Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview - Week of 2/4
Topic Started: Feb 2 2013, 01:41 AM (3,159 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Maggie28wubsEj
Feb 2 2013, 12:17 PM
I need more naked Ej. I hope he's not all wrapped up in those blankets the whole time.
They took the time to cover the tattoo so that's a good sign.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harmony233

camera shy
Feb 2 2013, 11:57 AM
DawnElicia
Feb 2 2013, 11:50 AM
Harmony233
Feb 2 2013, 11:38 AM
elci525
Feb 2 2013, 11:32 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
IA she didn't need sydney after just having twins that were a year old that was ome of the most ridclous crap on this show I hope to never see sami pregnant again on this show there was a time sami actually did more than pop out babies
AS was pregnant in real life. So instead of hiding it they added it to the story whats wrong with that.
When AZ was pregnant they didn't write it into the show and I'm sure it was because she didn't ask them to.
IA And they didn't do it with AS first pregnancy either.it was just silly boggling sami down with all these little kids and they have made it like she doesn't even like allie.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

It's up to writers to decide whether to write in a pregancy or not. Sometimes they go for it, sometimes they don't. I'm sure their longterm plan has something to do with it and the timing of the pregnancy. Sometimes it's that simple. :shrug:

spartan
Member Avatar

Maggie28wubsEj
I need more naked Ej. I hope he's not all wrapped up in those blankets the whole time.
Looks like the makeup department covered up the tattoos so we shouldn't have to worry about a reappearance of snuggy-EJ.

ETA: should have kept reading. I see tom had the same thought. Sorry for the repeat.
Edited by spartan, Feb 2 2013, 12:32 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Feb 2 2013, 12:18 PM
lysie
Feb 2 2013, 11:55 AM
DawnElicia
Harmony233

AS was pregnant in real life. So instead of hiding it they added it to the story whats wrong with that.
They don't do it for everyone else and they chose to do it for a character that had just had twins. And we've been stuck in baby hell ever since.
But that is realistic. Woman do get pregnant some times by accident just after having a baby. I remember a friend of my mother had a baby then about a year later she was pregnant again she was telling my mom how she was surprised and i remember right after she gave birth she made sure her husband got fixed LOL so i dont have a problem with that
Sure they do. But it's not for entertainment purposes. And other people unusually manage to have babies at the same time.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Feb 2 2013, 12:24 PM
camera shy
DawnElicia
Harmony233

When AZ was pregnant they didn't write it into the show and I'm sure it was because she didn't ask them to.
IA And they didn't do it with AS first pregnancy either.it was just silly boggling sami down with all these little kids and they have made it like she doesn't even like allie.
I haven't seen anything in the writing that indicates that she hates Allie. She's just not seen that often, like a lot of other kids (Ciara, Theo for ex.). Did I miss a scene or dialogue?

lysie
Member Avatar

You know what feigned ignorance does to a conversation? Prolongs it. ;)

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 2 2013, 12:30 PM
DawnElicia
lysie
DawnElicia

They don't do it for everyone else and they chose to do it for a character that had just had twins. And we've been stuck in baby hell ever since.
But that is realistic. Woman do get pregnant some times by accident just after having a baby. I remember a friend of my mother had a baby then about a year later she was pregnant again she was telling my mom how she was surprised and i remember right after she gave birth she made sure her husband got fixed LOL so i dont have a problem with that
Sure they do. But it's not for entertainment purposes. And other people unusually manage to have babies at the same time.
I think that they were going for reality. Sometimes that is nice in a soap. Beside there was more story with Sami having the second child there have been loads of stories that have sprung from Sydney being born caused a lot of drama all around.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I like EJ and Sami together.

I've been loving these scenes the past few days.

But I'm just going to say it.......

NO MORE DAMN BABIES!!!

lysie
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Feb 2 2013, 12:38 PM
lysie
DawnElicia
lysie

I think that they were going for reality. Sometimes that is nice in a soap. Beside there was more story with Sami having the second child there have been loads of stories that have sprung from Sydney being born caused a lot of drama all around.
They're never going for reality, lol. Baby stories just seems to be their thing. They started Wabi's immediately just like Sydney

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

spartan
Maggie28wubsEj
Looks like the makeup department covered up the tattoos so we shouldn't have to worry about a reappearance of snuggy-EJ.

ETA: should have kept reading. I see tom had the same thought. Sorry for the repeat.
I want to see upper body and for long periods of time. Maybe even some leg. I want James in bed for the whole episode. Is that wrong.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 2 2013, 12:40 PM
DawnElicia
lysie
DawnElicia

They're never going for reality, lol. Baby stories just seems to be their thing. They started Wabi's immediately just like Sydney
Yeah so these children are the future generations of the show and i think the Wabi storyline is interesting. It has a lot of potential. Plus it cracks me up that Marlena and Kate are great grandmothers

gailwinters
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Feb 2 2013, 12:41 PM
spartan
Maggie28wubsEj

I want to see upper body and for long periods of time. Maybe even some leg. I want James in bed for the whole episode. Is that wrong.
I think it's as far from wrong as you can get. And I'm in total agreement.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
spartan
Maggie28wubsEj

More like oh, so RIGHT!! :rockon: :cheer:

elci525
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
lysie
DawnElicia
lysie

I don't think they were going for reality AT ALL. They could go for reality in many ways, and have I suppose, and that was not an example of it. AS being pregnant and the writers writing it into the story, as has been stated, is contrived and the writers bending to the wishes or circumstances of an actress. They did that during the Stan storyline too, and oh my that was awful and something I wish could be undone. They don't do that for every actress - it's not done all the time. And the result is that now Sami is saddled with a litter of children the show has to try to juggle around, imo unsuccessfully. I have doubts the show will be around in 10-15 yrs time for these children to be the future generation of the show. The babyswitch storyline Sydney birthed was awful and maybe created a couple of years of drama, but annoyingly so imo. And in any event that is over, and so is AS's pregnancy, and Sydney is still around, and is a useless appendage imo. Nicole can't carry a baby to term? That could be undone in the time it takes a writer to sharpen his pencil. So I don't think that explains why the writers would write in AS's pregnancy more than the would AZ's. My point still stands that I have no idea why Sydney exists as motivated from within the show, for reasons that extend beyond one short-term storyline.

But no matter how much drama these babies birth, or how they may be the leading stars of the show in the future (like Will is today, which is nice to see), the point still remains that I want Sami to close-up the baby-factory shop. That was the initial comment I was responding to - how one might think that was possible, given this is Sami we're talking, given this is AS we're talking about. If AS gets pregnant again, does that mean Sami will have another baby? Ugh, I hope not.
Edited by elci525, Feb 2 2013, 02:44 PM.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Well, I'll make sure to FF all of those scenes with Sami and her rapist.

Harmony233

elci525
Feb 2 2013, 02:34 PM
DawnElicia
lysie
DawnElicia

I don't think they were going for reality AT ALL. They could go for reality in many ways, and have I suppose, and that was not an example of it. AS being pregnant and the writers writing it into the story, as has been stated, is contrived and the writers bending to the wishes or circumstances of an actress. They did that during the Stan storyline too, and oh my that was awful and something I wish could be undone. They don't do that for every actress - it's not done all the time. And the result is that now Sami is saddled with a litter of children the show has to try to juggle around, imo unsuccessfully. I have doubts the show will be around in 10-15 yrs time for these children to be the future generation of the show. The babyswitch storyline Sydney birthed was awful and maybe created a couple of years of drama, but annoyingly so imo. And in any event that is over, and so is AS's pregnancy, and Sydney is still around, and is a useless appendage imo. Nicole can't carry a baby to term? That could be undone in the time it takes a writer to sharpen his pencil. So I don't think that explains why the writers would write in AS's pregnancy more than the would AZ's. My point still stands that I have no idea why Sydney exists as motivated from within the show, for reasons that extend beyond one short-term storyline.

But no matter how much drama these babies birth, or how they may be the leading stars of the show in the future (like Will is today, which is nice to see), the point still remains that I want Sami to close-up the baby-factory shop. That was the initial comment I was responding to - how one might think that was possible, given this is Sami we're talking, given this is AS we're talking about. If AS gets pregnant again, does that mean Sami will have another baby? Ugh, I hope not.
IA dont watch soaps to see the ame women pop out babies.WHat they did with sami is ridclous

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

DawnElicia
Feb 2 2013, 12:19 PM
camera shy
DawnElicia
Harmony233

Nicole cant have children or cant carry them to term. So i can see why they wouldnt write her pregnancy in the show.
Nicole hasn't yet because they wrote it that way. It's just as easy to write it the other way and have her give birth to a healthy baby.

As for this promo, James looks hot. That's all I got.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

sami being pregnant in 2008 when she alreday have 2 children less than one and one of them already of ej and she does not trying to keep jonhny from ej was really lame

concerned
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
spartan
Maggie28wubsEj

Yes - He's better up against a wall.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply