Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: Michael Easton, Roger Howarth, and Kristen Alderson News (Updated 2nd time 2/8)
Topic Started: Feb 1 2013, 10:06 AM (3,123 Views)
Insinkerat

As a long-time GH fan, I was not happy to see these three join GH. I felt since GH was the last abc daytime soap remaining, it was being treated as a dumping ground for the other out-of-work actors. That and the return of ex-GHers for another 15-min of fame diluted the facetime of the current GH actors. But Todd effortlessly blended with the storyline and I enjoy his performance. But the other two I won't miss.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Bringing them back as different characters is just stupid. Todd and Starr have made connections, sort-of in Port Charles. John on the other hand is as useless on GH as he is on OLTL! Either the characters go back to OLTL, with the same actors or just let them stay on GH for crying out loud!

This bickering is going to cause ABC and PP to miss out on some great cross promotion of the characters venturing back and forth between Llanview and PC.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Easton, Howarth and Alderson coming back to GH as different characters is terrible news. All three are very identifiable with the roles they played on OLTL. It's going to be very hard for GH to make fans see the three as anyone but John, Todd and Starr. Especially Todd and Starr.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Stupid as hell to have them play new characters are in Easton's case Caleb.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

John McBain is not some legendary character. They could easily make Michael Easton be Caleb without missing a beat. And I'm pretty sure this is what will be happening, considering he's about to be playing duel roles anyway. Before this PC arc started I didn't really care about ME one way or the other, now I'm loving him. I really can't wait to see what they do with him and I wouldn't want to lose him.

Roger Howarth and Kristen Alderson is a bit tricky. I would never want to lose RH because he has fit GH perfectly. I'm enjoying Todd on GH wayyyy more than I did on OLTL. That said, if RH is off screen for a month or two and comes back as a lost Quartermaine heir or someone else who is rich and sarcastic I'm fine with it. THe only difference will be that he doesn't have a scar. He was a new character to people that are strictly GH fans anyway so this would work.

I don't think they would be able to make KA be RH's daughter again legally. They will have to change some things about RH and KA's characters to avoid a lawsuit from Prospect Park so I say make her Kevin's daughter if they're going to keep Kevin and Lucy around.

Having said all that I'm hoping that PP takes these characters and actors for a month or two of filming. That is a lot of episodes, just to get the ball rolling then lets GH have them back. The characters fit on GH now, IMO. Especially Todd and McBain. Blair and Tea have other loves. Natalie and John pretty much sucked anyway to me so they could easily move these couples on. John and Natalie are currently broken up anyway. Recasting Starr wouldn't be a total shock, but she's been played by KA for so long, it would have been the equivalent of GH recasting Robin Scorpio when KMc decided to leave. Recasting Todd has worked once, but can lightning strike three times? McBain is the most easily recasted character. I think OLTL should just find new characters to write for and bring back other characters from their long history. If they really want to skew younger Starr is the only one of the three that they should even really be worried about.

Sound
Member Avatar

I hadn't watched OLTL in the last 20 years so all three of these characters are new to me. I don't like Starr. I love Todd. I enjoy the chemistry I see between John and Sam. Changing their character's names and back-stories would be fine as long as the basic personality is still there. Well, Starr can leave and not come back.

For anyone that has watched Days, that show that has changed the character played by Drake Hogestyn so many times you need a chart to follow all the names and back-stories. And yet it's a character that is loved.

Bop them all on the head, put them in a coma, let them be long lost relatives...it's a soap, we can deal.

Anita

Same here. I never watched OLTL, so it wouldn’t bother me if they changed the characters. Of the three, I really want to keep RH; he is a fabulous actor. Maybe he can come back as a long lost Quartermaine. As to the other two, I also like the chemistry between ME and KM, but I can definitely do without KA.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
#EJami

It's stupid to change their characters...just don't bring them back at all.

Daytime
Member Avatar

GH’s Laura Wright Tweets Easton, Howarth & Alderson Will Be Back! Is The Character Stand-Off Over? (Updated 2/8)

Quote:

As fans know, today is for now the last tape date we know of at General Hospital for original One Life to Live crossovers, Michael Easton (John), Roger Howarth (Todd) and Kristen Alderson (Starr)!

Meanwhile, everyone is anxiously awaiting official news from Prospect Park, and ABC and General Hospital, just how the character dispute of who will have Starr, John, and Todd on their canvas, and who will be playing the parts will resolve itself. Over the last several weeks, this has been a red hot button issue in the soap industry and for long time fans of both OLTL and GH!

However today, Daytime Emmy winner Laura Wright (Carly, GH) tweeted a few tweets that have many speculating that now Roger, Kristen, and Michael will be back shortly to resume working on GH! Wright tweeted, “We are not saying goodbye to Roger, Michael and @krisalderson – just see ya in a few ))))) A few weeks!!! They’ll be back!!!! ))))”

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/ghs-laura-wright-tweets-easton-howarth-alderson-will-be-back-is-the-character-stand-off-over/2013/02/08
Edited by Daytime, Feb 8 2013, 03:34 PM.

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
#EJami

Only one I'm happy to hear is returning is RH.

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Thanks Im glad that ME will return.

NicoleLVR

I don't understand why people are angry. They BELONG on OLTL, I could give two flying fucks what GH fans want. They should be lucky their show gets to live another day, OLTLers belong on OLTL where they are needed.

Mason

NicoleLVR
Feb 9 2013, 06:00 PM
I don't understand why people are angry. They BELONG on OLTL, I could give two flying fucks what GH fans want. They should be lucky their show gets to live another day, OLTLers belong on OLTL where they are needed.
I don't really care which show they end up on, but I wouldn't say OLTL needs John McBain or even Starr. As for Todd, I'd prefer that he remain on GH where he actually has new story opportunities and the character doesn't feel like a broken record.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply