Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
DR wants to know...
Topic Started: Feb 2 2013, 09:48 PM (8,720 Views)
six
Member Avatar

Roman and Diana 'shut up' scene.
Obviously, only the first video, not the whole playlist. :) It's not schmoopy in a syrupy way, but it is cheesy.

esp13, if there's ever a competition for 'schmoopiest scene of all time' that one would definitely win. ;)
Edited by six, Feb 5 2013, 06:23 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Feb 5 2013, 06:22 PM

Roman and Diana 'shut up' scene.
Obviously, only the first video, not the whole playlist. :) It's not schmoopy in a syrupy way, but it is cheesy.

esp13, if there's ever a competition for 'schmoopiest scene of all time' that one would definitely win. ;)
You mean that's not what this is? Hmm . . . I totally need to revamp my strategy then. ;)
Online Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

You'll have to convince us that it's our favorite, now lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ana75
Member Avatar

This one of my fave Broe scenes out of many. Brady and Chloe's first kiss!! :) :wub: :wub:

Don't know how to insert the video here so here is the link.
http://youtu.be/pNAcidMPPgw
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Feb 5 2013, 08:47 PM
Well, I already got Soapy and Soc on board (just because they were doing it to get off probation shouldn't matter). I can get there with a little time, patience, and a whole lot of emotional manipulation. ;)
Online Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

esp13
Feb 5 2013, 08:58 PM
six
Well, I already got Soapy and Soc on board (just because they were doing it to get off probation shouldn't matter). I can get there with a little time, patience, and a whole lot of emotional manipulation. ;)
Just don't cross her or inadvertently compare her to a certain character and you might - maybe - have a chance to escape her powers of persuasion.

Having said that, though - it really is a classicly great schmoopy scene...so it wasn't hard to throw my vote in the ring.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 5 2013, 03:43 PM
AHM
Feb 5 2013, 02:48 PM
esp13
Feb 5 2013, 11:24 AM
esp13
Feb 2 2013, 10:48 PM
Oh that's easy. The schmoopiest proposal ever:

It's a thousand kinds of velveeta and I love every minute of it.
Yes, I'm quoting myself, what of it?

I get that everybody has their favorite couples and there have been some wonderful moments posted. But, honestly, how can you not watch this and see that it is the schmoopiest, cheesiest, most OTT proposal ever? He's singing and SIGNING the song. She's DEAF and MUTE. He's crying (granted, that's not unusual for Steve, he's a bit of a sap).

Come on, people. Show some objectivity here. My boy wins hands down. ;) :D
It is certainly schmoop. And good schmoop. Schmoop is so often crap, but this is good schmoop. I mean, it's OTT, and I don't care, because these two deserved some OTT.
Yes they did. I said this on Twitter, but I'll repeat it here. This scene encapsulates everything that I have ever loved and hated about soaps.

He's proposing in sign because she is deaf and mute due to an attack by her father in law, a Senator/presidential candidate turned serial killer. The proposal is coming now because her husband, his long-lost and recently revealed brother, has finally granted her a divorce after delaying the process despite the fact that he raped her after finding out she was having an affiar with the guy now proposing. Not to mention that the guy proposing had spent the better part of the last 18 months running from the woman he is proposing to for various reasons related to his thug past, his abusive/abandoned childhood, and his desire to save said long-lost and recently revealed brother.

It sounds fairly ridiculous when written out, yet it was one of the best (IMO) storylines the show ever did. And, it continued in various forms for another 2+ years. That is everything great about soaps.

The OTT cheesiness and schmoopiness is everything that ever caused me to roll my eyes at a soap opera. But when coming at the culimination of all of the above, it also made me bawl. And that's what makes it great.
SO.MUCH.THIS.

This storyline, this couple is bottom line why I've stuck with Days as long as I have.

This was the epitome of Days at its absolute best,IMO.

I've loved other couples before them & since but they will always be my favorite.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cockymom
Member Avatar

I'm throwing in my vote for Steve's over the top sign language proposal, Jack's rooftop proposal to Jennifer, and because Everett hasn't had time to make the list (which I'm sure he would be at the top) EJ's fishing hat proposal to Sami.
Online Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Bo kidnapping Hope from her wedding to Larry & their "wedding" at Oak Alley (or any part of Oak Alley, for that matter) are still on the list too. ;)
Edited by Supergirlx2, Feb 6 2013, 12:43 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DesignatedShelley
Member Avatar

I have a quick question - if there is a post with perhas 6 items listed on it and I like one of those items, and I like the post, will that then give a vote to all 6 items? I assume yes, and in any case it's not a problem with me, just curious. I hope tallying from this thread doesn't get to be a big pain, especially as I went through and hit "like" on multiple posts talking about the same moment. If that's a problem I can go back and unlike some posts.

Anyway, I'm still deciding what counts as "schmoop" for Jack and Jennifer. I actually really don't love a lot of the 2003 stuff because it's just too saccharine for me (I like it because it's them, and the idea counts, and I like the chemistry, but I don't adore a lot of it), so I'll have to go and think of what's appropriate for this thread. Not to turn this into a semantics debate about "schmoop" though.

Want to give a nod to Bope's wedding vows and John & Marlena's pier reunion. Those are pretty iconic DAYS ROMANCE moments to me, complete with unadulterated earnest outpouring of the kind of love that makes you think you can climb mountains and swim oceans and defeat evil scientists and save England, etc.

I love Doug and Julie's green dress "Most Beautiful Girl in the World" dance, even if I've only ever seen it on Youtube.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

This is a good schmoopy Jack and Jen - their mock wedding vows in Alamania. " Take you for better and mostly worse" and "be my other if not necessarily better half". Lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbrYjSrjpV4
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

^I hadn't thought of the mock wedding vows, but that's a really good pick for JnJ schmoopy. It works without being too cheesy because it's got just the right kind of JnJ humor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

We'll be taking your votes until tomorrow night. So if you haven't chimed in yet, there's still time.

Offline Profile Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

My vote goes to the Ejami abandon house scene.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

The EJami abandoned house scene gets my vote.
Offline Profile Goto Top

myendlessloveejami

The EJami abandoned house scene gets my vote.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

EJ_SamiFF
Feb 10 2013, 05:26 PM
My vote goes to the Ejami abandon house scene.
Put me down for this one, too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

I definitely want to throw a vote in for the EJami abandoned house scenes.

I need to narrow down my J&J pick. Gonna go look at some clips! Wheeeeeeeeeee!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 5 2013, 08:58 PM
six
I'm on board too, esp, Steve's signing proposal all the way!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

Okay, J&J's rooftop proposal is my pick for them. :wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic