Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, February 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 1 2013, 07:34 AM (13,852 Views)
mer4santo
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 2 2013, 04:58 PM
Dannifer has anti-chemistry.

So much THIS

I didn't really care at first but the longer they waste screen time the less patience I have for their stupid and boring and pointless love story.

Where are the goddamn stakes in their relationship?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

outrageous
Member Avatar

Great episode. Excellent Ejami scenes, I enjoyed watching them. I just think that the show got tired of endless debates over a fictional couple and show and went with what we all hope will be a good storyline. I think this couple can deliver, and the actors certainly can, but that's just my opinion.

I doubt James Scott is going anywhere unless he got offered this awesome movie contract that he just can't pass up. I think that his so called Days departure is wishful thinking of some, just like it's my wishful thinking that all the Hernandi would leave.

I'm game to see where it's all going, and maybe they can finally start writing both Sami and EJ in character. They are villains. I'm hoping for Tanna part deux.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 2 2013, 05:04 PM
Lumi_are_true_love
Feb 2 2013, 04:57 PM
With me I was just disagreeing with you when you said Sami wouldn't seek out Lucas and wouldn't eventually seek out Lucas again and come on to Lucas again and wouldn't want to be with Lucas again I feel she will do just and thats what I disagreeed with you about and again I love and respect everyone here at DR even yours for we are all entited to different opinions even if we don't all agree as well.

So I just wanted to say that was the point I was disagreeing with you about when you said Nah Sami would never go after Lucas again or come on to Lucas again and not want to be with Lucas again and wouldn't reunite with Lucas or wouldn't want to be with Lucas again for I think she does want to be with Lucas again and do think she will get together with and will seek him out and want to get involved with Lucas again. I love you and all the member and the mangers here at this side and I just wanted to let you guys know that even though we may not always agree and will always have differing opinions.
Alrighty.

:cheers:
Actually, after years of being an EJAMi fan, I think Sami WILL turn to Lucas this time around and it will be over Will and her fight du jour which is custody over Gabi and Will's baby mingling with the fact they are hiding a secret over EJ's shooting. And you know what? I hope she does. I like her better with Lucas than EJ.

EJAMI is a dead end. What will they do now? They are not friends or companions. What can they do? Work together at a make up company? Sami does not work, she does not treat other people with respect so that is out of the question unless she is going to boss EJ around the whole time. Are they going to fight for custody of Gabi and Will's baby? Grandparents and Step-grandparents do NOT fare well in the legal system - sorry Sami - and in addition that would be a hugely boring tedious storyline. :sleep:

So what now? Well, we will probably see Sami arguing with everyone that she should go with EJ. You see I disagree with her speech and other posters, Sami does not go where people tell her to go. She does not choose the man her family wants, she likes conflict and animosity so now we have to see her yell at everyone in town that she is with EJ too bad! :puke:

I think Sami and EJ will have a wedding. I think they will deliver EJAMI to fans that have demanded it for years and I am glad. But no one kept EJAMI apart but EJ and Sami. Let them get together and hopefully more interesting storylines will eclipse them and entertain the rest of us who do not buy for one second that either of them truly loves the other one at this point.
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 3 2013, 02:16 AM.

camera shy

Honeybees
Feb 2 2013, 09:01 PM
Can I just say how much I love Justin? Again. I loved that he found a legal way to warn Will about Nick, without compromising his job. It's perfectly reasonable for a lawyer to advise Will to get a custody lawyer, and Justin seems to care deeply about Will (and even ship Wilson) and though he can't tell Will what Nick said, he did the best he could.

Justin is a sexy, sexy man.
:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Why couldn't he just come out and tell Will what Nick asked? I don't think he ended up taking Nick on as a client for the custody battle.....did he?

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Remove,...
Edited by DayDreamer, Feb 3 2013, 04:12 AM.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

tomsawyer
Feb 2 2013, 03:32 PM
AHM
Feb 2 2013, 03:13 PM
There's a comment upthread that Ejami=Dannifer, and I see the truth of that, and it's sad. Now, I can't quite go that far, because I think Ejami have some oomph and have had massive potential the likes of which Dannifer has never even touched. (I think that's why there is joy and rapture on the boards and on Twitter over Ejami, while Dannifer and their near sex/declarations of love seem to be being mainly ignored.) But this Ejami reconciliation has been written sloppily, and they were slapped together. Even if it's been seven years in coming, they still got the insta-love treatment. None of the good stuff was dealt with (and, unlike Dannifer, there actually was some good depth to get into with Ejami, and I think, unlike Dannifer, there's also a huge spark between EJ/Sami). That's why I'm amazed at the happiness from people who love EJ/Sami. EJ/Sami should have been written better for years now, of course. But once the show decided to go with them, they ripped us off and skipped the journey and headed right to the pay off. I am not an anti Ejami. I have loved EJami. I admit, I'm amazed at the fortitude of some who have continued to hang onto EJami when the couple never really had powerful writing, and when the past two years were just so bad that I lost all interest in Ejami, but I really do get the couple's appeal. I just think it was wasted. It's too bad, because I think they could have been a good romance, and I think it's been two decades since Days managed to create a truly great couple (which couple has been utterly spat upon at the alter of Dan, but what are you gonna do?).

Now maybe they'll do some backtracking with Ejami and bring their issues in, because they've got to go somewhere with them. But I don't think starting with the payoff is a good thing. And, if we're hoping for an EJ/Sami story going forward from here, we have started with the payoff. Payoffs are great, but they're best after angst and waiting. Yes, it's been seven years, but there was no angst leading into this. And the angst is really where it's at with a great soap love story. Isn't angst the heart and soul of soap romance? At least it was when I thought Days was a good show. And that's been awhile. Really, Days seems to have forgotten how to do angst.
Looking at where the story is now, I think the writers actually believed they wrote the last three months as Ejami angst. Problem is that it wasn't written well enough to play out that way. It played out as mostly confusing and inconsistent. I get they were trying to do a true triangle, but the plot point zig towards Safe (so they could would be together at the wedding reveal) really messed up the post-wedding zag towards Ejami. This is a good example of where GT's preference of plot over character makes his storytelling less complelling.
Its like you read my mind,... this is exactly what I think happened.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

mer4santo
Feb 1 2013, 06:45 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 1 2013, 05:09 PM
esp13
Feb 1 2013, 04:59 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 1 2013, 04:46 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Thanks. The sad thing is I did that in like 5 minutes without really trying. And, you're right, it is fanfic, just more historiically accurate fanfic than the writers actually gave us.

The biggest problem is Sami never gave any indication that she cared what her family thought. However they expressed their opinions, she pretty clearly didn't much care. I could agree that what her family said at various reasons could have given her reason to be concerned, but the problem remains she never once showed that she was actually concerned.

No, Days writing is pretty sucky all the way around. But THIS is getting praised as if it were a Sheri Anderson/JER combination original. I'm pretty sure I saw things to the effect that it was the best scene ever on Days. And, I'm sorry, but I call BS on that. It's not even the best written scene in the last month, IMO.

But, you're probably right. Grading on a curve, it's probably okay. The problem is that this particular couple, because of their particular history, needed something more than something this unlayered and generic to make it feel like an actual epiphany rather than Sami's latest change of heart. By taking all of that away from them, they've left nothing very interesting, IMO. And that's a pity.
Yeah, but the "best scene ever" was just shipper stuff, which I don't blame anybody for because having Sami say things like that to EJ took six freakin' years!!! So of course Ejami fans are thrilled, but not objective. But trying to be objective, I'd say there were pretty good scenes that tied up a disjointed storyline about as well as they could. The scenes and the story overall obviously weren't written well enough to make believers out of those that dislike Ejami or to move those that have expectations of quality writing. But they were probably sufficient for casual fans to buy into where they're going with this couple.
After weeks of repetition, I just don't see the need to resolve any of these relationships in one episode. Outside of the dialogue issue, couldn't EJ have witnessed Sami getting it on with Rafe and then just backed off, hurt by the fact that he had just bared his heart to Sami for the billionth time? He could have still supported Sami and Will but become detached about it. Sami's trying to figure out why EJ is distant while she and Rafe implode on their own. She ends up alone for awhile and then over some time decides to pursue EJ because of whatever the 'right' reasons are. There are conversations of their past to explain and overcome, whatever....

It could have been a 6 week arc and built suspense, instead of a head turner that no one would have seen coming without spoilers.

I still like Everett and Sami but I'm no super fan and I'm disappointed that after finally deciding to put the two together the show took the easy way out. The only way these couples are interesting is how the overcome their obstacles, not because the make out on a regular basis. Anyone one who believes differently must be a Bradison fan.
I think that would have been great. :-/

Honeybees
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 3 2013, 03:19 AM
Honeybees
Feb 2 2013, 09:01 PM
Can I just say how much I love Justin? Again. I loved that he found a legal way to warn Will about Nick, without compromising his job. It's perfectly reasonable for a lawyer to advise Will to get a custody lawyer, and Justin seems to care deeply about Will (and even ship Wilson) and though he can't tell Will what Nick said, he did the best he could.

Justin is a sexy, sexy man.
:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Why couldn't he just come out and tell Will what Nick asked? I don't think he ended up taking Nick on as a client for the custody battle.....did he?
Even conversations in consultation with a potential client are covered by attorney client privilege.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

SoapGal1
Feb 2 2013, 03:25 PM
^^I agree with whoever said upthread that this should've played out since the CH instead of inserting Rafe back into it & having Sami bounce back & forth. It would've been nice if they would've played the beats better, but it is what it is.

We also discussed somewhere on here that the writing today is a far cry from where it was twenty years ago. Stories played all the beats & were much better overall. None of the stories do that now, and this one is no exception. They hurry up the payoff because they believe the audience doesn't have the attention span they did twenty years ago. Maybe they don't. There is alot more to offer on tv than when I started watching Days over 25 years ago. So, I suppose the competition has hurt the storytelling.

Having said all that, I have loved the scenes between Ej & Sami over the past few days. I do hope that they inject Stefano into the mix. They seem to be done with the Rafe angle for now, and EJ's family or even Sami's family is the next logical obstacle. I hope there is no triangle involved with these two for the next little bit. It's been WAY overplayed, IMO.

One last shallow note. I think Everett has become the new EJ. Based on what has been said in these scenes, "EJ" has turned a corner and will probably be alot less of a villian. I have mixed feelings about this because 2007 Sweevil EJ is my all time favorite EJ. But, I've always known that at some point his character would have to evolve if they were to ever solidify Ej & Sami as a couple. I have become quite fond of the Everett side of EJ, he's probably my second favorite incantation.

His line to Sami about "Utterly Petrifying" was made of all kinds of schmoopy win and I loved it.

But belt wielding, gun toting, scruffy Sweevil EJ of 2007 will always hold a special place in my shallow heart.

Oh, and Dannifer blows big nasty chunks.
This is why I :wub: you so. It's like we share the same brain.

I feel exactly like you do on this. I've always known we'd never see the EJami story written the way I imagine in my fanfic heart...but these last few days have been FAR closer than I'd allowed myself to hope for. EJ does seem to have turned a corner and I think they used his desire to honor Lexie's memory as part of the catalyst. I hope we'll get to see sweevil EJ come out to play from time to time...especially if it's with scheming Samantha...but for now i'm pretty damned happy with what we're seeing on screen.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Am I the only one that thinks Nick is a bit to obsessive about marrying Gabi and that child.... he is weird. And its weird that William is being such a fool.. and such trusting person.

Princessah
Member Avatar

Once upon a time, Jennifer was one of my favorite characters. Jack and Jen were my favorite couple. I despise what they have done to Jennifer.

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

Princessah
Feb 3 2013, 12:46 PM
Once upon a time, Jennifer was one of my favorite characters. Jack and Jen were my favorite couple. I despise what they have done to Jennifer.
I've wondered about Jennifer, being new to DOOL I just see nothing there, no personality, no appeal, just meh. It would be easier to understand the Daniel thing if there was at least a spark. I don't hate either character, I just don't get it. :shrug:

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

elci525
Feb 2 2013, 06:39 PM
six
Feb 2 2013, 06:00 PM
elci525
Feb 2 2013, 02:39 PM
AidanGreensFan
Feb 2 2013, 11:48 AM

Sure - ok. Hence why she looks old and slightly brittle I guess. In any other woman, fictional or not, I would be cheering on the decision to embrace ones natural graying hair - that can be empowering. But not so in Jennifer. Booooo.
I think Jennifer could pull off grey hair, but imo, the problem is that it looks so dry and limp sometimes. It makes me want to buy her some conditioner and give her a hot oil treatment.
She could maaaaaayybeee pull off gray. But I totally agree that she needs deep conditioning STAT. Her hair totally looks dry - like straw. That is exactly what I feel when I look at it - that it's straw, but like desert-straw. Material of tumbleweeds.

Just get a conditioner, size of dime, leave it in, rinse, you're done.
I think Jennifer needs to 86 the light ash/platinum mix blonde as well. It makes her look tired and washed out. Someone mentioned "anemic" earlier. I agree. A darker blond or a more golden blonde (even if she kept a few of the lighter colored highlights) would add some much needed warmth. Marlena or Nicole's color is closer to what I'm thinking of. That would be a huge improvement. And the deep conditioning treatments, absolutely.
Edited by BigFat Irish Head, Feb 3 2013, 04:21 PM.

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Harlee Kin
Feb 3 2013, 02:13 AM
SoapGal1
Lumi_are_true_love
With me I was just disagreeing with you when you said Sami wouldn't seek out Lucas and wouldn't eventually seek out Lucas again and come on to Lucas again and wouldn't want to be with Lucas again I feel she will do just and thats what I disagreeed with you about and again I love and respect everyone here at DR even yours for we are all entited to different opinions even if we don't all agree as well.

So I just wanted to say that was the point I was disagreeing with you about when you said Nah Sami would never go after Lucas again or come on to Lucas again and not want to be with Lucas again and wouldn't reunite with Lucas or wouldn't want to be with Lucas again for I think she does want to be with Lucas again and do think she will get together with and will seek him out and want to get involved with Lucas again. I love you and all the member and the mangers here at this side and I just wanted to let you guys know that even though we may not always agree and will always have differing opinions.
Alrighty.

Actually, after years of being an EJAMi fan, I think Sami WILL turn to Lucas this time around and it will be over Will and her fight du jour which is custody over Gabi and Will's baby mingling with the fact they are hiding a secret over EJ's shooting. And you know what? I hope she does. I like her better with Lucas than EJ.

EJAMI is a dead end. What will they do now? They are not friends or companions. What can they do? Work together at a make up company? Sami does not work, she does not treat other people with respect so that is out of the question unless she is going to boss EJ around the whole time. Are they going to fight for custody of Gabi and Will's baby? Grandparents and Step-grandparents do NOT fare well in the legal system - sorry Sami - and in addition that would be a hugely boring tedious storyline. :sleep:

So what now? Well, we will probably see Sami arguing with everyone that she should go with EJ. You see I disagree with her speech and other posters, Sami does not go where people tell her to go. She does not choose the man her family wants, she likes conflict and animosity so now we have to see her yell at everyone in town that she is with EJ too bad! :puke:

I think Sami and EJ will have a wedding. I think they will deliver EJAMI to fans that have demanded it for years and I am glad. But no one kept EJAMI apart but EJ and Sami. Let them get together and hopefully more interesting storylines will eclipse them and entertain the rest of us who do not buy for one second that either of them truly loves the other one at this point.
I hope you're right and I appreciate the optimism.

But honestly, I've lost hope for Lumi. The writers haven't seemed genuinely interested in them for many years, and their very brief reunion after Lucas's most recent return just confirmed that for me.

They also don't seem interested in giving Lucas a story or a love interest. Despite several changes in writing regimes over the past few years, his steady popularity with fans, and his many ties to other characters, Lucas's place on the canvas has continued to be marginalized. It's a damn shame. :(

Lucas consistently gets a back seat to Daniel, Rafe, Brady, etc. It sucks . . . I would much rather watch a Lucas story any day of the week.

Alana
Member Avatar

BigFat Irish Head
Feb 3 2013, 04:19 PM
elci525
six
elci525
Feb 2 2013, 02:39 PM

I think Jennifer could pull off grey hair, but imo, the problem is that it looks so dry and limp sometimes. It makes me want to buy her some conditioner and give her a hot oil treatment.
She could maaaaaayybeee pull off gray. But I totally agree that she needs deep conditioning STAT. Her hair totally looks dry - like straw. That is exactly what I feel when I look at it - that it's straw, but like desert-straw. Material of tumbleweeds.

I think Jennifer needs to 86 the light ash/platinum mix blonde as well. It makes her look tired and washed out. Someone mentioned "anemic" earlier. I agree. A darker blond or a more golden blonde (even if she kept a few of the lighter colored highlights) would add some much needed warmth. Marlena or Nicole's color is closer to what I'm thinking of. That would be a huge improvement. And the deep conditioning treatments, absolutely.
First of all, a personality would help, because then people wouldn't concentrate on her looks most of the time.

Having said that, she desperately needs a haircut. A nice layered bob would do wonders for her. Maybe this is a European thing, but we...non botoxed over 40 year old... know that long hair don't work with our age. Add long hair with BRAIDS and it gets ridiculous. The worst hair style award , though, goes to Maggie...omg, can it get more ridiculous at her age

Best hairstyle award on Days goes to Kayla...I absolutely adore her sassy short haircut. This hairstyle alone makes her seem at least ten years younger! The same goes for Adrienne.
Edited by Alana, Feb 3 2013, 05:27 PM.

elci525
Member Avatar

BigFat Irish Head
Feb 3 2013, 05:17 PM
Harlee Kin
Feb 3 2013, 02:13 AM
SoapGal1
Lumi_are_true_love

Alrighty.

I hope you're right and I appreciate the optimism.

But honestly, I've lost hope for Lumi. The writers haven't seemed genuinely interested in them for many years, and their very brief reunion after Lucas's most recent return just confirmed that for me.

They also don't seem interested in giving Lucas a story or a love interest. Despite several changes in writing regimes over the past few years, his steady popularity with fans, and his many ties to other characters, Lucas's place on the canvas has continued to be marginalized. It's a damn shame. :(

Lucas consistently gets a back seat to Daniel, Rafe, Brady, etc. It sucks . . . I would much rather watch a Lucas story any day of the week.

OMG we share a brain - even when it comes to Jennifer's anemic, ashen hair ;)

My hope is not lost - it never will be. But it's significantly, emm, assuaged let's say....to the point where I am really just begging for any story scraps for Lucas. So I agree 160%. The Lumi "reunion" if you want to call it that provided some nice scenes that I enjoyed because I missed those two together so damn much. But c'mon now. What was that, other than a bone for fans?? It was just ridiculous Ejami angst and a chance to embarrass/denigrate Lumi even more than if the writers had just never gone there at all. Which I wish had happened.

And, totally agree about Jennifer - some warm highlights and golden undertones would do a world of good. Not sure if that would make up for all the character deficiencies Jenn has, but maybe it would make watching her scenes a weee bit more tolerable =)

elci525
Member Avatar

Alana
Feb 3 2013, 05:23 PM
BigFat Irish Head
Feb 3 2013, 04:19 PM
elci525
six

First of all, a personality would help
LOL - yes, yes it would.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I read somewhere deep in the posts the suggestion that the writers are under the impression they did write EJAMi angst for the past 3 months. Possible. Part of the reason I was unmoved by the now famous Sami's choice scene is the way James Scott played it, so coldly and insincerely. Is he really a bad actor or is he just not motivated to play the role as it has been written? Is Ali not committed to this take on EJAMI? Neither one convey deep angst, lust, longing or regret on the New Year's Eve epi.

As for Jennifer's hair, I still think Missy Reeves is very attractive and has kept her youthful spirit, but being so fair and having the harsh lights and the make up made to hide their human imperfections on HDTV leave her open for scrutiny. Perhaps some low lights are in order . . .

And LUMI fans - I know you have been tortured as a fan base, and I too know how a soap can screw you over, don't even get me started on the finale of Port Charles but the fallout from Nick's shenanigans and EJAMI's history of disintegrating into violence your couple stands a chance!
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 3 2013, 08:47 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Harlee Kin
Feb 3 2013, 08:46 PM
I read somewhere deep in the posts the suggestion that the writers are under the impression they did write EJAMi angst for the past 3 months. Possible. Part of the reason I was unmoved by the now famous Sami's choice scene is the way James Scott played it, so coldly and insincerely. Is he really a bad actor or is he just not motivated to play the role as it has been written?
I thought it was really obvious why JS played EJ the way he did in the scene. Sami, along with the audience, was supposed to think he'd be unwilling to forgive her. The somewhat dour look on his face while she was talking was so that his forgiveness at the end of the scene would be a surprise.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

tomsawyer
Feb 3 2013, 10:35 PM
Harlee Kin
Feb 3 2013, 08:46 PM
I read somewhere deep in the posts the suggestion that the writers are under the impression they did write EJAMi angst for the past 3 months. Possible. Part of the reason I was unmoved by the now famous Sami's choice scene is the way James Scott played it, so coldly and insincerely. Is he really a bad actor or is he just not motivated to play the role as it has been written?
I thought it was really obvious why JS played EJ the way he did in the scene. Sami, along with the audience, was supposed to think he'd be unwilling to forgive her. The somewhat dour look on his face while she was talking was so that his forgiveness at the end of the scene would be a surprise.
The problem is that I don't think anyone ever bothered to tell either Sweeney or Gering that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply