Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: The Prodigal Daughter Returns!
Topic Started: Feb 1 2013, 04:41 PM (1,669 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Abby returns to Genoa City on Monday, February 11th, and according to portrayer Marcy Rylan, the Naked Heiress did a little soul searching while she was hanging out with mom Ashley in New York.

"For the first time, Abby is feeling a little embarrassed about her previous choices," Marcy said. "She's trying really hard to be a better person...and figure out where she fits if she's not running around naked." The character will have some interaction with paramour Carmine, Marcy confirmed, and "Abby is a little surprised by what Carmine has to say."

Marcy readily accepted the invitation to come back to the show after being let go last fall; it was only later that she started to realize her return might be a bit awkward. "It didn't even cross my mind before that it [my first day] could be a little awkward... so I was a little bit nervous. On Monday of my first week, I did my first fitting and we have a new costume designer so then I was really nervous because it felt like I was starting over somewhere new. But she picked such fabulous clothes and I was trying on all these outfits that were very Abby, so once I was in the clothes, I was like, 'Oh, yeah, this feels like second nature.' So then I was super excited."

Sony
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Sounds like they will tone down the ditziness and make her less annoying. I hope.

LPS
Member Avatar

Ewwww......don't miss her. I never cared for Marcy Rylan.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I don't want to see her return, ugh. Way too old for this role.

Checkers
Member Avatar

I don't care for Abby but whatever. Just keep her annoying one liner self away from Sharon.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

I never got all the hate that this actress and character got last go-around. Yes, Abby is annoying, but it works for her. I'm excited for this return!

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

If Abby must be back on Y&R, why not just re-cast, not have an actress about 15 yrs too old playing the part!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

soapflake02

man, I was hoping Carmine was going to get with Lauren, why they kept putting them in scenes and have nothing come of it.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Abby is never going to change and she will still do all stupid things with Carmine and her Naked Heiress crap.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Lauren and Carmine were having a conversation. Doesn't have to lead to sex. He was flirting and she was flattered.
I like seeing a man and woman just talking and laughing together.

ratfink
Member Avatar

Daytime
Feb 1 2013, 04:41 PM
Abby returns to Genoa City on Monday, February 11th, and according to portrayer Marcy Rylan, the Naked Heiress did a little soul searching while she was hanging out with mom Ashley in New York.

"For the first time, Abby is feeling a little embarrassed about her previous choices," Marcy said. "She's trying really hard to be a better person...and figure out where she fits if she's not running around naked." The character will have some interaction with paramour Carmine, Marcy confirmed, and "Abby is a little surprised by what Carmine has to say."

Marcy readily accepted the invitation to come back to the show after being let go last fall; it was only later that she started to realize her return might be a bit awkward. "It didn't even cross my mind before that it [my first day] could be a little awkward... so I was a little bit nervous. On Monday of my first week, I did my first fitting and we have a new costume designer so then I was really nervous because it felt like I was starting over somewhere new. But she picked such fabulous clothes and I was trying on all these outfits that were very Abby, so once I was in the clothes, I was like, 'Oh, yeah, this feels like second nature.' So then I was super excited."

Sony
I like Abby...and I like Marcy Rylan playing her...she is a breath of fresh air among a bunch of really stuffy people that take life too seriously.....and as a result they are miserable... :biggrin: lighten up, life is short :biggrin:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Feb 1 2013, 05:16 PM
I don't want to see her return, ugh. Way too old for this role.
well you know they will have aged her at least 10 years. lol
If they make her not so ditzy and self absorbed, I think it will be good, but if we have to live through the valley girl persona again, not so good.
I like the actress, just wasn't crazy about the character.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Feb 1 2013, 07:09 PM
man, I was hoping Carmine was going to get with Lauren, why they kept putting them in scenes and have nothing come of it.
Just because a man & a woman talk a few times and even flirt, doesn't mean they end up in bed together.

Peridott
Member Avatar

soapflake02
Feb 1 2013, 07:09 PM
Well the article doesn't say Abby and Carmine start back dating. He might tell her he's over being her bed buddy. As for Carmine and Lauren, I always felt he had an ulterior motive for cozying up to the DA's wife. Their scenes started at the same time Alex recognized Carmine from NY. Carmine ties into this drug money mess somehow so I figure Lauren is simply gonna take up for him when shit hits the fan. I don't see her leaping in the sack with Carmine with all this Fen/Jamie stuff going on.

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Feb 1 2013, 05:14 PM
Sounds like they will tone down the ditziness and make her less annoying. I hope.
Good luck with that. She was just as equally ditzy and annoying on GL. I don't think it's the roles, I personally think it's just the actress and the way she acts.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Like most others, the best part of this news is the mere possibility of some summer-time shirtless scenes of that man meat Marco Dapper. That is it.

Posted Image

Nate
Member Avatar

Does anyone think Abby and Maxie from GH sound and act alike?

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Crazygirl
Feb 3 2013, 12:57 AM
3WishGenie
Feb 1 2013, 05:14 PM
Good luck with that. She was just as equally ditzy and annoying on GL. I don't think it's the roles, I personally think it's just the actress and the way she acts.
I loved Marcy on GL and found nothing not to like once she got over her I am thou attitude and grew up.

I love her on YnR and glad they are toning her down and maybe she will become a great business woman like Victoria.

Marcy might be somewhat a little older then the character Abby should be but Marcy is very young looking and could pass for the same age as the character Abby is.

I am glad Marcy is coming back. She and her acting are like a breath of fresh air and I cannot wait until she is back.

Queen B
Member Avatar

eh I'm optimistic. The new crew isn't so bad at writing good material for the younger crowd so I don't feel like Abby will be shoved down our throats, maybe they'll write her better this time

Peridott
Member Avatar

Queen B
Feb 5 2013, 01:23 PM
eh I'm optimistic. The new crew isn't so bad at writing good material for the younger crowd so I don't feel like Abby will be shoved down our throats, maybe they'll write her better this time
The fact that they've done away with that naked heiress mess is already an improvement imo.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply