Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
DR wants to know...
Topic Started: Feb 2 2013, 09:48 PM (8,650 Views)
Harmony233

blueskies
Feb 2 2013, 11:42 PM
ohgreatone22
Feb 2 2013, 11:10 PM
When Lucas proposed to Sami by singing to her in front of everyone:

This was during JER's 2nd run, right? I swear, JER was batshit crazy, but he did do romance well! Love this!
yes i'm not sure when he started i know higley done sami's accident where she couldn't speak but i think JER did most of lumi's built up to there romance.JER was actually really good at building a couple up and there romane it was the other stuff he wrote crazily lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Feb 2 2013, 11:32 PM
If 70's DAYS was readily available, I have no problem assuming that Doug and Julie would own this shit. Since it's not though, this will have to do ...

Doug and Julie's first kiss

I love her 70's feminism, "would you like to fix yourself a drink?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I have deep rooted trouble with schmoop, but I do remember the Steve and Kayla scenes. They were my favorite and I still have unfortunate memories of that scene on the couch with Jack. I vote for this scene. Thanks granolagirl.

Wow, Julie looks so pretty in that vid, talk about a classic and I totally dig Doug's clothing. HAH!
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 2 2013, 11:51 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CatherineEarnshaw

The plane is the greatest love scene ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtrUmApFfqE&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Not love scenes...
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

I still love classic Shelle :wub:

Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

and i admit, i loved exceedingly corny Chloe/Brady; probably far more than i should have, lol :wub:

Edited by blueskies, Feb 3 2013, 12:26 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

I loved Jack and Jen's tango on the COD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spW994EJn7Y
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

bomber
Feb 3 2013, 12:19 AM
I loved Jack and Jen's tango on the COD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spW994EJn7Y
Jack's outfit is pure early 90's hilarious!
Offline Profile Goto Top

MericP
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 3 2013, 12:17 AM
and i admit, i loved exceedingly corny Chloe/Brady; probably far more than i should have, lol :wub:

I had anti-brady banner that was born from one of those Broe scenes.

Kyle Lowder channeling Liza Minelli or something like that, lol.

I hated these scenes; so cheesy, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

Offline Profile Goto Top

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

CatherineEarnshaw
Feb 2 2013, 11:57 PM
I know we are not supposed to be highlighting love scenes but that was the greatest love scene on a plane ever, CLASSIC Days! :roflol:

And for whatever reason I was a big Mike and Carrie fan!
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 3 2013, 02:23 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

I second the Steve and Kayla ones.

As for Jack and Jennifer, they've had their share of schmoop. Sorry I don't have clips, but, aside from the two already mentioned (COD dance and Tunnel confession) the ones that come to mind, in no particularl order, are:

1) Jack's rooftop proposal circa October/November 1990. As with the Tunnel confession, Jennifer is hiding a secret and Jack is horribly uncertain, but trying.)

2) February 2003, Jack surprises Jennifer on Valentine's Day. This leads to Jennifer's proposal to him.

3) January 1992. Jack sings to Jennifer on the set of the Dr. Love game show.That's the night Abigail was conceived.

4) October 2003, Jack writes out his promises to Jennifer on a napkin while they're at dinner. (Schmoopy, but marred by the fact that JER killed Jack off the next day.)

Lots more to choose from, but I'll stop for now. Unfortunately, their last run didn't have a smidgeon of schmoop that I could see or would care to recall.

Edited by annie21, Feb 3 2013, 12:50 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Okay, I limited myself to just one scene (for now, LOL) for each of my favorite ships...

EJAMI - ABANDONED HOUSE DANCE
Perfect song ("The way you look tonight", perfect cheesy dialogue ("You like romance." "Yes, I do.") and a perfect almost kiss.

BOPE - BO TAKES HOPE AWAY FROM HER WEDDING ON HIS MOTORCYLE
Again, the song choice("Holding out for a hero"), the chase in the park and the dialogue is nothing but pure, cheesy, romantic goodness.

PAYLA - THEIR FIRST KISS
Steve and Kayla are probably my all-time favorite Days couple and they have so many great romantic scenes to choose from, but this one always stays with me. It's crazy how much they had already been through before they reached this moment.

JACK/JEN - ROOFTOP PROPOSAL
I think this scene is one of the best embodiments of the fantastic dynamic they had back in the day. It's funny, it's tragic, it's sweet, it's perfect.

Edited by tomsawyer, Feb 3 2013, 01:02 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

annie21

tomsawyer
Feb 3 2013, 12:59 AM
Okay, I limited myself to just one scene (for now, LOL) for each of my favorite ships...

EJAMI - ABANDONED HOUSE DANCE
Perfect song ("The way you look tonight", perfect cheesy dialogue ("You like romance." "Yes, I do.") and a perfect almost kiss.

BOPE - BO TAKES HOPE AWAY FROM HER WEDDING ON HIS MOTORCYLE
Again, the song choice("Holding out for a hero"), the chase in the park and the dialogue is nothing but pure, cheesy, romantic goodness.

PAYLA - THEIR FIRST KISS
Steve and Kayla are probably my all-time favorite Days couple and they have so many great romantic scenes to choose from, but this one always stays with me. It's crazy how much they had already been through before they reached this moment.

JACK/JEN - ROOFTOP PROPOSAL
I think this scene is one of the best embodiments of the fantastic dynamic they had back in the day. It's funny, it's tragic, it's sweet, it's perfect.
I don't follow Ejami (either individually or together), but I definitely second the others on your list!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

oh Brandon, you were stupid getting taken in by Sami, but the two of you were adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc4-jieIx10

edit: added better version

edit2: and i admit, i'm still holding out for Brandon; he's so my #1; but actually i take that back, Sami doesn't deserve him.
Edited by blueskies, Feb 3 2013, 01:53 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

I feel like there isn't enough of the schmoopiest couple EVER on Days - John and Marlena. Allow me to remedy that.

1) My personal favorite? John and Marlena the night after their engagement. Yes, they are in bed, but it ain't a love scene. So much flirty goodness here, including the hallmarks of a good J&M scene - moaning while making out and long, drawn out discussions about their unending love.

2) Anytime John gives Marlena jewelry, he includes some sticky sweet dialogue about what it means to him and she pretends to be shocked that he gave her some ugly ass ornament. Case study provided:

The Garnet Necklace

EDIT: Mike and Carrie's engagement - Dr. Mike comes in to whisk his fair maiden away to the mysterious Kingdom of Israel on a white horse. SO CHEESY. I LOVE IT.

Edited by nickyj12345, Feb 3 2013, 01:48 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

I know I'm a J&J lover but I've got to admit nothing can beat Bo on his bike kidnapping Hope at her wedding. I must have rewatched that ep 1,000,000 times when I was a teenager.
Edited by bomber, Feb 3 2013, 01:57 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

MericP
Feb 3 2013, 12:27 AM
blueskies
Feb 3 2013, 12:17 AM

I had anti-brady banner that was born from one of those Broe scenes.

Kyle Lowder channeling Liza Minelli or something like that, lol.

I hated these scenes; so cheesy, lol.
oh believe me, i know they're like a block of cheese with melted cheese on top, but I can't help it, I love them, lol.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic