Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, February 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 5 2013, 10:10 AM (6,756 Views)
JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

"You're the most independent woman I think I've ever met." - Brady to Kristen

Yeah, her independence must be the defining feature behind all of her crazy John-obsessed antics over the years. Girl power ain't what it used to be.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

"Mommy had to do something." Well, that's one way of putting it, Johnny.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

According to Brady, Kristen is an "Independent Woman". Which begs the question "Stefano, how'd your angels get down like that?"

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I think Jennifer actually looks really cute today in her cowlneck sweater & high ponytail.

cord08

Matt
Feb 5 2013, 01:08 PM
Nick continues to look at the same 2 paragraph article. ALL FUCKING NIGHT. Dude, it's not War & Peace. If you're having that much trouble, look for the damn Cliff's Notes.
Well, in Nick's defense, that article had a different picture of Lucas. So, maybe it was a different article and he had four paragraphs to read. ;)

cord08

An Allie mention. SHE LIVES.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Rafe remembered Allie! :o

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Feb 5 2013, 01:13 PM
Rafe remembered Allie! :o
Well, he and Lucas are the two best parents these kids have.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 5 2013, 12:28 PM
[Insert some sort of "controversial opinion alert!" emoticon here.]

I'm probably the only person who feels this way, but I really don't mind it when young kids are out of sight and out of mind for extended periods of time on soaps. Unless they're actually being featured in a storyline (as an aside, I also disagree with the notion that children are sacred and should not be featured in "depressing" storylines -- children get sick, children get hospitalized, children die, etc., and I have no problem with such storylines being told), I don't really need to see them...well, ever. The occasional offhanded reference is fine, just to add a sense of realism to a scene, but beyond that, if I never saw any of the kids again until they were actually being featured in storylines, I'd be fine with that.

That said, I do agree that there should be consistency -- if the writers are going to make an effort to show certain kids on a regular basis, they should be making an effort to show every kid on a regular basis. Seeing the kids doesn't bother me, per se -- I just don't find it necessary to see them, so I don't miss them when they're gone. Once they're SORASed and ready to be given regular storylines, it becomes a different matter, but most of the scenes that Johnny has had since the cancer storyline concluded have been nothing more than fluff. Most of the scenes that Ciara has had since that misguided "adventure" with Theo have been nothing more than fluff. Most of the scenes that Theo has had since Lexie's death have been nothing more than fluff.

I don't really need to see fluff.

:run:
You arenít alone. When it comes to kids in Soaps, I can take 'em or leave 'em. Iím perfectly content when they arenít in many scenes. For one, their reaction to something means more because you arenít seeing their reaction to every event (i.e. seeing Johnny's reaction to Will's sonogram pic. Second, a Soap is a daytime drama.... a child's definition of drama is they cant find their favorite stuffed animal. While I understand it in real life, I donít want to watch it on TV in my fantasy land/Salem.

What does get on my nerves though, is when they specifically mention Johnny and Sydney staying the night somewhere but no mention of Allie. While, I donít care to ever see Allie again until she's teenager, I wouldnít mind hearing her name every now and then.

cord08

I guess "beds" is the theme of today's episode.
Edited by cord08, Feb 5 2013, 01:21 PM.

cord08

I hope Nick's flashbacks don't just consist of a creepy voice... If it wasn't for the scar, I would think it was all in his head.

cantstopme
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 5 2013, 01:12 PM
Matt
Feb 5 2013, 01:08 PM
Nick continues to look at the same 2 paragraph article. ALL FUCKING NIGHT. Dude, it's not War & Peace. If you're having that much trouble, look for the damn Cliff's Notes.
Posted Image

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 5 2013, 01:09 PM
"Mommy had to do something." Well, that's one way of putting it, Johnny.
Mommy had to do someone.

Multiple times.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Is this episode gonna consist of everyone being in bed?

Vicky4Mimi

lysie
Feb 5 2013, 11:35 AM
It's important that you all know that right after I posted this I received an email asking who the little blond girl was.
From Sami, right?

cord08

What the hell is EJ doing with that sheet? LOL!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Feb 5 2013, 01:24 PM
lysie
It's important that you all know that right after I posted this I received an email asking who the little blond girl was.
From Sami, right?
:roflol:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Is it just more or is the background music softer & far less intrusive on the scenes/dialog today?

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
lysie
From Sami, right?
:hail:

Well done.

lysie
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
lysie
From Sami, right?
Ha! No and I think you just offended the person.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply