Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: Michael Easton, Roger Howarth, and Kristen Alderson News (Updated 2nd time 2/8)
Topic Started: Feb 1 2013, 10:06 AM (3,296 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

As expected, Roger Howarth (Todd) and Kristen Alderson (Starr) will be joining fellow One Life to Live transplant Michael Easton (McBain) in exiting General Hospital by the end of next week. Since GH tapes several weeks in advance, the trio will continue to be seen on air for the duration of the month of February and possibly into early March.
These departures are the result of the ongoing legal battle between Disney-ABC and OLTL licensee Prospect Park. Prospect Park plans to begin airing new episodes of OLTL and All My Children online this spring. The production company is said to want the three characters—which they licensed to Disney-ABC for use on GH until such time as they were able to put OLTL in production again— back.

Word is, Disney-ABC and Prospect Park have reached an impasse in attempting to work out a deal which would allow Howarth, Alderson and Easton to reprise their roles on OLTL, while eventually returning to GH.

"At this point, no one knows if the characters will ever be going back to GH," says a source.

As previously reported, actors Howarth, Alderson and Easton remain under contract with ABC and reside in Los Angeles. Prospect Park's reboot of OLTL will be taped in Connecticut.

Daytime Confidential

Roger Howarth, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson to Return to General Hospital, "Likely as Different Characters" (Update 2/1)

The messiest behind-the-scenes soap legal battle since Ken Corday sued Missy Reeves for quitting Days of Our Lives in the middle of a contract, keeps getting messier. A General Hospital spokesperson released the following statement to Soap Opera Digest:

"GENERAL HOSPITAL is excited about Michael Easton, Kristen Alderson and Roger Howarth staying on the show and we are exploring ways to allow that to happen."

Digest goes on to report that while Howarth, Easton and Alderson will continue to air as Todd, John and Starr through March, GH will likely bring the three actors back to the fold — as different characters. Meanwhile, the magazine is hearing Prospect Park plans to recast the three popular roles for their One Life to Live reboot.

Daytime Confidential

PP put out a statement...(2nd Update 2/1)

Quote:

"Prospect Park understands that GENERAL HOSPITAL has featured Llanview transplants Michael Easton (John) and Kristen Alderson (Starr) among others while we arranged production of the new version of ONE LIFE TO LIVE. These characters, who we own under our agreement, are obviously essential to our production efforts, and a large reason we licensed the program. We also understand that legions of GENERAL HOSPITAL fans have grown to love these actors and characters in a short time. So even though we are paying ABC millions of dollars to license the shows, we have been, and continue to be willing to equally share the characters with GENERAL HOSPITAL and ABC. It's a win-win for the actors, the shows and fans, who love all of the shows and storylines. We hope to work out these agreements with ABC and the actors."

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/02/prospect-park-statement-on-abc-and.html

GH’s Laura Wright Tweets Easton, Howarth & Alderson Will Be Back! Is The Character Stand-Off Over? (Updated 2/8)

Quote:

As fans know, today is for now the last tape date we know of at General Hospital for original One Life to Live crossovers, Michael Easton (John), Roger Howarth (Todd) and Kristen Alderson (Starr)!

Meanwhile, everyone is anxiously awaiting official news from Prospect Park, and ABC and General Hospital, just how the character dispute of who will have Starr, John, and Todd on their canvas, and who will be playing the parts will resolve itself. Over the last several weeks, this has been a red hot button issue in the soap industry and for long time fans of both OLTL and GH!

However today, Daytime Emmy winner Laura Wright (Carly, GH) tweeted a few tweets that have many speculating that now Roger, Kristen, and Michael will be back shortly to resume working on GH! Wright tweeted, “We are not saying goodbye to Roger, Michael and @krisalderson – just see ya in a few ))))) A few weeks!!! They’ll be back!!!! ))))”

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-laura-wright-tweets-easton-howarth-alderson-will-be-back-is-the-character-stand-off-over/2013/02/08
Edited by Daytime, Feb 8 2013, 03:33 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

taylore
Member Avatar

I'm happy about this.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I know that a lot of fans, online especially, seemed to have it out for these three, but I thought that they fit in well with the show. John had great chemistry with Sam and fit in on the police force. Starr fit in well with the younger crowd and Todd was just an all-around great character. I think that some had such an aversion to these characters that no matter what they did with them, they would have hated it and found them to be "taking over the show" (even though they weren't). Hopefully they get this all sorted out, but if not, it was fun while it lasted!

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Good riddance.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm disappointed. Carlivati did a great job incorporating the three into Port Charles society. And all three leaving will leave three pretty big holes in the canvas. That has me worried. The minute Carlivati's work has to be altered by someone above, it starts to take a nosedive. We'll see how he handles this.

cscarly

u didnt read fine print gh had take todd starr and john off the show that all pp owns they dont own kristine roger and me abc owns them . that where gh and pp impasse they cant use them either . they can use the chacters without roger kristene and me they dont have nothing people want see star they want see kristine people see todd they want see roger and john is me .
pp dont own any of them gh change john into caleb take out vampire story .

Daytime
Member Avatar

Roger Howarth, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson to Return to General Hospital, "Likely as Different Characters"

The messiest behind-the-scenes soap legal battle since Ken Corday sued Missy Reeves for quitting Days of Our Lives in the middle of a contract, keeps getting messier. A General Hospital spokesperson released the following statement to Soap Opera Digest:

"GENERAL HOSPITAL is excited about Michael Easton, Kristen Alderson and Roger Howarth staying on the show and we are exploring ways to allow that to happen."

Digest goes on to report that while Howarth, Easton and Alderson will continue to air as Todd, John and Starr through March, GH will likely bring the three actors back to the fold — as different characters. Meanwhile, the magazine is hearing Prospect Park plans to recast the three popular roles for their One Life to Live reboot.

Daytime Confidential

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

If OLTL makes Starr Amerasian, like she should be, I will die!

Mason
Member Avatar

This is exactly what I didn't want -- for them to return as different characters. Either have them return as their OLTL roles or not at all (preferably the latter in the case of Alderson/Easton).

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I'm glad Starr and John are gone. I like Todd and he fit well in PC. Wouldn't mind Roger coming back. The other two..naw :wave:

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

This just seem strange to me. So they're going to bring the three back but as different characters? Why? If that is the case just let them go back to OLTL. They fit in the cast right now because they are characters that were already established and they are now blended in on GH bringing them back as different characters just seems silly and petty at this point.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Quote:

and sources say that the show hopes to resume use of all three performers, who are under contract to ABC (not to Prospect Park), likely as different characters

:( why? Stay gone.

darraholic
Member Avatar

So, is John really going to turn out to be Caleb or something?

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Alderson can come back as that child Blair and Patrick thought they lost way back in 1997.

And she's exacting her revenge on Todd for something from that stupid Irish Men of 21 story.

I don't know. I'm grasping at straws. How on Earth will Ron Carlivati come up with a halfway plausible solution to any of this?

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Crazygirl
Feb 1 2013, 07:32 PM
This just seem strange to me. So they're going to bring the three back but as different characters? Why? If that is the case just let them go back to OLTL. They fit in the cast right now because they are characters that were already established and they are now blended in on GH bringing them back as different characters just seems silly and petty at this point.
I think it has something to do with the actors not wanting to go to the online. I don't think any of them sign for the reboot last time. I know for KA her family all moved out there for her and her brother to act out there. Working on GH allowed them to leave the east coast with a job. I am willing to at least give RC/FV a chance to have the actors as different characters.

I think this could hurt PP more. Not that they couldn't ever be recast. It is hard to recast let alone basically trying to rebuild an audience after being gone for a year. It is too bad some del couldn't have been worked out where they were on both and you could cross promote.

happy
Member Avatar

I want all 3 to stay as their characters. (ok, I could lose Starr if necessary).

IMO, since Prospect Park failed to get their shit together, they should have lost their rights to option those characters. I really wanted KDP to come to GH as Blair!!! And I wouldn't ever want to see an online OLTL with other actors as those characters. Boo.

As for keeping them as other characters - that sounds horrible. The show is already skating on being too campy. This would take it over the edge, IMHO. And I don't want John to be Caleb. I am looking forward to this mystery resolving itself in another cool way.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

PP put out a statement...

Quote:

"Prospect Park understands that GENERAL HOSPITAL has featured Llanview transplants Michael Easton (John) and Kristen Alderson (Starr) among others while we arranged production of the new version of ONE LIFE TO LIVE. These characters, who we own under our agreement, are obviously essential to our production efforts, and a large reason we licensed the program. We also understand that legions of GENERAL HOSPITAL fans have grown to love these actors and characters in a short time. So even though we are paying ABC millions of dollars to license the shows, we have been, and continue to be willing to equally share the characters with GENERAL HOSPITAL and ABC. It's a win-win for the actors, the shows and fans, who love all of the shows and storylines. We hope to work out these agreements with ABC and the actors."

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2013/02/prospect-park-statement-on-abc-and.html

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

This makes my heart sad for Todd and John! Starr can go to the other show I never could get a warm fuzzy feeling about her. I especially enjoyed Todd and all his antics!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Renegade_Killerbee
Feb 1 2013, 07:45 PM
Alderson can come back as that child Blair and Patrick thought they lost way back in 1997.
I'm pretty sure that would still count as being a OLTL character given the lineage.

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

Some how, some way, Todd needs to say on GH. As Todd.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply