Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
OLTL Actors Banned From GH
Topic Started: Feb 2 2013, 12:31 PM (947 Views)
bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

'OLTL' actors banned from 'General Hospital'
Reborn soap wants Todd and Starr Manning, John McBain back in the fold
By TVDeeva Deanna Barnert
Posted Image

The happy news that "One Life to Live" and "All My Children" are back on track for online comebacks has turned into trouble for "General Hospital." With negotiations souring, "One Life to Live" alums Michael Easton (McBain), Roger Howarth (Todd) and Kristen Alderson (Starr) have been barred from working for "General Hospital" after Feb. 8. Their characters will air into March.

"Due to some ongoing legal this and that, I cannot be at 'General Hospital' after February 8," Michael Easton posted on Facebook in a message for fans and friends planning to send over gifts for his upcoming birthday. "Honestly not sure what the future holds, but I think it's going to take some time and some very bright people to resolve it."

As previously reported, "One Life to Live" still has rights to the characters of John McBain and Todd and Starr Manning, who have made new lives on "General Hospital." With all three actors under contract with ABC, "General Hospital" Exec Producer Frank Valentini was feeling optimistic about how this would all play out when he spoke to MSN TV in early January. It looked even more promising for "General Hospital" fans when the characters didn't show up on the early "OLTL" casting release, but it seems things aren't going as well as Valentini had hoped.

"It's turning into a real pissing contest," an insider told Daytime Confidential. "Jeff [Kwatinetz, Prospect Park CEO] went way above Time Square Studios' head. Word came down to Vicki [Dummer, TSS Executive VP] from [Disney CEO] Bob Iger's office for 'General Hospital' to do what Jeff wants. What they don't realize is the actors flat out don't want to do the reboot."

That last part may not be a problem. Prospect Park is looking to recast Starr, John and Todd, according to Soap Opera Digest. What more, in a recent press release, "General Hospital" revealed it was "exploring ways" to keep Michael Easton, Kristen Alderson and Roger Howarth in the fold.

Could they return as three new characters? Stay tuned for more on this story.

"General Hospital" airs weekdays on ABC. "One Life to Live" has resumed production, but has no premiere date.

MSN Entertainment
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 2 2013, 12:36 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

This is SO stupid!!!! Both shows are just shooting themselves in the foot!

I am assuming that GH only agreed "rent" these charters in the first place because they assumed (as many did) that PP would never get OLTL up and running on the internet!

Nate
Member Avatar

To be honest, even though I like Todd on GH, I like them better on OLTL.

I mean, OLTL without Todd wouldn't be the same for me, even though he's important on GH.

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

I saw this yesterday and there were numerous developments throughout the day. They're all under contract at ABC and not PP, therefore will be staying at GH.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/02/kristen-alderson-roger-howarth-and-michael-easton-staying-at-gh-after-all

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/02/prospect-park-releases-statement-on-gh-vs-oltl-and-what-it-means-for-fans-of-both-shows

Based on this, I THINK RH, ME, & KA will exit Todd, John, & Starr & return as different (new) characters.

This is just my assumptions, but it'll be interesting to see how things play out.

Tammy
Member Avatar

PP owns the character, and the actors work for ABC. Yep still stupid. :blink:

Meprincess

I want Michael EAston as CAleb. Screw John McBain. Michael Easton belongs on GH with Kelly Monaco.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

SON is reporting that Roger Howarth(Todd) is leaving GH, and going to ONE LIFE!!!

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Honestly Todd, Starr and John belong on OLTL but if the actors don't want to do the reboot then what?

Golden Duck
Member Avatar

Noooo!! I'm losing Roger! :(

At least ME may stay on as Caleb.

Don't care about KA.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

It seems to me everything that is confirmed today turns out to be false tomorrow and then takes on some other life form a day or two after that.

At first some of this was comical (although definitely not cute) but at this point, it is hurting my head and I just wish we could just fast forward a couple of months and get this God forsaken messed-up transitionary period over.

Mason
Member Avatar

Prospect Park looks completely ridiculous and petty in this whole situation, but it will be just about as absurd to me if GH retains these actors to then turn around and play new characters. No one really wins in that scenario (except maybe the actors).

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I wish ABC would just take the reigns of OLTL and AMC too. Cancel the mess that is the Chew, what a stupid name for a show lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply