Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, February 1st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 1 2013, 07:34 AM (13,558 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I'm sorry, Jennifer, but I seriously question your taste because that fucking hotel room is ugly as homemade sin dipped in misery. Also, I like how Daniel changed clothes for their little trip, but Jennifer clearly couldn't be bothered.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Yep. EJ might have gone out in the hall with Rafe (and that might very well be the FASTEST I've ever seen him move to slip past Sami & out that door), but Everett is definitely the one who came back in. Was Rolf lurking out in the hallway to clunk him over the head & haul him back down into the DiMera Dungeon?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Miss Rhi
Feb 1 2013, 01:50 PM
Why does it seem like Sami is having to apologize to EJ over and over? He's not doing any apologizing and for the past couple of days has just let Sami do all of the talking. Something just seems so weird about it all.
I would like him one day to give the freaking laundry list of shit he's done to her and apologize by naming them all. I would like her to at least acknowledge that he's fucked up, that he's not what might be the 'best thing to ever happen to her'...I don't want their shit glossed over and that is exactly what is happening but then again I ALWAYS thought that if they went with Ejami they couldn't continue to remind the audience that all they had done to one another...IMHO it really seems that James is tuning out of this story as much as EJ is. Which actually reminds me that there was a blurb in the just released SOD in the things we know but shouldn't tell you that at one soap, the cast and crew are puzzled by this performer's lack of interest in his job...and what is really starting to make them wonder is that he refuses to promote the very story that made him a fan fave. I wonder if that is James...it certainly seems like that, he hasn't had an interview in months and although it's not the first time he has gone for months without being heard, I found it strange that GG gave the interview for last week's Ejami scenes....and this week's article quotes AS. In the same blurb they talk about Y&R wanting Eileen back and Days refusing, lol.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

EJ_SamiFF
Feb 1 2013, 01:58 PM
Hey Hope
Why don't you get with Rafe since your far up his ass. Rope ftw.
i think Hope just doesn't like EJ and doesn't want Sami getting involved with him because she knows that it will end in disaster. She only told Rafe that Sami had his heart because that was what Sami had told her. It wasn't her assuming anything. If it had been Lucas that Sami had hooked up with before the wedding and been the topic of Hope & Sami's conversation & then was the one sitting across from Hope, it would've been the same exact conversation, just with Lucas & Rafe's names changed.
I don't think Hope has a preference about Lucas & Rafe, she would just prefer anyone other than EJ be with Sami.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

elci525
Feb 1 2013, 01:54 PM
I really feel like I've walked into some strange twilight zone. I mean, ugh, what's the point. I am just letting this happen I've decided.

I still am weirded out by how Sami acts around EJ. She has never seemed "natural" around him for my tastes, no matter how much he is supposed to accept and love the true Sami or whatever. Their conversations always sound so strained to me. Now more than ever. All this apologizing from Sami. And EJ is still in pretty severe rom com mood, so this doesn't feel all that, I dunno, authentic to me. But I don't like them so I suppose I am very biased.

Oh yes, and it's always only been an ex pounding on the door or someone stomping their feet to get in your way, Ejami. Nothing ever more internal and less "other people are out to get us." But I see we have more of this "you are a good man and the man I always thought you could be talk". Interesting.

What are they drinking? Creme de Menthe? It looks like laundry detergent.
Ditto on everything....It does feel like a twilight zone...I've come to the conclusion that the character of Sami is so far gone that she might as well be dead at this point.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

AidanGreensFan
JessicaLeigh
Feb 1 2013, 01:44 PM
More comments from EJami erasing the past. I guess Nicole and the travesty of Taylor never happened? Sigh. Whatever.
Erasing or explaining? Many long time Ejami fans have said exactly this about Sami and EJ's past relationships these last few years. They have always maintained that Nicole was a place holder since he couldn't have Sami and Sami was with Rafe because she thought she 'should' be - he was the one that would gain acceptance from her family/Salem.

It seems to be playing out pretty much the way I've been reading posts. Some really hate Sami or EJ or both - and nothing said or done between them or with them will ever satisfy a segment of viewers, but I'm guessing diehard Ejami fans are pretty much over the moon right now. Everything they have said was just validated by both EJ AND Sami the last couple of shows.
Nicole might have been a place holder but Taylor wasn't for EJ.....but now it's always been Sami. THAT'S BULLSHIT

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

cockymom
Feb 1 2013, 02:01 PM
If they can't rustle up a bed for EJ and Sami I'm going to be a little pissed! That couch just isn't going to do it for me.
I hope they get the Lumi treatment..into the bedroom and out of the bedroom and they talk about the sex after. I don't need to see that shit....disgusting.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Why does it seem like Sami is having to apologize to EJ over and over? He's not doing any apologizing and for the past couple of days has just let Sami do all of the talking. Something just seems so weird about it all.
This is one of my big objections. I want to know what kind of guy, that LOVES you so very very much, hires a creepy criminal to screw you while you wine and dine another woman? EJ of course. Fans can ignore the gun toting "foreplay" in Lexie's car, justify EJ screwing other women, say Sami deserved to have Syney kidnapped but me, forget it. I saw the show, I remember how it went down.

So why is she apologizing to him!? :soapbox:

Women, if you want a man like EJ, okay. But why would you?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Harlee Kin
Feb 1 2013, 02:35 PM
Miss Rhi
This is one of my big objections. I want to know what kind of guy, that LOVES you so very very much, hires a creepy criminal to screw you while you wine and dine another woman? EJ of course. Fans can ignore the gun toting "foreplay" in Lexie's car, justify EJ screwing other women, say Sami deserved to have Syney kidnapped but me, forget it. I saw the show, I remember how it went down.

So why is she apologizing to him!? :soapbox:

Women, if you want a man like EJ, okay. But why would you?
Well, she did shoot him in the head. I'd think that would warrant at least 1 apology before romance.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

Brian and Sonny are HOT THEY ON FIRE, too bad the scenes are so short

T-Love74
Member Avatar

EJami = nuDannifer

AidanGreensFan

esp13
Feb 1 2013, 02:03 PM
AidanGreensFan
JessicaLeigh
More comments from EJami erasing the past. I guess Nicole and the travesty of Taylor never happened? Sigh. Whatever.
Erasing or explaining? Many long time Ejami fans have said exactly this about Sami and EJ's past relationships these last few years. They have always maintained that Nicole was a place holder since he couldn't have Sami and Sami was with Rafe because she thought she 'should' be - he was the one that would gain acceptance from her family/Salem.

It seems to be playing out pretty much the way I've been reading posts. Some really hate Sami or EJ or both - and nothing said or done between them or with them will ever satisfy a segment of viewers, but I'm guessing diehard Ejami fans are pretty much over the moon right now. Everything they have said was just validated by both EJ AND Sami the last couple of shows.
Yes, I'm sure they are. But them saying things that the fans have said doesn't make it good writing when it doesn't match what actually played out onscreen. EJole v. 1.0, sure. But the second time around, there was nothing about that which suggested that Nicole was a "placeholder." Nothing about Rafe and Sami's relationship suggested Sami was with him because she "should" be, until Sami said it yesterday.

Those motivations were fanwanks and while I totally understand it, it doesn't make them match what played on the screen. And so yes, those of use who are not "diehard Ejamis" are not over the moon because even if I don't care about the couple, I would like a story that makes some kind of damn sense. And this simply doesn't.

And what makes it worse is that it could have. They could have gone there and made it make sense (and, I would bet, also make EJami fans happy). But they took the easy way out. And it's doubly disappointing because, in other stories, they seem to be actually building the layers and exploring them. Here, they just ripped them right away.
I disagree- I do think we saw some of this play out on screen. Especially the bit about Sami's family. Part of it was also the horrific writing over the last few years. Samantha Gene never paired well with Rafe. She had to play damsal in distress to his superhero. Didn't work. I think it would be amazing if soaps were able to craft stories and allow them to play out like they used to - but that luxury is gone. I think TPTB finally got their head out of their asses with this triangle and committed to EJ/Sami and decided to do it as quickly as possible. It sure wasn't perfect, but I certainly don't believe it was fan wanking..

I truly believe that certain segments of the audience will never accept EJ/Sami. If this played out over months, with a slow build, the same folks would be posting the same stuff. IMO it doenst' matter how long it takes on screen , the end result is the same. Some love it and some don't

Angelsmile

Matt
Feb 1 2013, 02:05 PM
that fucking hotel room is ugly as homemade sin dipped in misery
Just wanted to show some love for this imagery. :wub:

AidanGreensFan

Supergirlx2
Feb 1 2013, 02:10 PM
EJ_SamiFF
Feb 1 2013, 01:58 PM
Hey Hope
Why don't you get with Rafe since your far up his ass. Rope ftw.
i think Hope just doesn't like EJ and doesn't want Sami getting involved with him because she knows that it will end in disaster. She only told Rafe that Sami had his heart because that was what Sami had told her. It wasn't her assuming anything. If it had been Lucas that Sami had hooked up with before the wedding and been the topic of Hope & Sami's conversation & then was the one sitting across from Hope, it would've been the same exact conversation, just with Lucas & Rafe's names changed.
I don't think Hope has a preference about Lucas & Rafe, she would just prefer anyone other than EJ be with Sami.
Case in point for what DOES play out onscreen as far as Sami's family goes...

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

AidanGreensFan
Feb 1 2013, 02:56 PM
esp13
AidanGreensFan
JessicaLeigh

Yes, I'm sure they are. But them saying things that the fans have said doesn't make it good writing when it doesn't match what actually played out onscreen. EJole v. 1.0, sure. But the second time around, there was nothing about that which suggested that Nicole was a "placeholder." Nothing about Rafe and Sami's relationship suggested Sami was with him because she "should" be, until Sami said it yesterday.

Those motivations were fanwanks and while I totally understand it, it doesn't make them match what played on the screen. And so yes, those of use who are not "diehard Ejamis" are not over the moon because even if I don't care about the couple, I would like a story that makes some kind of damn sense. And this simply doesn't.

And what makes it worse is that it could have. They could have gone there and made it make sense (and, I would bet, also make EJami fans happy). But they took the easy way out. And it's doubly disappointing because, in other stories, they seem to be actually building the layers and exploring them. Here, they just ripped them right away.
I disagree- I do think we saw some of this play out on screen. Especially the bit about Sami's family. Part of it was also the horrific writing over the last few years. Samantha Gene never paired well with Rafe. She had to play damsal in distress to his superhero. Didn't work. I think it would be amazing if soaps were able to craft stories and allow them to play out like they used to - but that luxury is gone. I think TPTB finally got their head out of their asses with this triangle and committed to EJ/Sami and decided to do it as quickly as possible. It sure wasn't perfect, but I certainly don't believe it was fan wanking..

I truly believe that certain segments of the audience will never accept EJ/Sami. If this played out over months, with a slow build, the same folks would be posting the same stuff. IMO it doenst' matter how long it takes on screen , the end result is the same. Some love it and some don't
we saw caroline actually tell sami that she knew how she felt being torn by two guys. Only reason hope was happy for Sami was because Sami was happy an d jumping up and down and giddy....I hate them but while Safe was playing out there was no indication that she was with him to please her family...she wanted to be with him...it was plain as day.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 1 2013, 02:00 PM
Today's episode is by the exact same people who did yesterday's -- Steven Williford directed from a script written by Melissa Salmons.
I really like this. It creates more consistency, especially when the same cast is featured two days in a row.

lysie
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
esp13
AidanGreensFan
JessicaLeigh

It's true for some people but it's not true for everyone. And it's just as true that some people would take anything they could get no matter the quality. None of that is particularly relevant. The opinions of the people who like it are just as valid as the people who don't like it. We're all giving reasons for our opinions and I don't think either side appreciates being dismissed.

Unless we're twitter friends in which case you've learned to love it.

camera shy

AidanGreensFan
esp13
AidanGreensFan
JessicaLeigh

She's not playing the damsel in distress now? Big Bad EJ has to go out the door to set the evil Rafe straight while she waits nervously on the couch.

michr544125

I know Brian is not around long. Hell this may be it for all we know. But holy shit him and Sonny have a lot of sexual chemistry together! Brian seems to only only want one thing but still I can't deny the sparks they have. On the other hand Will broke me up today. I know he messed up big time but he truly is torn up over seeing Sonny with Brian. This could have been a huge triangle that played out for much longer than the few days this will last. It was so refreshing to see Sonny react and have point of view vs. only being stuck on Will's hip. I am loving this. There is so much angst right now between Will and Sonny. Brian is just what they needed to spice things up.

What Justin said to Sonny was right on target. Will gave up the baby because he was scared to lose Sonny, not so much because he thought it was best for the baby (though I do think that played a big role in his decision). I also love how Justin knows Will is in for a battle but can't say anything. I wonder if Sonny later on will find out something from his dad and how he starts catching onto Nick's game.

esp13
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
esp13
AidanGreensFan
JessicaLeigh

Please name a scene where Sami gave any indication that she was with Rafe because it pleased her family -- prior to her telling EJ that. If you are talking about the scene with Hope, let's remember that Hope was reacting to finding Rafe and Sami half naked together. I think she can be forgiven for assuming they were back together AND being happy about it. And while I know there was a scene with John and Marlena reacting happily to Rafe and Sami, that's about John and Marlena and doesn't prove anything about Sami's motivations.

And that's the key, I don't disagree that her family isn't fond of EJ (although, again, the only person I recall actually expressing this recently is Kayla) or that they like Rafe better. But nothing Sami has done in terms of being with Rafe has ever had any connection to wanting to please her family. In fact, ironically, the only time I recall Sami making romantic decisions based on her family is when she divorced Lucas and married EJ back in 2007 to end the "vendetta."

But, by the time Rafe came along, John and Marlena had accepted EJ. It was shown onscreen that Sami was not with EJ because of his family (hence the secret kid). Then, when they were about to get married, there was no big outcry from her family (and it certainly wasn't what stopped her if there was). They split (and she shot him in the head) because of Sydney. She jumped back into Rafe's bed and they were together, until griefsex and Carrie.

I agree that there has been horrific writing. But the fact that the writing was horrific doesn't mean that those things diidn't happen. They did. And, therefore, deciding to put EJ/Sami together as quickly as possible without addressing what actually happened is what makes it feel like one big fanwank.

And I'm sure that some would never accept it no matter what. But I'm not speaking for them or for anybody but myself. And my non-acceptance of this is about the story. I hate Sami and I don't make any bones about that, but that's not why this story rings false to me. It rings false because it glosses over history and doesn't match what I saw on my screen.

For those that love it, great. But just remember that what they can do for you they can also do to you. :)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply