Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
DR wants to know...
Topic Started: Feb 2 2013, 09:48 PM (8,635 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

In honor of Valentine's Day, we want to hear about your favorite romantic scenes. We'll eventually do a separate love scene list, so that's not really what we're looking for here. We're looking for special dates, proposals, etc, but if those things lead to a love scene, that's okay, too. On this board, those scenes are often referred to as "schmoop." Remember, we're making a countdown, so the more "votes" a scene gets, the more likely that it will appear on our final list. Make sure you provide enough context that we can figure out which scene you're talking about. You can post your favorites in this thread, pm them to me, or tweet them to the DR account.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Oh that's easy. The schmoopiest proposal ever:

It's a thousand kinds of velveeta and I love every minute of it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

angie37
Member Avatar

Steve and Kayla dancing on the roof top after she'd lost her hearing has always been and always will be one of my favorite scenes from Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

angie37
Feb 2 2013, 10:48 PM
Steve and Kayla dancing on the roof top after she'd lost her hearing has always been and always will be one of my favorite scenes from Days.
That's an excellent one as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mellymet

Gotta add two of my favorite schmoopy scenes

Bo and Hope's "wedding of the heart" in Oak Alley and subsequent carriage ride on the grounds as Rhett and Scarlett 1984

Bo's proposal to Hope on the Fancy Face 1996

Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Jack and Jen in the Alamania tunnel when he lays his heart out to her and she shuts it down.
Edited by mer4santo, Feb 2 2013, 11:40 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 2 2013, 10:48 PM
Oh that's easy. The schmoopiest proposal ever:

It's a thousand kinds of velveeta and I love every minute of it.
I second this one.

One of the best Schmoopy moments of all time.

Offline Profile Goto Top

ohgreatone22
Member Avatar

When Lucas proposed to Sami by singing to her in front of everyone:

Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

ohgreatone22
Feb 2 2013, 11:10 PM

OMG soooooooo schmoopy!!! lol :wub2: awww, memories. Gets my vote 110%. Surprised BD had as decent a voice as he did (not great, no one is saying that). I think I read or heard somewhere he was in a glee club in HS or something like that. Terrified at the prospect of performing it though, he was. And of course Sami takes ten years to give an answer - way to leave a guy hanging =)

Hey look - it's whatshername terrible Belle actress in that clip. And, oh, always did love how much of a Lumi shipper Julie was.
Edited by elci525, Feb 3 2013, 12:11 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SShEfEGTrhA

Love this - and so cheesy, LOL!
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

elci525
Feb 2 2013, 11:15 PM
ohgreatone22

OMG soooooooo schmoopy!!! lol :wub2: awww, memories. Surprised BD had as decent a voice as he did (not great, no one is saying that). I think I read or heard somewhere he was in a glee club in HS or something like that. Terrified at the prospect of performing it though, he was. And of course Sami takes ten years to give an answer - way to leave a guy hanging =)
Girl, we share the same brain!!!!

I posted that too, just now. :D :D :D

Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

MericP
Feb 2 2013, 11:17 PM
elci525
ohgreatone22

OMG soooooooo schmoopy!!! lol :wub2: awww, memories. Surprised BD had as decent a voice as he did (not great, no one is saying that). I think I read or heard somewhere he was in a glee club in HS or something like that. Terrified at the prospect of performing it though, he was. And of course Sami takes ten years to give an answer - way to leave a guy hanging =)

Gurrrllllll ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

I was never a fan of Daniel and Chloe mostly because I hate both Daniel and Chloe.

But these scenes were over the top hot - and they made me a bit uncomfortable, like I was watching something I shouldn't have been. ;)

http://youtu.be/0f7dKQdMrFc

Edited by MericP, Feb 2 2013, 11:27 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Steve and Kayla's wedding in the snow. (This is after they've left town after telling Jack about their relationship, but before Kayla has told Steve that Jack raped her.)

Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

MericP
Feb 2 2013, 11:24 PM
I was never a fan of Daniel and Chloe mostly because I hate both Daniel and Chloe.

But these scenes were over the top hot - and they made me a bit uncomfortable, like I was watching something I shouldn't have been. ;)

LOL - that music. And Daniel would prefer Jennifer to THAT?!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

If 70's DAYS was readily available, I have no problem assuming that Doug and Julie would own this shit. Since it's not though, this will have to do ...

Doug and Julie's first kiss

Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

Last one, I swear.

I was young when this was going on and watched it in secret, lol.

Kate and Nick - in her office.

Kate is a MILF and Nick was sex on a stick.

http://youtu.be/3ITvovmhP3w
Offline Profile Goto Top

ohgreatone22
Member Avatar

MericP
Feb 2 2013, 11:17 PM
elci525
ohgreatone22

lol, great minds think alike! :P

and yeah, I just noticed that that was the bad Belle in that clip.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

elci525
Feb 2 2013, 11:32 PM
MericP
Feb 2 2013, 11:24 PM

LOL - that music. And Daniel would prefer Jennifer to THAT?!
Night and day...

So odd. Daniel was almost tolerable with Chloe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

ohgreatone22

This was during JER's 2nd run, right? I swear, JER was batshit crazy, but he did do romance well! Love this!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic