Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, February 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 4 2013, 08:58 AM (9,197 Views)
NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

concerned
Feb 4 2013, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure what you have to say to upset the lighting department... but they are definitely not team Ejami.
Thank god! :hail:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

I though the show was very boring. Definitely the weakest in awhile.

AFaithL

Delete
Edited by AFaithL, Feb 4 2013, 09:26 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I actually enjoyed this episode for the most part.

I loved the John/Stefano confrontation. Stefano's reaction to John barging into his...wherever he is...which was obviously the DiMera Mansion was hilarious. It was like he had been waiting for John and instantly realized how much Kristen was getting under John's skin. I loved his comment about how he's been there, done that with Marlena and how Kristen has traded John in for a better model. Harsh words.

I liked Will/Caroline and Will/Marlena is always good. Marlena/Nick piqued my interest a lot. I'm hoping that Marlena will be the first person to catch on that Nick is lying to Will and trying to go behind his back. And how far Nick is actually willing to go to keep Will out of the baby's life. Hopefully that puts her in harms way or causes Nick and Kristen to team up. It would definitely raise the stakes if Marlena was questioning Nick a lot more.

Kristen/Marlena is getting repetitive for me, but I always love to see them in scenes together. Can't help it. I just think Marlena and Kristen need to have a little bit of a slapfest because Marlena is the good guy here and she just comes off as so smug. I'm not really rooting for her, but I do feel bad for her about John leaving.

The EJami scenes did nothing for me, but I'm sure their fans were loving it and its what they've been asking for so I say good for them. I saw #EJami trending on Twitter so they definitely caused some buzz one way or another. We will find out if that reflects in the ratings.

I've never been into Brady and Kristen, but this is the best relationship Martsolf's Brady has ever had, IMO. Nothing has even come close to this for me, so Eileen Davidson must be working her magic. I love Sarah Joy Brown and Lindsay Hartley. Two of my all-time favorites and they couldn't make Brady work for me. I loved how Kristen just used him to piss Marlena off in the beginning of the episode and I really enjoyed the Kristen/Stefano conversation. I hope Kristen can follow through with her supposed plan because I don't want Kristen in love with Brady at all. I'm going to need some actual Kristen/Stefano scenes because I love how she can really be herself in their conversations and actually talk about evil shit. Which has been lacking for me.

Chloe's Parker crying scheme was laughable to me, but I still like anything that tortures Dannifer. The Parker/Daniel bonding has started so I'm guessing soon Chloe will be on her death bed or going to jail and the Parker/Jennifer bonding will start. SIGH. I really wish they would have brought Chloe back for Chloe/Brady/Kristen or Chloe/Eric/Nicole. I thought Nadia wanted to redeem the character. Chloe has never been anything like she is right now. The Jennifer/Kristen scene was interesting. I liked seeing them together, but I hope they don't actually become friends again. I really just can't take much Jennifer right now. She's one of my few complaints about the show.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

concerned
Feb 4 2013, 09:14 PM
I'm not sure what you have to say to upset the lighting department... but they are definitely not team Ejami.
If only they could send a few tweets from the @nbcdays account every once in a while... :(

Lanemack
Member Avatar

Thought that ya'll were exaggerating about the EJ/Sami "Oh L L" music - um, nope. Horrific. Wasn't sexy, wasn't romantic, it was cringe-worthy. Way to wreck a good scene. Too bad it's now going to be played over and over again x infinity on YouTube. Regardless, thought the scenes were sweet (I liked the lighting!). Just don't like the talk about kids while trying to have a romantic evening. I don't like "domestic" EJ - much like I didn't like "domestic" Rafe/Sami.

BigFat Irish Head
Member Avatar

Once upon a time, I despised Ejami . . . mostly because of EJ. He became a tremendous bully shortly after his initial charming introduction. I absolutely hated how he treated Sami during the early days.

A few years later, I grew to like and enjoy EJ, but still hated them together because I began to hate Sami. I came to dislike Sami so much that when EJ periodically reverted to cruel tactics (Sydnapping, Rafe doppleganger etc.), I didn't mind at all. In fact, I rooted for EJ and felt no sympathy for Sami.

So today, after many years of twisted malevolence, Ejami finally has an unhindered sex scene. No violence or threats, no fighting, no manipulation, no third party, no screw o' grief, no immediate obstacles surrounding them.

And . . .

. . . . the show uses the Ultimate Cheese Fest song introduced for Carrie and Rafe: "Yeeeaah . . . Oooooh, LA-LA . . . Feel the Heat . . . Feel My Heart It's Skip-ping . . . An Extra Beat . . . Oooooh, LA-LA . . ."

BUAHAHAHAHA!!!! :tvwatch:

That Carrie/Rafe scene was probably my favorite non-intentional, best Days comic moment EVER.

Admittedly, this didn't come as close. It was missing Cafe's super-awkward, oh-so-obvious ogling, and especially Carrie's ice cube orgasms.

But, I have to thank the producers for making my day with another Cheezapooloza for Ejami. No one could pull off hot and sexy with this epically lame music.

AFaithL

DiMeraFan67
Feb 4 2013, 10:20 PM
I loved his comment about how he's been there, done that with Marlena and how Kristen has traded John in for a better model.
I loved that comment, too. First of all, it's 100% true. And anything that knocks John's ego down a few pegs is awesome. Yes, John, it's true: Brady is an upgrade. How do you like them apples??? Ha!

And yes, this is Brady's best pairing by far. So glad they've found an actress he works well with. The story sucks, but the chemistry is there. You can always get a better story, but you can't "get" better chemistry. Don't blow it, DAYS.

AFaithL

And today was the first time I've like John in 5 months. And he was previously my favorite male. Hopefully the writers keep it up, instead of whatever the hell they've been doing to him lately.

And yeah, the Mar/Kris scenes are getting repetitive. Kristen either needs to be exposed or they need to move her in another direction.

concerned
Member Avatar

In all the years I've been paying close attention to EJ this is only the second time he's worn a singlet under a shirt. (the other time was with Sami too)
I've seen multiple shirts ripped off and never a singlet around.
I'm wondering if its bullet proof.

Note Sami : I'ld probably avoid all references to "first times".

Lanemack
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 4 2013, 10:45 PM
In all the years I've been paying close attention to EJ this is only the second time he's worn a singlet under a shirt. (the other time was with Sami too)
I've seen multiple shirts ripped off and never a singlet around.
I'm wondering if its bullet proof.

Note Sami : I'ld probably avoid all references to "first times".
Hey, maybe EJ borrowed it from Rafe - he wore one in his "Oh L L" scene, too.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 4 2013, 01:27 PM
Johnny is at a sleepover with Joey, Sydney, & Aunt Kayla. Meanwhile, Allie must be off somewhere playing in traffic. smdh
I laughed WAY too hard at that. :laugh: Poor Allie. :shame:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I enjoyed this whole episode.

Stefano and John were a bit random but I was too excited to see Stefano back to care.

Marlena v. Kristen was all kinds of awesome! Kudos to Marlena for that parting shot.

Like others said before, the juxdapostion of Will/Caroline and Nick was good. Nick is cray!!! :ermm:

LOVE the ejami scenes. I ate it up with a spoon. I liked the dark room and peeking in from the shades effect; it felt like we were peeking in an intimate moment. The song was whatever. A smidge distracting but it didn't take away from the scenes, IMO. EJ was adorable bringing in bagels and wine. And the french accent! I was done! :wub: They looked very much in love and it my ejami loving heart good. The fangirl is pleased.

Chloe is forever in my debt for stopping that crap known as Dannifer. Extra points for looking flawless while doing it.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

blueskies
Feb 4 2013, 07:45 PM
i'm bothered by the fact that Sami said, "our kids opinions are all that matter." So, Allie's opinion doesn't matter? I realize Will no longer lives at home, so I can sort of understand why his opinion doesn't matter, but ALLIE'S???
That entire dialogue is straight word for word practically the same as when Lucas and Sami made love for the first time after conceiving Will. They woke up in bed and Sami said how his mother was going to freak, and he told her he didn't care, they'd have to keep it under wraps but the only one that matters to them was Will and how he felt and Lucas then said he would be so happy if he ever found out they did the deed.....

It made sense for Sami and Lucas to say that back then, as Sami only had one child and that child's father was Lucas...but now she has 4, with 2 different fathers...so Allie and Will's opinion SHOULD matter to Sami, but obviously Will is too old to care, and Allie isn't important.

chinkybig

John and Stefano scene was a welcome surprise. Loved seeing Stefano again back in action, not just through texts and calls. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Stefano resurrect his obsession with Marlena, since I personally find them to have more chemistry (albeit more disgust on Marlena's part) than Stefano and Kate ever had. Thank you to the writers too, for writing John properly, at least in this episode. BUT...I wish that the writers also made John realize that in this scenario, John is really more to blame as to what is happening. He chose to lose his brain and believe Kristen rather than believing in Marlena. But oh well, that's the habit of the Bradys and Blacks. Something goes wrong, and Stefano is always to blame.

Marlena and Kristen confrontations need to step up. And I am quite worried that Marlena's "prediction" on how things will end up for Brady and Kristen might come true, if the writers continue to mess up Brady and Kristen by making Kristen fall in love with Brady for real. Seriously, I don't need to see Kristen groveling again over a Black guy. JUST...STOP... what I want to see more is for Kristen to go for the kill with Brady, serve John and Marlena cold hard revenge by marrying Brady, having his child, and then maybe Brady will then see the light and make him "evil" too, by taking away Kristen's and his baby for himself to raise....and let just all hell break loose. I just feel that the writers, if they do this right, Kristen can actually be an "actual" heir of the Di Mera empire, despite not being a real Di Mera (as we are seeing EJ being a wuss with Sami) and can wage another generation of war by destroying Brady and Brady attempting to destroy her back.

But...again, I am getting way ahead of myself here, and assuming that the writers will do right by the characters and potentially great storylines. And well all know how these people can still manage to shoot themselves on the foot. :D

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I don't know if it's the writing or Deidre, but I hated the way Marlena was in this episode. Slap the bitch! Marlena just seems weak, where is her backbone?Her complete bitch comment was laughable.

I only caught the first 20 minutes, but that's all I have to comment on.

chinkybig

LuvingLumi
Feb 4 2013, 11:08 PM
blueskies
Feb 4 2013, 07:45 PM
i'm bothered by the fact that Sami said, "our kids opinions are all that matter." So, Allie's opinion doesn't matter? I realize Will no longer lives at home, so I can sort of understand why his opinion doesn't matter, but ALLIE'S???
That entire dialogue is straight word for word practically the same as when Lucas and Sami made love for the first time after conceiving Will. They woke up in bed and Sami said how his mother was going to freak, and he told her he didn't care, they'd have to keep it under wraps but the only one that matters to them was Will and how he felt and Lucas then said he would be so happy if he ever found out they did the deed.....

Sami is just saying that for "show". Since when did other people's opinion matter for Sami? ^o) The only person that matters for Sami is herself. She will always end up making this all about herself. Gag me. :x

LovingDays

i miss vivian :(

AFaithL

I want another woman to come along and make Kristen jealous. Something to smack some sense into her and make her realize she is falling for Brady...and she could lose him. Kristen needs some romantic competition so she learns not to treat men like shit. Maybe a Kristen/Brady/Nicole triangle.
Edited by AFaithL, Feb 5 2013, 01:12 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Entire show except the Johnny cuteness? Meh.

And did they cut the lighting budget because the lighting sucked today.
Edited by mer4santo, Feb 5 2013, 02:31 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply