Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, February 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 1 2013, 07:34 AM (13,691 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

Yeah she really is - she also seems to be bobbing her head a lot today. It's annoying.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

More comments from EJami erasing the past. I guess Nicole and the travesty of Taylor never happened? Sigh. Whatever.

cord08

I don't know why, but most of the characters are just annoying me today.

PatNS
Member Avatar

I am so happy that Rafe is rid of Sami ... thank heavens.

I laughed at EJ following Rafe into the hallway so he can warn him to stay away for Samantha and Rafe laughing in his face telling EJ that he can have her, he doesn't want her - that just took all the wind out of EJ sails. But of course he went back inside and made it sound like he took care of Rafe and that he wouldn't be coming around anymore - what a little man that has to lie about something like that to make himself feel big.

Really enjoyed the Will / Justin conversatin and the conversation between Justin and Sonny. Brian is going up against Sami for the Sleaze of the week award ... he just migh have the edge!

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

Posted Image

EJ and Sami grossness...

cockymom
Member Avatar

The fan girl can't be contained. She's literally jumping out of me!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Why does it seem like Sami is having to apologize to EJ over and over? He's not doing any apologizing and for the past couple of days has just let Sami do all of the talking. Something just seems so weird about it all.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Oh Brian...you're so saucy and mean.

cord08

GAG ME, Jen and Dan. GAG ME.

elci525
Member Avatar

I really feel like I've walked into some strange twilight zone. I mean, ugh, what's the point. I am just letting this happen I've decided.

I still am weirded out by how Sami acts around EJ. She has never seemed "natural" around him for my tastes, no matter how much he is supposed to accept and love the true Sami or whatever. Their conversations always sound so strained to me. Now more than ever. All this apologizing from Sami. And EJ is still in pretty severe rom com mood, so this doesn't feel all that, I dunno, authentic to me. But I don't like them so I suppose I am very biased.

Oh yes, and it's always only been an ex pounding on the door or someone stomping their feet to get in your way, Ejami. Nothing ever more internal and less "other people are out to get us." But I see we have more of this "you are a good man and the man I always thought you could be talk". Interesting.

What are they drinking? Creme de Menthe? It looks like laundry detergent.
Edited by elci525, Feb 1 2013, 01:56 PM.

AidanGreensFan

JessicaLeigh
Feb 1 2013, 01:44 PM
More comments from EJami erasing the past. I guess Nicole and the travesty of Taylor never happened? Sigh. Whatever.
Erasing or explaining? Many long time Ejami fans have said exactly this about Sami and EJ's past relationships these last few years. They have always maintained that Nicole was a place holder since he couldn't have Sami and Sami was with Rafe because she thought she 'should' be - he was the one that would gain acceptance from her family/Salem.

It seems to be playing out pretty much the way I've been reading posts. Some really hate Sami or EJ or both - and nothing said or done between them or with them will ever satisfy a segment of viewers, but I'm guessing diehard Ejami fans are pretty much over the moon right now. Everything they have said was just validated by both EJ AND Sami the last couple of shows.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Hey Hope
Why don't you get with Rafe since your far up his ass. Rope ftw.

cockymom
Member Avatar

Daniel is looking about as dense as Brady at this point. He knows Chloe still has feelings for him, yet he still entertains her obvious ploys to get to him.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Today's episode is by the exact same people who did yesterday's -- Steven Williford directed from a script written by Melissa Salmons.

cockymom
Member Avatar

If they can't rustle up a bed for EJ and Sami I'm going to be a little pissed! That couch just isn't going to do it for me.

elci525
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
Feb 1 2013, 01:54 PM
JessicaLeigh
Erasing or explaining? Many long time Ejami fans have said exactly this about Sami and EJ's past relationships these last few years. They have always maintained that Nicole was a place holder since he couldn't have Sami and Sami was with Rafe because she thought she 'should' be - he was the one that would gain acceptance from her family/Salem.

It seems to be playing out pretty much the way I've been reading posts. Some really hate Sami or EJ or both - and nothing said or done between them or with them will ever satisfy a segment of viewers, but I'm guessing diehard Ejami fans are pretty much over the moon right now. Everything they have said was just validated by both EJ AND Sami the last couple of shows.
That's the case with any coupling that has it's strong supporters and detractors. I wouldn't expect Ejami fans to be anything but ecstatic. I wouldn't expect any non-Ejami fans to be anything but, well, disinterested or less than enthused. And you can take what EJ said today as validation if you read a certain something into it, or as erasing/overlooking if you have other ideas. I wouldn't expect any differently with any other pairing. But that's all that's happening - the reaction is just playing out in that very expected way.

I remember long ago during Lumi Lucas and/or Sami saying that they loved each other from the beginning (the oft repeated "I love you Lucas/Sami. I always have and I always will"). And in my shipper mind, that made so much sense. Of course they did!!!! Lucas had a crush on Carrie maybe, but it was OBVIOUS that he really only ever loved Sami. I mean, you just knew it, right?!?!!? It was so clear. And Sami was just delusional and didn't know what real love was and thought she always had to force it, and if she had just calmed down, she would have realized what she felt for Lucas! Of course that is right and makes so much sense and is validation for everything I have ever suspected EVER!!!

But of course, if someone were to come in and say that is BS and a glossing-over/rewriting of history to make the couple seem destined or work somehow, I couldn't disagree with that.

For my tastes, I sit here with a very perplexed look on my face, and I suspect that will be my permanent reaction through the duration of this. I am just glad it's happening so that it can have happened.
Edited by elci525, Feb 1 2013, 03:35 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
Feb 1 2013, 01:54 PM
JessicaLeigh

Yes, I'm sure they are. But them saying things that the fans have said doesn't make it good writing when it doesn't match what actually played out onscreen. EJole v. 1.0, sure. But the second time around, there was nothing about that which suggested that Nicole was a "placeholder." Nothing about Rafe and Sami's relationship suggested Sami was with him because she "should" be, until Sami said it yesterday.

Those motivations were fanwanks and while I totally understand it, it doesn't make them match what played on the screen. And so yes, those of use who are not "diehard Ejamis" are not over the moon because even if I don't care about the couple, I would like a story that makes some kind of damn sense. And this simply doesn't.

And what makes it worse is that it could have. They could have gone there and made it make sense (and, I would bet, also make EJami fans happy). But they took the easy way out. And it's doubly disappointing because, in other stories, they seem to be actually building the layers and exploring them. Here, they just ripped them right away.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Brian fucking with Will (and almost fucking Sonny) was my EVERYTHING! I love Sonny/Will getting an interloper just like any other soap opera supercouple.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ahem. Maggie, you're surrounded by a chair and a sofa. Have a seat.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

As much as I enjoy seeing Hope, Rafe needs to find someone else to talk to. Jen & Marlena talking about their troubles with Hope I understand, but Rafe? Does he really have no one else to talk to?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply