Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of Feb 4; Twitter/FB list, Contact info in first post
Topic Started: Feb 4 2013, 11:17 AM (31,918 Views)
mae
Member Avatar

jam6242
Feb 10 2013, 02:27 PM

Mascolo and Gering for Lead

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Regarding NEXT year's Emmys (2014), Casey Deidrick and Kate Mansi turn 25 this year and Freddie turns 25 next March, but I think they can submit stuff up until their birthdays, so for the 2014 Daytime Emmys, they could choose to submit something from the first half of the year as a Younger category, or something from the second half of the year as a Supporting category. The only ones still under 25 after next March are Chandler and Camila.

UPDATE: Just checked the rule book and you submit through age 25 in the younger category, so Casey, Kate and Freddie have another full year to go in the younger categories. It's when you turn 26 that you have to submit in lead/supporting.

Here's the Younger rule: Younger Actress and Actor Categories Awards for Younger Actress and Younger Actor in a Drama Series (categories 25 and 26) recognize the work of Performers aged 25 and under. All individuals entering or show contacts entering on their behalf, must provide proof of age with entry. Please scan driverĺs license or birth certificate and attach it to the online entry or email.

And, for those interested, here's the dates for the upcoming Emmy events:

February 20, 2013: Pre-Nom Judging Ballots are returned to the accounting firm of Lutz and Carr.
February 27, 2013: Pre-Nominations are announced.
March 15, 2013: DVDs and Synopses from the 10 performers advancing from the pre-nom round are due for the Blue Ribbon round of judging. DVDs should be sent to All Mobile Video. Synopses should be emailed to daytime@emmyonline.tv.
March 27, 2013: Blue Ribbon round judging begins. DVDs are distributed.
April 22, 2013: Blue Ribbon Ballots return deadline. Blue Ribbon Round Ballots are returned to the accounting firm of Lutz and Carr.
May 1 2012: All Daytime Emmy« Awards Nominations are announced.
June: The Daytime Creative Arts and Entertainment Emmy« Awards ceremony- Date/Location TBD
June: The Daytime Entertainment Emmy« Awards- Date/Location TBD
Edited by Jason47, Feb 10 2013, 09:36 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Anyone read Nelson's Soaps Uncensored blog? I was wondering if he released all of the people who submitted. He teased it in a tweet.

chinkybig

With all the preliminary submissions we are seeing and how the rules are being laid out, I think we can safely say that Daytime Emmys is the new Razzie.

Don't even get me started on GG potentially being nominated for the Lead category. Ugh.

Wondering who will submit for the Lead actress category? Or supporting actress category? I hope AZ submits her work for the Supporting actress category; she has turned out great work in the past year. Hey, if Shawn Christian and GG can submit (*rolls eyes) , the MORE she should. LOL.
Edited by chinkybig, Feb 10 2013, 10:49 PM.

chinkybig

Cathalina
Feb 10 2013, 04:09 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 10 2013, 03:55 PM
DiMeraFan67
Feb 10 2013, 03:09 PM
No Eric Braeden or James Scott? No Peter Reckell? Not saying any would win, but these are regulars. DAYS really disappoints me with their lack of submissions.
JS said he decided not to submit this year because he didn't think he had anything that was Emmy caliber.
Wow! Really? If anything JS had a lot of airtime and was heavy in story. Way to bite the hand that feeds you. At least Gering and Christian had the idea to submit.
I am not a fan of JS's character, but if he chose not to submit, I don't see it as an act of "biting the hand that feeds you". At least he recognizes the fact that maybe he did not have great material that is at par with the competing field OR maybe that he did not have something as consistently great material as what he had in the previous years. At the end of the day, it is also the discretion of the actor/ actress whether they want to submit or not. If it makes him sleep better at night, then good for him.

On the other hand, I don't know if I can say the same for GG and SC. Have they had good material compared to the other actors in other soap / competitive playing field? Maybe yes, but in my opinion, a big resounding no. :D

lysie
Member Avatar

chinkybig
Feb 10 2013, 10:46 PM
With all the preliminary submissions we are seeing and how the rules are being laid out, I think we can safely say that Daytime Emmys is the new Razzie.

Don't even get me started on GG potentially being nominated for the Lead category. Ugh.

Wondering who will submit for the Lead actress category? Or supporting actress category? I hope AZ submits her work for the Supporting actress category; she has turned out great work in the past year. Hey, if Shawn Christian and GG can submit (*rolls eyes) , the MORE she should. LOL.
I don't disagree about the nature of the Daytime Emmys, but it's not that outlandish that GG is eligible to submit as lead actor. He is a lead actor. In order for him to submit, he's the only one who has to think he has the work to back it up. It's not the first time he's submitted.

chinkybig

^^ Yes, I agree with that point. Everyone is entitled to choose to submit or not to submit if he feels he has the work to back it up. It's my opinion as to whether he has good material to submit that is different from his (obviously as he submitted, lol).

That being said, if he snags a nomination, good for him AND for the show. At this point, any award or nomination will be good for Days. :)

lysie
Member Avatar

chinkybig
Feb 10 2013, 10:53 PM
Cathalina
tomsawyer
DiMeraFan67
No Eric Braeden or James Scott? No Peter Reckell? Not saying any would win, but these are regulars. DAYS really disappoints me with their lack of submissions.
JS said he decided not to submit this year because he didn't think he had anything that was Emmy caliber.
Wow! Really? If anything JS had a lot of airtime and was heavy in story. Way to bite the hand that feeds you. At least Gering and Christian had the idea to submit.
I am not a fan of JS's character, but if he chose not to submit, I don't see it as an act of "biting the hand that feeds you". At least he recognizes the fact that maybe he did not have great material that is at par with the competing field OR maybe that he did not have something as consistently great material as what he had in the previous years. At the end of the day, it is also the discretion of the actor/ actress whether they want to submit or not. If it makes him sleep better at night, then good for him.

On the other hand, I don't know if I can say the same for GG and SC. Have they had good material compared to the other actors in other soap / competitive playing field? Maybe yes, but in my opinion, a big resounding no. :D
I don't have a problem with people choosing not to submit, but I think it's ridiculous for actors like JS or AS or AZ (who I don't think has ever done this) to claim they didn't have the material. The show is horribly inconsistent, but the lead actors get all kinds of Emmy bait constantly. The overall story sucks but the individual scenes are what matters here, and they've all had ample opportunity to shine. Don't get me wrong. I think they all have sucked, but it hasn't been for lack of material.

chinkybig

For this year, I am just rooting for Ariane Zucker (Nicole) to get a nomination, and maybe win, 'cause this has been one of Nicole's, if not her banner year.

concerned
Member Avatar

OK I was confused before but Peggy McKay is lead actress and Ari is a supporting actress?? I guess its based on total episode counts over a lifetime. Maybe that explains Joe Mascolo as lead actor.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I haven't heard that because I haven't seen the full list. But if that's true its just based on what the actor wants to consider themselves. Peggy McKay probably figured she had nothing to lose by going for lead actress. And sometimes the Lead categories are actually weaker than the Supporting. Its all actor's preference.

Will&Sonny

tomsawyer
DiMeraFan67
That makes two of us, although I wouldn't limit that statement to "this year".

Will&Sonny

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but something about Michael Muhney's attitude always makes me hope that he will never receive an Emmy. He strikes me as the kind of person whose acceptance speech would be something like, "I'd like to thank myself for being so awesome, and the voters for finally doing the right thing and recognizing that awesomeness. Better late than never."

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I thought some of the Lexie and EJ scenes were very good. There was one scene from either May or June where they were talking on the Carver couch which was excellent. JS didn't seem smarmy or schmoopy that day. EJ is always more watchable when he's dealing with family issues instead of romantic issues and his scenes with Lexie last year were very good.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Feb 11 2013, 08:43 AM
I thought some of the Lexie and EJ scenes were very good. There was one scene from either May or June where they were talking on the Carver couch which was excellent. JS didn't seem smarmy or schmoopy that day. EJ is always more watchable when he's dealing with family issues instead of romantic issues and his scenes with Lexie last year were very good.
I think JS was wasted last year. He usually performs well around JM and AZ or non- romantic villainy shenanigans, I understand him not submitting anything.

lysie
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 11 2013, 12:29 AM
OK I was confused before but Peggy McKay is lead actress and Ari is a supporting actress?? I guess its based on total episode counts over a lifetime. Maybe that explains Joe Mascolo as lead actor.
It's not based on anything.

For this year Deidre doesn't belong in the lead category either, but Peggy has never belonged there. One year, either Renee Jones or Lauren Koslow was listed as lead. There's just no rhyme or reason to any of this whole process.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Feb 10 2013, 10:58 PM
chinkybig
Cathalina
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I don't have a problem with people choosing not to submit, but I think it's ridiculous for actors like JS or AS or AZ (who I don't think has ever done this) to claim they didn't have the material. The show is horribly inconsistent, but the lead actors get all kinds of Emmy bait constantly. The overall story sucks but the individual scenes are what matters here, and they've all had ample opportunity to shine. Don't get me wrong. I think they all have sucked, but it hasn't been for lack of material.
Actually what JS said was that he personally didn't think the work was up to the caliber necessary. I didn't take that to be a knock on the material he was given but rather that he apparently didn't feel he delivered a performance that was worthy.

And AS mentioned that she couldn't find an entire episode that she felt was strong enough - again, I took that to be referring to her opinion of her own performance.

I do think that the change in the rules - now requiring an entire episode rather than random scenes from a variety of episodes - probably makes it more challenging for actors to find what they'd like to submit. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, either - because over the years we've seen people win Emmys for a random stand alone scene when the people that lost to them had a much more consistent and larger body of work.

lysie
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 11 2013, 11:21 AM
lysie
Feb 10 2013, 10:58 PM
chinkybig
Cathalina

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Actually what JS said was that he personally didn't think the work was up to the caliber necessary. I didn't take that to be a knock on the material he was given but rather that he apparently didn't feel he delivered a performance that was worthy.

And AS mentioned that she couldn't find an entire episode that she felt was strong enough - again, I took that to be referring to her opinion of her own performance.

I do think that the change in the rules - now requiring an entire episode rather than random scenes from a variety of episodes - probably makes it more challenging for actors to find what they'd like to submit. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, either - because over the years we've seen people win Emmys for a random stand alone scene when the people that lost to them had a much more consistent and larger body of work.
Nice to know I'm not alone in thinking they suck.

WillFan
Member Avatar

My tweet

Will Horton■@iheart_Sonny
@BlakeBerris congrets on you Emmy pre-noms for Supporting Actor.
https://twitter.com/iheart_Sonny/status/300695894397964288

He tweeted me back

Blake Berris■@BlakeBerris
@iheart_Sonny didn't know about it. Where did you see that?
https://twitter.com/iheart_Sonny/status/300695894397964288

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Well he didn't get a pre-nom. He submitted for Supporting Actor. That field has to be narrowed down to 10. Those 10 will be the pre-nominated actors. I think he has a good chance at it, but it hasn't happened yet and who knows what will happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply