PM.

AHM

^Now that would shock me.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 2 2013, 04:01 PM
Note to JS : I really don't think there's much point reading the wine labels at Sami's house. Just Suck it up Princess.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that bottle had a screw off cap.

Not that I'm judging, I drink that kind all of the time.

:drunk:

concerned
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 2 2013, 04:07 PM
concerned

So do I ... but I don't read the labels.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

AHM
Feb 2 2013, 04:05 PM
You know, it's crossed my mind more than once that JS isn't going to resign & tptb know it. That's just a thought I've had, nothing whatsoever to back it up.

One would think that Days would do everything they could to keep him, but they let PR walk less than six months ago.

OTOH, it could just be tptb knew it was time to pick a direction, picked one & you know their big concern in sweeps so they're going to schedule every big event around those.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 2 2013, 03:58 PM
SoapGal1
lysie
I don't think they thought they were writing ejami angst. A switch flipped this week on every story.

They hired TomSell. CH was already written and so they went with what was already on the page. TomSell started penning a different story putting Rafe back in the mix, and IMO were planning to reunite Safe.

The ratings for the Daysaster/CH come in. TPTB see that everytime the ratings got a big uptick EJ & Sami were in story together.

ComCast/NBC/WHOEVER tells TomSell that direction has to go towards them and has to happen by Feb Sweeps.
I don't think it had anything to do with that. Ejami wasn't the only story affected. Idk. Maybe one of the corporations interfering backed out. Maybe a new one jumped in.
You think Nick trying to blackmail Will wasn't part of the original plan?

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 2 2013, 04:09 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 2 2013, 04:07 PM
concerned

So do I ... but I don't read the labels.
I'm pretty sure they just say;

WINE.

Bottled 2013.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

AHM
I think the difference is that this is the FIRST TIME that Ejami has been shown as mutually in love and committed to each other, and it's been over 6 1/2 years of waiting for this moment. This week, we got Sami saying she thinks they belong together. And then next week, they are going to have sex and both be happy after it. And also next week, she is finally going to say that she loves him and actually mean it. These are all firsts for Ejami which I think makes these moments inherently more exciting, even if the set up for these moments wasn't written perfectly.

concerned
Member Avatar

AHM
I think signs have been their for an exit strategy for a while - all the state office , governor stuff.

If Nicole had of had the baby I could have seen her staying in town whilst EJ was in and out of town or a bit A-la Stefano at the moment dialing it in ... followed by an assasination type story.
Would have been interesting to have Nicole and the baby in the mansion with Stefano and Kate without EJ to run interference.

I think now it will be a period of Sami and EJ finally have this great love, great family that they have wanted for six years and just as it all coming together he'll be taken from her.
Not sure if things go troppo with Nick and EJ takes a bullet to protect Sami, not sure if theire is a misunderstanding furthered by Rafe and Sami takes a gun to him again oonly to find out the evidence was fake, not sure whether he just has another aneurisym and it just strikes him down and Sami blames herself - but i can definitely see him dead on the pavement with Sami lamenting her lost love.

Lumi_are_true_love

Sami is not going to be happy their and not going to be happy untill she and Lucas are together once more she will find her way back to Lucas and I have a feeling Sami is going to get something started up with Lucas again soon and its time to change the direction of this story and let it go in a Lumi direction instead of the same directions its been going in with Rafe and EJ over and over again for far too long now is the time for change in this story so I can't wait untill this direction of the story changes again when Sami winds up cheating on EJ again with Lucas this time around for its going to be fun to watch that happen and fun to watch EJ get dumped for Lucas once more for I'm going to enjoy that part of the story when it plays out for it will be fun so it one of the secret affairs in Salem wound up being Lucas and Sami again with them getting it on once more I wouldn't mind at all for it will be fun to watch EJ being dumped again for Lucas for its going to happen.

The Johnny stuff will be resolved again for a head lab technition,Stefano,Bart,Rolf,and Nick,Kate too all comfirmed that Johnny and Allie are Lucas kids already and Johnny has a Horton orniment. Sydney their were clues to her too about going both ways that she could be Lucas and Sami's child from the affair she had with Lucas when she slept with Lucas first on the same night of the blackmailed black wedding where she still saw Lucas as her husband and wanted to sleep with him instead and something tells me that maybe just maybe Sami and Lucas are still married and they got married in Santo Dimengo or they have been married all along and that black wedding stuff or anythingelse after that went through and Sami and Lucas have been married all along and the doctor that told Sami she was pregnant at that time with Sydney gave the time frame from the affair Sami and Lucas had that same night of when Sami possibly got pregnant and theirs also that scenario too where Rafe did a DNA sample thing on Sydney's pacifier and Nicole's tooth brush matching it up that Sydney could possible be her child as well.

EJ was in the same room as Sami and Lucas and saw the results were true that Johnny and Allie are both Lucas kids as well and that little phoney note afterwards saying otherwise tells me that Johnny is not EJ's son and that Lucas is his father after all.

So I can't wait to see which direction the writers go their for Johnny and Sydney too and if Sami's still married to Lucas and everythingelse is null and void I see Sami fighting to hold on to marriage to Lucas and keeping that marriage in tact not wanting to let it go ever again and does't this time around she has a second chance here to hold on to Lucas and I hope she winds up taking it and doesn't divorce Lucas if shes still married to him after all and winds up working things out with him and do just that.
Edited by Lumi_are_true_love, Feb 2 2013, 04:23 PM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 2 2013, 04:19 PM
AHM
I think signs have been their for an exit strategy for a while - all the state office , governor stuff.

If Nicole had of had the baby I could have seen her staying in town whilst EJ was in and out of town or a bit A-la Stefano at the moment dialing it in ... followed by an assasination type story.
Would have been interesting to have Nicole and the baby in the mansion with Stefano and Kate without EJ to run interference.

I think now it will be a period of Sami and EJ finally have this great love, great family that they have wanted for six years and just as it all coming together he'll be taken from her.
Not sure if things go troppo with Nick and EJ takes a bullet to protect Sami, not sure if theire is a misunderstanding furthered by Rafe and Sami takes a gun to him again oonly to find out the evidence was fake, not sure whether he just has another aneurisym and it just strikes him down and Sami blames herself - but i can definitely see him dead on the pavement with Sami lamenting her lost love.
I think if anything happens, it would be due to JS leaving of his own accord.

I don't think it would ever be a situation where he couldn't come back.

It would be something like Stefano faking his death.

No body.

You know, the usual Salem death.

But this is all just crazy off the wall speculation. Hopefully, JS is staying and angst for Ej & Sami will just come from different angles other than a triangle.

bomber
Member Avatar

AHM
Personally I felt the J&J reconciliation was bad because it came out of nowhere and I was at the point where I wanted Jack away from Jen or, at least, to see her show him some support before they hooked-up. The subsequent on-screen banishment was salt in the wound. As you say, theirs was a story never told. Ejami is different - and I say this as someone who is ambivalent - I don't love them but I dont dislike them either. I do believe many Ejami fans are younger than J&J fans and don't need the long build-ups that used to be compulsory. They also know that their couple is going to continue to be centre stage for the forseeable future (or at least until after sweeps). I think you are right in saying that the hook-up came first and some angst will follow, probably peppered with some good love scenes, so the fans know they have some good soap to look forward to. Ejami aren't a traditional supercouple because of their history (rape, shootings etc.) but they are still obviously the majority of fans choice so they deserve to be explored. Whether it will be long-term I have doubts. I honestly believe that Dannifer is Tomlin's only long-term couple choice (and it is interesting that they are the only couple getting the "traditional supercouple" treatment of angst before sex) but Ejami are getting their turn in the sun so they may as well make the most of it and, if TPTB are monitoring feedback, they might just make it but as a J&J fan, be careful what you wish for.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Lumi_are_true_love
Feb 2 2013, 04:19 PM
Sami is not going to be happy their and not going to be happy untill she and Lucas are together once more she will find her way back to Lucas and I have a feeling Sami is going to get something started up with Lucas again soon and its time to change the direction of this story and let it go in a Lumi direction instead of the same directions its been going in with Rafe and EJ over and over again for far too long now is the time for change in this story so I can't wait untill this direction of the story changes again when Sami winds up cheating on EJ again with Lucas this time around for its going to be fun to watch that happen and fun to watch EJ get dumped for Lucas once more for I'm going to enjoy that part of the story when it plays out for it will be fun so it one of the secret affairs in Salem wound up being Lucas and Sami again with them getting it on once more I wouldn't mind at all for it will be fun to watch EJ being dumped again for Lucas for its going to happen.

The Johnny stuff will be resolved again for a head lab technition,Stefano,Bart,Rolf,and Nick,Kate too all comfirmed that Johnny and Allie are Lucas kids already and Johnny has a Horton orniment. Sydney their were clues to her too about going both ways that she could be Lucas and Sami's child from the affair she had with Lucas when she slept with Lucas first on the same night of the blackmailed black wedding where she still saw Lucas as her husband and wanted to sleep with him instead and something tells me that maybe just maybe Sami and Lucas are still married and they got married in Santo Dimengo or they have been married all along and that black wedding stuff or anythingelse after that went through and Sami and Lucas have been married all along and the doctor that told Sami she was pregnant at that time with Sydney gave the time frame from the affair Sami and Lucas had that same night of when Sami possibly got pregnant and theirs also that scenario too where Rafe did a DNA sample thing on Sydney's pacifier and Nicole's tooth brush matching it up that Sydney could possible be her child as well.

EJ was in the same room as Sami and Lucas and saw the results were true that Johnny and Allie are both Lucas kids as well and that little phoney note afterwards saying otherwise tells me that Johnny is not EJ's son and that Lucas is his father after all.

So I can't wait to see which direction the writers go their for Johnny and Sydney too and if Sami's still married to Lucas and everythingelse is null and void I see Sami fighting to hold on to marriage to Lucas and keeping that marriage in tact not wanting to let it go ever again and does't this time around she has a second chance here to hold on to Lucas and I hope she winds up taking it and doesn't divorce Lucas if shes still married to him after all and winds up working things out with him and do just that.
Nah.

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 2 2013, 04:11 PM
lysie
Feb 2 2013, 03:58 PM
SoapGal1
lysie

You think Nick trying to blackmail Will wasn't part of the original plan?
Not that specifically. More the way they're all acting.

AHM

tomsawyer
Feb 2 2013, 04:18 PM
AHM
I think the difference is that this is the FIRST TIME that Ejami has been shown as mutually in love and committed to each other, and it's been over 6 1/2 years of waiting for this moment. This week, we got Sami saying she thinks they belong together. And then next week, they are going to have sex and both be happy after it. And also next week, she is finally going to say that she loves him and actually mean it. These are all firsts for Ejami which I think makes these moments inherently more exciting, even if the set up for these moments wasn't written perfectly.
Yeah, I can see that. Still a missed opportunity, I think. And not enough to get me invested in Ejami again, because though it was 6 1/2 years, a lot of it wasn't waiting. A lot of it was nothing. A lot of it was spent ruining anything that hooked me in the first place. But clearly, it's enough for a lot of people, so cheers to those who have hung on with Ejami. Enjoy and take what you can get from this show, I guess. At this point, for me it's become more of an interest in a unique and changing genre. Because I think the show itself is boring as all get out. because it doesn't make me care about the characters anymore, and it doesn't get me invested in their relationships.

Concerned, as to EJ meeting his demise . . . maybe . . . but I doubt it. It'd be a major game changer for this show though, as it has relied so heavily on EJ and Sami (not always together though) for years now.

Lumi_are_true_love

Another thing the initially shock Johnny and Sydney and even EJ's other baby with Nicole being alive would be a great umbrella story too either way with Lucas,Nicole,Sami,EJ,Kate,Will,Eric and others too again for I'm all for that and would love to see some resolution happen here for Lucas,Sami,Nicole and EJ too where Johnny is Lucas son after all and Sydney is revealed to be Lucas and Sami's from the affair they had that same night after the black wedding since Lucas and Sami slept together first and would love to see history repeat itself for Lucas where hes discovered to be Johnny's father again for this happened with Will and I can see it happening again with Johnny as well and him and Sami and Lucas would be blown away by the inital shock if Sydney turned out to be their daughter after all together after all from the affair they had on the blackmailed black wedding or Nicole and EJ would be blown away by the fact that Doctor Baker gave Nicole back her own baby Sydney after delivering her for Stefano and Nicole didn't have a miscarriage after all that would be fun to watch play out in either scenario and I would love to see that happen as well I do think Nicole is going to have one or more then one of her babies with EJ turn up to be alive after all and that will be a huge story for Nicole and EJ both when that reveal comes and when that winds up happening.

Lumi_are_true_love

I guess I don't agree with you Soap gal I respect your opinion and everyoneelse opinon too but I just don't agree but I do see it happening as I described and I will be happy to see this story take on a new direction for once and take on a new directions its never taken before for Lucas and Sami once more one thats in Lucas and Sami's favor where Lucas and Sami will be reunited once more this time for good given more love and romance then before and Sami will seek out Lucas out that I'm sure of you can't stop Sami and Lucas and can't stop true love and can't stop whats meant to be for true love will prevail and will win out once more and do just that between Lucas and Sami.
Edited by Lumi_are_true_love, Feb 2 2013, 04:43 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply