Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for January 21 - 25
Topic Started: Feb 1 2013, 07:40 AM (2,185 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/02/ratings-gh-up-in-total-viewers-and-women-18-49

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,573,000 (-80,000/-390,000)
2. B&B 3,492,000 (-125,000/-134,000)
3. GH 2,908,000 (+108,000/+608,000)
4. DAYS 2,733,000 (-41,000/+194,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.4/10 (same/-.2)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (same/same)
3. GH 2.1/6 (same/+.4)
3. DAYS 2.1/6 (same/+.2)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 803,000 (-20,000/-155,000)
2. B&B 657,000 (-74,000/-144,000)
3. GH 646,000 (+4,000/+54,000)
4. DAYS 591,000 (-43,000/+60,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.3/8 (same/-.2)
2. B&B 1.0/6 (-.1/-.3)
2. GH 1.0/6 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 0.9/5 (-.1/+.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. GH 223,000 (-46,000/+83,000)
2. Y&R 208,000 (+7,000/-24,000)
3. DAYS 184,000 (-10,000/+24,000)
4. B&B 150,000 (-9,000/-59,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. GH 0.7 (-.1/+.3)
2. Y&R 0.6 (same/-.1)
3. DAYS 0.5 (-.1/same)
4. B&B 0.4 (-./1-.2)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

DAYS
Monday:
Tuesday: 2.1/2,798,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,532,000
Thursday: 2.1/2,739,000
Friday: 2.1/2,862,000

blueskies
Member Avatar

Not bad considering how much they gained the last few weeks. I was a bit nervous they'd drop like a lead weight after the wedding eppis :) Thanks!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Glad to see Days retained so many viewers after the reveal.

Good for GH!
Edited by six, Feb 1 2013, 09:24 AM.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 1 2013, 07:41 AM
DAYS
Monday:
Tuesday: 2.1/2,798,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,532,000
Thursday: 2.1/2,739,000
Friday: 2.1/2,862,000
Pleasantly surprised that DAYS didn't fall too much. I'm also glad to see that viewership is up compared to last year.
Good going, DAYS!!!

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

GH is kicking ass! :applause: :applause:
DAYS is starting there famous decline! :shrug: :shrug:

lysie
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Feb 1 2013, 10:58 AM
GH is kicking ass! :applause: :applause:
DAYS is starting there famous decline! :shrug: :shrug:
No they're not. They're over last year and it was a week after a big reveal. While it would have been nice if they'd gone up, I doubt they expected it. And a four day week with three days over a 2.1 is pretty fabulous for Days. I'm not enjoying the show right now either, but that doesn't change the ratings. And I'm surprised at how small that gap is between Days and GH.

However, I would like to point out that the day I tuned out after five minutes is the day they got a 1.9.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I thought DAYS did a pretty good job last week, so their numbers are deserved. I'm even okay with the 1.9 in today's standards.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

DAYS has to be thrilled to only drop that much after such a huge spike. If they can maintain in this range for a while they are solid.

GH is just awesome. So close to 3 mil. I would love to see GH continue to rise in the ratings. I'm anxious to see how this Port Charles arc will affect ratings.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Well that his great news, good work Days!

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Y&R is a mess still. Too much Adam who is hated by more people then he is liked.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Shick
Feb 2 2013, 04:22 AM
Y&R is a mess still. Too much Adam who is hated by more people then he is liked.
I have completely tuned out of Young and the Restless simply because I feel I am wasting my time watching and I have been watching for over 31 years!

Re: Adam. Something tells me TPTB are not going to realize how much of an eye sore his character is until it's too late or until he simply fades into the background (we could only be so lucky). The same way ABC was ten years too late firing Jill Farren Phelps from General Hospital. She did most of her damage early on (2002-04).

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Feb 2 2013, 12:08 PM
Shick
Feb 2 2013, 04:22 AM
I have completely tuned out of Young and the Restless simply because I feel I am wasting my time watching and I have been watching for over 31 years!

Re: Adam. Something tells me TPTB are not going to realize how much of an eye sore his character is until it's too late or until he simply fades into the background (we could only be so lucky). The same way ABC was ten years too late firing Jill Farren Phelps from General Hospital. She did most of her damage early on (2002-04).
I know what you mean. I know of many ppl who have tuned out completely. They are hard selling him as the next Victor Newman and its not working! This guy has no flair or pizzazz, just cries and holds pity parties, how is that riveting TV?

King
Member Avatar

DAYS has me hooked again for the first time in forever. I absolutely can't wait to watch everyday. The most that ever build up on my DVR are two episodes max.

Jack'sBack

I find myself agreeing with the posters re Days and Y&R. Although unfamiliar with JFP, I heard about her tenure at GH but thought she had learned a lesson but boy was I wrong! Six months after her hiring at Y&R it is not only apparent she is not Fan friendly (I was told she hates fans and fanbases, which point is painfully obvious) but her regime so far has been short-sighted and almost what one would deem mean. This Sweeps is full of newbies and near newbies (the Cookie Lady and chelsea, along with Tyler and others have the Story), a real kick in the face for the over 4 million viewers who have tuned in to Y&R (for this LANE/Lily Fan it has been almost 6 years). Not being a Newman only fan and even less of a fan of plot to plot writing, I find that nothing interest me anymore, SO.......I am tuning in to Days! Hard to believe that this is the SONY progamme I am now watching because I always assumed Y&R was SONY's daytime diamond as it were. And for the record I am in that alleged sought after 18-34 demo; I guess that's why DOOL appeals to me now--I know they value my viewership.

LPS
Member Avatar

Sh*t a brick! Damn, B&B is not far behind Y&R. Y&R is losing ratings and fast. Maybe it is because they keep pimping out the most BORING characters 24/7.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

This caught my eye and so I grabbed a copy of Soap Opera Digest from one year ago and what do you know, the gap between both shows was indeed much wider one year ago this week.

Actually, one doesn't even need to archive in order to distinguish that Young and the Restless' ratings are fading fast when you look at that -390,000 erosion vs. Bold and the Beautiful's -134,000 erosion.

With Jill Farren Phelps' It's my way or the highway approach and the most yawn-worthy storylines I have ever seen on this show, I can see it tumbling to No. 2 in a 12-16 month window. Actually, would be completely awesome to see General Hospital in the runner up spot.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

LPS
Feb 4 2013, 05:05 AM
Sh*t a brick! Damn, B&B is not far behind Y&R. Y&R is losing ratings and fast. Maybe it is because they keep pimping out the most BORING characters 24/7.
No maybe to it because that's precisely why there numbers are pissing away into the wind. I'm all for having patience cleaning up MAB & her henchman shit but with that I wanted too see some due process happening characters moving outside of the direction we have watch them in for the last 5yrs not just Buzz Catch Newbie Names, (Moving the Whole Winters Camp in one fucking bldg :blink: passing out different Executive & CEO titles twice a wk :ermmmm: ) JFP ain't the only one to blame Josh Griffith and what's the other writer name who tweets all the time? Thinking their written material is golden NOT! Another thing I notice soon as they get a small uptick in ratings they ready to pat themselves on the back as if some Stark number has been reached to'be glorified like CBS did a few weeks back but apparently not taking heed to the larger picture of how flattened the Y&R numbers have become since Sony hired them.

Checkers
Member Avatar

lightandday
Feb 5 2013, 02:42 AM
LPS
Feb 4 2013, 05:05 AM
No maybe to it because that's precisely why there numbers are pissing away into the wind. I'm all for having patience cleaning up MAB & her henchman shit but with that I wanted too see some due process happening characters moving outside of the direction we have watch them in for the last 5yrs not just Buzz Catch Newbie Names, (Moving the Whole Winters Camp in one fucking bldg :blink: passing out different Executive & CEO titles twice a wk :ermmmm: ) JFP ain't the only one to blame Josh Griffith and what's the other writer name who tweets all the time? Thinking their written material is golden NOT! Another thing I notice soon as they get a small uptick in ratings they ready to pat themselves on the back as if some Stark number has been reached to'be glorified like CBS did a few weeks back but apparently not taking heed to the larger picture of how flattened the Y&R numbers have become since Sony hired them.
Brent Boyd is the writer. The one that joked the Y&R Bible was older than the Bible.

Like dude fall back. Have a stadium full of seats. I know one thing whatever is in that Y&R Bible is a helluva a lot more entertaining than any of this so called "fresh" crap they have penned.

lightandday
Member Avatar
HBD-Nesta Robert Marley,February 6, 1945 BitchesBrew

Yes! Him, see that one name spill over in my TL all the time and was told he never wrote for a soap opera before yet he shaded what was written long ago, HA! Wet behind the ear bastard first off you green to so therefore you can't deliver any kind of new shit against Staple show and expect to serve it up as well blended scripts,this ain't no darn Y&R pilot.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply